View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy MDAI Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the brown sandy looking stuff. Tried it in dosages of 1mg and then 10mg just to see but didn't really feel any effects (which was expected of course, and I'm glad I didn't .

public service/memberator:

I think that we should be doing this with every research chemical, given the recent bromo-dragonfly mishap, particularly for research chemicals with dosage ranges in the hundreds of milligrams.

ebola

A question for the guys who already tried it:

I know some tried insufflating, but seems like bombing is better. Still I can't see anyone mentioning the differences between the two ROA. Anyone can please elaborate on this?

Thanks
Enduin

this compound is average on its own there are no psychedelic aspects to the high without adding small dose 2c-x.

Did you keep on taking it those 4 days and did tolerance return while you were taking the mdai?

Only on the 2nd day (in which effects were noticeably diminished) and then again after waiting 2 more days (by which time everything was back to normal).

The Methylone crash was pretty intense, but that binge did last 2 days straight without sleeping, so I should have expected it. Definitely not anything I plan on repeating.

I get the feeling like how we can laugh like mad at a good movie/whatever for only one or two hours before it's just too much, Methylone's headspace can only be rationally sustained for about the same amount of time.

Pushing it further without proper rest and baseline living inbetween is worth experimenting with once or twice, if only to ingrain in our minds why it's never a good idea to repeat that again ;)

MDAI + bk-MDMA is also a brilliant combo

could you elaborate a bit on that? dosage, timing, effects?

does it work to take the mdai when the peak of methylone is over to bring back the entactogenic effects?

Last edited:
Obviously I prefer using capsules if it's a favourable method..

I have a lot of experience with bk's. Also with pure mdma and always needed dosages on the larger side. Mephedrone is what I find a very dangerous somewhat new r chemical, you are mixing mdai and mephedrone.. then telling me to remember that this is a relatively new chem- just mildly ironic but thanks for the advice :)

Anyhow I think I'll try 200mg as my test bumps yielded no adverse effects.

Sorry wasn't meant to be a dick . We did test in incremental amounts until we got to a level that was pleasing.

Confirm on the brain zaps.
I felt the substance on its own was pointless and irritating because it felt lacking.

The day after I had no brain zaps.. now two days after I am not having occassional brain zaps.. im having them frequently as I'm typing. I took 100mg 5-htp the other day and it may have contributed to it. I'm not on any medication. Woah this is annoying. I was in a decent mood day after, now I'm in a shoddy negative kind of mood... just trying not to think about anything.

would MDAI be contraindicated with SSRI's/SNRI's? I recall that originally it was thought that MDMA+SSRI's would be a potentially dangerous combo, but eventually it proved to simply blunt the MDMA's effects. I would assume the same would go for MDAI, but haven't even heard any anecdotal evidence of this yet.

I have a friend interested in trying some, but is on Cymbalta (though I doubt she needs to be). If all else fails I'll just recommend she abstain for roughly twice the half life of Cymbalta. Anyone with any knowledge in the MDAI+SSRI field is more than welcome to comment on this possible course of action.

Confirm on the brain zaps.
I felt the substance on its own was pointless and irritating because it felt lacking.

The day after I had no brain zaps.. now two days after I am not having occassional brain zaps.. im having them frequently as I'm typing. I took 100mg 5-htp the other day and it may have contributed to it. I'm not on any medication. Woah this is annoying. I was in a decent mood day after, now I'm in a shoddy negative kind of mood... just trying not to think about anything.

I get brainzaps after every use of a serotonin releasing substance.

would MDAI be contraindicated with SSRI's/SNRI's? I recall that originally it was thought that MDMA+SSRI's would be a potentially dangerous combo, but eventually it proved to simply blunt the MDMA's effects. I would assume the same would go for MDAI, but haven't even heard any anecdotal evidence of this yet.

I have a friend interested in trying some, but is on Cymbalta (though I doubt she needs to be). If all else fails I'll just recommend she abstain for roughly twice the half life of Cymbalta. Anyone with any knowledge in the MDAI+SSRI field is more than welcome to comment on this possible course of action.

Bad idea, same rules apply as with MDMA.

Bad idea, same rules apply as with MDMA.

effects would probably be even less than with mdma as the dopamine and norepinephrine side of things would be missing with mdai.

so, at best it's pointless.

I might be talking out of my ass, but I don't think abstaining from an ssri for a short period of time is going to help. The ssri doesn't directly block the effects of mdma or similar, it desensitizes the serotonin receptors so they don't respond as strongly to serotonin because of the constant higher levels of serotonin. Since they block the reuptake there may not be as much serotonin stored to release anyway, further dampening the effect.

So the half-life of the ssri is irrelevant in this case because impediment isn't the ssri, but the changes it has on the brain which might take a month or more to revert back to normal.

The ssri doesn't directly block the effects of mdma or similar, it desensitizes the serotonin receptors so they don't respond as strongly to serotonin because of the constant higher levels of serotonin.
SSRIs downregulate the serotonin-receptors, that's true, but the main reason that SSRIs block the action of MDXX is that they have stronger binding to the serotonin transporters.

I was talking out of my ass then...

Now I'm confused, why do people, a few friends of mine in particular, report being unable to roll properly for months after stopping an ssri?

I was talking out of my ass then...

Now I'm confused, why do people, a few friends of mine in particular, report being unable to roll properly for months after stopping an ssri?

Probably because SSRI's downregulate serotonin receptors.

another point is that SSRIs downregulate SERT (pretty severely in some brain areas). less transporters -> less serotonin release by entactogens.

I have MDAI freebase (light brown/sandy looking powder) and gelcaps, and I was looking forward to trying 100-150mg tomorrow until I read that substances that weren't in their salt form are often unstable and less water-soluble. Would the bioavailability be equal or close to a salt form of the compound, or would I have to dissolve the freebase in something in order to for the MDAI to be fully absorbed if taken orally?

Its gonna be converted to MDAI HCl in your stomach under any circumstances, so it doesnt matter. Just weigh it out and put it in a gelcap as usual. SHould work fine.

Does anyone have any sexual experiences with a partner while on MDAI alone? I found that when I did MDAI I was very aroused, but the sedating part makes me wonder if company might be slightly annoying.

Also, has anyone tried combining this with o-desmethyltramadol? I find M1 to be pretty stimulating due to its NRI ability, and think this might synergize nicely with the MDAI to give that energy to it. Should be non-neurotoxic, and might even add some of that missing NE component that MDMA has. Or maybe MDAI + DRI + NRI? I know polydrug use with unknown compounds is a bad idea, but it seems like that might be the closest non-neurotoxic substitute. Any willing guinea pigs? =D

Last edited:
Does anyone have any sexual experiences with a partner while on MDAI alone? I found that when I did MDAI I was very aroused, but the sedating part makes me wonder if company might be slightly annoying.

Didn't really have any positive sexual effects from MDAI whereas M1 makes me a horny rat.

Then again I didn't have any positive effects whatsoever from MDAI, doses ranging from 100 to 250mg. Just a sedated restless sort of irritability. milage may vary

Status
Not open for further replies.