Votes: 251 20.7%
  • once a week

Votes: 154 12.7%
  • twice a week

Votes: 56 4.6%
  • everyday until I run out

Votes: 50 4.1%

• Total voters
Hmm, I hope this post makes sense, tendrils of cannabis smoke are currently wending their way through the labrynth of my mind-at-large!

Yeah it makes sense. I trip no more often than once a week. I find tripping to be self limiting; if i start tripping every weekend, which i might do if i had several weekends with particularaly good reason to trip (i.e good weather, access to good drugs etc), i soon get tired of it and have to take a break of a few weeks or so.

I agree that it is worrying when people trip too often.

I agree, tripping is normally for the average responsible drug user, self limiting. I trip on LSD/Shrooms/LSA/DXM once or twice a month overall, not on each drug. Obviously, during shroom season, it may be more because of the overflow of the shrooms and the rockbottom prices. And for other things, like Salvia, it can be as much as three or four times a week, if you'd call that a classic 'trip.' I wouldn't really.

I reckon I trip about once a month. One month shrooms, next month acid. Doing acid is my 'treat' and something I look forward to! :)

I do think it's a bit pointless doing psychedelics in the week. But different people take different things from the trip, so weekday tripping may suit them. :)

goa said:
i take it whenever i can, i'm still in school and live with parents, so when ever they go out, i'll be tripping :D

See I just don't get this, why would you need to take an intensely mind-altering substance (well, I assume thats the "it" you mention) all the time. For one thing you will fuck your brain up, its just plain abuse of drugs and certainly gives psychedelic drugs and their users a bad name. One thing I learnt from pyschedelics, probably the most important lesson of all, is that you don't NEED drugs to expand your mind- music, literature, psychology, art, all these help in that way..... it just bothers me that people can mess with such potent drugs so regularly.

Well its basically recommended to dose 5-10 times per year. This is to make every trip significant and hold some purpose. Spacing your trips out provides for a much better experience and is usually more rewarding.

However in my case during a steady supply of whatever it is (mescaline, DMT, LSD, Shrooms) i tend to trip twice a month and then stop for a month or 2. However on the other hand when psychadelics are scarce, i use them infreuqently as would be expected. Not being able to dose shrooms/acid for a month or two doesnt bother me in the slightest....but when it does fall into my lap its all the more enjoyable :)

probably once a month........ but its increasing, mostly 2cb trips.

this year will prolly be the most amount, loads of decent acid about and I've found my sweet spot with 2cb.

No as often as I would like to despite availability. Either daily life and its responsibilities get in the way, or set and setting aren't quite what I'd like to start out with . . . I go through phases where I do it weekly or so. Then there's times where I stay well away for weeks . . . one of those will soon come to a close, I can feel it . . . it started after a strong candyflip, which required I take some "time out" to integrate it all . . . and to recover . . .

I normally trip every 10-15 days but I have tripped 5 or 6 times in the past two weeks. I am going to try to wait at least till the end of next week before I trip again.

I probably trip less than 6 times a year. I try to give some months off between trips (including MDMA) to integrate the experiencie and make them special, also to be safe since i started using research chems.

Anyway, i'd like to do it more often, but university and other responsabilites don't help much.

Used to trip three or four times a week in the old days these days it would vary between once a week[if good acid was about] and every few months[if no acid and relying on mushies].For my money once a week is plenty if you are trying to lead a relatively normal life,i have kids so i am in this boat.Having said that tripping several times a week eventually became a "negative thing"for me,so i'd not recommend it now anyway.

Also i could fucking scream when i hear things like"loads of decent acid about"good for you enjoy it you lucky bastard.

My use comes in spurts. Usually, I won't trip for around 6 months, then in one month I might trip 5x. When lsd comes around, I will probably dose once a week until its gone. I find that if I do it regularly for a long time, I get really confused in normal everyday life.

I plan on tripping as often as I can while still feeling like I'm doing a good thing for myself. My thoughts about keeping it special are these:

The feeling of it being special is just a feeling. If that were the only good thing about tripping, that and excitement, then I probably wouldn't do it at all. Every day doesn't feel special, but I still choose to wake up every morning and I enjoy it. Tripping opens up the world to you, and feeling like that is special is such a small part of it that I could care less whether it feels special, but that's just me, and I can understand how people might want to keep it special.

i trip 1-3 times a month.
There are times that i will take a break that will last months and other times i could trip 2 times in 1 week but generally its about twice a month.

have only tripped about 10 times since january 2003
mushrooms every time
but there was a period during the summer of 2004 where i tripped like 5 times in 2 weeks
good times
wish i could find some
wish i had money

I trip on acid once a year if im lucky, which is not enough, in the summer time I do mushrooms every other week, or when it rains(which is a lot in the summer in Florida.) I trip on other exotic Phenethylamines or tryptamines once a month usually. I think that it is reletively safe to use the common psychedelics at yuor leisure, but the newer less researched ones should be used very responsibly, i.e. once every couple months or so. But what the hell you only live once right!