• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Flashback Thread

Is this a flashback?

It's been many months, about 10, since i was hospitalized for (mistakenly) taking 150-200mg of 2C-I and that was the last time i had ever taken a psychedelic.
I still have these weird moments where i'll be by myself or watching TV and i'll just sort of space out for a minute and feel like I'm back in that hospital in that bed, looking at all those intense visuals not being able to speak to anyone, my heart rate going up, feels as if my bloods boiling, sweating, and panicking. Then i kinda get outta that 'trance' within a minute or less and i calm down.

so, is that a flash back?

Also, this tends to happen more frequently and in greater intensity when ever i smoke pot. I guess this is because i smoked pot when I had taken the 2c-i?

I'd really appreciate some feedback on this matter.

It's been many months, about 10, since i was hospitalized for (mistakenly) taking 150-200mg of 2C-I and that was the last time i had ever taken a psychedelic.
I still have these weird moments where i'll be by myself or watching TV and i'll just sort of space out for a minute and feel like I'm back in that hospital in that bed, looking at all those intense visuals not being able to speak to anyone, my heart rate going up, feels as if my bloods boiling, sweating, and panicking. Then i kinda get outta that 'trance' within a minute or less and i calm down.

so, is that a flash back?

Also, this tends to happen more frequently and in greater intensity when ever i smoke pot. I guess this is because i smoked pot when I had taken the 2c-i?

I'd really appreciate some feedback on this matter.
Ive never considered myself having a flashback so cant really help you.

I do know though, after reading this happens when you smoke.. if you had posted this over in CD the answer you would be getting is that "you where just high" lol8)

^^Only problem there is i smoke pot very rarely anymore, maybe once every 3 weeks.

I would take a break from pot altogether for a few months. If the problem gets better with time, then avoid drugs that make it worse, maybe try to find some that make it better (benzos or anti-psychotics, or calming/depressant natural drugs if you prefer, might help). Pot is often called a "mild psychedelic" and given how much it potentiates most psychedelics, I can see it inducing flashbacks as well.

2C-I is not super well studied and that's a huge dose. It sounds like a flashback, but if it doesn't get better with time and if you take a break from pot for a while, you may wanna go to a doctor and make sure it's not actually causing any irregularities in blood pressure, heart rate, etc. It's probably just a subjectively unpleasant flashback to a horrible, traumatic bad trip, but better safe than sorry, I'd say.

I've never had a powerful flashback either, but I doubt your typical psychedelic user's flashback story allows them to relate with something like this. Flashbacks with intense psychosomatic pain are pretty damn rare, from my understanding.

Thanks for the response Solistus.
I did quit smoking pot for about 5 months since doing this. It did help minimize these instances but i still get them regardless. For the longest time i thought i had serotonin syndrome, the idea of these being flashbacks never occurred to me until recently.

You always see those vietnam flashbacks where guys get crazy into their flashback, so i just dismissed this as a possibility. Also the fact that all these psychonauts claim you can't get flashbacks from psychedelics such as LSD i just sort of dismissed flashbacks as a myth within the drug users realm.

I don't think i want to see a doctor about a problem caused by drugs, that will show up on my medical record won't it? And i doubt they'd take me seriously, or they'd think i'm trying to get drugs from them or something.

edit: I should note that for a number of months after the incident i had a severe fear of closing my eyes for extended periods of time, such as getting to sleep. So i'd have to drug myself (with alcohol or benzos) til i passed out. However, low-dosing DXM has actually helped me overcome this problem in recent months :).

Last edited:
Did I have a 'flashback'?

So a week ago I did some 2C-E for my first time and have taken LSD about 8~ times. While on these substances, I see a lot of the color green and purple.

Yesterday night I took some hydrocodone/codeine, and smoked some weed.

When I was trying to sleep, I looked up at the ceiling and from a random point, a shade of green would take over the whole ceiling pretty fast, just expanding from the starting point. I closed my eyes and the same green hue took over in that same motion. I opened my eyes again and it would do the same thing for about a good 2 minutes and then everything became normal. I felt slightly anxious because this never happened to me before but at the same time I was sedated with opiates.

Has this happened to anyone? Is this what people call a "flashback"?

i have a distinct taste in my mouth when i trip
one time i felt like i was mildly tripping with no visual hallucinagens whatsoever but i just felt like i was and i had that taste in my mouth
it was random and i was at the library studying lol

it was the weirdest thing. it was only a couple seconds though
i dont think it was placebo cause i wasnt thinking about it at all

I have this same thing when I smoke some good weed and take a few xanax. Its like a color goes over my vision for a while. I just got used to it :)

I've only had ONE that I can recall and it was following DOC many many years ago. I went downstairs to get something to drink and BAM visuals attacked me, could barely even walk. Staggering to the fridge I drank a little bit of milk and fell over a little. Kind of felt like nitrous oxide. I consider it a flashback for sure. My first DOC experiences were pretty intense.

i have a distinct taste in my mouth when i trip
one time i felt like i was mildly tripping with no visual hallucinagens whatsoever but i just felt like i was and i had that taste in my mouth
it was random and i was at the library studying lol

it was the weirdest thing. it was only a couple seconds though
i dont think it was placebo cause i wasnt thinking about it at all

I get that taste too. For some people its a smell.

During a long brake from psychedelics, I was walking on the street one day. Suddenly I felt that I was progressing backwards, even though I was walking forwards. It was like with every step I took, my vision zoomed back as if I was walking backwards. It lasted a few seconds and was incredibly freaky, but I went on ignoring it.
Anyway, what you experienced might or might not have been a flashback, but don't over excite about it. It didn't seem like the experience was too distressful to you, which it sometimes can be.

I remember lying in bed one day, when suddenly I started hearing a voice in my head. It was nothing like I ever experienced, because it felt like the voice was coming deep within my brain. It was a male voice I couldn't recognize, but it was extremely sharp and realistic. Too bad I couldn't catch what was being said, because it was a mixture of gibberish and nonsense, kind of like the mumblings you hear on psytrance tracks. I freaked out because I thought I was going schizo or something, however, it never came back again. :)

With flashbacks you are taken back to a particular experience. It's something different than the phenomenon that taking cannabis or opium or other drugs can make psychedelic effects come back from previous experiences.
It's not about the effects, it's about the episode and the meaning in it. If your effects were not like you were reliving a particular previous emotion or event that was very intense (almost traumatising), then it is just a sort of sensitization to trippy effects in general.

(merged)

Shroom flashback?! Why!

Hello lovelys! I made a post on here a while ago, one day after I made my first decision to use psychedelics. I tried shrooms for the first time (I'm not sure how much I took, but I took them grinded up with tea *bad idea*. They all sunk to the bottom and I had to dig them out with a spoon, yuck.) but anyway! Today I'm back because yesterday I had a traumatic experience with what I THINK is a shroom flashback?

Until yesterday, I hadn't even thought of my horrible shroom trip again... I don't want too and that's why this flashback has scared me so badly.

I smoked 3 bowls of marijuana from a bong and felt great. I was having the most fun conversations with my boyfriend and was super happy, until I got punched in the face by the shroom memories.

Instantly, I started reliving my shroom trip. I felt like my physical self was gone and I became very scared. I got tense and wanted to yell "ITS HAPPENING AGAIN, I'm so scared, it's happening! My shroom trip is back!" But I couldn't. Last time I cried and it made things worse. I tried to endure it - not even knowing flashbacks were possible. All my thoughts started looping - just like they did when I took shrooms. I felt like I had no legs or arms and all that was there were my eyeballs. Just seeing everything. Things looked animated and vibrant again and I felt as if what I could see was a screen. I didn't think I was walking when I was, or laying down when I was. It was JUST my eyes, or as immature and weird as it sounds, my soul. I had to keep convincing myself I was real. I kept telling myself my own name and reminding myself that I was "ok." But another voice in my head told me otherwise. I thought I was dying... Or dead.... But I didn't cause a scene. I just laid quietly with my thoughts trying my hardest to wrap my head around it. At times, even 10 seconds or so I would be overwhelmed with panic, which again, I didn't express. I heard a thought saying "stop! Stop doing this! Go back to living your life how you were." And another voice argued "what life?! This is my life? What am I going back too? What am I afraid of?"

This amongst other things lasted for 2 or 3 hours and went away. I felt depressed and really sad that my mind had gone back to what my shroom trip was like. I felt insane. Questioned if I was psycho or schizophrenic. Although shaken, I was fine. I ended up going home though and was still alright.

Around 8:30, memories kept coming back from earlier in the day. I was sitting with my parents watching tv and got SO overwhelmed, questioning if I was even alive, that I had to go up to bed.

In my room it started HAPPENING AGAIN! Since I was alone, this time I cried, only until I remembered that I shouldn't because it makes it worse. I hadn't smoked anything else, for at least 5 hours now. Maybe more, even! But it still came back. Everything was cartoon and vibrant again and TERRIFYING. I shut my eyes and focused on my breathing but the damn voices were back, like an angel and devil on my shoulder whispering things. I kept my eyes closed and got up to turn off my light - scared of what I would see if I opened my eyes. I crawled into bed and got my blankets around me. The thoughts and voices were super intense now, I kept saying "leave me alone" in my head. (Which really makes me seen schizophrenic.) and I wasn't at ease until I fell asleep.

Even then, it was the first thing into my head in the morning and that's why I'm here.

To any interested in what my shroom trip was like, please look on my page at my trip report!

I need advice though. Should I be afraid? Should I stop smoking weed? I've heard flashbacks are triggered by the use of marijuana. Smoking weed is not worth this feeling. Should I seek medical or professional help? Or only of it happens again? Or even THEN, is there a point too?

I'm scared this will make me even more depressed and anxious and I don't want to be living in fear of this happening again. I'm very shaken up and probably will be but I can't ease my mind and confide in the fact that it won't happen again.

I looked a bit on google and read about HPPD (I think are the initials.) this seemed different, and more visual. My "trip"/flashback was extremely visual, but I feel like it was more mental.

I feel scared and insane and know next to nothing about shrooms and the potential long term effects. I've read flashbacks can happen but most people say they like them/want them to happen, or that they are EXTREMELY rare, which also scares me... Thanks to anyone who submits their input. It's GREATLY appreciated.

Some history on me for those who would like to help, I am 19 and female. I am a very depressed person already, usually able to calm down by smoking weed, but now that scares me knowing I may "open up a world to shrooms" again. I do not intend to do drugs, including smoking weed for a long time - if ever. Shrooms are the only drug I tried, and I went into it very "sketchy". (I'm aware this is why I may have had a bad trip. You don't need to tell me ;)).

Have you ever tried to practice meditation? This video is a good introduction...I think maybe it could help you calm your mind when things start getting hectic or looping like you said...I think you should tell your parents if you keep hearing voices in your head, but don't jump to conclusions...having a cup of valerian tea (sleepy time extra is lovely) can really take the edge off, and you can buy it at the store in the coffee isle...I wouldn't consider it "doing drugs" although valerian is an active drug (GABA agonist), so maybe not sound advice. Do you have an honest relationship with your parents? Could you spill the beans about your taking shrooms once (hardly excessive for a teenage girl)? If possible I think they may be in the best position to assess your condition....I hope you feel better!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plpp&list=PL603BD0B03E12F5A1&v=hLvU7ppM4vE
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, Swim, thank you! I actually have thought about meditation but never had any look into it. About tea, i do drink a lot of it, sleepy time tea especially because my sleep schedule is easily interuppted. I haven't heard of valerian tea but I will look into that too. I'm just afraid right now feeling as if anything I do will trigger it off, you know? If it happens again, I will go to my mom and tell her the situation. I really appreciate your kind input and will definitely check out the video! Do you practice meditation? It's something I've wanted to do for a while. :)

I smoked 3 bowls of marijuana from a bong and felt great. I was having the most fun conversations with my boyfriend and was super happy, until I got punched in the face by the shroom memories.
Cannabis is very often reported to trigger "flashbacks", especially after particularly intense or traumatic experiences.

lay off the weed and other drugs for a while, and try to integrate the experience. think about what went wrong, you could have underlying issues you have to work on.
maybe you are hiding some problem from your very self and the shrooms made you brutally face it?
embrace the fear, accept it as a part if your spiritual path and once you integrated and understood the experience, move on with no regrets.
you may actually come to face your inner problems and maybe even resolve them, have you thought about that? positive mindset is the key, think about this experience as something that will help you proceed towards wisdom. I know it sounds hard and even strange that such terrifying experience could actually help you, but it's ALL up to you.
get into meditation (it works wonders), start a new, healthy life, exercise, learn to play an instrument.

good luck, wish you the best :)

Some general unfounded thoughts.

Until yesterday, I hadn't even thought of my horrible shroom trip again... I don't want too and that's why this flashback has scared me so badly.

It happened because you didn't want it too. You didn't think of the shroom trip consciously, but obviously your subconscious did.

Some history on me for those who would like to help, I am 19 and female. I am a very depressed person already, usually able to calm down by smoking weed, but now that scares me knowing I may "open up a world to shrooms" again. I do not intend to do drugs, including smoking weed for a long time - if ever. Shrooms are the only drug I tried, and I went into it very "sketchy". (I'm aware this is why I may have had a bad trip. You don't need to tell me ;)).

I think I can relate. I'm a bit older now but was more or less in the same mindstate for a few years. I believe weed has helped me not to do worse during my depressive periods, like binging on cocaine/alcohol or act upon my depressive thoughts. But it sure didn't bring about longterm changes in my brain that helped me cope. It does something remarkable in the moment and indeed, is one of the best things for calming down at that moment, *for the time you're high*. After that, the old feelings come back. I started psychedelics at 25, and after a few intense trips I found a way to help me cope in the long run. bit hard to put into words but it's basically about believeing in yourself. Hope this helps !

OP, not to lecture but only saying for the benefit of others (and you if you do ever decide to try any other types of drugs in the future once you get past this), you stated that you "know next to nothing about mushrooms and their potential long term effects"...this is why it is absolutely necessary to research things like this before you make a decision to take the plunge...this applies to ALL drugs!