• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy First-Time-Tripper Thread

It was blotter and it had an chemical taste to it, I also thought it was strange that the blotter was white/black. How can you tell the difference between LSD and Bromo-Dragonfly?

Duration, no lsd is going to last that long and bromo-dgnfly is not that common. Check out the DOx compounds, sounds fitting.

Thanks, so coming down do you still hallucinate? I didn't see anything melt until the 10hr mark but then again I think i'm very sensitive to psychedelics.

I've been smoking pot lightly for about a year and I've only tried shrooms once, and I plan on taking 2 hits of acid with a couple friends pretty soon. I was just wondering what I should do to ensure that I'm not completely overwhelmed and I have a good trip.

So I've gotten access to some mushrooms again, apparently the strain is called penis envy. A foaf took a gram and essentially described what my 8th experiences were like. Anyways my mushie experiences have always been fun but, at the same time there usually overwhelming in a bad way. I can't stand the come up at all and I don't really enjoy the body-load (coming from someone who loves dxm). I don't know how to describe it really when I'm at the tip of the peak and things get intense I can't really let go. I'm still me and it bothers me that I'm myself while thats happening. That and I never really seem to get introspective thoughts while tripping unlike dissociatives.

Granted all my psy experiences have been in my house. Maybe I just need to do it outside in a natural setting. Really though I just want my experience to reflect on my life and teach me things about myself no matter how bad or good. Is there any tips to get that exploration doing.

1. time on LSD, what should I do?

A friend and I are soon to try LSD for the first time (liquid LSD).

What would you do on the first time?
I know about set/setting.

Do you know the concentration of that "liquid LSD"?
Have you tested it with an Ehrlich reagent? Are you sure it's not one of the 25x-NBOMes?

etc.

So I've gotten access to some mushrooms again, apparently the strain is called penis envy. A foaf took a gram and essentially described what my 8th experiences were like. Anyways my mushie experiences have always been fun but, at the same time there usually overwhelming in a bad way. I can't stand the come up at all and I don't really enjoy the body-load (coming from someone who loves dxm). I don't know how to describe it really when I'm at the tip of the peak and things get intense I can't really let go. I'm still me and it bothers me that I'm myself while thats happening. That and I never really seem to get introspective thoughts while tripping unlike dissociatives.

Granted all my psy experiences have been in my house. Maybe I just need to do it outside in a natural setting. Really though I just want my experience to reflect on my life and teach me things about myself no matter how bad or good. Is there any tips to get that exploration doing.

Penis Envy mushrooms tend to be rather strong and have an edge to them. Some say they're twice as strong as normal cubensis, don't know about that but they're certainly intense. If your previous experiences with shrooms have been 'overwhelming' & heavy body-load PE might not be the best. Read up on them before you dive in.

I Need Advice,
I have never done a psycadellic before. But I'm really interested in trying LSD. I have "planned" what I'm going to do but need some more input other than from my best friend.

I want to do it alone because I heard it could enlighten your mind about yourself and doing this for personal reasons.

I want to do 2 tabs, and also smoke weed during. I'll be in my room away from everyone in the house. I have this really comfy blanket and comfy pants I plan on using to feel comfortable. I'm pretty much set on this plan. But would like some input. Or advice

Few questions also
Should i take 2 tabs for my first time ?
If so, how far should they be timed apart?
What can I do to keep myself occupied while tripping?
When should I smoke the weed?

Few questions also
Should i take 2 tabs for my first time ?
Depends wholly on the tabs. I'd suggest one, and feeling it out for the full duration, and trying a higher dose the next time. 1 tab may well be only threshold, but this may be beneficial in terms of showing you the basics of the psychedelic state.
If so, how far should they be timed apart?
If you take more than one, definitely take them all at once, otherwise is mostly wasteful and will mostly just prolong the potentially less pleasant aspects of the latter part of the experience.
What can I do to keep myself occupied while tripping?
Music, mostly. Walking around in nature or even in populated areas is amazing, too, especially once you've been tripping for a few hours and get a handle on things and know you'll be OK. Dancing at an appropriate event should be great but that's not what you say you're going for. Anything sensory really should be enhanced, try eating a citrus fruit, smelling, tasting, feeling it, just as one example, although as far as food goes you probably won't have much of an appetite. TBH really seak out any pleasant and interesting sensory experience, tactile, visually, auditory, as long as it's safe. meditate do that but it may get really far out. Emphatically not recommended is interacting with other people who aren't in the same mindspace or who at least don't know that you are.
When should I smoke the weed?
Marijuana tends to make me anxious, so, for me, never. For those who like marijuana, it might help the come-up, or mellow the come-down, or intensify the peak, but to me, it muddles the purity of the LSD experience, so maybe leave it out. If you need to mellow the experience, I'd suggest a benzodiazepine rather than marijuana, if you're looking to intensify it, and if you don't tend to get anxious off pot, it might be appropriate to do at the beginning with a repeat dose past the peak, but really, for your first experience, I'd suggest trying the dose by itself to get a sense for the real potential of the compound which is vast.

Really, I don't suggest combining any other drugs with LSD for your first time, you should experience it by itself to get a handle on what it's really about. If you're big into marijuana it might be a worthwhile addition but again I wouldn't suggest it for your first time unless you really feel you need it. Having a benzo on hand is a good idea both as a hedge in case of a bad experience or as being just by virtue of having it's own hand a certain reassurance. MDMA (candy-flipping) as well as N2O and DMT in combination with LSD at particular moments have their own magic but again I'd best recommend doing it solo as a first time experience. Some would recommend alcohol but unless abstaining from alcohol puts you anxious and off baseline (i.e. your an alcoholic) give it a try without.

O ya, I totally have a Gas chromatography-mass spectrometer in my garage, right next to that old washing machine.

Get a load of this guy, he doesn't have a GC/HPLC setup. What a silly man. I got mine at a garage sale in california, for an ounce of some good weed. If you're in canada, you often find them at the side of the road with a "FREE & WORKING" sign on it.

What's your excuse 8)

Bumping this great thread for those who are thinking about tripping for the first time. :)