• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The Big & Dandy ETH-LAD Thread

I had a 200 μg of ETH-LAD trip around a year ago that I never got around to reporting. My initial trips on 100 μg had horrendous body loads that turned me away from the drug for a long time, but by this time around I had learned from working with other psychedelics (particularly amphetamines) that I was creating a lot of their body loads for myself just by thinking about body load potential and allowing myself to interpret sensations that way. Instead, with the 200 μg I went in expecting there to not be any of the old body tension or nausea or anything that I had felt before, and there wasn't. I would actually say that there was no body load at all aside from some labored breathing during the heaviest part, but not in a way that felt like a serious physical issue, more just like being overwhelmed and comparable to things like for instance mushrooms.

I'm still rather ambivalent about ETH-LAD. I find it both weird and confusing, it's just also really powerful and interesting.

Has anyone seen receptor binding affinity data for ETH-LAD compared to LSD? Since my first trip with it, I've had the intuition that ETH-LAD + LSD would be a very good combo to experiment with, with the ETH-LAD at a lower ratio. I've still not tried it. But if ETH-LAD has less affinity for the HT2a receptor than LSD, it might not be worthwhile, as LSD might just hog those receptor sites.

But I don't really know how many receptor sites we have in our brain, compared to how many molecules are floating around and attaching to those receptors in a typical trip-dose. If on a typical dose of LSD, only 5% of the 5HT2a receptors are occupied at any given time by an LSD molecule, then this dynamic probably wouldn't come into play. But if it was much much higher, then it could matter. Would love to know more about this topic if anyone can talk about it, or point out resources that do.

I don't know where this came from but I've known about it for a long time.

0Tp4coV.png

Thank you @Kaleida this is gold! I forget what the units are on these kind of measurements, and how they work. Is the lower number more affinite to the receptor, and an exponential scale? In this table, ETH-LAD is labelled Diethyl, N-ethyl, correct?

No problem. Based on similar data the unit would probably be nanomolar (nM). And yeah, a lower number means higher affinity, but I usually think about that kind of data in a more linear way (like saying it's 5x as potent), I'm not sure how it actually scales to occupancy.

Indeed the Diethyl, N-ethyl is ETH-LAD. I think there's a lot of interesting values there, like, LSD is 1.4x selective for 5-HT1A over 5-HT2A but ETH-LAD is 16.8x selective. That's in part though because ETH-LAD is 3x less selective for LSD at 5-HT2A, in reference to your curiosity. Though, everything I've read suggests to me that ETH-LAD is also significantly higher efficacy of a 5-HT2A receptor agonist than LSD, which may help balance some things out.

I personally doubt you're going to completely clog up the receptors with LSD at reasonable dosages. I've yet to find a new highest dosage of LSD that wasn't more intense than all the lower dosages I've used (not that I've looked in a long time).

Thanks for the info. Good point .. you'd have to be somewhere around a saturation dose before that dynamic came into play. Yes, I believe ETH-LAD is meant to be more efficacious on 5ht2a than LSD is. Someone reported that earlier in this thread (was that you?).

What's Diethyl, N-CPM in the table above - is that aka CYP-LAD?

It's possible, but I'm not totally certain; CYP-LAD is N-cyclopropyl according to what I can find but N-CPM sounds like it's saying N-cyclopropylmethyl. It could be an actually intended difference or a mistake.

I think I saw someone else report the higher efficacy on the previous page. I long since suspected as much but only fairly recently saw some real 5-HT2A receptor efficacy data come in. It's just that a long time ago when digging deep for any possibly relatable research I found a paper about analogues of the pharmaceutical cabergoline, which is in fact a derivative of AL-LAD, which strongly suggested that in molecules that have what we would call a lysergamide-type shape, a N-methyl group produces either potent but relatively low efficacy 5-HT2A receptor partial agonism or antagonism (the first is generally shown to be true for LSD too) while increasing the carbon chain to anything longer like a N-ethyl, N-propyl, or N-allyl tends to dramatically increase 5-HT2A receptor efficacy closer to (not necessarily at) full agonist activity but also increases selectively for 5-HT1A and 5-HT2B receptors over 5-HT2A receptors. The changes in receptor affinity at least seem to be true for ETH-LAD and AL-LAD in the data above, and it sure at least always seemed believable anecdotally that the two were higher efficacy 5-HT2A receptor agonists. I was happy to start seeing some actual measurements done, though.

Eth-lad: My Problem Adopted Child.

I'm so lucky to have gotten a bit of this for my art exploration. I will definitely say that I was very disappointed that I also got a generally sick feeling from doing 100ug. It feels like a great, evolved plant defense agent that never was. It reminded me very much of the body load I got from my 1 time LSA seed experience; laying in bed wishing I could walk around and enjoy it but, NO, YOU LAY IN BED! NO EXPLORATION FOR YOU!

However, even laying in bed, unable to actually create art like I wanted except for a brief auto-drawing, I did get some very interesting insights about the analytical nature of the visuals as I scrolled through CorporationTube thumbnails. I remember one thumbnail of a military guy holding a rifle and... yeah, I get the sci-fi aspect people are talking about. Christopher Nolan's secret inspiration for his aesthetic is Eth-Lad?????

So, after not many hours (compared to LSD) I just fell asleep coming down on the 100ug, which was kind of easy since I was confined to the bed anyway.

The next day after having been up for a few hours I decided to try 50ug to see if I would get sickly, and NO! I think I found the magic for me with Eth-lad in the lower doses! That evening I did another 50ug and was in a perfect head-space the rest of the night!

It really helped me do a lot of art-work experimentation that I had started with some recent heavy trips on other substances... but you know sometimes when tripping hard, it's like you have tunnel vision and can only do so much at once.

Having some Eth-Lad between heavier experiences for me really seems to help me tie up a lot of the loose ends from those.

This is like nootropic gold to me even though I can't really use its "heavy" experience to trace the actual hallucinations. I need to be able to actually sit in a chair to do that!! I wish I could trace the visuals like with LSD and AL-LAD!!!!!

I thought about mixing it with some of the other lysergamides for artistic exploration but still not sure if it's worth introducing that into an already smooth experience. I may just keep this as it's own thing to do, like I said, between the other experiences.

Last edited:
ETH-LAD may not be conducive to such tasks as sitting and exploring art... but that is far from my forte.

Admittedly, the body load I experience from ETH-LAD is quite strong, especially when compared to the 1 subs (I have yet to try AL-LAD, nor do I plan to given its current "collector" status and price, which is also a 6 sub, irrc).... But for me, and my friends, the bodyload is quite manageable at doses of ~200. At 300ug the mental and visual effects over power the body load, and at that dose the body load makes itself quite apparent.

Ive honestly never tried doses below 200, and only a few in my friend group have....they report little to no effects. Maybe its batch or "tolerance" related ... but Im glad to see reports of this nature @thought-artist , as I feel it highlights the subjective nature of these mystic experiences

I was trying to dose low like redosing cuts off a single tab and I hadn't even finished more than around half when after two minutes of holding a third redose a little after one in the splendid afternoon until that went back in my mouth after my gut told me it was too much should not have put it back in against my gut instinct sketchy set and setting essentially had me puking while crapping on the potty

I’ve had that with eth-lad as well. But also decent non-body trips. What makes it bad for me is crappy foods in the weeks/days before trips. Eth just seems a bit less-forgiving for those of us who suffer that kind of thing.

ETH-LAD may not be conducive to such tasks as sitting and exploring art... but that is far from my forte.

Admittedly, the body load I experience from ETH-LAD is quite strong, especially when compared to the 1 subs (I have yet to try AL-LAD, nor do I plan to given its current "collector" status and price, which is also a 6 sub, irrc).... But for me, and my friends, the bodyload is quite manageable at doses of ~200. At 300ug the mental and visual effects over power the body load, and at that dose the body load makes itself quite apparent.

Ive honestly never tried doses below 200, and only a few in my friend group have....they report little to no effects. Maybe its batch or "tolerance" related ... but Im glad to see reports of this nature @thought-artist , as I feel it highlights the subjective nature of these mystic experiences
I can say that AL-LAD adds a bit of liquidness to the line visuals when tracing them and overall adds some colors and "juiciness" to LSD visuals. I'd recommend getting a bit of AL-LAD just to try for some extra visuals if nothing else.

For ETH-LAD I think the only way I could push the line-tracing more is to combine it with LSD. I don't want to mess up a good experience with LSD by getting sickly by adding ETH-LAD to it, but one has to try to know for sure I guess. Maybe one day I'll brave 200ug for exploration's sake and just deal with the body load to see the next step in visuals, bed ridden or not.

The thing I felt prominently when art experimenting on the 50ug ETH-LAD dose was a clear sense of confidence and direction. Maybe it would be great to combo it and not just save it for between other experiences if it could make me a bit less "spaced out" and more focused and more able to utilize the experience.

I'll then have to break out the salvia if it turns into the ultimate visual utilization experience like I want.

Last edited:
Had the opportunity to try a tab of ETH-LAD tonight and loved it. It felt similar to LSD-25, but the first half was marked by some mental and especially physical sedation (Which I didn't love) as opposed to the stimulation I usually feel. The duration was also quite a bit shorter, and I began coming down at around 5 1/2 hours (As opposed to ~8 hours with the same dose of 25). The body load honestly feels milder than an equivalent dose of 1P LSD, and the combination of insightfulness and clear-headedness that has persisted long past the comedown has been nice. I've had an excellent night and I'm gonna log off and hit the hay, but I'll add more to this tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing well! 💓

EDIT: Slept all day, but no post-trip depression like I used to get with LSD. May be due to some combination of improved mental health and not being on Wellbutrin anymore. Regardless, excellent trip with this wonderful compound.

Last edited:
Wonder what a 150ug eth-lad dose combined with shrooms would be like. Anyone ever combined the two? Only thing I'd be super worried about is nausea/body load as I experience that heavily from both substances. But maybe if I take some Zofran before it would be a good experience idk.

I bet it would be very intense, but otherwise a good combination. Zofran tends to work very well in combatting psychedelic nausea and bodyload so it would probably help a lot. The mental effects could be quite overwhelming though, depending on dose and setting,

I enjoyed eth-lad very much, tho i only tried it twice. I had extreme tunnel kaleidoscope visions both times. Very very trippy. Like others, i also experienced a bit of body load, it was quite trembly.

I fed some to an actual LSD chemist and they told me that they enjoyed it very much, but told me that the body load was more likely a result of it not being super pure. They estimated the eth-lad to be 85%, based on the jitteriness. That said they did ask me for more lol

Excuse my skepticism but I call bulshit on that. There's simply no way of estimating the purity of a compound by the subjective experience, not even aproximately.

But even if we concede the 85% purity claim, what kind of impurities would be potent enough to paint the experience at such low doses? On a 100ug dose, if 85% was eth lad and 15% random impurities, even if we assumed that theres only one contaminant, then it must be a stronger psychoactive than ETH-LAD itself to significantly alter the experience at only 15 ug.

I can’t comment on ETH-LAD but recently I’ve seen two people feel nauseous off a single tab of the same acid I take 3 tabs off with negligible body load. I can only surmise it is connected to the physiology of the person rather than acid itself.

I have wondered whether it is connected to a person’s individual genotype with some people possessing a specific mutation that either inhibits or enhances the sense of bodyload in response to LSD.