• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The Big & Dandy ETH-LAD Thread

That's exactly what I figured! Thanks for the reassurance PD! I've been drooling over ETH-LAD ever since I read it's entry during study hall when I was sixteen or seventeen. Ah time!;) I'll be a virgin in terms of tolerance when I should get it, I've toned down the excessive tripping for now. Estimations could be up to a month or more with zero psychedelia so I'm ready and rearing!

Quick inquiry, I see a lot of confliction when it comes to the come up and such. Ala time. Duration too. How do you factor in on this? What's your normal time line.

Oh and silly question but, if you hadn't had any lysegamides in about a year and you had the pick of 1P-LSD, AL-LAD, or ETH-LAD, which would you choose as your first dive back? Sorry mods! I know this question is iffy but I'm not really asking what I should take, just looking for some thoughts. I'm just not sure whether I want to go with 1P or ETH...

Oh and I personally like aligning peaks. I would take the mushrooms about forty minutes in or so. I'm not to sure of ETHs come up timeline though...

I found the ETH-LAD timeline to match pretty closely to how LSD works on me, but maybe an hour shorter in duration. The comeup was really fast (same as LSD is for me) which surprised me because this is completely different from AL-LAD. I found that AL-LAD sneaks in really slowly. ETH-LAD comes on fast. Duration I thought was a bit less than LSD, maybe an hour less. Plateaus are harder to pinpoint because it's all really subjective, but it does seem to keep building up after the initial come on, plateau for some hours, then taper off. Much like LSD.

If I had to choose from those 3 in your scenario I would choose ETH-LAD, hands down. The reason is because it's a tremendous psychedelic, but it is also so friendly that it seems to be very easy to handle (IMO). It feels more significant than AL-LAD, and 1P sounds like pretty familiar turf (compared to LSD), whereas ETH is something new.

ETH-LAD was a molecule I was interested in for a really long time too. It felt like a fantasy that it would be ever possible to ingest it, I still almost can't believe it has come true! Future acid 2015

Yeah you cemented it really! I was leaning towards ETH but was unsure since for the first time I would get a truly measured dose of "LSD" from the 1P but your right as I've done it many times before. I really like how people say that ETH is a really powerful trip yet easy going without the push/drive of LSD. I am a bit disappointed that it doesn't last long(the entry for it made it seem like it did), but I'm really intrigued with how people say you come up but it keeps rising! I'll probably drop one 150ug tab.

Totally agree though, way back when these lysergamided where just things I drooled over. I've used done rare psyches and found some, but never did I expect to see new lysergamided mass released!

I've personally found LSZ and AL-LAD way too weak in comparison to LSD psychedelic effects vs. secondary effects ratio, I've tried around 300µg of LSZ [I don't suggest dosing more than 150µg as Pihkal describes] because I was progressively increasing the dose, and got very good psychedelic effects (was literally seeing fireworks while having sex, something unique) but with a lot of negative lysergamide-like tension on the head (it's something I think some users will understand even with LSD at high dosages).

They have their own character but I consider both very mild psychedelics in the suggested dose ranges. Definitively, they are not substances to use as someone could use LSD (they just don't reach that level).

I never tried ETH-LAD but the reports I remember were comparable to a softer version of LSD. If that's true, is something I would like to personally avoid again (at least that's why I think after my personal deception on LSZ/AL-LAD)

Is there someone having experience with both ETH-LAD and LSD and able to provide feedback about how both compare each other?

Last edited:
^^^ MrHH: Have you read the thread?

Yes, I've read it. Nevertheless I am missing a clear reference on what to expect in comparison to LSD if there is someone already experienced on both :)

I felt a bit disappointed because my expectations were high for AL-LAD and LSZ, I am curious to know what about this new one. I've heard a mix of reports about ETH-LAD, some people reporting softer effects than LSD and others feeling more intensity than the previously known ones.

I cant say yet wether its stronger than lsd but its damn close. Al lad was disappointing. lsz was meh and 1p lsd is kinda meh too. Eth lad was a world of fun.
Super fast come up. Which for me is pretty damn fast. Lsd took a good 60 minutes for kick in. its not as pushy as lsd is the only big difference. Visually it probaby a little less dramatic than lsd but quite beautiful in its own way. Very bright colors like 4 ho met . Its pretty potent stuff nichols has stated that iit is more potent than lsd by weight i think.
I only have tried this at 150ugs. And i was pretty impressed wih this one much more than 1p lsd. ill try 300 tomorrow see how that goes and report back. Peace all

In Tihkal the dosage range is between 40 and 150 micrograms. That means, if you exceed 150 micrograms, there are negative effects -or- excess of body load. My suggestion is to not to do that.

https://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/tihkal/tihkal12.shtml

If you want to exceed the dose over 150ug, it sounds like another substance that doesn't provide a good psychedelic state even if you consume the maximum recommended dosage by Shulgin.

There are some substances that are not able to provide a full psychedelic experience at their recommended dosage, if you want to reach higher psychedelic levels you should change the strategy instead of taking more of something that it's not designed to provide such level. At least that's what my experience says, to avoid nasty effects during and after the experience. :)

Last edited:
There have been quite a few reports in this thread of people having profound experiences from that dose. I haven't really heard any reports of bodyload either. Honestly it sounds like a real winner. I'll say I really like AL-LAD too, though I don't take it for a profound experience. Nevertheless, it's nice stuff.

There have been quite a few reports in this thread of people having profound experiences from that dose. I haven't really heard any reports of bodyload either. Honestly it sounds like a real winner. I'll say I really like AL-LAD too, though I don't take it for a profound experience. Nevertheless, it's nice stuff.

Interesting...

I know some dosage ranges on Pihkal/Tihkal are not very well assigned due to lack of experimentation, but I had very negative effects every single time I increased the dosage over the recommendation, like in the case of LSZ (300ug of LSZ generated to me very dirty body load, what I can define as "lysergamide-stimulation" that was extremely uncomfortable).

This lysergamide-stimulation feeling was one of the worst things I've felt, I could not stop moving myself on the bedroom... and I was feeling tired but my legs were active.

Yeah that sucks, sometimes I get that from DOC too, late-night, it's the only thing I ever don't like about it, that feeling that you just can't stop moving.

Took 150ug out for a spin tonight. My basis for comparison is AL LAD, which is one of my favorite drugs.

Eth is similar but more "serious" than AL. Not pushy but less "recreational."

Way more visual, which is fun. Body load is present but managable.

I'm just over 6 hours in and still going strong. Overall a good experience but I still think I prefer the fun and carelessness of AL.

Now that's tickling my curiosity.

If it can make some of the music I listen to more dramatic, evil, and get really into intense lyrics I'm all for it (main kind of music I listen to is hardcore punk (the real stuff, to me the last real hardcore punk wave of the late 90's was the last of it, although ONE band formed into the 2000's, Paint It Black, does it right still. Melodic hardcore punk (Propagandhi is the best doing this stuff) and thrash metal). LSD made some rather trippy songs for an hardcore band like this one (One King Down were one of a kind, can't believe this came out in '96...damn :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs7NGnPW67Y

I like how LSD helps me channel all this negative energy into something positive, where after I'm done listening, I will just pick my own guitar and record myself playing with an amp emulator with the guitar plugged right into the computer which comes out through its sound system. My only way to play and hear myself these days, I sold my 2 amps for Dilaudid a couple years ago :|

If eth-lad is intensely psychological like L in after the initial come up and then has a kind of wiggling plateau, I'll be obtaining it for sure. Shorter duration isn't an issue to me, more like, a good thing. I'm not looking for ego loss either, I had enough of that with 4-aco-det last summer, anything over 25mg of that and I'd feel like my head was a thumb of something much larger...yeah, it didn't make sense to me either at the time when I came down a little.

^ woah there momjrr, 300µg of each sounds really high, I wouldn't go that high especially on first trial with the combo. Everyone's different of course..

Well, my other experience with ETH-LAD was 450ug, so I knew what to expect (unless you're talking about physical health concerns). :)

But, I went for 200 LSD 300 ETH-LAD instead.

What can I say.

The come up is a bit more intense than a 200ug LSD trip, but less intense than my 300ug LSD trip or 450ug ETH-LAD trip.

ETH-LAD seems to add so much to the visuals, euphoria, feeling of oneness, while adding 0% to the mindfuck. It just seemed like an amazing, manageable 200ug LSD trip with by far the most visuals I've ever had.

I feel like when I first found LSD. I used to do shrooms, but when I found LSD I just didn't want to go back. I've still got like 4oz dried but LSD is all I need now. Although, I now feel like I've found the ETH-LAD + LSD combo I don't think I want to go back to doing LSD by itself :)

I want to push it a bit further, I feel like I could push ETH-LAD quite high and only need to get through the intense come up. Next time I will either go for 200 LSD 600 ETH-LAD, or 300/450.

Yes, I've read it. Nevertheless I am missing a clear reference on what to expect in comparison to LSD if there is someone already experienced on both :)

I felt a bit disappointed because my expectations were high for AL-LAD and LSZ, I am curious to know what about this new one. I've heard a mix of reports about ETH-LAD, some people reporting softer effects than LSD and others feeling more intensity than the previously known ones.

My only experience eith ETH-LAD is a 450ug trip, and a 300ug trip with 200 LSD :)

It has everything that LSD does, but the visuals are much more insense.

To me, from a basic perspective we could be describing AL-LAD. What I never got from AL-LAD was that deep connected oneness you get from LSD. Also, when pushed higher it's not possible to get it closer to LSD, it just becomes more confusing. AL-LAD is a great chemical, but compared to LSD it's only adding those "secondary effects" such as visuals.

ETH-LAD for me has the true beauty of LSD. It's not easy to explain, but if you know LSD then you'll know what I mean.

What it doesn't have, I can only explain as the "harder" sides of an LSD trip. Parts of ego loss for example, things that you usually go through if you want to melt into the sea of counsciousness (or wherever you wanna go :)). You can get to those places, feel like you have no body, are one with everything and everyone around you, while still knowing you have a body, whether you prefer tea or coffee, etc :) It almost feels like cheating.

Well, my other experience with ETH-LAD was 450ug, so I knew what to expect (unless you're talking about physical health concerns). :)

But, I went for 200 LSD 300 ETH-LAD instead.

Oh my bad, I misread and thought you were advising others to take 300µg of each. Do what thou wilt :)

What I never got from AL-LAD was that deep connected oneness you get from LSD. Also, when pushed higher it's not possible to get it closer to LSD, it just becomes more confusing. AL-LAD is a great chemical, but compared to LSD it's only adding those "secondary effects" such as visuals.

ETH-LAD for me has the true beauty of LSD. It's not easy to explain, but if you know LSD then you'll know what I mean.

What it doesn't have, I can only explain as the "harder" sides of an LSD trip. Parts of ego loss for example, things that you usually go through if you want to melt into the sea of counsciousness (or wherever you wanna go ).

I agree with the way you describe/contrast these three lysergemides, hit the nail on the head.

Hey guys I dropped 300ugs of eth lad it's a Fucking gem.
Had the opportunity to see phish at my favorite veune. And my mind was completely blown after taking the them. I'd like to push it higher.
I see that being no problem as the bodyload was nil to no existant. This stuff had me tripping Great. Easy plus +++ expierence. Only thing that I noticed was typic lsd like stomach cramps. But nothing at all uncomfortable. This does have its own charm it's unique. Visually beautiful. Shit any phish show is many that's why I had such a great time.
I get a very distinct lsd feel. As soon as you ingest this stuff it's just love man.
I would love to take it to 450ugs next time.
But I think it may be wise for me to study 1plsd a little more, as some people swear they cannot tell the difference between 1p lsd and actual lsd.
Because that expience beat the pants off any 1p expierence. Hands down .
Peace all and much love,

Hey guys, I have some more thoughts on this.

When I posted yesterday I had not yet comedown fully.

Firstly, I know the sayings, everyone reacts differently, and every trip is different. I personally trip in extremely consistent circumstances: Alone in my own apartment, on the weekend when I'm feeling great and have no responsibilities, and I don't mix it with weed. Through all of my usage of LSD, 1P-LSD, AL-LAD and now ETH-LAD (Sadly not LSZ or LSA yet, I have seeds but am yet to tr an extaction for LSA), yes sometimes it hits a little harder or softer, but the effects are always consistent, predictable. I feel that I can safely talk about this without it being very subjective.

If you want to get an idea about how much I love lysergamides, you can view the fairly recent version of my stockpiles: http://imgur.com/a/jFYWZ http://imgur.com/a/dVU6S

I only ever trip on lysergamides anymore, I love DOM, I used to love shrooms, but I can't bring myself to use anything else, this is the stuff for me.

I have not pushed LSD to an extreme, I've gone up to 300ug of good L and I can see where it's going, and I understand that it's no small feat to make that jump and push it to where I really want it go to (probably 500ug+), but once I'm there, "I" probably wouldn't actually be there.

Just a recap on some of my input to this thread, I've now had 2 experience with ETH-LAD. These are my last 3 trips overall from oldest to newest:

1) ETH-LAD: 450ug
2) LSD: 300ug
3) LSD 200ug, ETH-LAD 300ug

I can be sure for 100% what 200ug of LSD does to me, so it was very very clear to me what the 300ug of ETH-LAD added to my last trip (Or did it add! - more on that in a sec.)

My drop was at around 1:00pm yesterday, and I was still lying in bed awake at 5:00am. The comedown on this thing is absolutely beautiful, I wasted a lot of it (you know, trip is over, go back to normal stuff), but the comedown is as good as the trip itself! You just need to use it right. My room has LED lighting strips under the bed, and at night it softly lights up the entire room in various colours, slowly blending between them. (side note: you should all get the same!). My bed was just SO comfortable. Music still sounded amazing, it wasn't as full on as during a trip but it was fantastic. Just lying there listening to music, smiling, cuddling my pillow, saying out loud "I love you everyone!". I think if the comedown was a drug in itself people would take it, it's so mellow and feelgood. I thought it was going to be harsh from 200ug LSD and 300ug ETH-LAD, because 300ug LSD gives me very strong comedowns, with a strong feeling of being "fried", and really feeling like you need to sleep and even managing to become irritable from it. I don't feel fried after ETH-LAD.

It's the next day, I feel so at ease. I woke up today a bit confused (strange dreams - normal after tripping), but after a few minutes I suddenly burst into a huge smile and said "There you are! Hello world" (Yes it sounds silly, but this stuff just comes out of your mouth when you're this happy!).
I just went out to get some food. It's overcast and windy today, wind with a biting chill to it. I went without a jacket and the cold wind feels GREAT. It's nature, what a sensation. When I talk to people, there's only empathy and understading and niceness in me. There's not even 1% anxiety in me today, it doesn't exist, it's gone. I haven't felt this happy and complete since the sheer relief coming back from the time I got stuck in infinity for a few hours. I _literally_ want to hug a tree right now, and I'm as far away from being a hippy as you could probably find, so that's saying something.

Yesterday I posted that LSD and ETH-LAD is the definitive combo, and a few other very positivie things about ETH-LAD. Now I'm analysing it a bit better and have some other thoughts.

Perhaps ETH-LAD wasn't extending and complimenting the LSD experience in the way I said it did. I feel bad saying this because Lucy has been such a wonderful part of my life, but, I think LSD may have actually been taking away from the ETH-LAD experience.
I think the LSD was at that point only taking away from clear headedness and adding the "fried" feeling you get. Of course, adding it's own piece into the hat for visuals, musc, deep feeling and thoughts, but ETH-LAD gives me those things, and it SEEMS like it gives me all of them in greater quantities.
I *think* - if this goes the way I think it does, and is how I feel it is, then we may end up calling LSD "dirty".... ! Shock-horror, I know. I don't like writing that about my lovely Lucy, but it feels very clear to me at the moment.

I think this might be the ONE. ETH-LAD might be the ultimate psychedelic experience.

I have one more experiment planned (I say planned - but you know how it is when you feel this good - you can't imagine tripping ever again and feel like giving away all your stuff! but the answer is no, don't ask! :)), and I think taking 750ug ETH-LAD by itself may convince me either way on where this is at exactly. I have a feeling that it'll be the worst, most severe and worrying comeup, and possible psychedelic experience I've ever had during that point, and after that I'm thinking full on can't see 12 inches in front of you OEV's which are basically CEV's, full on synesthesia, full on feeling of oneness and love and joy, and probably a rather clear head and full sense of who you are!

We'll see :)

Meanwhile, who wants to race me to see who can sell out the people vending this! See you at the finish line.

EDIT/DISCLAIMER:

As with anything in life, this has come from a very particular viewpoint. I am someone that deeply loves lysergamides, especially LSD. I have used them time and time again, and spent a great deal of my own time thinking about and analysing the exact and deep effects of each one.
If you are new to psychedelics or more of a poly psychedelic user, my post may not attach as much meaning for you. It is coming from someone that has been in love with LSD and will probably mean the most to other that are too.

Last edited:
Ok, so I did the 750ug.

WOW, and also NOT WOW!

It's difficult to put into the rights words.

The trip never became comfortable at all. I guess at this dosage it may actually be missing the ego loss of LSD to pull you over the edge. It was a struggle for almost every minute.

It was very strange, visuals were off the scale. Never been anywhere near this level, perhaps never will see anything quite like it again.

I did have a lot of synesthesia if I stopped moving for a while, but it was very strange and not easy to allow it to go on. Maybe I just needed the right song and never found it. Whenever I tried to let it go, my closed eye vision would start to break up into 6 or 7 separage parts which shifted within the overall patterns somehow, and it felt like those 6 or 7 parts were part of the synesthesia (mixed with my body and other senses) but the rest wasn't. But it just felt strange.

I was walking around my apartment watching Yellowstone and Planet Earth etc, by the time Planet Earth came on there was very little point watching it, I couldn't clearly see what was on screen. A mountain view was like 2 shapes (the mountain and the sky) in LSD colours. But one moment I did stand there and after a few seconds I felt myself kind of pulled into a full on ego loss. I knew I wanted to snap out of it somehow but I didn't know what it was, I was trying to think what thinking was if that makes sense. I literally had no idea what was going on, my movements felt like part of some kind of soup that was mixed with everything else and looked like fractals. It seemed like longer but I think I was out of it within 30 seconds.

Near the end of the peak I knew I wouldn't forgive myself if I'd taken so much and didn't at least hear a few pieces of classical music that I really wanted to. So I managed to lie down finally and listen and go with it. The CEV's were completely beautiful, hippy style floaty soft wonderful patterns, clear as anything and mostly pastel colours. Like this but more clean and defined and much much more detailed:
https://img0.etsystatic.com/000/1/5351396/il_fullxfull.253437850.jpg

I managed to be like this for about 30mins until the peak was wearing off, and I really enjoyed the comedown which was very relaxing.

Overall it was shorter than LSD. I guess the comeup was from about 50mins until 2.5 hours or so (but very intense.).
The peak was about 4 to 4.5 hours.
The comedown wasn't as strong as on a strong LSD trip, but I did feel heavy headed.

I still want to go back and try 600, but I think I'll be doing this either as a 450 on itself from now or mixing it with LSD.

Most people will find the comeup far too difficult at this dosage, and the trip itself was probably too much too because you need to deal with it for every minute of the trip. It doesn't drag you over the edge like LSD.

I am thankful that I had this experience because the visuals and feeling of oneness and depth were so great. I feel more cleansed than ever, and I'm glad it was difficult because I managed to get through it, and feel a lot of strength from that.

Thanks for the report momjrr! Probably safe to say you've taken this higher than anyone else reporting on the interwebz. It definitely sounds like that dose is too much (I'm sure I wouldn't want to go that high), but I wonder if it would have been easier to handle if you had a longer break since your last trip? Or maybe it would have been even more gripping on account of residual tolerance taking some of the bite out of it. Anyways, I'm guessing 450µg - 600µg might be the upper limit to how much ETH-LAD most people will want to take.

Nice you managed to get a screenshot of your brain there. I had some visualizations similar to that too, but completely 3D and high resolution, mathematically precise, dynamic, and more recursive/fractal. Maybe the most impressive thing I've ever "seen" on a psychedelic.

I think it would have made it a bit stronger, but not by much. I'd left almost 2 weeks but not fully. I guess slightly stronger racing thoughts and a stronger sense of synesthesia.

I just think ETH-LAD may be too clear headed to go this far, to literally feel like your body and the visuals are the same thing, while knowing who I am and where I am and even how to log into my laptop. I could just about walk straight, but not well enough to look normal outside like I could on 450.

I think I had a chance of pushing through it, but at the time I really was dead set on listening to what I wanted to hear (music) instead of something I know would've been more soothing and relaxing. Maybe others would handle it better, or maybe I would if I tried again...

On the clear headed-ness, apart from those 30 seconds, I knew everything about who I was and could function very well. There were racing thoughts, but the main thing was just a feeling of uncomfort.

I think on 450-600 it should be noted that the comeup is really bad, people will tap out with benzos during this phase. It was difficult on this dose but I knew kind of what to expect, and I don't keep benzos around.

It sounds strange, but I'm still curious to try this dose again, in the far future.