View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DXM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dosing all it once is the way to go with DXM (well, unless you're going for sigma), if you're worried about vomiting on it the advice we always give is- consume something acidic like leomon juice to balance out your stomach ph, ginger can help with nausea, dph can help, and herb works wonders (a;so potentiates the drug quite a bit).

Other options would be taking something that inhibits your CYP2D6 enzyme like white grapefruit juice or cimetidine (try cutting your dose in half if you do this). Also, this method will greatly increase the amount of DXM relative to DXO in your system and can qualitatively change the experience, some like a more DXM heavy trip, some like it more DXO (a more potent NMDA antagonist than DXM) heavy.

^ Interesting bit of info on the DXM/DXO ratio modulation with CYP2D6 inhibition. Can anyone give an account of their experience of the qualitative difference between DXM trips with and without a CYP2D6 inhibitor?

I've tried redosing about 5 hours after the initial 300mg with another 300mg (both syrup), and the redoes had absolutely zero effect. I recommend checking out the crystalized form of DXM to go to higher doses. You can find instructions for the extraction online (somewhere on BL?).

Last edited by a moderator:
Excessive blood in brain due to DXM?

A few days ago I took a third plateau trip and when I take that much I usually always get the sensation that there is alot of pressure in my head but I never thought what it could be from. So this last trip I had handy 1mg of klonopin so I decided to take it about 5 hours into my trip as i was comming down. Now usually when im tripping when there is pressure in my head but I am usually so "dissociated" that I don't really notice/care about it but once I took about .5 mg of the K'pin I felt an EXTREMELY abrupt decrease of the pressure. I know what klonopin reduces blood pressure so I am assuming that the pressure I was feeling in my head was due to the fact that there was so much blood up there that it was leading me to feel the "pressure" sensation. Does any one else have the feeling of pressure in their heads on DXM? If so have you ever mixed a benzo with it and with what result. Thanks in advance for any feedback! (^^^)

Blood does not enter the brain. The brain is separated from the blood by the blood-brain barrier.
Which does not mean you did not have an increase on intra-cranial pressure, which may change according to the blood pressure. Check wikipedia for these concepts.

Unless of course you are dependent, in which case withdrawal can lead to a substantial rise in BP...

I know that ketamine causes significant increases in intracranial pressure. I don't know how similar DXM's pharmacology is to ketamine beyond the NMDA antagonism. Did this pressure come with nausea/vomiting, blurry vision, or depressed heart rate/breathing?

I'm guessing you had a tension headache and a benzo calmed your nerves and the muscles encasing your cranium.

DXM is a fairly strong SNRI, I wouldn't be suprised if it increases BP greatly.

Blood does not enter the brain. The brain is separated from the blood by the blood-brain barrier.
Which does not mean you did not have an increase on intra-cranial pressure, which may change according to the blood pressure. Check wikipedia for these concepts.

Thats a slightly misleading way to put things. There are blood vessels in the brain.

Interesting. If DXM does significantly increase BP, would this effect be moderated by beta-blockers? I.e. are beta-blockers safe in combination with DXM?

I think I was on a small dose of propranolol (beta-blocker) on my most recent DXM trip, which was definitely the most physically "smooth" and transparent trip I've ever had on DXM.

^Propranolol decreases the metabolism rate of DXM (I think).

dxm tolerance

After you build up your dxm tolerance how long does it last until tolerance goes back down?

NMDA antagonist tolerance seems to be rather long lasting, anecdotal reports even suggest it could be permanent - however I wouldn't go that far, as I had an extremely high Ketamine tolerance, but gave it a few months break and it was substantially lowered - then gave it over a year and a half break and I'm now able to get strong effects from very low doses of Methoxetamine, suggesting my NMDA antagonist tolerance is gone, or minimal at best.

I'd give it at least a month or two if you have a high tolerance though, any use before that time will most likely just further your tolerance and increase the length of tolerance break needed.

thank you very much. i was wondering why im not really feeling anything right now. that explains a lot your input is appreciated

Yea I agree, DXM seems to have a long lasting tolerance in my limited experiences with it.

For each plateau I've been told you have to way that number of weeks before it goes down. So if you trip at the 2nd plateau you should wait two weeks before trying again for example. I'd probably wait at least or month or two as was already suggested. No reason to get out there too often right?

I know some people use it daily and seem to be able to get the desired results, but the amounts they're taking seem to be massive (like a gram or more) and I don't think I could ever get that many gelcaps down xD.

yeah i used to take upwards of almost 3grams daily when i was really really bad with it a few years ago but ive mellowed out much more since then and only will take up to a gram at most usually. on special occassions or by accident ill go over a gram. which is what i did last time i took them. i made a mistake and drank a bottle of delsym and wasnt really feeling it and took an entire box of cccs on top of it and was pretty fucked up lol. sorry for rambling, im begining to feel it and i get very talkative. thank you for your input as well. thats a good rule, first plateau, wait a week, second, two weeks and so on. :]

You need to be more elaborate in your question. What do you mean by "bug thee fuck out"? Are you talking about pupil dilation? It is normal for your pupils to become very wide while on DXM, as well as nearly every other psychedelic out there.

Or are you talking about the distorted vision that comes with DXM, like seeing double, having that 'drunk' kind of visual state? Again, this is just an effect of DXM and I'm not sure if you can stop this.

that doesnt answer my question as to why though. and if theres a way to control it. cuz my eyes are like wide fuckin open and its sooo obvious and i dont want it to be obvious dont mean to be annoying just curious

Status
Not open for further replies.