View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DXM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there. I've been reading up on DXM and hope to try the Sucrets extraction. I have not found Sucrets available in bags as suggested in the instructions for extraction. However, would these be alright to use and leave you with just pure dxm after the extraction?
SucretsLozenges.jpg
Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

^^^ yeah that'll work. i've done it with those. don't remember too much about the process though. i followed instructions from dextroverse.org i think.

there is a lot of debate online on which fraction contains the DXM at the end of the extraction. at the end of the extraction there's a liquid portion with a powder portion that accumulates at the bottom. i'm fairly sure that the powder portion actually contains the DXM but I'm not totally sure...

i almost never bought sucrets even when they were on sale and cheaper per MG than other forms of DXM. i hate the things, haha.

I plan on trying both methods of extraction but its gonna take a while to get what i need considering where I am, will let you know how I get on. Thanks.

Just did DXM again for the first time in over a year. Gotta say I seem to have 'lost the magic'. I did it quite a bit back a couple years ago, guess it's one of those permanent tolerance sort of things. Oh & I took over 800mg.

^^^ did you smoke with it? i bet one or two puffs of weed or spice and you would've hit the stratosphere. with my tolerance i have to do over a gram of i do just DXM alone and want to actually TRIP. =/ but a 2p dose with weed will also produce pretty good trip for me rather than just a dissociative high.

yeah, I had weed and a cig. While they both enhanced it, it still wasn't anything special. It just lacked the crazy awesome sparkle it used to have, completely detached from my body flying through the dextoverse

Horrible reaction to DXM? (Allergic Reaction?)

Little backround on my DXM usage:

I first tried DXM my sophomore year when my parents had me on lock down and were drug testing me everyweek. This was almost 3 years ago. I loved it, always had a great trip with my brother and bestfriend at the time. It always brought us much closer together.

I did it a total of at least 10 times my sophomore year and 3 more between then and my senior year. Not once did I ever have a bad expierance.

One night my friends and I were very bored so we decided to get some DXM, since it had been awhile since I had taken it I was pretty excited.

There was 4 of us and we all consumed 300mg of DXM, liquid - My normal dosage.

We went to my girlfriends house which was always the chill spot whenever we were getting high.

After about an hour I had no effects other then being itchy which was normal for me on DXM, but a half an hour later things took a turn for the worse. I started to become very itchy, I mean very very itchy. To the point where I couldn't even notice the high from the DXM. All I could do was lay there and try not to think about the itch but it got to the point where it was unbearable so I got up and looked in the mirror. My entire face was puffy, almost like a rash. I stripped to find this 'rash' was all over my body.

My brother was noticing the same effects, but not my two friends.

This lasted for a few hours and all I could do was lay there and not scratch myself, it was so uncomfortable. Very Very unpleasant.

I stayed away from DXM for a long time after that, until one day my friends had a load of DXM pills.

I started to think that the 'allergic reaction' was due to the type of DXM I had taken, so I had decided to give a go at the pills.

I took 275mg of pills, and to my surprise I broke out in the rash again. My brother on the otherhand had a great time. No rash this time around.

Of all the times I have taken DXM this has never happened, only that past 2 experiences.

Anyone else experience this?
Any thoughts?

I've heard that DXM can cause this occasionally, not sure on what makes it occur one time and not the next though.

May be worth getting some antihistamines - usually sold OTC as allergy or hayfever meds, stuff like cetirizine, loratadine, diphenydramine, etc.

DXM is known to release histamine so i usually take benedryl with my doses. however, i take benedryl so much that i am not really affected by the drowsiness DPH causes anymore.

300mgs is a bit much IMO; if you want true psychedelic-dissociation than utilize other chemicals (i.e. MXE ;) )

im on 90mgs DXM right now and i;m smoking bowl after bowl of potent buds; i feel serene

DXM normally does cause me to be itchy, but until recently I had never recieved a 'rash' from it.

most importantly, i have no cravings to use roxi. that is why i love DXM and other nmda-antagonists.

hey that has happened to me before and this rash you speak of is called hives. It is very unpleasant but not threatening i believe.

Dxm redosing question

So I just started back up using DXM after about a long break and I have a question regarding dosing. Ive been using cvs max strength cough syrup 15mg per 5ml dose and each bottle is 4oz so its 354mg DXM per bottle. First time I tried it I drank a little bit less the one whole bottle seeing as its been hell of a long since i've done it....then 4 hours later I drank the rest of the 1.2 bottles worth. The first initial bottle had me tripping pretty damn good but then when I re-dosed the second bottle I was really "broke through". Ive tried to repeat this method of dosing 3 times and it hasn't worked at all like the first time. So seeing as i have 704 mg of dxm all together what would be my best option for maximizing effects? I was thinking of drinking all 704mg at once but I would surely throw up...so does anyone have any other dose suggestions? And please don't comment if your just going to give your bullshit opinion on how "dirty/bad" dxm is.

i don't know if this is the reason.. but i'm pretty sure its caused by blood pressure rising. i've noticed when i take my amphetamine the day i trip i get this red blotchy skin rash, but when i dont i never get the itch or rash. i'm sticking to my theory.

DXM can cause histamine release.

BDD -> PD

This one has somewhat been answered but I'll leave it open and push it to PD to see if anyone actually knows why DXM releases histamine.

Last edited:
benzo helping dxm comdown?

I was wondering if taking a klonopin maybe .5mg would feel good coming down off dex?

Status
Not open for further replies.