View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DXM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always crush up a few CCCs and put them in my blunts. People who bump shit are lame, making pointless treads is cool.

well im gonna bump this

Myself, I just got off an opiate binge of a few weeks and came down with a HORRIBLE cold / cough. .

I bought the Mucinex DM (60mgs of DXM 1200 gauifesen per tablet) .... It was expensive but today I would chew up one or two at a time--- and then I popped two 20mg adderalls along the way (also a GREAT cold treatment)

Even with my sickness I partied for like nearly two days straight .. im crashing now with klonopin , one more mucinex tablet, and a couple bowls..

Mucinex feels so strange in low doses... but also awesome... Lets see if sleep is possible for me on 120 mgs.

I have been Dex'ing way too much this month...more than I told myself I would. For the past few weeks I was doing it 3 or 4 nights in a row. Using roughly the same amount on an empty stomach each night I still trip & get very significant effects. I did it last Thursday, Friday, Saturday, & Sunday night. Then I just Dex'ed again last night & tripped even harder than I did those previous nights. I'm probably going to do it again tonite because I still have about 12 bottles left.

I love the Dex and the Dex loves me. It teaches me things.

Robo for life, dawg.

*edit*
Just wanted to add that every time I Dex I end up stacking multiple doses throughout the night. Not just one dose. I take a dose...then a few hours later take another dose...then if I still want to trip longer I might take a 3rd dose around 3 or 4 in the morning. I like getting a high amount of DXO in me. When I start to feel like Robo-Jesus then I know I've taken enough for the night.

DXM and its metabolite, dextrorphan (DXO), produce different sets of effects. Normally, DXM is converted mostly or entirely into DXO, but with recreational doses, the conversion enzyme (P450-2D6) may saturate, leaving a mixture of DXM and DXO. Furthermore, another of DXM's metabolites - 3-methoxymorphinan - can also block this enzyme, so that taking divided doses leads to more DXM and less DXO than taking a combined dose of the same amount.

DXM's effects are in some ways much more subtle than DXO's. Whereas DXO produces a heavy "stoning" or intoxicating effect, DXM by itself is only lightly intoxicating. DXM, however, can alter the thought processes, leading to highly abnormal, psychosis-like mental states. It is possible that DXM, via sigma activation, may induce a mental state similar to that of schizophrenia. Whether or not this is fun to you is, of course, up to you.

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/faq/dxm_experience.shtml

I love this state of mind.

Last edited:
anyone have experience with DXM+MAOI? obviously this combo requires dose adjustments but idk I kinda got the idea of OTCuasca lol. i took 120mg dxm and two alteril about 30 min ago to test out the waters. will update later

yeah as it states on the bottle dont combine, im not an idiot I just know enough to do this safely. btw its ~2.5hours since I ate the combo... I dosed up to 300mg DXM now and possibly placebo but may feel the first alerts. I ate a lot of food today....

lmfao i will and im still alive.... suprisingly still hardly off baseline. I think this experiment has been a huge failure, of course with my luck ill go to bed sober and wake up in another dimension :p

OMG. just coming off the first trip where i truly did the trip in a dark environment. i can't describe what has happened going to the third plateau and back, it's practically like the seasons where you come up on spring, peak at summer, fall at fall, at end at winter. One of the most liberating experiences of my life.\

EDIT: sorry i was high as shit when I wrote that. Here's my Trip Report.

Last edited:
you have to try and get you some sativa. Not salvia, sativa. Makes my tripps so intense. Idk what it is but theres a synergy there for real!

And in all actuality a friend of mine swore he was on salvia once he took a couple of hits off tha sativa. Happens every time. Out of this world tripps at the higher platues.

second box. jUST HIT the trash.

Last edited:
I've been taking dxm pretty regularly for 2 years now. Usually just doses of 100-150 mgs, but occasionally i'll jump to a 300-1000 mgs just for a trip. Anywho, i've had nothing no side effects at all. But in all now it's not more of a trip anymore, just slight dissociative through the day.

pondering dxm use

ive already tried dxm once, downed a 4oz bottle and experienced the 2nd plateau, and had a good time just chilling with some friends.
my question is whether i should try taking 2 bottles or just 1 again for my second time.
the only reason im doing this now is cuz all my buddies are out of town because of fall break and im bored out of my mind, and because of this, i wont have a sitter.
so im just wondering if a 3rd plateau trip for a newbies second time without a sitter is very unwise, just recommended against, or fine. also to note, i have no experience with psychedelics.

oh yeah, im 152 lbs, and each bottle has 15 mg of dxm in a teaspoon, no guaif or anything. each bottle is 4oz. ive used various dxm calculators and 2 bottles should send me to the third plateau, and one would get me to the second.

also, random question: any idea what taking hydro and dxm together would do? will probably never attempt to do this, just curious as to what would happen as i do have some.

i find whenever i mix opiates like hydro with like 1 bottle it seems to focus more on the opiate and dulls the trip sort of, not necessarily a bad thing if you just wanna have a chill night.

2 bottles will be a lot more intense than the 1, shouldnt have a problem with no sitter, ive never had one and have always been fine.

Go for both of them. My first time using was a 3rd plateau trip and that was probably the most glowing experience I've had on any drug to date. I recommend: a dark room / a sleep mask and music.

Oh, and be prepared to vomit (possibly), try to avoid doing so on the comeup so you don't waste your DXM and end up getting stuck on one of the lower plateaus.

I say go for it if you want to dissociate, but I would leave any opiates or benzos out of my plateau, that's just me though.

alright took a 4oz about an hour ago, and feeling those effects, and just took another 4. wouldve taken both right at once, but oh well. will see how it goes

^ That actually can work out good for the nausea that can come with that much syrup.

My best advice I can give for a third play is some Aphex Twin if ya dig and the same goes for weed!

yeah im watching koyaanisqatsi which is making me feel pretty sweet. coincidentally, my teacher told me to watch it for a class, so technically i'm doing homework. on a saturday. so productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.