View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DPT Thread (Version 2) - Life and Death are But One

Status
Not open for further replies.
JesusGreen, at this point I don't really think you can get a DMT-breakthrough type experience with DPT. DPT is a wonderful substance, with its own unique experience to offer, but you won't get anything approaching a DMT breakthrough. DMT is a very cosmic, spiritual drug, and its trip is focused on a divine, alien energy. DPT is a much more down-to-earth psychedelic, focused on the familiar, physical here-and-now. (Which could explain why it seems much less threatening.)

I could be totally wrong. Maybe I still haven't pushed DPT far enough for the flying-through-hyperspace type trip. Anyway, those are my feelings at this point.

As with Solipsis, I have to disagree a quite a bit here. DPT feels very alien for me, very bizarre and even absurd. I do get a more cosmic and divine feeling from DMT so I agree with that, but DPT is nowhere near anything familiar or physical here-and-now for me. Not that I totally agree with Solipsis either, DPT is definitely very deep stuff for me but I don't really get a feeling of anything divine from it. Anyway for me it falls in a very unique category and I haven't encountered any psychedelic that resembles it.

Fortunately DPT has it's 4-subs that I love and rank as one of my absolute favourite psychedelics, there's all ingredients in them for a strong, spiritual trip with strong ego-loss at higher doses without the strange personality changes DPT induces in me. It's the only tryptamine I strongly feel has a "dark" and sinister side to it (something often ascribed to mushrooms, though I've never felt it with them). Even grotesque at times.

Then again these subjective differences in experiences could be debated forever, it's just best to agree we disagree regarding DPT. Then again, just based on reading through this thread, it's hard to find a compound that divides opinions and experiences as much.

Last edited:
You do know DPT is a sacrament used in the Temple of the True Inner Light, right?

But no I personally don't like religious institutions. Some cathedrals may be profound, but so are thousands or millions of other possible settings to take DPT that would also be profound. You can use your own rituals, if you incorporate meaning into it then it already works through symbolism. I am not really a believer in these things, but 'magick' seems to involve such methods.

FYI, the absolute best DMT experiences for me have been where I loosely used some ritual to prepare myself. Just as simple as paying attention and respect to certain things and focussing on your mindset first... Making sure there is the right lighting and ways to get comfortable, a lotus position, and meditatively contemplating what I am about to do for like an hour.
I suppose the same can matter quite a lot with DPT and choosing a majestic setting is also an interesting idea for both.

I do have 4-AcO-DPT but it's not high on the priority list and I don't have it directly here but stored elsewhere. Thanks for the tip, I'll keep it in mind.

Have you tried 4-ho/Aco-DPT? In my experience it's similar to DPT with the trembling dissolution properties dialed back and the majestic, sensuous, and innocent feelings pumped up. It's like a different equalizer setting for DPT.

After a bout of experimentation with DPT, yesterday I revisited 4-AcO-DPT, and I have to say that for myself, these two chemicals are different enough that they don't warrant a comparison. Yes, they do share certain unique properties, but overall I would say they're dissimilar enough that one cannot substitute for the other.

In my experience, 4-AcO-DPT is a very electric, stimulating, "racey" psyche., which often is very refreshing and exhilirating, and serves as one of the reasons 4-AcO-DPT is a favorite of mine. However, it can also lead to feelings of flooring a car down the freeway with your hands off the steering wheel.

DPT, on the other hand, personally has none of those properties, and sometimes even has the opposite effect of being sedating and relaxing.

While 4-AcO-DPT has the propensity to be intensely heady and introspective for me (just like all 4-sub trypts), DPT is more inclined to make me sit and bask thoughtlessly in the warm, butter-and-honey vibes of the trip.

However, they do have some things in common. They both have a certain soul-cleansing sunshine to them. Whenever I picture a visual abstraction of either 4-AcO-DPT or DPT, I always see an image of a bright orange beacon of fire, which carries an emotional positivity, but it also has the effect of using heat and vibrations to heal the body in a process of dissolution and reconstitution.

Ive had a gram of this laying arond for over a year now but still havent touched it, i´m wonderingif rectal works?

I don´t really like to snort stuff and ive heard you need almost 100mg to get off?

I think DPT is the worst possible substance I have ever put up my nose, but it is entirely worth it after the 'drip' subsides.

After a bout of experimentation with DPT, yesterday I revisited 4-AcO-DPT, and I have to say that for myself, these two chemicals are different enough that they don't warrant a comparison. Yes, they do share certain unique properties, but overall I would say they're dissimilar enough that one cannot substitute for the other.
Different people have different reactions I guess. For me 4-AcO/ho-DPT is closer to DPT than any other psychedelic I've tried, though I agree with you that one cannot substitute for the other. DPT is a much heavier hitter when it comes to ego dissolution. The qualities that they do share are for me qualities found in no other psychedelic I've used. Certainly 4-AcO/ho-DPT is less psilocin-like than any other 4-sub-tryptamine I've used.

yes i actually went about finding that page, i had seen it a while ago, without realising you had linked it ..
anyway yes the picture that's painted in the description of that fellow's experience just doesn't sound like such a wonderful scenario ? " drones on an old boom box with scripture dubbed over it "
i was thinking more grand intricate design and high ceilings, more to do with general shape and form, then symbolism. i love gothic churches ! although i still havent taken DPT, so i am still really quite naive to the realistic potential

@NKB yes i am aware of " everywhere is holy in it's own way " !

So, I discovered a pretty badass way of loading a copper mesh plug with DPT freebase. We all know that vaporizing freebase tryptamines on chore boy in a device like The Machine is the best way to go!

Credit goes to MattPsy for inspiring this idea. I had described this in another thread, before I ever tested it out, but now that it's proven successful, I'll repeat the technique.

Assume, after freebasing DPT, you obtain a concentrated solution of DPT in naphtha. Take a dry (empty) copper mesh plug. Place mesh on a paper towel. Pipette clean naphtha onto mesh, one drop at a time, checking the paper towel underneath the mesh after each drop. When the mesh fails to hold the liquid, and the naphtha wets the towel, take note of how much naphtha the mesh held. My small mesh plug held four drops. Allow plug to dry.

Now, add DPT-saturated nonpolar solution to copper mesh, four drops at a time, or however much liquid your plug can hold. Fan-dry mesh between applications. Because you are drying a very tiny amount of very volatile solvent, you shouldn't have to wait more than about a minute before you can re-apply the solution. If the plug ever starts becoming too saturated with DPT, it will start to bleed a little bit of liquid, at which point you want to stop loading it, or else you'll lose quite a bit of DPT.

Stick it in your Machine, bowl, or ideally, your Glass VaporGenie -- voila.

By the way, I'm sure this would work with any other smokable tryptamine. I'm going to try it on DiPT soon enough.

Man, I'm really starting to respect DPT.

Lately, every single time I smoke it, I end up getting swept up in an astoundingly awesome process of analytical thinking, in which I am able to profoundly develop my own intellectual framework of the world.

This time, I was thinking about the nature of role-playing games, like the Elder Scrolls series, and how they attract so many people. I believe I made quite a bit of progress in understanding the exact nature of the dynamic between role-playing games and human psychology. I would describe it in more detail, but at some point I want to actually apply it, and develop a new role playing game on the basis of my theory, and of course sell it for money, so I'll keep my intellectual property thankyou. :p

4-substituted tryptamines can be equally heady at times, but there is a key difference, in DPT's favor: on 4-substituted tryptamines, thought is provoked by a nagging pain which won't go away unless I keep thinking about things; whereas, on DPT, thought is inspired simply by the sheer joy of gaining insight.

i like to think of real life in terms of as if it were a role playing game =p

i usually think about massively multiplayer online RPGs though :)

I'm not asking for any sources, but do you guys consider this drug to be relatively rare, or confined only to some small circles? I'm experienced with a lot of different psyches but I've never stumbled across this one or even met anyone IRL that has used it.

Well I mean, it's a somewhat obscure research chemical so you're not going to have much luck finding it in street circles. Best bet is to scour the web, most suppliers are European and the prices are pretty outrageous.

DPT is relatively rare. DPT is fairly expensive per dose, especially compared to many other psychedelics that are pennies a dose. imo this is the main factor that causes vendors to not stock it too often.

it truly is a gem though, loved DPT when i had it.

I randomly found a vendor who had it, so there are people in the states with it, just gotta wait til it finds you. It is hardcore though, I have a half gram I haven't touched for months. The first time I did it I combined it with 25i-NBOMe and had a VERY intense experience, visions of the future & mankind's downfall & shit

I had to restrain myself from dosing some DPT last night around 4am... 8o

Was on a mxe reading shizz on bluelight. All I remember was reading "DPT jaw tremors" and instantly remembered how pleasureable this chemical is. It took everything in my power to not plug 25-40mg. If I didn't have so little left, and so many other chems to sample, I would have said fuck it though.

So nice, now it's stuck in my head. Soon, very soon :).

Anyone tried smoked DPT when on mushrooms?

funny. I come to post, and I'm the last post :)

I think I will be combining ~30-40mg mxe with ~30-40mg dpt via RA in the next fifteen minutes or soo. Took ~90mg mxe spread in 3 doses earlier tonight at an outdoor concert/fireworks display.

Started thinking on some things that I would like to finish thinking on, and DPT seems like it will do the job. So sensual... so stoked... mmmm :)

Status
Not open for further replies.