View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DPT Thread (Version 2) - Life and Death are But One

Status
Not open for further replies.
The addition of DPT to an otherwise colourfur and amusing trip on 4-HO-MiPT (however lacking in depth and 4-HO-MiPT feeling somewhat generic) resulted in me turning into an old lady.

DPT totally erased all visuals from the miprocin and turned everything to extremely boring - mimicing how it would be living as a 86 old grandmother. It fucks around with my voice so that it (to me) sounds exactly like a very old senior.

I'm an old lady now and nothing changes it.

I have wonders why I even take this stuff.

The addition of DPT to an otherwise colourfur and amusing trip on 4-HO-MiPT (however lacking in depth and 4-HO-MiPT feeling somewhat generic) resulted in me turning into an old lady.

DPT totally erased all visuals from the miprocin and turned everything to extremely boring - mimicing how it would be living as a 86 old grandmother. It fucks around with my voice so that it (to me) sounds exactly like a very old senior.

I'm an old lady now and nothing changes it.

I have wonders why I even take this stuff.

:D This is perhaps the most amusing post I've seen on BlueLight in quite some time, my friend. I'm sorry for poking fun. *snickers*

In all seriousness, psychedelic drugs have made me feel like an old man. Just in the way that they allow me to take pleasure in the simple things, birds and bees and trees, slow leisurely walks, etc. The first time I took 4-HO-MiPT, I spent the day slowly shuffling about, marveling at the little wonders of everyday existence, pondering timeless philosophical questions, coming to terms with my own death. I recall thinking to myself that I probably wouldn't have spent the day much differently had I been 82. :D

:D This is perhaps the most amusing post I've seen on BlueLight in quite some time, my friend. I'm sorry for poking fun. *snickers*

In all seriousness, psychedelic drugs have made me feel like an old man. Just in the way that they allow me to take pleasure in the simple things, birds and bees and trees, slow leisurely walks, etc. The first time I took 4-HO-MiPT, I spent the day slowly shuffling about, marveling at the little wonders of everyday existence, pondering timeless philosophical questions, coming to terms with my own death. I recall thinking to myself that I probably wouldn't have spent the day much differently had I been 82. :D
I feel similarly. I remember years ago after my first few trips just watching nature exist and feeling a very strong euphoria inside of myself. Amazing that such pleasure can be felt simply by sitting and watching the world be. I am always struck by the simplistic wonder of things on psychedelics and I mean literally struck. Its almost always usually an item thats involved in the everyday that you notice yet overlook and its just like a giant realization that it exists with us everyday, and in that is an integral part of life but when you look at it, its simply two gears spinning or something outlandishly simple yet it drives our days and makes our nights. Love that sort of thing. I'll often find myself just staring at whatever the item is truly marveling at it.

Sucks that your experience wasn't nice Cyn, I find DPT to be one of the most useful......

THIS, however, is where my fucking mind just cannot begin to grasp what in THE HELL it has experienced. Say it was too much terminator as a kid, but I had a vision of the world being drawn to it's knees by technology. I saw humanity in desperation as the systems we relied upon failed/turned on us and so much pain and suffering and people just wanting to be with the ones they loved..im having a hard time typing this if nothing else because of the audacity of 'having a vision' in the first place and just because I myself can barely come to terms with it. I have to stop myself from crying even now!! Tears literally are in my eyes from thinking of it! Ahh.

I have never felt my heart pound so hard in my life as when i was having this vision (coming from someone who's outran police). It was almost as if Mother Earth was screaming out for anyone who would pay attention, to look at what we are doing!

I think I need more time to process all of this. It feels better to have been able to share it at least a bit though.

I experienced this one time on 3 grams of psilocybin mushrooms after seeing the DJ "pretty lights" live. It was an amazing concert and spectacle although I was pretty exhausted from candyflipping at a concert the night before and not getting much sleep. I also inhaled a lot of cigarette smoke because a lot of people were smoking inside the venue.
When I was outside like an hour later I just started to cry. I thought I couldn't breathe because so many people were smoking cigarettes and being in a city was just toxic to my health. I saw all the people leaving the concert and thought about how even though that was an amazing visual and audio experience at a huge venue of people dancing with glowsticks and it was fucking awesome, other people in the world were suffering. I could feel the cries of all the slaves and the orphans and the starving. I thought that humanity is clearly going to end itself by a war over oil so were just killing ourselves and the world at the same time and I could totally just feel the earth's cry too. I cried really really hard and couldn't tell anyone why. I woke up the next day and was pretty fine but I realized I shouldn't ever do shrooms the day after doing MDMA.

im having a hard time typing this if nothing else because of the audacity of 'having a vision' in the first place and just because I myself can barely come to terms with it. I have to stop myself from crying even now!! Tears literally are in my eyes from thinking of it! Ahh.
"Visions" are wide ranging things. They seem to unfold as distinctly immersing, comprehending, purposeful, and inspiring waking dreams, but the character and apparent meaning of each is unique, and one's impression of where they originate – from within or without – also seems to vary. It's funny how dismissive of their existence you must've been judging from your apparent embarrassment at having had one – I mean, insofar as getting smacked in the face by the ecstatic side of life like that must have been a scary, humbling, invigorating, and confusing thing to experience. Visions aren’t “audacious” because they aren’t willed, at least not consciously. I guess skepticism or animosity is only to be expected, though personally I've never really doubted others' subjective experience of them, just their interpretations and reactions.

I think I’m genetically prone to them or something, having had a few sober experiences of them and plenty of drug-induced ones. If I had been born in the ancient world I imagine I'd have been one of the innumerable randoms back then professing to be a "prophet” – but, you know, history, formal philosophy, and science happened, so not so much now. Don’t worry. Visions aren’t the exclusive repertoire of the insane or blessed. I think visions that clearly have more substance than random hallucinations -- as entirely incoherent but extremely vivid things like oxygen deprivation hallucinations also share some qualities of, and are often termed, "visions" -- are sometimes just what eventually happens to anyone who searches their thoughts for long enough (and psychedelics obviously lower the threshold). My recommendation, if you’re looking for one, is not to think too hard about what happened or put too much stock into how you should react to it – that approach creates fanatics. Rather, mine the experience for insights as it fades into memory and, for this first experience at least, just let it enliven your sense of possibility. Give it its due respect, but know that it is a wild thing that may not translate as smoothly to domestic life as you might first imagine it is meant to.

Last edited:
Yeah, I mean I think subbreakthrough DMT is pretty "easy and grounded" but I doubt most would call breakthrough DPT that.

I was thinking about this today, and realized why psychedelics like DPT can be simultaneously described as both "easy and grounded" and earth-shatteringly intense.

This is a paradox that I've also noticed in DPT's 4-substituted counterpart, 4-AcO-DPT. Among all the 4-subbed trypts I've sampled -- 4-AcO-DMT, 4-HO-MiPT, and 4-AcO-DPT -- the latter is simultaneously the most lightheartedly recreational, and ego-shatteringly intense, depending on dosage.*

How is this? I'll explain.

Chemicals that are free of negative physical or psychological side effects, and thus offer a "purer" high, are perceived as easy and recreational at lower dosages. This is because lower dosages offer a lightweight psychedelic effect which can be enjoyed on a recreational level, due to the lack of a distracting body-load or any other such negative side effect.

But, on the other side of the same coin, the lack of negative side effects means that the drug can also be pushed to a greater extreme of psychedelic intensity, because it takes a much higher dosage for the side effects to become distracting, painful, or dangerous.

Basically, a higher signal / noise ratio means that lightweight dosages are more fun, and maximum dosages are more far-out and paradigm-shattering.

*NOTE: I'm not implying that 4-AcO-DPT is inherently superior due to this quality. If your goal is either recreation, or high-powered ego-dissolution, 4-AcO-DPT is a better tool for the job than 4-AcO-DMT. However, I still regard 4-AcO-DMT as the superior 4-substituted tryptamine, simply for its therapeutic value.

Last edited:
I recently tried a couple different routes of administration witha small amount of DPT I had aquired. (which was light pink by the way. Not nearly as dark as the "sands of mars" red shit posted a page back)

Tried vaporizing the HCL starting with about 10mg. Immediatly exhaled and got nothing from it. Was not prepared for how harsh it was. Tried again a few times, but couldn't hold it long enough.

Tried a quick in pipe freebase conversion a few times, only up to maybe 15mg or so at most. Started to feel "something", but didn't get much out of it this way either.

One day, I was about to try a freebase conversion with ~40-50mg DPT, and said fuck it and mixed it in a solution and administered rectally with equal amounts (perhaps 10mg less) MXE.

WOOOOOOOO BOY that was nice :)

I just remember laying on my floor wanting to get up and turn on music for like an hour, but feeling tooooo good to move. I've read people say DPT is erotic, well I definatly agree. It's hard to describe/can't remember exactly, but I was overcome with a completely sensual feeling. I recall rolling around on the ground, smiling like crazy, just feeling so gooooooooooood. I recall having a few personal revelations and general thought patterns of that nature.

The peak was short though, about an hour or so, then it dropped off. I re-dosed with roughly the same mix MXE/DPT and experienced the same results. Tremors were definatly present, but felt pleasureable.

I'm sad to say I don't really recall much else specifically about that night though. I'm just left with an impression of an erotic/sensual time with a hint of danger lurking underneath. I had a feeling that if my mind was not in the right place, or I took an excessive amount of DPT, it could be a reallllly nasty time.

Just received another small amount recently, looking forward to giving it another shot. Should try it by itself, but lately I can't help mixing MXE with just about any chemical I ingest. Seems to make every experience more comfortable and less intimidating...

Last edited:
One day, I was about to try a freebase conversion with ~40-50mg DPT, and said fuck it and mixed it in a solution and administered rectally with equal amounts (perhaps 10mg less) MXE.

WOOOOOOOO BOY that was nice :)

Wow! Such a cool coincidence. I was literally planning on combining MXE and DPT for the first time tomorrow morning. I had an intuition that this combo had potential, and now you've validated my intuition. :)

Except, I'm going to do it with sublingual MXE, and vaporized DPT freebase at the peak. (You should try vaping the FB, BTW -- much superior to vaporized HCl.)

Also, your post proves that DPT is indeed rectally active. I was somehow under the impression that it was not, due to MAO in the rectum. :?

Wow! Such a cool coincidence. I was literally planning on combining MXE and DPT for the first time tomorrow morning. I had an intuition that this combo had potential, and now you've validated my intuition. :)

Except, I'm going to do it with sublingual MXE, and vaporized DPT freebase at the peak. (You should try vaping the FB, BTW -- much superior to vaporized HCl.)

Also, your post proves that DPT is indeed rectally active. I was somehow under the impression that it was not, due to MAO in the rectum. :?

Well, I have tried vapeing the freebase a time or two. Although I did get minimal results, it felt sort of weird to me. I got a lot more of the dark undertone then, but it could have been my state of mind as well. I suppose I might give it a go again sometime in the future. I feel more comfortable with the rectal ROA for some reason though. I know they are both fast onsets, but the smoking can be a lot quicker I would think. Especially if looking to achieve the synergy combining with another substance, I would think RA superior.

As IamME said, active for sure. This was not a placebo effect. %)

Good luck though, let us know how it goes!

Good luck though, let us know how it goes! [sublingual MXE + vaporized freebase DPT]

It was a lovely experience. :) It went completely differently than I had expected it to, however. I sat down with the loaded pipe, expecting to be lifted from consensus reality and blasted into some form of hyperspace, following its own completely alien rules.

However, it was almost the antithesis of that expectation. It was as though, as I continued to take hits of DPT, a sort of gravity was building, which had its center inside of me. Everything in my physical body, and conscious mind, was being pulled into place by this force of gravity. As if, I were previously disassembled, into a litter of little pieces floating aimlessly around the room, and DPT finally "glued me back together" by sucking all of these little me-pieces together, forming my body, sitting on my bed, pipe in one hand, lighter in the other.

Like a reverse-DMT-breakthrough. At the peak of the experience, I felt almost super-sober.

The way I interpret this trip, the MXE / DPT combination itself wasn't piecing me together. It was trying to rip me apart, destroy me. The "gravity", or "super-sobriety" that I experienced, was my own defense against the drugs. In the process of being subjected to such a disruption of my ordinary brain chemistry, I was compelled to find a way to strengthen myself, to defend myself against the torrential forces of the chemical influx. And so, in developing this shield against the drugs, I created an inner strength that outlasted the chemical attack itself. Imagine a city, in preparation for a time of war, building momentous and impenetrable walls around its fragile interior. When the war is over, the walls still remain. These walls are analogous to the "gravity" that I seemed to develop during this MXE & DPT experiment, leaving me feeling more sober than sober when the drugs started to wear off.

Is there anyone here who finds DMT to be a very anxious experience - resulting in difficulty breaking through and bad experiences etc - but doesn't find this to be the case with DPT?

I've heard of a few people saying DPT is easier going on the psyche than DMT, so I wondered if that might be the case, as I've had little luck with DMT so far and most of my experiences are scary and full of intense anxiety - but the experience itself, particularly breakthrough intrigues me, and so I might be looking to similar experiences in other drugs that might not provoke such a rough ride. That is - until I can get my hands on some Moclobemide and try oral DMT :)

Is there anyone here who finds DMT to be a very anxious experience - resulting in difficulty breaking through and bad experiences etc - but doesn't find this to be the case with DPT?

I've heard of a few people saying DPT is easier going on the psyche than DMT, so I wondered if that might be the case, as I've had little luck with DMT so far and most of my experiences are scary and full of intense anxiety - but the experience itself, particularly breakthrough intrigues me, and so I might be looking to similar experiences in other drugs that might not provoke such a rough ride. That is - until I can get my hands on some Moclobemide and try oral DMT :)

I don't find DMT to be that hard on the psyche (5-MeO-DMT is another story), and regarding DPT being easy on the psyche - that's highly individual. I belong to those who feel it's one of the hardest psychedelics on the mind (it's hard on my body too, which rejects it and I usually throw up on it), hard to control or manage, but there are people here who have complete opposite experiences. Not that I've had any especially anxious experiences with DPT, but it doesn't seem to like me, even though I've tried to make it my friend so to speak. DPT always produces some very weird and annoying effects I don't like; this doesn't seem to happen with DMT which "fits" my mind much better.

I'd really like to turn my DPT into freebase and smoke it, but with my skills I'm afraid I just waste it in the process.

Last edited:
I've had little luck with DMT so far and most of my experiences are scary and full of intense anxiety - but the experience itself, particularly breakthrough intrigues me, and so I might be looking to similar experiences in other drugs that might not provoke such a rough ride. That is - until I can get my hands on some Moclobemide and try oral DMT :)

If you have anxiety breaking through on vaporized DMT, I would strongly caution against trying to achieve a similar experience on oral DMT, at least until you've had a lot of experience and are quite comfortable with low-to-mid dose oral DMT. When a vaped trip goes south, you're only in the state of intense panic for maybe 10 minutes. On ayahuasca / pharmahuasca, you're there for *hours*. Believe me, I've been there, it is really not something I want to repeat.

I haven't been able to achieve "breakthrough" level intensity with DPT yet -- it seems to require vaporizing a significantly higher dose than DMT does to reach that level. If I do manage to break through, I'll let you know how it compares to DMT. I often get anxiety on DMT, too.

I've only managed to break through once with DMT because the experience is so anxiety-ridden that it's just hard for me to get myself to smoke enough to break through. DMT just doesn't agree with me. I am going to try oral DMT though, despite warnings otherwise; the experience fascinates me.

=D

Wow. That was really, really nice.

This time I took six or seven sizable hits, in a row. At first, I just felt a nondescript rush of intoxication. Then, my vision went blurry, and my thoughts seemed to be relaxed and washed away, and I just started quivering, shaking. Not in an anxious way -- in a cold-trying-to-get-warm way. I sat there shivering for a good five minutes or so, and as the shivering continued, a powerful warm glow spread throughout my entire body. It was as if the intense shivering were giving me a thorough, full-body massage, and any tension that may have existed anywhere in my body was eased.

Afterward, I felt sedated and highly euphoric, exactly like I imagine drugs like heroin to feel. Like the feeling of sitting in front of ruby red, glowing coals, on a cold wintery night, after a hearty meal. In fact, I felt so good, that I almost didn't notice the transition into orgasm. :D

JesusGreen, at this point I don't really think you can get a DMT-breakthrough type experience with DPT. DPT is a wonderful substance, with its own unique experience to offer, but you won't get anything approaching a DMT breakthrough. DMT is a very cosmic, spiritual drug, and its trip is focused on a divine, alien energy. DPT is a much more down-to-earth psychedelic, focused on the familiar, physical here-and-now. (Which could explain why it seems much less threatening.)

I could be totally wrong. Maybe I still haven't pushed DPT far enough for the flying-through-hyperspace type trip. Anyway, those are my feelings at this point.

EDIT: You know, something just occurred to me. DPT shares a certain quality with LSD that I haven't seen in any other psychedelic. They are the only two serotonergics I have tried which actually have a positive push to them. Positive emotions in a trip on any other substance are not really guaranteed, and usually result from gaining insight, or enhanced music appreciation, or some such effect. But on DPT and LSD, there is an intrinsic positivity in the trip itself, seemingly due to some sort of medicinal, healing effect on the body.

Last edited:
I have definitely heard reports from friends and acquaintances who have achieved "breakthrough" states from just insufflated DPT. One friend told me that he experienced a total time stop - everything around him was totally frozen in time. Sounds incredible to me.

^ I'm not saying that there's no such thing as a DPT breakthrough, or that DMT is more powerful than DPT -- I'm just saying, they're two completely different and unique trips. One is not a substitute for the other.

But yeah, I'll admit I still haven't seen the most extreme end of the DPT spectrum yet.

I don't fully agree that DPT is so down-to-earth. It gives me a feeling that the divine and holy is present all around me, pervading the air, hanging around with a profound overwhelming pressure-like sensation. And I am not even a man that speaks of holy and divine things, all I know is that it felt exactly and only as the presumed meaning of those words, even if it was doing nothing more than tickling my temporal lobe.

That wasn't even at a serious dose though. I don't intend to take it higher, it just shakes me up too much. Shame those effects have to come together.

That wasn't even at a serios dose though. I don't intend to take it higher, it just shakes me up too much. Shame those effects have to come together.
Have you tried 4-ho/Aco-DPT? In my experience it's similar to DPT with the trembling dissolution properties dialed back and the majestic, sensuous, and innocent feelings pumped up. It's like a different equalizer setting for DPT. You may have to take quite a bit to hit those same peaks with 4-ho, though (like 50+ mg rectal) -- maybe even quite a bit more. I've still not tried the "boil the fuck out of it in a test tube" advice I was given in Advanced Drug Discussion for getting 4-ho into solution for IMing. IMing is very much the way to go with DPT and, if it's possible, I think, 4-AcO/ho-DPT. For whatever reason the IM ROA brings out qualities in DPT that it doesn't for other drugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.