• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy DOPr Thread

Wow kinda surprising to hear DOC described as friendly and warm compared to 2ce although I can agree that 2ce is not those things haha. I guess I’ve just always thought of DOx as more hardcore than 2cx, but obviously it’s not that simple. I chose 2ce as my first RC because of its reputation for deep psychedelia. With my limited experience with different chemicals, I always thought 2ce was kinda similar to lsd. But having since tried a couple tryptamines and attempting to write trip reports, I can see how each have their similarities and differences, and how each one is truly unique which is what’s so amazing about this field.

Like how the extra carbon on DOx does so much more than just increase duration, enough to make it so that it’s a unique experience with no substitute. “On paper” you might think that 2C-C should be the version of DOC with a shorter duration. But honestly 2cc and 2ci never sounded interesting enough for me to pursue. I’d try them for novelty and comparisons sake, but not motivated to acquire a stash.

And, Shulgin again...why not 4-OH- instead of 4-HO?
I thought hydroxy is always written as OH

Back to the topic at hand, DOP ;) sounds quite interesting. Could see it being an introduction to the DOx family, at least if I was the previous decade’s porkstock!
No novel psychedelics for me since 2013 when i first tried 4-OH-MiPT

How about calling it 4-OH-MeiPrT? :p

Last edited:
DOC is very good-natured and comfortable. it's powerful, but not really an ego loss, cosmic, take you out of your comfort zone sort of trip. More like with mescaline where you feel very at home and in tune with your body. It makes me feel capable and sociable. Pretty much uniformly good mood. Can have some very strong visuals, too, but not like 2C-E. When I trip with a friend, we basically talk non-stop the whole time, very engaging conversation. I think about worldly things, myself and my personality, the state of humanity, nature, etc.

Like how the extra carbon on DOx does so much more than just increase duration, enough to make it so that it’s a unique experience with no substitute. “On paper” you might think that 2C-C should be the version of DOC with a shorter duration. But honestly 2cc and 2ci never sounded interesting enough for me to pursue. I’d try them for novelty and comparisons sake, but not motivated to acquire a stash.

Yeah it certainly turns them into something unique. DOC and 2C-C bear some real similarities, but DOC is quite different too. And I prefer it. But I have to say, 2C-C is one of my favorites, too. It's an underrated gem. Like DOC, I find it very introspective and good natured. I like it more than 2C-B, it is quite similar but a bit milder and more intellectual, and less visual (but still fairly visual). 2C-I is interesting too, very unique among the 2C-Xs, but not as good as 2C-C. it's less clear and deep than the other 2C-Xs, more like eye candy plus a very sort of wacky/zany state of mind (not really so much with the useful insights).

I’ve only had 2ce and 2cb as far as phens/2cx. If I were to try a new one, I’d be more interested in 2cd over -i or -c. Doesn’t seem to come with much of a price break even though it requires a larger dose. Pedaltopedal was a BL member that helped me out with a lot of questions when I wasn’t a newb. His favorite was 2cd, the psychedelic “tofu.” Have you tried that one Xorkoth?

Yeah, 2C-D is nice, I haven't explored it fully yet. It's light but quality.

I’d give the DOx class one last try if I came across this one. DOC and DOI both kinda sucked for me , so don’t know if this would be different

If DOC sucked, you might just not be into DOXs. What sucked about it for you? DOC can have a strong bodyload, especially if taken inside without spending the first part of it doing something physical like hiking or something. DOPr has less bodyload than DOC and is less stimulating, in my experience. So you might prefer it.

I didn't care for DOI, either. But DOC is one of the very best drugs in existence, IMO.

For me both DOC and DOI were very subtle and mostly just peripheral stimulation. Could have been the dose, 2-3mg
For each (been a looooong time)

then again 2CE was super subtle for me, whereas 2c-I and B (And 2cbfly) are very active in my bioassay chalice

Interesting, sounds like we might react quite differently, 2C-E for me is incredibly intense. Of course 2C-I and 2C-B are also intense for me. 2C-B-fly is more subtle for me though.

Do you find that hiking or moving around to be the best way to curb bodyload from other psychedelics as well, 2ce for example?
I’ve heard others suggest that you lay down relatively still for the 2ce comeup, but I’ve wondered if that just makes me more focused on it

Definitely with the DOXs and some others. Maybe not 2C-E so much, 2C-E is so disorienting for me at the beginning, laying down is probably better.

I remember I had a 2C-E trip where I was feeling pretty anxious and uncomfortable during the comeup, so I hopped on my bike and went for a ride to release that psychic energy, and it worked like a charm. I've also noticed that when I am moving around during the ETH-LAD come up I get less of a bodyload, which otherwise consists of nausea and a weird sedated feeling.

Yep, uncomfortable come-ups and bodyloads can usually be dissipated by physical exertion/movement.

Curious why everyone writes DOPr with a lowercase r, when Shulgin capitalized it. Very minor detail, but is there some significance to it?

Having never tried a DOx, I am curious about the overall, general differences between DOx and 2C-x. I thought the amphetamine derivatives would be more stimulating and they are obviously longer lasting. But neverwing mentioned above how 2cp is more stimulating than DOPR.

The “amphetamine” part of the name has always been a bit off putting to me even though I know that doesn’t make sense. I’m a fan of psychedelics but that’s about it for drugs.

Are DOx considered strictly psychedelics? From the descriptions I’ve read they certainly seem so, but I’m wondering does it feel like a mix of a psychedelic and a stimulant? I guess that could be said for certain 2cx or 4 sub tryouts too - the combo of psych and stim. Sorry this is not the right thread for my questions.
Yeah, what Nervewing and Xorkoth said. Shulgin's nomenclature is ultimately pretty arbitrary, and he talks about that in PIHKAL at length. It's not a formal system, but it's a better than the completely arbitrary numbers and the less unwieldy than going full IUPAC.

I don't have enough experience with the class to say for sure, but I will say that DOM and DOC both share a quality of stimulation that is unlike that of other non-amphetamine psychedelics. I am not aware of any pharmacological basis for this (Nervewing's info is on point,) so I'm inclined to attribute it to placebo on my part. Let me just say that I generally hate stimution when on psychedelics. I tend to experience it as anxiety, something I'm not otherwise prone to in daily life. I also do enjoy stimulants, but don't use them recreationally with the exception of methylxanthines like caffeine. The stimulation I get from drugs like 5-MeO-MET or 2C-B feels uncomfortable to me, gritty and forced and enervating. The stimulation I get from DOM and DOC is *nothing* like that. Instead, I feel secure and content, strong, and stable. It's like an exceedingly grounded dexedrine, where I actually feel calm. Maybe I just have undiagnosed ADHD, who knows? ;-) But yeah, I actually feel much calmer and less scattered and tweaky with DOM and DOC than I do on many tryptamine, lysergamide, and phenethylamine psychedelics.

On the other hand, that could also because DOM is a bit on the empty/neutral side of things in my experience, and chlorine substitutions (at least in 2C-C) seem to be sedating for people. DOPr sounds rather dissociative, so that may contribute. Early reports of DOB were that it was a very gritty stimulating psychedelic, but the duration there could also be a factor. I really wish I knew.

As for whether or not the DOx are psychedelics, I'm on the fence. Some (DOPr, DOM, DOI, DOC, DOB) most definitely are true, dyed-in-the-wool psychedelics entire. Some of the others (looking at you, DOF...DOET...) are psychedelics, sure, but not necessarily in a sense that would be recognized by everyone. DOiP seems to be psychedelic, but mostly stimulating, I think? And then there are the 3C-x, which are a whole mess of what sounds like might be as many as three different phases of activity.

And as for the DOx being more hardcore than the 2C-x class, I wouldn't say that at all. I used to think the same thing. Yes, they usually last longer and are harder to abort with benzos, but that's about all that makes is more challenging about them as a rule imo. 2C-E is nuts, and while I've heard that DOM can be that way, 2C-E as a rule is a mind melter. 2C-P sounds every bit as full value as DOPr and used to reguarly be compared to 2C-E in intensity. Based on 4-5 trips so far, I find DOM and DOC to be no more or less intimidating for me than the 2C-x drugs, which to be honest I never expected. If anything, I've found them to be more grounded and of this world, more mentally clear and less dementing.
For me both DOC and DOI were very subtle and mostly just peripheral stimulation. Could have been the dose, 2-3mg
For each (been a looooong time)

then again 2CE was super subtle for me, whereas 2c-I and B (And 2cbfly) are very active in my bioassay chalice
Whoah. Yeah, if that's the case, then I think it will be hard to predict how you will react. I know of a sizeable handful of people who find 2C-E to be nothing but eye candy, but they're definitely a tiny minority. 2C-I and 2C-B-FLY are often described as being lightweight. YMMV, but 2-3mg of DOC should be plenty. DOI...well, I'm not interested in exploring that one, I don't think. You never know, but it doesn't sound like anything I would want to take except as a microdose for inflammation.

Do you find that hiking or moving around to be the best way to curb bodyload from other psychedelics as well, 2ce for example?
I’ve heard others suggest that you lay down relatively still for the 2ce comeup, but I’ve wondered if that just makes me more focused on it
Yes, I wanted to mention that. With both DOM and DOC, I do find that the first two hours may give me some excess somatic energy that I need to release through hiking or that sort of thing, otherwise it can be uncomfortable. After that, though, I can pretty much lay on the couch for the rest of it if I feel like it, or dance the night away.

The 2-3 times I have had DOI I have had a fantastic time. The bad press is totally undeserved. I hope this is fixed in future as more people discovers that gem.

Give iodine a chance

Theta:

DOPR is written DOPR and not DOP because DOET is written DOET and not DOE. From the PiHKAL page on DOET:

The original code for this compound was DOE, which was completely logical based on DOM being the methyl member of this series (DO for the removal of the oxygen, desoxy, and M for putting a methyl in its place). And the putting of the ethyl thence should be DOE. This was fine until it was pointed out to me by a close colleague that DOE was a classic abbreviation for desoxyephedrine, a synonym for methamphetamine. The pressure to add the RTS of the RETS of the ethyl was heightened by looking ahead to other members of the series. DOA became DOAM, DOE became DOET, but DOM was already too firmly set in popular usage. And, anyway, DOME really looked strange.

The real question is, why does everyone write DOPr instead of DOPR but also DOET instead of DOEt? I've never seen someone write both with the last letter lowercase at the same time even in the same sentence and it drives me completely insane (or maybe that's caused by something else). Personally, I like all uppercase because DOx chemical names look weird to me without uppercase bookends.

DOx psychedelics are awesome. There isn't one (including any spoken of less highly here) that I haven't heard incredible things about from at least someone. Even DOF is a great psychedelic for me. I'm very glad I finally tried them (years ago now) even though I don't use them that often.

Yes, but also just not expecting there to be any. It may sound too simple even though it's not as simple as it sounds, but eventually I realized that if I go into a trip saying "There's not going to be any body load." then there usually isn't. Just putting it out there.

I'm going to have a couple days alone in a good environment to take long-lasting and more stimulating psychedelics soon so I'm considering finally trying DOPR for the first time. I took 2C-P for the first time around this time last year at 10 mg and I'm thinking about starting with around 5 mg with this, but I'm not totally sold on that dosage yet. The 2C-P trip was pretty heavy and not exactly fun but it did make me pretty interested for this one, even more so than I already was.

What do you guys think about the onset time? I know it takes many hours to really peak but how long is it before you really start feeling anything at all?

I'm excited that you're going to be trying this! I found it to be an incredible trip. My friend took 5mg, while I took 6.6mg. We both tripped very hard and had an amazing time. I think your 5mg plan is a good one. I actually found it quite euphoric, we both did, and it felt very good physically. As far as the onset time, it does take some hours to get into full swing. if I recall, about an hour and a half in, I started to get visuals. hard to say exactly when the peak happened, since it's so long and gradual, but I was peaking by 6 to 8 hours in and that peak lasted for some hours after that. It lasts about twice as long as DOC, all things considered. Maybe a little less but not much. It's less energetic than DOC and more hypnotic.

That's not too bad then, sounds pretty normal for a psychedelic amphetamine with the initial onset time. I'm thinking I probably won't have the house actually to myself until probably around noon on the first day and I usually try to start tripping as early as possible with that already being later than usual so I wasn't really sure how I wanted to time the dosing if it was going to take forever to even do anything at all, but I'll probably just treat it like most psychedelic amphetamines then. That's good about the 5 mg dosage too, I'll probably stick to that then.

I'm looking forward to it. I'm a little nervous considering what I've been through this year, but I've actually already taken 50 mg of TMA-2 months ago much sooner after my psychotic episode and it was a pretty standard and good trip, so I'm optimistic currently. I was gravitating towards a phenethylamine because of that too since they seem less likely to leave me in a heightened state in the weeks following the trips than tryptamines are, but also just because I could really go for a powerful phenethylamine experience right now I think. I've always expected DOPR to be amazing too based on what little we ever had written about it before and the reports over the past many years have only strengthened that feeling.