• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy DOC Thread - Third opinion

I can't imagine doing it days in a row. I'll probably keep 2 weeks in between each DOC trip minimum. Probably a lot more.

Good idea. That's what I do now. I probably do DOC 4-5 times a year, it fucks with my sleep schedule too much. Ahh, the invincibility of your early to mid twenties... those days are in the past. Probably a good thing for my health.

How old are you? If I may ask? I'm thirty at the moment. My first psychedelic experience was with mushrooms at sixteen.

Ramp, I think Xork is in his early 30s as well. I'm 32 and I can absolutely say there are certain rides I just can't buy the ticket for anymore... like a multi-day DOC binge ?

31 and ditto to the difficulty finding appropriate time. I think my last trip on this was WELL over a year ago. And come to think about it, was fantastic. I often exude rude (not purposely, but I tend to put my worst fit forward most times), and one of my wife's friends changed, or amended, her opinion changed after I spent the entire afternoon playing with her adopted foster son. It started as a rough trip, but I settled into it, aaaaaaaannnnnnd I've jumped the rails. I dosed around 930-1000 @ 2 mgs. Didn't catch more than a few scattered half hours of sleep, but a great time.

Yeah I'm 33. I actually still trip pretty often compared to most people, pretty heavy drug user in general, but I've always had a semi-superhuman constitution for drugs. Even so, DOC is a bit much for frequent use anymore. Generally these days I use low functional doses (within a few milligrams) of 3-MeO-PCP pretty often and about once every 2 weeks on average I take a psychedelic (though sometimes, like a music festival or an especially awesome and eventful weekend, I'll take them more often or even multiple days in a row), either a lysergamide or a tryptamine, and when I have empathogens I tend to use them pretty frequently (which is my worst drug habit anymore, but I only allow myself to obtain them infrequently). The tryptamines in particular are great because I can dose high with literally no mental or physical cost... I come out of it feeling better than before I took it, sleep is no problem, and it's a highly satisfying experience. Lyseragmides give me a similar sort of experience as DOC but there is less energy drain that happens and they don't fuck with my sleep nearly as much.

But, DOC is also a highly satisfying experience, so I always come back to it from time to time. :) Fortunately I obtained a lifetime supply, I can imagine using it for many years to come but I'm sure there will reach a point where I can't take it anymore, an earlier point than for other psychedelics.

In my twenties it was like, no holds barred, I was always able to do well at work and function in life but I took a ton of drugs at a totally inappropriate rate, but fortunately it was mostly psychedelics (and opiates for a long time - and weed, tons of weed), never got into the really damaging drugs much, and I've never IVed and I never will. I feel pretty unscathed by it. I guess psychedelics agree with my brain, I've never even gotten a touch of HPPD despite periods of time where I was tripping almost every day, or literally every day for weeks. I actually feel like I'm at my peak of mental and physical performance at this age as well as my overall happiness and state of mind. I've never had a bad trip either, I had one (my third trip ever, a long time ago) where the trip was horrible to experience but I actually felt euphoric for days once it came down because I was so happy to be normal again, and I learned a lot. I consider myself extremely lucky and possibly some sort of freak. =D

So don't do what I did, I'm rather surprised I'm not crazy or a vegetable right now because of some past years, most notably 2006-2008.

Last edited:
Lifetime supply of DOC sounds pretty awesome!..:)
I've experienced a similar "plateau stage" with some phens and stims, dopamine ocean of calmness, very nice feeling indeed!
Never tried DOC but would love to if it ever will come my way, I like the idea of long duration too...

Youngsters. What until you get into your forties to see how long it takes to recover! Of course, I have a new exercise regime which keeps me healthy and I've stopped all smoking activities, so probably feel healthier than I did in my thirties to be honest.

Yeah I'm 33. I actually still trip pretty often compared to most people, pretty heavy drug user in general, but I've always had a semi-superhuman constitution for drugs...

Same here, though I find the thought of considering oneself superhuman in regards to drug use a perilous one.
I wanted to know because you come across as a sensible person. I like to think of myself as sensible and extremely sober in general. I've seen some friends struggling with their (ab)use resulting in the death of one of my closest friends a couple of years ago. The latter always came across as very knowledgeable and sensibel when talking about drugs and their use, but in practice was sadly overconfident in that regard and in the end lied about his abuse. My guess is a lot of people here have seen similar things happen among their friends.

I've started jotting down my own use somewhere in 2011. I don't note alcohol use, as I only indulge infrequently and mostly never very much. I also don't note down smoking weed/hashish as the only thing I would be doing is noting that down ;) (Now less so then a couple of years ago). Everything else is written down in a "Date: dose, substance" log. I am still amazed sometimes, reading back, the amount I've taken of varying substances over the years and always wish I'd started sooner with my drug-log. It's amazing how much I tend to forget. My hope is this regimen of notation helps me in preventing dangerous usage patterns. Most risk for me appears to be in the use of benzodiazepines (It def. has a tendency to creep up on you over the years!) and I predict 3-meo-pcp in the future (that is, if my order that is late will finally arrive).

I too haven't had any trouble keeping a regular job and even running my own one man company on the side. I've flirted with depression a couple of times but in general am very content and happy with myself and life. Had some difficult trips and one ++++ acid/2c-e experience with complete ego-loss in which my mind was elsewhere and my body was still actively running around like a madman (I found this very scary in hindsight and potentially very dangerous, though it wasn't a bad trip at the moment of experience, it did take me quite some time to process the experience).

I consider myself extremely lucky and possibly some sort of freak. =D
I know the feeling! Hahaha

Last edited:
"The latter always came across as very knowledgeable and sensibel when talking about drugs and their use, but in practice was sadly overconfident in that regard and in the end lied about his abuse. My guess is a lot of people here have seen similar things happen among their friends. "

I see this a lot in myself, and I know my closest friends see it too. It's one of the things I'm trying to work on.

"The latter always came across as very knowledgeable and sensibel when talking about drugs and their use, but in practice was sadly overconfident in that regard and in the end lied about his abuse. My guess is a lot of people here have seen similar things happen among their friends. "

I see this a lot in myself, and I know my closest friends see it too. It's one of the things I'm trying to work on.

It was precisely this attitude that put me in the hospital and completely derailed my life for a year. A drug log, if you have the discipline to keep up with it, is invaluable for keeping yourself in check.

As soon as I started eyeballing after years and years of using a goddamn calibrated Sartorius and logging the doses, shit went pear-shaped with stunning rapidity.

Lifetime supply of DOC sounds pretty awesome!..:)
I've experienced a similar "plateau stage" with some phens and stims, dopamine ocean of calmness, very nice feeling indeed!
Never tried DOC but would love to if it ever will come my way, I like the idea of long duration too...
Seems i am in the same boat as alot of other posters here. I also am 30 and I have a little less than a gram I aquired in 2010. I havnt touched it in almost 3 years. So yeah lifetime supply for me that a bunch of others back when all this stuff was 40$ a gram.
I love tge visuals of doc but i find myself getting lost in my head on it and like everyone else the duration is too damn long.
Love it though cuz it is the one thing that will give me amazing visuals everysingle time.
I can eat 3 hits of ald 52 and hardly be phased. But 2 mgs of doc and i will trip balls. But the residual stimulation is too much for me now and quite uncomfortable.

Interesting, I get lost min my head on DOC at 3.5 to 4mg or more (I've taken 4.5mg at maximum), but at 2mg or even 3mg I feel so focused and present, conversation flows so easily, I can do work, apply myself to things, I feel extremely capable and

And damn that's intense, 3 hits of ALD will barely phase you? 1 hit of those 125ug blotters is a strong trip for me. It's weird, I used to be an insane hardhead to lysergamides, ever since the first time I tried LSD (which was my second trip ever), my friends were all tripping balls and I felt literally nothing. Couldn't trip on LSD no matter how much I took for many years, my friend gave me 3 of the legendary Hofmann blotters in like 2006, I took all 3 and barely tripped at all. Then one time I took 5 strong blotters (where a half of one had my friend tripping nicely) and finally really tripped. Since then every time I dose a lysergamide, it takes less and less. Which is cool. :)

Same here, though I find the thought of considering oneself superhuman in regards to drug use a perilous one.
I wanted to know because you come across as a sensible person. I like to think of myself as sensible and extremely sober in general. I've seen some friends struggling with their (ab)use resulting in the death of one of my closest friends a couple of years ago. The latter always came across as very knowledgeable and sensibel when talking about drugs and their use, but in practice was sadly overconfident in that regard and in the end lied about his abuse. My guess is a lot of people here have seen similar things happen among their friends.

I used to lie about my usage rate all the time on here. There a period of time in 2006-2008 where I went absolutely balls to the wall and ended up suffering from temporary narcolepsy because I barely slept for 2 years. I wouldn't even communicate a third of what I was doing because I didn't want to set a bad example (as I was a moderator even then), but even so people expressed concern to me. Crashed my car driving home from work. Fell asleep randomly in mid-sentence and I felt constantly in a fog I couldn't shake. I quit doing drugs for a while and recovered completely, lots of eating well and sleeping a lot, turns out it was just long-term exhaustion (because I'd do psychedelics at night and then wake up at 7 to go to work (or not sleep at all), and did this very often. For like a year my main drug was AMT which is stimulating so it could artificially get me through the day). Then I also quit drugs for 3 years in 2010, well I smoked weed but that's it, no psychedelics or anything else. Since then I've sort of been slowly increasing my rate of usage and recently decided I need to chill back down again. I believe I am a sensible person but I also have an addictive and compulsive personality so I have to keep an eye on myself, and I can get out of hand sometimes even still, though I have made a lot of progress in keeping conscious oversight of myself. In the past I would have kept going until I burnt myself out.

Yeah man i can take three and hardly have any tracers it sucks. Porbably cuz im on 2 mg klonopin a day im guessing. :-/ . If i go two days with out it i will trip a little harder but 2 is always underwhelming.
I have yet to replicate my first and best exiperence with lsd (++++) where everything melted and was like looking through a kelidoscope. Im about to just say fuck it and drop a ten strip on nye of the 125 ug ald 52 blotters. Cuz i really need to get deep.
And the dose very well could have been 4 mgs i eyeballed it most of the time. I did not know the dose response curve was that steep.

Oh man, eyeballing DOC, just gotta say for anyone reading this to never do that! DOC is way too potent to eyeball, it gets much stronger really fast. You shouldn't even try to weigh out single doses with a milligram scale since they can be 2 or more milligrams off... the only safe way to dose DOC is to weigh a larger amount (I do 30-50mg) and dissolve it in liquid for volumetric dosing. The difference between, say, 3mg and 4mg is pretty intense.

But anyway, yeah, I don't know that DOC is ever going to replicate a breakthrough LSD experience. Despite comparisons made, I find them to be two very different drugs.

Yeah man young and dumb...lol yeah dont eyeball the stuff guys. I would just sniff match head size amounts every 1 or 2 hours if i wanted to redose since it takes so long to kicki in. I was mainly at a festivals and had no acces to scales.
And yes i dont use doc to replicate lsd it way different. Doc is eye candy lsd is knowledge in liquid form.
Also you think its the kpins killing the effects of the ald 52 tho xorkoth?

In my experience DOC is a heavy chemical by volume, whenever I weigh 30mg to put into solution it shocks me how small the pile looks. Well I guess it depends, I got a flour-like batch of DOC once

I'm sure it plays a role, yeah. Probably a significant role. Also some people are just less sensitive to stuff. Do you seem to need more LSD than most to trip?

Yep its a flour like batch sorta very fine crystal superfine and mot very shiny. This was from a popular vendor from ohio who had all that good pre ban stuff like mxe and doc for *snip* a gram for samples. Ah the old days. Still got that mxe 3 meo and everything else.
No not really i had no problems tripping my first time off 2 good hits of pickard lsd.
Mabet like you and the 5strip i just need to stop pussyfootingaround and take 10 hits on nye so i can get somthing out of it
I dont think i am more resistant to psychedelecs i feel phens and tryptamines fine for the most psrt and my dosages are not crazy. But i dunno if its alds calmness or reduced visuals but i cant get any off 3 hitsof tjat or tbh 3 hits of eth lad, if i could hold the eth lad down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Give us a report if a ten strip of ALD-52.....don't think I've read of anyone going that high with that one
I am contemplating 5 X 125 next summer