• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy DOC Thread - Third opinion

I have put my solutions at 4mgs DOC/1ml EtOH (95%). I always lay my blots 1 at a time and if I need a higher dose, I just re-lay it until I get the desired dose. That's for Wayab, BTW..

thanks man i figured as much but as i have only laid nbomez i needed to be sure

^that's the only negative thing I've heard about this batch, some people are having trouble getting the last of those particles to dissolve. Folley, if you don't mind me asking, how did you figure out your doses after being unable to dissolve it in ethanol? My scale will read down to 5mgs but I don't quite trust it. I was thinking that if all else fails I would weigh out 10mgs and cut it in half since I know I can handle 5-6 mgs of the good batch.

I could be wrong, but anything insoluble is probably an impurity. Your best bet would probably be to filter out the impurity, recrystalize the DOC, and then make a new solution starting with the purified material. In the case that it is undissolved DOC you don't want to accidentally get a large, potentially weighty chunk in the portion of solution that you are dosing. Since there's no way of weighing the material that doesn't dissolve, you won't know the actual concentration of your solution and will thus be dosing inaccurately and lower than planned.

For what it's worth, my tan DOC was completely soluble, although I did have another batch of the same that had the same solubility issues.

Last edited:
Also for what it's worth, pure DOC is extremely soluble in water, I don't know to what level but it dissolves very quickly, even when in crystals, in 1mg/mL. I am nearly sure it would dissolve to very much more concentrated than that.

Also for what it's worth, pure DOC is extremely soluble in water, I don't know to what level but it dissolves very quickly, even when in crystals, in 1mg/mL. I am nearly sure it would dissolve to very much more concentrated than that.

I've read reports of at least 20mg/ml in ethanol being fairly easy to achieve, and from what I understand DOC is even more soluble in water than alcohol.

I have the off white powdery stuff you speak of! I havent had the white crystalline stuff so i cant compare, but from what i've tested thus far it seems to be quite lovely. it may not be overly potent, possibly less potent than the previous batch. the maximum i had dosed of this batch is 3mg and it was quite awesome, solid visuals, euphoria, that radical DOC dream state and about a 12 hour total duration, but up until the 3mg mark it doesnt really have much effect besides stimulation and mood lift, maybe some slight visual distortions, (that mainly starts around 2mg.)

I finally got around to trying this "new" DOC. I tried to dissolve 20mgs into 1mL of H2O to no avail. You could see the impurities floating around so said solution was discarded. I ended up licking 5mgs off of my scale and had a pretty good time. A new effect I noticed is the shifting of light, through out the day I would see a bright light shining behind me as if someone opened a door on a sunny day. I only wish I left myself another day to recover, while I was reading the hourly reports at work (11 pm the day after) I noticed the numbers floating around on the page a bit. Sex was also amazing but weird, tons of CEVs with her on top, the oddest one was a set of twin like goblin creatures that had the face of the president from battlestar galactica waving and cheering us on8o.

Overall a good time although it is apparent that my stomach does not like DOC. I got the same cramps and GI distress from this powder as I did from the pure crystals

I was wondering if anyone has insufflated DOC and did it reduce the nausea/cramping?

Last edited:
I was toying with insuffilation, but am hesitant because I don't really want to snort what my cheap scale can weigh at this low a dose anyway... I'm not even sure if trust 5 mgs, even

I always experience some GI discomfort with DOC. Even though at the time it feels like the last thing I want to do, I tried eating something light (some fruit salad, later a bowl of Cheerios with coconut milk) when I began to feel the nausea coming on, as suggested by some other uses. To my surprise, the discomfort faded quite rapidly.

Instead of discarding the solution or ingesting an unknown amount of DOC contained in the cut powder, you could pass the solution through a coffee filter and into a new vessel to remove the impurity, then leave the solution uncovered somewhere safe to evaporate. Whatever is left should be fully soluble DOC of increased purity.

^Yeah, I thought about that but was impatient and really wanted to trip that day. So say I take 250mgs, dissolve, strain, and evaporate whatever I have left should be pure(er) DOC, right? I think will try this in two or so months after I use some more of my crystal batch.

It's certainly possible that some impurity will remain, but the final product should be at least somewhat purified. If you do ever get around to it, don't forget to weigh the material after evaporation; if you start with 250mg and then remove some of the impurity, you will be left with less than 250mg of DOC.

I'm obtaining some DOC blotters 2.5mg each, this will be my first time with a DOx and have plenty of experience with other psych's. Surprisd this stuff is still legal in the US.. anyway, does 2.5mg sound like a good starting dose ?

someone in the last DOC thread or two claimed they were able to get like over 100mg/mL in warm water but it started to come out of solution as the temperature dropped. I wouldn't doubt it. I used to make mine 20mg/mL to try and make it roughly .5mg per drop of liquid, I made sure to test how many drops per mL thoroughly out of my dropper and averaged it out to about 40 drops despite multiple internet sources claiming theres 20 drops in a mL

I'm obtaining some DOC blotters 2.5mg each, this will be my first time with a DOx and have plenty of experience with other psych's. Surprisd this stuff is still legal in the US.. anyway, does 2.5mg sound like a good starting dose ?

In my experience, 2.5mg is a good recreational dose. My first +++ with DOC was on 2.4mg; I was very satisfied with the experience and I think it would be rare for an experienced psychonaut to find him or herself in over their head dosing at this level. It was enough for a nice body high and euphoria, greatly enhanced music appreciation, mild OEVs and fairly detailed CEVs. For me, 3 to 3.5 mg seems to be the sweet spot, with my one trial at 4.8 mg being a little overwhelming (I don't know why, but I tend to dose DOC in 1.2mg increments).

Depending on your source and how many blotters you are getting, it might not be a bad idea to first test a half of a blotter to make sure that you are in fact dealing with a DOx and that you are not overly sensitive to them. On the other hand, dosing at around 1.25mg might just leave you feeling bored and or uncomfortable for a very long time. Have you sampled other PEA psychedelics (2C's, NBOMe's, etc.)? What setting do you plan to take it in?

someone in the last DOC thread or two claimed they were able to get like over 100mg/mL in warm water but it started to come out of solution as the temperature dropped. I wouldn't doubt it. I used to make mine 20mg/mL to try and make it roughly .5mg per drop of liquid, I made sure to test how many drops per mL thoroughly out of my dropper and averaged it out to about 40 drops despite multiple internet sources claiming theres 20 drops in a mL

That's a very valuable observation SONN. I won't comment on your choice to do so since you've already done it and seem to have thought it through as best as possible, but there are two big reasons why using drops as a unit of measurement can be dangerous:

1. Drop volume from a given dropper varies from drop to drop.

For example, your dropper may have an average drop volume of .05 ml. However, a "small drop" may only be .04 ml while a "large drop" is .06 ml. If you dosed a "small drop" and thought you found the perfect dose, then on your next try accidentally dosed a "large drop" that would be a 50% increase. I'm sure that with some droppers and poor technique you could see even greater variation.​

2. Average drop volume varies from dropper to dropper.

For example, one dropper may have an average drop volume of .05 ml (20 drops per ml), while another dropper may have an average drop volume of .025 ml (40 drops per ml) or even .1 ml (10 drops per ml).

The bottom line is, if you insist on using drops as a unit of measurement (which is not recommended) there are a couple of very important precautions you must take. One is to standardize your dropping technique as much as possible. This includes everything from the angle of the dropper, to the amount of pressure applied to the dropper, and potentially even environmental variables like temperature and humidity. The second is get to know your dropper. That is to say that every time you begin using a new dropper, you should as accurately as possible measure the average number of drops per ml using your standardized dropping technique. Remember that to obtain an average number of drops per ml, you will need to count the number of drops in one ml multiple times.

^^ thanks for the info :) I think I'm gonna start with one 2.5 blotter for the first time, I have a couple friends who have got from the same source and insist that the doses are accurate. And I plan to do it with a few friends at a beach (Probably my favorite place to trip) during the day. I'd imagine I won't be peaking till the afternoon, which I figure is good cuz I should be tripping well into the evening, which should give the qualities of a daytime and nighttime trip. There will be lots of music and I'll be around some real fun people

Oh and to reply to your question: I have taken 25i NBOMe on several occasions, 2cb bout 5x and once a very intense trip on 2ci

So I mentioned in another thread, which has since been closed, that I recently acquired quite a bit of DOC and planned to test it out this past weekend.

I took 2.2mg, 1.1 at 2pm and 1.1 at 3pm, on Saturday. By 4:00 I was feeling the come up quite a bit--and it felt fairly confusing and an odd mixture of stimulating and sedating until at least 5:00 or so. So it really does take a good 2-3 hours to come up on this stuff.

After that though, once I hit a plateau. It was actually very calm. Pretty visual, and with a worthwhile yet mild headspace--at least at my dosage--which I would be comfortable with increasing the dosage on.

I noticed a visual-stuttering type effect, where my bottle of water, and waves on the shore, would look like they were switching back and forth between two different frames rather than actually flowing from one state to another. I also definitely noticed and agree with the "cartoony" visual style that some people say it seems to induce. Everything actually looked a lot like the video-game Borderlands, which was quite interesting.

I dosed 8mg of 4-aco-met and 50mg 5-mapb around 6:15pm before going to a movie, so the visuals were kicked up a notch for a while after this moment. But after a few hours, when the met and 5-mapb faded, the DOC was still going strong. Mild, but consistent.

I drove home around 1am and felt like I could have possibly slept--I took .7mg etizolam to help with it. But I ended up staying awake through the night, binge-watching a show on netflix called "Orange is the New Black" (amazing show, btw). It's important to note, however, that this wasn't due to a tweaky "wide awake and hating it" stimulation, but rather a just complete and total absence of any sleepiness. In that sense, DOC seems truly remarkable in its ability to stimulate without "feeling stimulating." Much more-so even than vyvanse, etc.

I ended up taking about .5mg of DOC at 9am this sunday morning, since I hadn't slept and also wanted to see how low-doses of DOC would work as a "functional stimulant." I don't know if it really promotes any hyper-concentration at this dosage, but it certainly did keep the sleepiness away. It's now 1am and I'm still awake--I could probably go to sleep if I tried, and probably will soon, but at the moment I feel no particular urge to do so.

All in all, DOC has impressed me. I think it might be a great chemical, and I'm looking forward to trying it again--however it's definitely something that you need a clear day for. If 2.2mg (admittedly quite late in the day) could keep me up all night without even the desire to go to sleep, then higher dosages (I'm considering 3mg or so my next time around) will likely last even longer.

Last edited:
hey guys got a quick question.I have a friend who has taken a couple times, all in the range is 2-4 milligrams a Dose.he is currently on anti-depressants initially he really like the drug.(he might not have been on anti depressants when he first tried this)but now says that he doesn't feel it at all and I'm wondering if that has to do with the combination of SSRI.I know for a fact that SSris messes with Serotonegic drugs like mdma making the user not feel any effects.the only other thing I can take off of why he wouldn't feel it is that I am running down to the bottom of the bag I had a gram got like 70mgs left Maby, but it has been stored in a cool dry dark place and its less than a year old so I doubt that.I would try the drug out for myself,but it is quite a long trip unless I'm at a festival or concert Ill have to wait for a good time to arise. Also I have to say mdma and doc is amazing! Thanks for any feedback

I'm pulling an all nighter and I haven't used this substance in a year. I've experienced 3 mgs but want to go higher or possibly combo with 4-aco-met or 4-ho-mipt. The 4-x-x only one will be in play at 10-15 mgs. My issue is deciding which way to go. Or thirdly I was thinking 2 mgs DOC, followed by 1.5-2.0 mgs an hour or two later. I guess my question all boils down to timing; when to boost / add combo. Any help would be great. Been looking forward to revisiting DOC for some time, very excited!!

2.2mg of doc (half at 2, half at 3) with 8 mg of 4-aco-met to top off at 6:15 was excellent for me.

I did stay up all night, but if I had taken more than 0.7 mg of etizolam I'm sure I could have slept.
Still. Probably best to do this earlier in the day.

I really enjoyed nasal DOC, it was really cool just to pull out the vial and dump a few small bits outs whilst already triping of not.