• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy DOB Thread

DOB is disgusting...

It gave me hardly any visuals and a MASSIVE amount of body anxiety.

Yes...body anxiety. Vascocostriction in the extremes, my neck hurt. My dick got small and started hurting.

I'll take mental anxiety any day...

I tried the DOI on paper and it was awful. felt so unnatural it madr the 14+ hour trip wortheless and I never tried it again. LSD over all the DOX chems...

LSD =fucking great ( usually anyway) I'd happily pay for it.

DOB = fucking horrible & lasts too long- wouldn't take it again unless I was paid handsomely

The DOX series is far more taxing on the body than LSD; the sheer length of the trip is physically exhausting and the crash is definitely amphetaminergic (i.e. you will want all the sleep you can get afterwards). I normally do not experience a 'crash' after taking standard (d)-amphetamine, but I did after taking DOI. Remember also that DOB is suspected to have a greater toxicity than DOI and DOC.

LSD, on the other hand, is about a 6 hour long psychic singularity, followed by a nice gentle landing and reintegration. And the next day, you (am of course, by you I mean I, ymmv) feel like a million bucks--so gloriously appreciative of the fact that you are alive and breathing...truly living, rather than merely existing.

Visually, I would say that DOI has the edge--nothing else has quite compared (well, maybe 5-MeO-DMT, but DOI 'rendering' was still prettier, giving the strange-but-fucking-cool sensation of geometric euphoria). LSD is much more cognitively beneficial (as well as lucid during the course of the trip), while the DOX compounds can be quite a mindfuck. It is likely easier to experience a bad trip with a DOX compound; they are certainly not for novices or anyone who tends to become nervous that a chemical effect will "last forever."

It takes a shitload of planning and a serious commitment in order to properly enjoy a DOX chemical. A priori, one must have (1) 2-3 free days available, (2) intimate knowledge of the chemical and exact dosage being taken--not the old blotter switcharoo, (3) no tendency towards panic whilst in psychedelia (you're in there for the duration--a veritable psychedelic triathlon) and finally, (4) a solid-ass gut and an antiemetic (I think we all know which antiemetic I speak of here--it also helps swing the trip toward the positive). LSD, by contrast, has virtually no significant physical effects--maybe some 'annoyances,' but nothing heinous.

In short: ain't nothing like the real thing.

The only thing i'm worried about with acid is that i'll end up getting some DOB type bullshit that lasts like 3 days. how common is that? to get DOB type shit

I've seen it happen. If it tastes bitter it's not LSD. That is all :p And it doesn't last 3 days. I've seen it last around 14-16 hours tops.

the blotter I've ate with print on it has tasted bitter and I am sure it was LSD. Ink tastes bitter.

Well, I've heard LSD blotters can taste a tad bitter, but this DOB stuff (supposedly) tastes terrible

DOB is nothing like LSD, since with one it's an entirely mind fuck experience whereas the other has much more physical side effects, which are very unpleasant. For example, DOB is actually painful, it's like the opposite of analgesia.

I'm quite mad at the trip report in PIHKAL, after reading those one is left with the impression that it's a great drug to try and alot of fun. There is no suggesion of anything negative other than the fact that only 2g's is made which sorta indicates that not much is needed.

My opinion is that 2C-B is probably much better. I got accused of being a "pussy" for saying this on one website. The guy said that DOB is "Viking" material. I think it's worth trying a handful of times but I dont think it's like LSD where you want to keep on taking it over and over. LSD is certainly mindblowing and you can get psychologically quite messed up. It doesnt have any physiologically intrusive side effects though.

The one thing that both LSD and DOB have in common is that they are Hardcore substances, very potent and last a long time. In each case, if you take too much and decide you are having a bad trip, then you have a good 12 hours of trauma and quite a few days before it's completely out of your system. 2C-B is therefore much more benign.

Yeah fuck the DOx's. The first few times I tried them I found them either chaotic and confusing (the time I got REALLLLLY dirty DOx blotters from a festival) or deeply insightful and spiritual. Though, all the later times I tried them they were just fun, shallow, hedonistic substances.

For me the trademark of knowing I took a DOx was the extremely bitter weird chemical taste, the very long time to fully kick in, and extremely long peak and comedown. They were far speedier and had far more body load than good ol L. For some reason in '06 and early '07 I noticed a shitload of DOx like blotters going around. Luckily, in late '07 and early '08 the market seems to be back to clean, old school feeling blotters.

I'll warn you guys that the DOx blotters I had at a music fest in '06 were so crazy that I ended up having a serious seizure on them. I'd suggest if any one of you want to fuck with weird DOx blotters have something relaxing to smooth out the edges (like Kratom, Opioids, Opium, Kava, Neurontin, Phenibut, L-Theanine, Benzos or GHB). Good luck... Ideally, stick to natural stuff like Mushrooms, Cacti, HBW/MG seeds, Salvia, and Amanita so at least you know what you're putting in your body....

The guy said that DOB is "Viking" material.

Smyth, he called you a pussy for preferring 2C-B then went on to make the above comment? God save us from people who attach macho values to the choice & dose of psychedelic - they are the sort of people who are walking disaster areas, only they fuck up more than just themselves. I could happily go my whole life without ever meeting another retard who finds it 'manly' to take difficult psychedelic experiences (or at least say that as most of them are either full of it or not right in the head to begin with)

I've found low dose DOB (0.25-0.75mg) colourful & entertaining, but at 1mg+ the physical side makes them it worthwhile IMO. The only DOx compounds that I'd consider again are DOB at the doses given above, DOI up to 1-1.5mg and the one that's really worth it, DOM (there are some that I'm still yet to try like DOT & DOET, so I will reseve judgement on those)

fastandbulbous said:
Smyth, he called you a pussy for preferring 2C-B then went on to make the above comment? God save us from people who attach macho values to the choice & dose of psychedelic - they are the sort of people who are walking disaster areas, only they fuck up more than just themselves. I could happily go my whole life without ever meeting another retard who finds it 'manly' to take difficult psychedelic experiences (or at least say that as most of them are either full of it or not right in the head to begin with)

Well Said!

Delsyd said:
Really?
Do you get bad effects from LSD or do you just think the DOC/I high is better than an LSD high.
Have you had a proper dose of LSD? im assuming you have judging from your other experiences, but i dont actually recall about LSD in particular.

I have never tried DOB but have done both DOI and DOC.
The DOx drugs were accomponied by a over stimulating body high, sometimes nausea and vomiting, and the head high was speedy aswell, my thoughts were very mixed up rather than being clear and lucid like on LSD.

i obviously prefer LSD. and to the OP i would recomend seaking out the real deal rather than settling for DOB.

<3 <3 <3

I have done a lot of lsd in the past (within a year and going back 7 or 8), but I found DOI and DOC to be far better substances. lsd is more chaotic while DOI and DOC (especially DOC are very clear and lucid mentaly, while providing btter visuals. I get a really good body vibration (body buzz isnt a suffecient term) more similar to an indole DOC and DOI, but I like higher doses; yet I dont get any overstimulation from the DOx's I have tried. To each his own I guess:)

i've never done DOB but i'm going to have to say LSD and DMT will be my all time favortie phys.

In reference to preference,

I can't justify the 'prettier' or sometimes exaggerated visuals produced by DO* series due to the body load and/or duration...

Perhaps they have there time and place, but LSD is preferred by many (and proven, with it's market!)

I feel I should point out that I'm in no way an anti DO* - n fact I've got a few doses of DOB waiting for the right time, if it comes.

How's Bromo-Dragonfly compare to the the DOx's effects wise (in terms of how clean and eyeopening a psychedelic)?

I've a feeling the cleanest, deepest potent psychedelics of all will be the various obscure Ergolines that are yet to be reported to appear widely on blotters. I am referring to ETH-LAD, PRO-LAD, AL-LAD, BU-LAD, CYP-LAD, PARGY-LAD, etc.

I also would like to see more research being done into the potential of the various Lysergic Acid Amides (LSA's) found in Morning Glory, Rivea and Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds. Surely, Ergine, Isoergine, Ergonovine, Methergine, etc. must have some sort of potential. Hoffman only studied pure Ergine and after trying low doses and finding it to be sedating and dull he seemed to dismiss the LSA's as failures.

I know the LSA's have lots of potential because I've had some truly amazing, awe inspiring Morning Glory and Woodrose trips over the years. And I'm experienced enough with Ergolines, 2Cx's and DOx's to have very high standards.

I agree about ergotaloids being the best psychedelics, as they seem to have very few peripheral side effects and have activity at D2/3/4 receptors as well as 5-HT2A receptors, making them stimulating, uplifting and psychedelic. I bet ET-LAD is fucking amazing.

depends on how much DOB was injested. Most people who misstakenly take DOB dont do enough for a full on DOB trip (which is good if you were looking for an LSD trip)

^ I'd say that they're more likely to than not as people often go for more than one tab of acid at a time & if the average DOB blotter contains 1mg, you only need a couple for a full taste of wehat DOB does. If you ate 5 (ie 5mg of DOB) you're going to be very, very sorry