• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big & Dandy Diphenidine Thread

To confirm: This is a powder to take, if you don't want to recall what you are gonna do for the next 1-2 hrs, or so.

I just watched a full length movie under the influence of 120 mg of Diphenidine, and *poof*.
I literally just skipped through it again, to find that from 40 minutes in, and all the way to the credits, I was a blank. I didn't do anything, just - well - dozed off, with all senses and signs of life there. I had a conversation with a friend afterwards explaining what happened, and I repeated myself, he said. Positives? Great mood lift. And the fact that it tastes like very very bitter chemistry dissolved in water.

I can't imagine what this stuff would do to people out in the open, at festivals or the such.

Scary. This is going to the trash bin.

In retrospect: I over-estimated the above statements.
The last post I made was written whilst coming down from a unexpectedly intense reacton. The mindset I found myself in, had hints of mania, moodlift and slight paranoia. At first it really felt like I had been part of a "Russian memory wiping experiment" or something like that.

Diphenidine is not that bad. It is scary how steep the dose-response curve is, though, and it is indeed capable of putting you in a blank state, with no recollection of what was going on.

What I am trying to say is: Diphenidine is indeed a NMDA-antagonist, because it brought a completely unexpected antidepressive effect the following days. But it is not for the broad crowd looking for a legal Ketamine- or Methoxetamine substitute.

To make myself clear - I am not under the influence of anything, but a cup of coffee at the moment, so the bias is next to none ;)

Cheers,

Tried this stuff not long ago, so thought I'd add my own thoughts. I had a somewhat odd reaction to it in terms of my metabolism, I see most people here and others I've spoken to have found this stuff to come up fairly quickly and last 4-6 hours, while I experienced a rather drawn out 4 hour come up (very little going on til around hour 3-ish), and then an additional 3-5 hours of trip after that depending on the dosage. No others posts I've read or people I've talken to who've taken it have experienced this, and I think it's due to my weird eating patterns (due to stimulant use and such).

I feel as a result I might also be needing slightly higher dosages than others. 60mg was very very light. 115mg was strong though I'd imagine needing approximately 130 for a "hole" type experience.

Personally I very much liked the experience. It was more similar to MXE than to Ketamine though had its own character. Due to the similarity to Lefetamine I'd expect it to be some kind of a stimulant too, probably dopaminergic rather than serotonergic like MXE.

If you're a dissociative enthusiast then I'd give this one a try, just approach it with an open mind, don't go looking for MXE v2.0 or Ketamine v2.0 but look at it as what it is - Diphenidine, and you should have a nice experience.

Be careful with dosing this one since as mentioned the dose response curve is extremely steep.

I've yet to experience the hole yet since the weird slow metabolism I've had lately with this and other drugs makes it hard to fit into my schedule unless I plan well in advance, but I'll be sure to post back when I do.

I'm not sure if this was due to the particular batch I got or if Diphenidine is always like this but snorting it was pretty dire and really blocked up my nose, sublingual also burned my tongue and left a residual taste for hours. Stick to oral with this one I'd say personally. :)

Does this stuff have the potential mania and stimulation related effects that drugs like 3-MeO-PCE and 3-MeO-PCP show? Because I don't react so well to them especially as an after-effect. It may be related to me having contracted a propensity to anxiety and tolerance to the NMDA action of dissociatives but much less tolerance to their other pharmacodynamics...

I'm aware of the void or blank state that you can get with dissociatives (the more potent the more possible, it seems), but what are pleasant and useful effects of diphenidine? The bodily sensations, things like feeling wobbly / shimmer-y?

Does this stuff have the potential mania and stimulation related effects that drugs like 3-MeO-PCE and 3-MeO-PCP show? Because I don't react so well to them especially as an after-effect. It may be related to me having contracted a propensity to anxiety and tolerance to the NMDA action of dissociatives but much less tolerance to their other pharmacodynamics...

I'm aware of the void or blank state that you can get with dissociatives (the more potent the more possible, it seems), but what are pleasant and useful effects of diphenidine? The bodily sensations, things like feeling wobbly / shimmer-y?

I know someone else I spoke to who tried this said it was most similar to 3-MeO-PCP (I think it was 3 anyway not 4) out of the dissociatives they've tried (which include 4-MeO-PCP, 3-MeO-PCP, MXE, Ketamine, Ethyl-norketamine and this) so take that as you will. I found this stuff to be stimulating and there was some mania when it came to typing for me, I was typing to people for hours on end excitedly about everything that came into my head, but that's not an unusual thing for me to do on any remotely stimulating drug honestly so it's hard to accurately say.

I found I was able to sleep on this stuff though, almost too easily on lower doses, to the point that I've missed an entire experience by falling asleep on the peak because it wasn't strong enough to keep me awake - so I'm assuming that means this stuff is quite a bit less stimulating than some other dissociatives. I was always able to fall asleep on Ketamine too but on MXE or DXM there was no chance of that happening until the very tail end of the experience.

One pleasant thing about this for me was that it gave me this very still sense of zen and purity, I would use words like "white", "clouds", "mountain tops", "angelic", "pure", "crystalline", "clear", etc to describe the experience if that gives a better idea of what I mean. Ketamine also has this sense of cleanliness to the body high but the mind high is so warped with Ketamine the words would be more like "shpdslkjdkla" :D

I'd go more along the lines of shimmery and pulsating light more than wobbly for what it's worth. I have a feeling at low-medium doses this could be attractive to those who've investigated dissociatives for anti-depressant effects, since I find until higher doses this is more clearheaded than other dissociatives I've tried, so there'd be less of any sort of impact on routine to those not looking for full on dissociation but wanting the after effects. At lower doses the experience itself is not unlike the typical dissociative afterglow too.

On the flip side if we talk about downsides I think the same potential for delusions as with MXE and the MeO-PCPs is definitely there, as there was a sense throughout the experience that this was something big and important and I was some grand powerful individual conquering unforeseen grounds - an egocentric tendency I know all too well from playing around with MXE :p (but hey this is the guy who goes around calling myself Jesus.. ;))

Thanks very much, interesting!

Also I see that the formula in included in the TT, which is absolutely fine. I clearly am not up to speed on the name under which it is mostly recognized in practice..

Posted up a report for 115mg here: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/...ed-with-dissociatives-Caught-up-in-the-clouds

As far as the name goes, I've only ever heard it referred to as Diphenidine, think the full name was left in from the original ADD thread, unsure if it's necessary in the title or not but no harm keeping it since Diphenidine itself is fairly new.

---

Update:

Just updating to say I tried this again last night at 140mg last night with a 20mg snorted top up, one of my best dissociative experiences to date, pleasantly surprised. I did quite enjoy it at lower doses but the other posts here and elsewhere made me think higher doses weren't worth exploring - turns out I was wrong :D

I'm not sure if I can write a report since a lot of the experience has already vanished from my memory, and more is fading even as I type this. I didn't "hole" in the traditional sense of lack of contact with/recognition of my body - though when I closed my eyes I would float and fly past these HD textured walls, some were like rugs or made out of cloth, others liquids or jelly - it was real enough to make me unable to tell if my eyes were open or closed at the time, but when I'd open them I'd quickly snap out of it and be in control of my body just very dissociated. It was also highly introspective and gave me answers to some big questions I had pertaining to some decisions I should make in the near future.

Last edited:
I think i got sold this stuff as MXE once and smoked the shit out of it. I just felt confused and dehydrated. but theres no way to prove it was diphenidine, just a major hunch

The more experience I have with this one (and the more tolerance), the more I enjoy it. There were an initial few sketchy experiences, but much of that was, I think, 'user error.' It's a very interesting dissociative, though I'd still be cautious of recommending it to anyone without the necessary 'previous' with similarly eccentric dissos... Things can get pretty crazy without a lot of warning, and controlling it isn't far from an art form lol.

Can you elaborate on how one learns to use it and what kind of errors one would tend to make before becoming more experienced? That should be very helpful information for others. :)

I will do my best, Solipsis, but my information will have a natural limit to its use because of such a range of tolerance...

Most users seem to report an ideal dose as '110mg.' That is a recurring number from (mostly) non-tolerant experimenters. Under this dose, not a lot is reported to happen. I've never had a particularly noticeable effect under about 90-100mg.

However, this depends quite a lot on what we mean by 'happen' - At sub-hole doses, this drug is a very smooth, potentially very subtle dissociative. Anyone with a predisposition to anxiety will, I think, notice its therapeutic effects more clearly. It takes *at least an hour* (oral) for onset, and the strength of the effect appears to increase markedly between 1 hour and 1.5 hours.

The entire duration of the drug is very long, and the onset-peak-comedown trajectory is very comparable (IMO) to 3-MeO-PCP. The effects are a little different, but the timing is similar. After a couple of doses in the afternoon, it's not unusual to still be feeling the calming, 'fuzzy' dissociative headspace the following morning.

In my own tests, I find that an initial dose followed by a top-up dose about 2 hours later is the most effective routine. I start with 120-140mg, wait to feel the first plateau at +1.5 hours, then prepare another 120-150 (depends how daring i'm feeling) for consumption at the +2 hour mark. What follows is several hours of gradually increasing waves of dissociation, pleasure, physical 'buzzing' and the familiar disso body-shifting (when lying down, particularly). Positive and motivated thought processes replace sober ones, and a feeling of slightly egocentric mania. I find that I have access to repressed emotions, and creativity and the desire to communicate are enhanced. The effect profile shifts over time, and about 4 hours after the second dose I am left with a feeling of profound calm, a 'zen' stillness.

This state is maintainable, but the balance is a very careful one. Much like 3-MeO, a small mis-step on dosing or timing sends the user into a unique confusion, bordering on ego-death, and retrograde amnesia sets in very hard and without warning. This state can accompanied by panic, and I have found that in more recent experiments, I recognise it starting, prepare myself into a safe position (in bed, audiobook on, comfort zone restored), and allow the feeling to take control for a while before subsiding. It's enjoyable, as long as you are safe and stay calm. The state itself is inexplicable other than in terms of other heavyweight dissos - an utter sensory mis-match, unable to understand writing or speech, a feeling of eternal uncertainty.

In several experiments, I've found myself coming round sitting in bed listening to a book, with absolutely no memory of how I got there. Clearly I've taken responsibility for my impending loss of control and taken myself into a safe place, but it takes a while to piece that information together, and the exact sequence of events is completely lost.

Last edited:
is there any binding affinity data published for this one yet? I am very interested in trying MK-801 but can't seem to find it anywhere and if this is a "pure" NMDA antagonist like it, then it could be worth a shot.

Do any of you's snort this?

I feel 'good' off 35-40mg but I wanna feel euphoric. I pushed the dose the other night and had 3 doses of approx' 40-50mg, but ended up blacking out on my bed whilst listening to music, so I can't rememberif I got any euphoria or if I even holed.

"Dissociative drugs inhibit the ability of the brain to correlate sensory data into an apparent totality in any given moment."

i guess you mean these kind of drugs allow us to interpret what we perceive in a different way that the one we have been taught?

I'm definitely interested in the anti-depressant properties of this compound, since I've had trouble acquiring MXE and 3-MeO-PCP lately. Hopefully will be sampling soon.

Oh and, anyone tried the i.m. route?

Last edited:
Interesting Drug

Had my first experience with Diphenidine yesterday. I am a big fan of dissociatives and have had extensive experience with both Ketamine, MXE (my beloved, and much missed), 3-MeO-PCP and with some of the less-notable ones that came out after the MXE ban. As previous people have mentioned, Diphenidine lacks much of the *sparkle* of the arylcyclohexamines but that's not to say that it lacks merit or doesn't warrant further exploration.

I've not written up 'proper' trip reports here (i.e. with exact timings) as I wanted to experience the drug without thinking too much about the process, but here are my first two trip reports.

Height: 170cm/5'6"

Weight: 73k/160lbs/11.5 stone

Drug interactions: No alcohol, nicotine, cannabis or other drugs were consumed during both these trips (apart from the benzos taken post-trip)

*PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM AN EXPERIENCED USER OF DISSOCIATIVES. THE DOSAGE I TOOK MAY WELL BE TOO STRONG FOR NOVICE USERS. IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST TRY OF A DISSOCIATIVE PLEASE EXPERIMENT WITH MUCH SMALLER DOSES FIRST*

1. Saturday morning. Dose: 110mg, measured carefully on scales. Timings are approximate.

00:00-01:00 Took about an hour to come up. Around the hour mark I started to have the familiar dissociative 'buzz' and wandered around the house switching off all electrical devices (much to my long-suffering partner's annoyance). Was full of energy and love/compassion, behaved in a generally silly fashion and had a romp about with partner, nothing sexual, just goofing about.

01:00-02:00 From hour one to two the effects increased - lots of crashing, deep thoughts and positive insights into things (time will tell if they were insightful or just mad ramblings). It became almost overwhelming at times, I'd definitely recommend that you stay indoors the first time you do this, with someone around just in case. I put a lot of things in order and had some excellent euphoric insight into an upcoming piece of work. Heartrate and energy levels definitely increased.

02:00 It seemed to peak around the two hour mark, feeling somewhat like a 'big drop' ride in an amusement park, one minute you're OK, sitting at the top of the slide and the next - bang - you're emploding. Lovely for me, but could be unnerving for others. Dosage will play a big part in this too I'd imagine.

02:30-03:30 The effects subsided, leaving me energised and warm, empathic. Around the 3.5 hour mark I was in the baseline area, functioning OK, went to the shops and could converse with strangers with no problems. Still very energised, made a delicious evening meal but found it hard to sit and watch TV as there was lots of residual energy. Around the 5 hour mark my energy levels dropped and I found myself quite flat and tired for about an hour, but this soon passed.

2. Saturday night. Dose: 110mg, measured carefully on scales. Timings are approximate.

I like to take a risk so decided to drop another dose that same day and go out on the town with friends. I'd explained to them what I was doing and they were going to keep an eye out for me. **PLEASE NOTE: THIS WAS A BIT IDIOTIC. If you're going to do something daft as this make sure you've got good mates with you**

00:00-02:30 Took a lot longer to come on this time. Possibly to do with the fact that I'd dosed earlier that day, but around the 1 hour mark I started to have some gentle tinglings, these grew gradually for an hour or so. I was mildly intoxicated, quite amusing and a bit energised and silly but nothing too notable. In retrospect I probably could have dosed up to 130mg+ but that could have gone nasty. As a side note, I have a physical condition that leaves me in near constant pain and I'm happy to add that Diphenidine has analgesic properties.

02:30-03:30 I had about an hour of disintegration, crazed/jumbled thoughts. Could walk around OK but focus was hard as everything kept breaking up into molecules. I still managed to play a round of pool in this state, however couldn't distinguish between spots and stripes :) Despite moments of joy it certainly missed the sparkle and wonder of the arylcyclohexamines and at times, even in the middle of the chaos state, I found myself a bit bored and uninterested in the process. Perhaps due to my having taken it that morning, who knows...?

03:30-04:30 The disintegration lasted longer than it had earlier in the day, and I was still dipping in and out of it up to four and a half hours later, having been picked up and taken home by my partner. I then stayed up and energetic for many hours to come, heart rate very accelerated. I also found myself quite low in mood during this time, quite self-critical and negative about my behaviour during the night (although this is nothing new, it's not something I experienced while on arylcyclohexamines).

To counter this negativity and also to try to slow myself down with a view to sleeping I dropped a couple of benzos (10mg diazepam and 2mg Etizolam if I remember correctly). This then lead to a beautiful couple of hours in which I was full of love and empathy, for myself and for the world, while floating in a state that I can only describe as feeling like Kubrick's 2001. This was an amazing couple of hours, and I will certainly look at adding benzos towards the end of my next trip with Diphenidine.

Although on its own this drug has merits, I think what will be very interesting is if some way can be found of adding some 'zing' to the Diphenidine to give it some more warmth and glow. Its interaction with benzodiazepines was fascinating, and I will certainly be taking these again towards the end of my next trip.

The next time I take Diphenidine I will test out some sort of empathogen/entactogen at the start, for example MDAI, to see how the two drugs interact.

Happy emplosions to all!

^ For what it's worth I've taken 6-APB on the tail end of Diphenidine and didn't really enjoy the mix, it just seemed to get a bit uncomfortable, sedated me during the 6-APB come up, and made it take a while for the 6-APB to really kick in (which in fact was precipitated by me taking another stimulant anyway), feeling more like an SRA or something up until then. I suspect though this is due to Diphenidine being a DARI (at least I think it is.), so counteracted some of the dopamine release.

That said I don't know, it might be better the other way around, rolling first and then taking the stuff.

Also, we have a Trip Reports forum especially for these reports, you should post them there :) you can then link your report here in the Big & Dandy threads if you want people here to see it. I'll move your report over for you but first, do you have any specific title you'd like the report to have? If not I'll just use "Interesting Drug". :)

That'd be great thanks, and the subject is fine. I can't imagine having enough oomph left at the end of a Diphenidine session to get a lift out 6apb but would like to hear how you get on the other way around. I'll post with any MDAI combo information when I can.

My favourite thing to do with ketamine is to put as much as i can possibly fit up both of my nostrils, usually 400mg+ (i have a stupid high tolerance), switch the lights off and put on an anime of some sort to watch. I was just curious if anyone has used Diphenidine to a similar effect? I just love the way you get sucked into the film and can feel your body morphing and what feels like it melting into the bed. With a tolerance like mine im expecting i'll probably have to dose about 150mg if it is even possible to achieve a similar sort of effect?

Any answers would be greatly appreiated :)