• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big & Dandy Diphenidine Thread

Seriously, now that I think about it IV K has such a bell-ringer, intense rush... or honestly, I think it was actually Esketamine; I could mix up minuscule shots of these crystals and my ears would ring with the intensity, yet blissful rush of the best IV DRI's (i.e. raw cocaine), completely dissociated, S-ket (yes, and good ole' K) has a unique psychedelia no other arylcyclohexlyamine and/or dissociative will ever have.
But surely you must enjoy racemic ketamine more than the s-isomer, right? I am so bummed out about not getting ahold of racemic ketamine or not as easily as I used to. I don't enjoy the s-isomer half as much. It never takes me on journeys that are as exciting as those I experience on racemic ketamine, the psychedelic aspects just seem a lot more dull. It's still an excellent dissociative when IV'ed, but in terms of the sheer amount and quality of content of those k holes, it falls far behind racemic ketamine imho. Do you disagree?

Sorry to get off topic fellow BLightaz, I am interested in experiencing Diphenidine. Would it be helpful for a methadone WD arsenal if I can't get MXE atm?
Well I have never had to withdraw methadone and I've never sued dissociatives to help opiate withdrawls. What's the idea behind it? I've never felt what people say is opioidergic activity on any dissociative. Or is it about the tolerance reversal (potential upregulation of receptors)? Personally I'd be afraid of becoming even more dysphoric with diphenidine in my bloodstream while withdrawing opiates...

Last edited:
with I heard from my cat who experienced mxp. Methoxdiphenidine.

Hard to understand the trip. Evrything is wrong but a feeling of everything will be Ok.

Time is slow. Maybe a felling of anger with no reason apparently.

never tried diphenidine and I'm unlikely to.
You do seem to be interested though, seeing that you've been lingering in this thread for some time, eh? ;P Then again you have a good excuse, being a mod here and all. ^^
A friend of a friend (no, really) of mine tried this, once, twice and then he ordered 50g all for himself to consume. He's always been very fond of dissociatives (fond of any kind of drug really), but this is apparently this is apparently the vertex of mind fuck for him, as it is to me.

Seems like pretty soon we will have some data about the safety of regular use lol. Since I passed an url to him through my friend, I gave him all the warnings and worries that have been issued here as well, as that's the responsible thing to do. As expected, he didn't give a flying fuck lol.

Really, there aren't many questions around regular use of this stuff for me. It's NOT safe. Period. Just like any other dissociative isn't safe to use on a regular basis. I have a feeling this one could go a bit deeper even on an affective/behavioural level than ketamine, pcp, mxe, but it's just a hunch. Regarding some unexpected adverse reaction, I'm just not very worried personally (mostly because I like getting blasted off it).

I never tried any dissociative, but I am pretty interested in it. I was thinking about taking mxe or ketamine, but how is diphenidine compared to these two? Is it euphoric, does it give you some kind of afterglow like mxe? I know that you shouldnt use dissociatives for trating depression, but has diphenidine also anti depressive functions like ketamine?

I never tried any dissociative, but I am pretty interested in it. I was thinking about taking mxe or ketamine, but how is diphenidine compared to these two? Is it euphoric, does it give you some kind of afterglow like mxe? I know that you shouldnt use dissociatives for trating depression, but has diphenidine also anti depressive functions like ketamine?
There haven't been any clinical trials on it's potential antidepressant effects yet and I dare say there never will be. Of course you will always find some people who claim it is effective as an antidepressant (people say this not just about dissociatives, but about any drug, especially novel ones and even moreso when they're highly habit forming).
If you want to take dissociatives for their antidepressant effects, you don't need psychedelic dosage levels and it's probably counterproductive to administer them above that threshold on a regular basis.

Now as to whether diphenidine would be a good drug to try as a dissociative virgin, I would have to answer NO. FUCK NO actually. Unless you want to be turned off dissociatives for the rest of your life. If you had actually read through a few pages of this thread, you would know this. It's just very unforgiving at higher doses and there's a good chance you will want to redose it. Nothing like this ever happens with, say ketamine.

Ketamine would actually be an excellent start and it's the only one with at least some controlled trials out there when it comes to utilizing it's antidepressant effects. There are also guides for ketamine dosing schedules on bluelight if you try to use it as an antidepressant.

Just so you don't misunderstand me here, diphenidine is one hell of a drug, it's just usually not perceived as very pleasant by people who aren't used to the state. I even had a rough time on my first PCP experience despite having taken plenty of ketamine before I went down that road.
Basically, there's a high chance you'll just be wondering whether aliens have stolen your brain or someone poisoned you and you're dead. If that sorta shit sounds appealing to you, you might as well give it a go.

Last edited:
You just keep making me more intrigued! :D

I have unhealthy penchant for that sort of headspace. Like literally unhealthy, when years ago doing loads of PCP and ketamine I had times thinking I was actually inducing a schizophreniform disorder. I feel much better now but I honestly don't know if I permanently changed the way my brain functions at some very core levels!

But yeah, by everything I've read and heard, diphenidine would be just about the worst introduction to dissociatives....maybe with the exception of MK-801!

Last edited:
Basically, there's a high chance you'll just be wondering whether aliens have stolen your brain or someone poisoned you and you're dead. If that sorta shit sounds appealing to you, you might as well give it a go.

hahaha i remember being so offended from my friend asking me "why are you doing this to me?! please stop!" and i was like "dude you gave me a dose not the other way around"
and he is a hardcore dissociative user. so just start with small doses even if you are experienced there is no telling if its going to be hell or heaven

hahaha i remember being so offended from my friend asking me "why are you doing this to me?! please stop!" and i was like "dude you gave me a dose not the other way around"
and he is a hardcore dissociative user.
Ahahaha that made me laugh. Nice one.

Ketamine would actually be an excellent start and it's the only one with at least some controlled trials out there when it comes to utilizing it's antidepressant effects. There are also guides for ketamine dosing schedules on bluelight if you try to use it as an antidepressant.
This times 1000. Great advice. ketamine is a really good beginers dissociative because of the short duration, and because it has a lot to offer in small doses as well.

It's still not for every one. I think it's a bit of an aquired taste too, for some people. But I guess that's dissociatives in a nutshell.

This times 1000. Great advice. ketamine is a really good beginers dissociative because of the short duration, and because it has a lot to offer in small doses as well.

It's still not for every one. I think it's a bit of an aquired taste too, for some people. But I guess that's dissociatives in a nutshell.
First time I did Ketamine, my online friend advised me to make 5 50mg bumps (racemic k! you need half of that for s isomer which unfortunately is more common these days) and then snort one of them each time I'm feeling the last one, which is roughly every 5 minutes. This way you get to experience the full beauty of the k hole while still being able to stop if it's not your thing. After I felt the first bump I snorted the other 200mg at once and fell in love lol.

Low doses have a bit more pronounced side effects for me that I simply won't feel during a hole until I come out of it. I've heard qutie a few ketamine first timers say "i don't know what to think, it was weird, kinda unpleasant" simply because they took it with other people, lights on, music playing, sub-hole doses. Don't get me wrong, it can be nice with others, but aiming for a hole is really the best way to experience it imho.

Whichever way you look at it though, as Fagott has pointed out, it's amazing for first timers because of it's short duration. Being locked in angel dust hell for what will feel like a day (really closer to 6 or 7 hours insufflated ime) is nothing I'd recommend as a first time dissociative experience.

Also, I totally agree that dissociatives are much more an acquired taste than psychedelics. Ketamine is the easiest to just enjoy from day 1, the others are really nothing anyone would call enjoyable (or only very very few people). Some people though simply won't take enjoyment in this class of drugs at all, not ever. It's not for everyone.

Last edited:
I've been experiencing something which I found quite remarkable. I frequently have dreams in which I enter the headspace that I associate with diphenidine. It's not like I am taking a drug in those dreams or feel like I am under the influence of one, but a switching between realities. E.g. in a dream I had last night there was a room that would take me into this state whenever I entered it.

I've taken my fair share of substances (close to 200) and some of them on a regular basis, but nothing like this has ever happened to me. Sure there have been dreams in which I got intoxicated, but this is not the case with these dreams. It's like I added a new state to the repertoire of states my mind had already known. This is after only having taken diphenidine for 6 times total.

The more experience I gather with this dissociative the more I realize how profound the changes are my brain seems to undergo while I'm under it's influence. To be honest, I figured I should probably go easy on the stuff because whatever long term effects there are, they might be just as profound and potentially not very helpful in leading a functional life.

Still though, those dreams were fucking amazing, every single one. This stuff impresses the shit out of me. There is only a very small number of chemicals that have ever intrigued me like this one (DMT, ketamine, pcp, but all that fascination is pretty much gone as of now, except maybe for DMT). I have a feeling there could be a whole lot of things I could do on it, if I put my mind to it. Even large doses can be extremely dull and uneventful sometimes, but then I've also had moments on it that simply have left me speechless, most notably the travelling into different realities where for example I could be a whole different person, with a different past and everything. This makes me wonder what more there is to be experienced. I'm most intrigued by it's seemingly intricate connection to dreaming. A lot of what I experience on it reminded me of dream states. I have a hard time even classifying this as a dissociative along with all the others, it just seems to be so much more (and arguably less on some levels).

As is easy to notice, I completely fell in love with this one. I had a feeling I'd like it when I read the first reports, but I never imagined I'd be this fucking fond of it. I wonder if the creators of this have any idea whatsoever what beast they have unleashed, maybe someone should drop them an email lol.^^

Diphenidine WARNING (orally vs. internasal)
I tried Diphenidine as a substitute for Ketamine. After hammering mountains of K over the years my tolerance had grow so much that it was costing me a bomb and I wasn't really getting much from it. I thought Id try Diphenidine and methoxetamine as they seemed to be the two substitutes on the research chemical market.

I'd always insufflated/sniffed ketamine, so I tried the same with these two. I found the methoxetamine fairly easy on the nose but didn't really do much, the Diphenidine on the other hand was horrible to sniff and blocked my nose up almost straight away. I persevered with it, but found it didn't really do much. The next night, when I had about 1/3 of the bag left (310mg to be precise, I weight it out of curiosity).. I decided to take it orally... all at once BIG MISTAKE!

At first I was happy that it was actually giving me a hit - and was a nice feeling (similar to ketamine), but the feeling got stronger, and stronger and stronger..until I was completely fucked. ! I started to shit myself as I knew I could do nothing about the stuff already my stomach, and ended up staggering upstairs and telling my wife I thought I was going to die. (not properly concious at this point, obviously)

The next part I can't remember myself but was told my by wife and the paramedics/doctors....

I asked her to ring my an ambulance but couldn't talk properly enough to explain what I'd taken/done. Ended up being taken to A&E in an ambulance and woke up three hours later attached to loads of monitoring equipment in a hospital bed! In the meantime I'd apparently tried to stand up in this bed (attached to all the equipment) had had to be restrain by the security people. I can't remember any of this!

Anyway the reason I've bothered to write this post (I usually just read other people's posts) is to warn everyone that:

1) D
iphenidine taken orally is completely different to sniffing it.
The latter does nothing apart from block your nose, the former can to what I've described above!)

2) An oral dose of 310mg of
diphenidine is far too high.
I'd even already read on other posts that 50-100mg was recommended , and 125mg was a very high oral dose, but thought I could handle more due to my ketamine history/tolerance, and the fact that sniffing ~600mg the previous nights had done nothing to me. Silly boy!

So that's my story. If you do plan to try
diphenidine, DO take it orally, but DON'T take more than a very small quantity at first.

Apologies if you've read this post before, I just wanted to spread the warning around as much as possible to prevent anyone else ending up in A&E and wasting the resources of the already overstretched paramedics and nurses (who were fantastically nice to me considering how stupid I'd been!)

edit2: so... any more anecdotes about iv experiments? any info appreciated, even external links to 1st hand iv reports.

Yes - I tried 310mg orally, blacked out for ~4 hours and woke up in A&E. There's a marker for you!

Yes - I tried 310mg orally, blacked out for ~4 hours and woke up in A&E. There's a marker for you!
Dude I was talking about IV trials which I made pretty clear. I can understand why you wouldn't read the whole thread, but one sentence?

I really appreciate that you at least came here to create an account and warn people of what happens if they are as reckless as you. I will try hard not to offend you here, but please bear with me if I do because I really really feel like it right now.

You apparently did not read a single word about this chemical other than it being a dissociative. You could have easily found out that snorting this chemical is pretty much the worst thing you can do. I will never understand why people feel the urge to put everything they get their hands on up their nose. It's an extremely nasty roa and I know very few chemicals where it would actually be best suited. You could have also easily found out that 150mg would be an appropriate oral dosage for a person experienced with other dissociatives. Would've taken you 20 seconds.
What you took wasn't even a dose I would consider dangerous with what we have hear so far. It was twice a starter's dose. It would've simply had you black out, just like 500mg ketamine would. What caused your stay in the hospital is lack of knowledge about this, or in other words: fear, again in other words: You couldn't handle your shit. ;)

If you want to contribute to these forums, you get your whole folder from hospital, digitalize everything that's not already digital and let us have a look. If anything was even slightly out of the ordinary, we might at least get a hint of any potential risks that come with diphenidine.

That being said, I have zero dissociative tolerance (but many years of experience with said class of drugs) and 230mg was a great single dose the last time I did it. Not too far from yours at all now, is it? It is simply an extremely strong dissociative, but out of all the ones I've tried it's my number one. A kickass drug that takes time to be understood and appreciated. If you really love your dissociatives, read through this thread and consider giving a smaller dose a chance. If you are a fan of the surreal, take a fancy in lucid dreaming, are curious about existing in multiple universes at a time, experiencing whole lives of fictitious characters, assuming different identities and other very wild stuff that I have yet to find out, this is the drug you want to try.

Unfortunately it has been given a very bad name by those who can't work their way up dosage wise or simply cannot handle their shit.

One question: Were the people in the ambulance/hospital told the name of the substance by your wife?

It would be extremely interesting to see the records, you could send them to me personally and anonymize them first (or just give me your trust, but that's unlikely given your nickname^^). The scene might profit off this.

Please be safe in the future and thoroughly read up about drugs before you take them. Also always measure out your doses...

Last edited:
I've had some intriguing experiences combining this substance with a few combos, so I figured I'd find someplace to share.

First, 40mg Diph + 354mg DXM produced an absolutely phenomenal dream state that mostly faded from memory after a day or two, sadly. From what I can remember, I found it extremely comfortable and the usual stomach cramps were strangely absent, plus DXM's unique music euphoria was enhanced considerably. The afterglow was really something else, it felt like what I'd imagine my ideal antidepressant to be like. I wish I remembered more, I'll definitely be giving it another shot in the not too distant future.

The bread and butter of my experience with diphenidine thus far would have to be the way it compliments psychedelics. I've done both 5-MeO-MiPT and 4-AcO-MET with it on a few occasions in varying doses. The pure, raw dissociation diphenidine produces by itself is the coldest I've ever experienced, but it allowed the tryptamines to burn with an astoundingly bright fullness that reached every corner of my consciousness without causing irrational fear or becoming stifling in the least.

I couldn't ask for a better stage to be set for dropping psychs. Even when going over 12mg of 5-Meo-MiPT or pushing past 40mg of the -MET, there was never any sense that the trip was being guided by anyone other than myself. I was gently but firmly drawing back a curtain on things I already knew rather than the distasteful sensation of having my mind regurgitating a runaway imagination like my 42mg 4-HO-DET trip, nor was it like my 30mg+ 4-AcO-DMT trips where it always felt like naïve questions were being muttered into my psyche regarding existence when I had already come to peace with them during my jaunts with 80X Salvia.

The most incredible of my trips was also the one with the worst planning; that wild night's menu looked roughly like this:

T - 0:00 - 5.4g Gabapentin spaced out fairly evenly over the following 3 hours starting now
T - 0:45 - 110mg Diphenidine, 7/10mg 5-MeO-MiPT/4-AcO-MET (all oral)
T - 1:30 - 25mg Diazepam and I pull out my bong at this point (benzos generally compliment psychedelics very well for me, but I was questioning the safety of this decision immediately after I ate them)
T - 2:00 - 20mg Diazepam and 30mg Diphenidine, there's a rare and pleasant synergy taking place here that I was certain I wouldn't recall a speck of at the time, so I decided to indulge a tad more
T - 2:45 - Things are kicked into full gear at this point, I'm completely immersed and time is neither here nor there.

Engulfed in the most profound sense of utter peace and comprehension combined with proportion losing all relevance, my body was left completely and utterly behind yet I could still sense it like an organic anchor of sorts. I revisited the structure of the godhead from a broader perspective than I've ever approached it from before. Without the limiting label of "human" to dam the swift river of meaning with uncertainty and apprehension, I recognized it clear as day as being our own unique constants filling the fundamental variable(s) in the formula that determines the unfolding of any given universe within a particular range.

Upon grasping that this extraordinary complexity is tantamount to consciousness, the view broadened further still and I understood our universe and all its native entities to be but a single bud nearing bloom sitting on a twig shooting off a branch of a truly colossal gatherer of light and knowledge that can be likened to a tree, a metaphor that simultaneously doesn't seem to do it justice yet captures its nature flawlessly. Each bud was a universe, with the closeness and positioning of its neighbors representing the degree to which their fundamental constants differ from one another.

I found myself unable to maintain steady attention towards our "tree" for long as the pressure of a larger truth, long forgotten and greatly missed, continued to build around me. Like a bolt of lightning attracted to a lightning rod on a skyscraper, it struck me in an instant that our tree was one of countless others of innumerable types, shapes, and every other variable trait imaginable, forming something like an endless forest acting as a vast garden for the cultivation of experience, not knowledge, as knowledge is something seemingly in overabundance here. Where this knowledge was located came to me in the same instant the question arose, as that answer was quite an obvious one by this point. It was the essence this forest had entrenched its collective root system deep within to sap a boundless energy that was willingly being given.

After all this, the last realization felt like the lightest, easiest, and most gentle of them all. A moment that's best summed up as a breathless "ah.." washed over me as my identity returned to me. This luminescent, lush, incredibly fine material that emanated such grandeur was the only thing I could be comfortable identifying as "self" not because of an undeserved ego, but because anything less would almost be insulting.

I drifted off in this state of immense relief and the night finally took me. Speaking of being taken, I think I'll be continuing where I left off. I need to lay down, I have a plane to catch...

Lucid as ever as long as I keep it on a single stream of thought, hyperthreading keeps things flowing in a stabilized manner. It's just the pure sensation of the platonic ideal of experience itself unfolding, to call it euphoria is laughable.

Wow, thanks a lot for your contribution. I tried combining with DMT and had similarly impressive results and others had even suspected it would go very well with psychedelics before having taken it, simply judging by the reports.

It really does seem like the perfect dissociative to combine with psychedelics. Unfortunately I cannot currently take the latter, due to being worried about interactions with lithium...

Last edited:
Reading these reports, I am starting to become interested in diphenidine. Not sure if I'll ever try it but I will if the opportunity presents itself at this point, as opposed to before saying I never cared to try it.

Thanks Sprack, that was a beautiful write-up, inspiring. :)

Reading these reports, I am starting to become interested in diphenidine. Not sure if I'll ever try it but I will if the opportunity presents itself at this point, as opposed to before saying I never cared to try it.

Thanks Sprack, that was a beautiful write-up, inspiring. :)
I had a sense of deja vu when I read your post, man. Just get it over with lol. ;) I personally can never be arsed to acquire drugs anymore, since generally I figure they'll do more harm then good in my life.
This was very different with diphenidine, even when people were exclusively badmouthing it I figured it's a winner. I just couldn't resist the urge to get some of it.

And I totally agree, he did write a very nice report there.

Over enthusiasts & casualties are equally deplorable. With the amount of rchems being pushed the past few years the majority of these colorful reports reek of shillery IMO...

That being said, i've really enjoyed my sessions with diphenidine lately. If you can handle pure mania, the experience is nothing short of sublime