• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Diphenhydramine Thread

How much do you weigh? I usually need 200mg to get a buzz, I've never even heard of anyone tripping at such a low dose.

Oh one more thing,when taking DPH in dosages beyond about 150mg jacking of because fucking AMAZING. Orgasams suddenly becone 100x strong and last 2-3x as long, if you douse DPH for any reason, remember this

I weigh around 210lbs. I only take 100mg to get some kind of enjoyable sedation, I guess I kind of enjoy the sleepyness that it gives me. I don't take it to "trip", I use for it's intended purpose; for sleep and for when I get stung by bees.

I weigh around 210lbs. I only take 100mg to get some kind of enjoyable sedation, I guess I kind of enjoy the sleepyness that it gives me. I don't take it to "trip", I use for it's intended purpose; for sleep and for when I get stung by bees.

Wow you must being extremely sensitive to DPH then. I'm about 180 and I usually need about 200-225 for a nice sedative effect, that is the sedative feeling along with some euphoira, if I was using it as a sleep aid I'd probably only take the normal dosages

I saw the spiders at around 200mg; not much fun imo. All my true psychedelic experiences from DPH can be characterized as uncomfortable and not worth it.

I am a heavy diphen user with year+ experience (drug of choice) and spend alot of time researchimg this interesting compound and its effects.while i must agree orgasm on diphen is incredible, I have read reports of people suffering from erectile dysfunction after engaging in sexual stimulation on this drug and would advise against masturbation/sex while taking it
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/652033-Unique-New-Drugs-of-choice

Diphenhydramine works it's magic way better when it's dark (like DXM). Dyphenhydramine CAN be very interesting and entertaining....but it's unpredictable, possibly dangerous (per the individual) and you have to have a strong hold of your mind to know what's real and what isn't. This is the key! I've even heard of people writing post-it notes everywhere saying "None of this is real". No joke. It can be THAT intense and terrifying, especially if you're not at all used to psychedelics. I wouldn't even recommend this at all if you've never used a Psychedelic drug. Even for people who are experienced with Acid and Shrooms (like myself) and have used DXM countless times (like myself lol), diphenhydramine is incredibly unique and deserves heavy mental preparation and respect to the before you tamper with high doses. Work your way up from small doses. It's just like any other psychedelic (for the most part)...have an open mind and prepare. I VERY MUCH recommend taking say, 50-75mg, every 45 minutes instead of taking a whole bunch at once (to gauge your tolerance if for the first time). In my opinion, this should be done whether a first timer or not. Diphenhydramine causes incredibly believable hallucinations. These hallucinations are completely different than normal psychedelics. This is why Diphenhydramine is considered a "dileriant" and not a "psychedelic", just like Datura, Morning Glory, Nightshade, etc. All of a sudden things just start appearing and they look completely real. You can and will be caught off guard constantly which is why I mentioned having mental strength and experience with hallucinogens and working up from low doses. This is not to deter anybody from trying it for the first time. Not at all. Just know what you're getting into, read other people's experiences and do some research beforehand. Last thing I'll say is this. Think of this drug and the events that will take place during your trip, as a very vivid, lucid dream (because in essence, that's what it is). Have you ever had a dream where you wake up and thought the events that took place really happened?? That is EXACTLY how diphenhydramine is. If anybody has a questions, please feel free to message me. Also, if on Anti-Depressants...I would strongly suggest staying completely away from this and pretty much anything to alter your state of mind. I had a horrible trip on twenty three 25mg Diphenhydramine tablets. I'm on 200mg Wellbutrin (an Anti-Depressant) twice a day and have been for a couple months. I didn't even put that into consideration. That being said, I'm not going to risk my life anymore. It just wasn't worth the strain it put my body through...especially my heart. Anyways, Be safe everyone.

Dipenhydramine has Ssri properties. In low doses it also combines extremely well with alcohol, nitrous, dxm, or opiates.

300mg of Diphenhydramine with your preferred dose of diazepam is one of my favourite combos. The diazepam blankets the more 'unpleasant' elements of the DPH trip (think of it as spider killer), whilst adding a nice sedation that seems to overpower the anti-histamine sluggishness. But a word of warning: this combination can really fuck you up. An example:

Earlier in the day on which I decided to take this combination I'd had a home visit from a community mental health nurse, which went really well and left me feeling positive and enthusiastic. Taking advantage of this mindset I took the drugs. Pretty shortly I found myself in the room I;d had my visit, chatting merrily away to the nurse, utterly oblivious to the fact that none of this was real. I even got up to go and make her a cup of tea, but to my surprise on returning the room was now empty. I shouted for my mother, 'Mum, mum! Where's Jo gone?'
'Jo's not here...'
'But i made her a cup of tea and everything.'
'...Tell me what you've taken. Do I need to call an ambulance?'

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who's combined DPH with Pregabalin. Could have potential.

This is a harm reduction forum, encouraging unsafe behavior is not acceptable.

~Never

Last edited by a moderator:
i can never take alot of dramamine without passing out...no matter how hard i try.....
as for mixing with dxm, ive only had bottles of cough syrup which was fun aside from all the sugar in my stomach and vomiting......i wouldnt mind trying dxm in its pure powder form...i imagine is it like a ketamine disassosiative high?

I don't know about it in its pure powder form but cvs makes a knock off robitussin gel cap thats 15mg of dxm and thats it. I'm actually trying it at the moment but with it being my first time and being cautious i seriously under did the dosage i think. 90mg (1.52mg/kg) so at the moment if i move my head to fast it takes minute for my mind to catch up and music sounds pretty good but that's about it. (typically take hydrocodone syrups but figure id try something else)

when i took 650mg of diphenhydramine i lost mmy mind. it was terrible i was confused and lost in my own house, petting cats that are non esistant

I've done it several times, the most I've ever done was 325mgs (13x25mg tabs)

Anyways, I did have some worthwhile experiences, but its a pretty nasty drug, its just so... Gross feeling, and the hallucinations are so gloomy. The whole trip just feels kind of dark and depressing. I almost want to puke just looking at those nasty pink pills now.

This is a harm reduction forum, encouraging unsafe behavior is not acceptable.

~Never

my bad. I was just pointing out that he most likely hasnt had any OEV with dxm because he didnt take a high enough dose, im not saying taking a high dose of dxm is good because its not

^Just say that next time instead of saying that they're being too much of a pussy or however you phrased it. Also, folks don't consistently experience OEVs with dissociatives, so ymmv on that. Now I'm dragging this off topic, back to the DPH.

DPH trip experiences

I've recently started experimenting with DPH. From what I've seen online, (I always do research before trying something new) almost every DPH testimony is negative. I however haven't ever had a bad trip, and I'm curious to what others have recently experienced. I don't know if it's because I don't exceed 300mg, or what. But most of my experiences have been rather pleasant. I only do it once a month because from what I've read constant DPH use can really fuck up your brain, but I'm interested into why everyone else has awful trips and why I don't. So please respond with any info/story you would like to share! :)

different chems effect people different ways. I myself. have never had a "bad" trip on dph and I actually went through a phase even when I had access to almost all psychadelics imaginable that I actually really liked dph. the delirium of hearing people call your name while your walking
down a street with Absolutely nobody on it is kinda cool to me. either way alotta people hate it some like it.