• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Diphenhydramine Thread

The majority of my trips have been anywhere between 300 and 450mg, and one with 650mg. The heavy trip had the same auditory effects with again no visual (besides some slight morphing.

When i took 500mg the amount of people and voices talking to me was insane. In terms of visuals i had a few every now and then and definitely had the cobwebs/smoke/light fractions you can play with. What is your body weight, if you are heavier than the average person then you may require more. But truly it can get out of hand so don't over do it!!

Merged this, as we normally do. If there is little traffic because I merged it you get my permission to bump it some time or another. But keep it reasonable.

i ate half a pack of benadryl (50mg) about 600mg and i was sedated and later fell asleep through the plateau , very hungover not a very good experience , maybe i missed the best part but i dont really care

what kind of doses have you been taking? I notice the auditory part whenever I trip on the stuff (main reason I like it, makes electronic music VERY interesting) but I've only ever seen anything that wasn't there above like 500-600mg
chances are falling asleep WAS the best part ;)

Benadryl

Okay, ya ya, I know this seems stupid but I did this in the past. I decided to take benadryl since the last time I had auditory and visual CEVs and OEVs (Hallucinations that were real as looking at my hand! This will be the last time considering it's been 12 years since I last dosed.

#1. How many to hallucinate?
#2 Howw many should I take?

A kind response without a lecture would be nice. P.s. Has anybody had these hallucinations off Benadryl (seeing spiders and things completely move as if it were absolutely real?)

Thanks guys

If I were you I would take 200 mg's and less to enjoy the drug and not try to see spiders and whatnot.

Ya I was thinking to start off with 150-200mg Benadryl and work my way up after i see I'm ok

I take 100MG of it every night and that dose no more than maybe 150mg for some reason enhances physical senses and similar to MDMA or any Stimulant really. Try masterbating or having sex if possible it feeels unbelievably improved and much more great.

http://www.erowid.org/pharms/diphenhydramine/diphenhydramine.shtml

You might want to start there before posting about it next time. All the information you seek is readily accessible whenever you want it man, try searching first.

As far as diphenhydramine goes though, I tried it once at about 300 mg and experienced no effects aside from drowsiness and slightly increased sensitivity to music. I tried an equivalent dose of dimenhydrinate (Dramamine) and experienced slight wall patterning, extreme paranoia, and a few shadow people out of the corner of my eye; basically comparable to slight amphetamine psychosis. Not a whole lot of fun.

If you do decide to try it just bear in mind that dph is a deliriant and the hallucinations it produces are often described as terrifying and/or difficult to distinguish from reality (depending upon dose). But then again, some people really like it so use your best judgement I guess.

Also fair warning you will not be able to sleep if things get too intense for you. I tried this once....never again.

I don't see the point of trying to get high from benedryl. I take it so I can get some sleep and that's it. Anything more than 75 mg gives me rebound scratchy throat drip and drymouth in the morning but I have sinus trouble.

Diphenhydramine (the active chemical in Benadryl) is not a psychedelic its a deliriant. Other drugs in this family include tropane alkaloids most notably atropine, scopolamine, and hyoscyamine which are found in Datura stramonium (Jimson Weed) and Atropa belladonna (deadly nightshade). Deliriants induce a state of delirium (hence the name) along with a shitty body load (kinda like shrooms but 1000x worse) The experience is pretty much akin to taking a stroll through Silent Hill while melancholy drunk. DPH is pretty much schizophrenia in a pill. I know you don't want a lecture but let me give you my advice, don't fuck around with DPH. Deliriants are not fun drugs and a take a particularly fucked up individual to to enjoy them.

That being said I personal think the best way to take DPH is take about 200-225mg (I weigh about 180btw) You get really nice sedation and even mild euphoria, so just pop it before you go to bed.

If you want to trip you need to take at least 700mg. In addition to have some of the most terrifying realistic hallucinations of your life you will also feel like complete shit, i.e. complete restlessness horrible dry mouth (imaginable the worst cotton mouth you've ever had, then imagine scrubbing your tongue with a piece of burning sand paper) and being completely fucking confused, followed by the worst fucking hangover of your life. Keep in mind this is fucking horrible for you body and brain.

Head over to 420chan.org/del/ and taimapedia.org/index.php?title=DPH for more info

Just a side note Dramamine (Dimenhydrinate) is no different from DPH, its simply the DPH salt combined with a mild stimulint, so each pill only contain about 60% as much DPH so you need to take twice as much

But seriously just don't fuck with deliriants

UGH. i used to overuse diphenhydramine in high school, and it was totally unpleasant and just to alter myself in some way.

i find it totally insulting when i'm offered hydroxyzine for anxiety because it's basically the same fucking feeling.

dried out, weird, unpleasant, icky. on one high dose i thought for sure my heart would stop. like was said above, i was unable to sleep and was awake clutching at my chest for quite some time.

not sure what is so great about hallucinating little spindly spiders either.

I usually use 25-50mg for sleep, if I want some kind of buzz I'll take 100-125mg and its kind of enjoyable. But you're barking up the wrong tree if you think you'll get ANY enjoyable trips from DPH. Most I took was probably 225mg ONCE. Made me feel super heavy and messed up, also I couldn't stop moving my legs like they hurt and moving was the only thing that made them feel better. Then I seen two red dots, like eyes from an animal, that started to scare the shit out of me. This was in the dark so I quickly shut my eyes and tried to fall asleep. Don't remember much after that.

I usually use 25-50mg for sleep, if I want some kind of buzz I'll take 100-125mg and its kind of enjoyable. But you're barking up the wrong tree if you think you'll get ANY enjoyable trips from DPH. Most I took was probably 225mg ONCE. Made me feel super heavy and messed up, also I couldn't stop moving my legs like they hurt and moving was the only thing that made them feel better. Then I seen two red dots, like eyes from an animal, that started to scare the shit out of me. This was in the dark so I quickly shut my eyes and tried to fall asleep. Don't remember much after that.

How much do you weigh? I usually need 200mg to get a buzz, I've never even heard of anyone tripping at such a low dose.

Oh one more thing,when taking DPH in dosages beyond about 150mg jacking of because fucking AMAZING. Orgasams suddenly becone 100x strong and last 2-3x as long, if you douse DPH for any reason, remember this

IMO DPH always sucks, regardless of dose. It does exactly what its class implies, it makes you delirious. I've always compared it to the feeling of having a 103 fever and trying to fall asleep and just jerking around because you keep thinking someone's calling you or opening the door. I took 650 mgs one time(I was on a farm for a week with my family and couldn't remember the dosage, I remembered it being around there, maybe I confused it with dramamine?) and I was just laying in bed all night thinking that I was getting up and talking to people and shit and then I would just realize I did absolutely nothing and was just laying in bed the whole time. Even if I didn't majorly OD that one time, it always sucks, IMO.

Don't take diphenhydramine to get a buzz - it's more fun reading stories on Erowid about people who have rather than doing it yourself. It's not a good drug to trip on.

The only things you should use Benadryl for are antinausea/antihistamine medication, as an opioid potentiator, and as a last-resort sleep aid. Not as a hallucinogen.

As otherts have pointed out, DPH is a deleriant similar to belladonna ro datura. It can make you really uncomfortable and make you have terrifyying hallucinations if you overdose. If you underdose you won't see anything - at best you'll get really groggy and fall asleep. Unless you're a sadomasochist most people consider Nutmeg to be a better buzz... and that's saying something.

WOW! What a huge mistake I made. I took 500mg the night I posted this (before reading the warning replies on here), and the trip was horrible! My heart hurt very much as well as my whole body, I couldn't walk without slamming into something, I felt like I weighed a ton. All words on my computer or IPhone looked like a different language, I kept hearing random noises and voices like full blown conversations and nobody was home, Spiders were everywhere but I knew I was tripping (for some reason the auditory hallucinations we're way more frightening). Man, so many more hallucinations but I can't remember it all. Worst Idea Ever! (other than taking 800mg of Wellbutrin). I posted THAT experience in Psychedelics and urge people to read it if ever considering messing with Antidepressants. Anyways, to hell with that much Benadryl! Yet another naive, impulsive and foolish decision I've made. You live and learn...and I sure did learn the hard way.

Yet another naive, impulsive and foolish decision I've made. You live and learn...and I sure did learn the hard way.

Seems you've been learning something about yourself. I'm glad for that :)

I hope you find yourself some safer chems to trip on in the future.

As somebody who has played around quite a bit with everything, I really recommend seeking out lsd. There's really nothing quite like it for tripping, and it's relatively safe as well. I don't trust the NBOMEs. Had 300ug recently and was very sick with a rough come-up. And the LD50 on that stuff is pretty darn low.