• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Diphenhydramine Thread

I feel like most people on Bluelight think that people who do DPH are just kids looking to get "messed up". While this is true for the majority, I am quite different. Last time I took 300mg and redosed up to 600mg, this time I'm going to start with 500mg. It can be a cool, interesting drug if you're smart about using it.

I feel like most people on Bluelight think that people who do DPH are just kids looking to get "messed up". While this is true for the majority...

That right there made me ignore the post.

If you have to back-up yourself up on what a majority of people might perceive you as, it's time for self awareness...

Diphenhydramine is a really udderly stupid drug to abuse. It will kill you at those doses.

It is very very bad for your heart in higher doses and will give you a random heart attack or stoke...

I highly advise anyone taking elephant doses to at least consider buying booze instead... That is way less acutely toxic... LOL

No, I was just admitting that the majority of people do use it irresponsibly. Blame the user, not the substance. In doses less than 800mg, DPH is a fun and relatively safe drug.

Blame the user, not the substance. In doses less than 800mg, DPH is a fun and relatively safe drug.

Obviously blame the user...

Most users who abuse this drug are stupid in the fact that there is no safe way to abuse this drug.

A safe dose is half of the dose you mentioned.

You will create blood pressure problems for yourself if you keep dosing that high.

I don't see why people keep bashing on those who actually find some value in experiencing true hallucinations in an anticholinergic delirium. It is dangerous for sure, deadly even in rare cases. But then again isn't scoring a bag of H from your street dealer and shooting it up your veins just as dangerous? I rarely see anyone hating on heroin addicts for being "stupid" here, eventhough they run the risk of dying with every novel bag that comes their way. And for what? What makes their experience objectively more recreationally valuable than a delirium? We should remind ourselves what "recreational" really means here... Ofc opiate use is easier to understand, since opiates cause a considerable degree of euphoria in most people and most of us also have some regressive tendencies to some degree.

I've personally only experienced full-blown delirium once, but I honestly wouldn't want to miss the experience! It's something that no other class of drugs can offer. Experiencing another ephemeral religious revelation on a breakthrough dose of DMT or testifying my unconditional love to whomever is sitting next to me on 150mg MDMA seems pretty bland and undesirable from where I am standing today and I'd be a lot more tempted to reach for a deliriant if I want to experience something fresh and unique.

Last edited:
When I take diphen I have the same hallucinations every time. Like cats, people I know, and spiders lots of spiders. Does anyone else have this effect? Or is it more diverse as far as the visual aspect goes for you?

When I take diphen I have the same hallucinations every time. Like cats, people I know, and spiders lots of spiders. Does anyone else have this effect? Or is it more diverse as far as the visual aspect goes for you?
I've been wondering why many people disregard hallucinations that happen in delirium as "random" or disconnected from the self. Maybe you could try to interpret whatever it is you experience in detail the same way you would interpret a dream. While dissociatives and psychedelics often give me the sensation that what I am experiencing is extremely profound, it often is not when I look back at the experience. It might just be the other way around for the content of deliria. Dreams have helped me tackle issues that have been keeping my subconsciousness busy many times, eventhough many of the elements in my dreams are just random bits of sensory input processed during the previous day (random trash). I know what cats and spiders respectively mean to me when they occur in a dream, what do they mean to you? Which people do you see and could it be that you should take a closer look at some aspects of your relationship with them? Even if the content was completely disconnected from who you are, attempts at interpretation are a great way to stimulate yourself cognitively.

That being said, seeing spiders (also mice and other critters) seems to be a very common occurence in a delirium. ;D

Diphenhydramine HCl Testing

Hello, everyone. I have been doing research on the "trips" people experience on Diphenhydramine. I have also done alot of experimenting on myself using the "equate" off-brand of benedryl.

The first night I tried this... I had the mindset of "I'm gonna trip balls" and basically, I didn't take enough at first. I took 125mg, then 2 hours later took 150mg. After taking the first dosage, I didn't experience anything other than paranoia, and a slight stomach ache. After the second dosage, I had very vivid, frightening "hallucinations". I knew they werent real AFTER they had happened. I spider crawled on my leg, I crushed it on my leg, when I raised my hand to look there was nothing there. I searched for 30 minutes, then came to the conclusion that it didn't actually happen. I was very lightheaded, but too uncomfortable to relax. I came down a few hours later.

The next night, I decided to try to take a larger dose. I took 400mg and experienced very strange vision blurs... Posters seem to slide up the walls slowly and if I looked into dark corners I could see bright flashes of colors. I was extremely paranoid at this dosage. But, because of being curious, I took an additional 200mg. I became very drowzy. I fought this feeling for about an hour, after which my body began to feel very heavy. I was scared I was going to die when I looked at my chest and saw it thumping with my pounding heartbeat. I touched my chest and felt nothing, so I assumed this was another hallucination. I continued on my "trip" not feeling very good. I went to bed having conversations in my head, talking with my friends, even going to other places (restaurants, homes, etc.) only to realize I was still at home in bed when I opened my eyes. I eventually fell asleep.

Now, SWIM came over to hang out one night and took a total of 750mg. But... He took 350mg, then he took 200mg 30 minutes later, then 100mg 30 minutes later, then 50mg 30 minutes after that. He had a vivid hallucination of deer fighting in the road while we were outside, experienced similar vision blurs and minor "trips" as I did. Nothing much after that.

The next night, I decided I would take a lower dosage. I took 300mg, sat down and played some halo. After a couple games I started feeling pretty good. I became very relaxed, playing the game had distracted me from "waiting" for the effects to kick in. after about an hour, I took 50mg more. 15 minutes later I felt very light, my fingers felt good when I would wiggle them and everything was funnier. I thought it was a fluke. I stayed up 3 hours feeling this way. Then I went to bed and slept. I woke up and felt a bit of an afterglow, but it wasnt bad. I was slightly dazed, but very happy.

I decided to try this again, so I took the same dosage of 300mg, played some halo, then took 50mg more an hour later. This really seems to do the trick for me. So I decided to try it on the same SWIM who had stayed the night before last. About an hour passed and I game him 50mg more. He and I were watching netflix and he said it hit him out of nowhere and he felt "godly" and even went as far as to ask if it was the same thing he took last time. Our description of the feeling is very similar. It feels like you have smoked mary jane, but with some minor visuals. We have been doing this exact technique of taking diphenhyramine for about a week, and it seems to feel better each time.

My guess is you just have to get used to it, and find the right dose. I have truly enjoyed watching movies, playing games, and even just talking to my friends while using diphenhyramine.

!!BUT!!

When SWIM gave these pills, at this dosage to one of his friends, he didnt enjoy the experience, saying he felt "wobbly" and telling us he thought his mind and body had separated and that he was having an out of body experience. So this definitely has varying effects depending on who you are.

I post this why?

Because from most of my findings online, everyone is saying that this is just awful, which it is the first time. Just realize there is an upside for some.

Please feel free to ask questions, as Ive been doing this for awhile now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Homeless -> Psychedelic Drugs (Big & Dandy Diphenhydramine Thread)

Nasty stuff, but works well at 50mg for allergies or sleep. Bumping for prune.