• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Day vs Night Tripping Thread

I like both day tripping and night tripping.

I enjoyed taking long lasting psychedelics such as LSD during the day and then having the trip last through the night and coming down the next morning when the sun is rising and the new day has started.

I also enjoyed eating mushrooms at night in a high dose-which for me would be 2.0g since I have a low tolerance to them, and then tripping until the sun rises.

Night tripping seems like a more introverted experience to me, whereas tripping during the day just makes me realize how beautiful everything is, since I can see it all in such great definition and clarity. I prefer doing it during the day, but needs to be in the right setting. Close to my house is a huge state park that I usually go to if I want to trip during the day, it has always been a blast :)

I prefer day tripping with others and night tripping alone. Day tripping alone can be very nice but if I dose too early with most psychedelics I'm too worn out by the comedown to enjoy the rest of the day. Dosing in the late afternoon usually gives me the best of both worlds

I trip ONLY at night,so much better for so many reasons... the music events,the silence,the visuals.

Night is night..... but I understand some people are afraid of darkness

night and alone,thats how I like it... dark solo

...while listening to this song.

I like them both. Each is useful in their own right. Daytime gives you access to certain activities you can't have at night, particularly outdoor activities (hiking, sight-seeing, etc.). I also really enjoy the late afternoon sun and sunset anywhere, either outside or just in my apartment. Plus it is easier to get away with blasting the stereo.

Nighttime is more intimate because of the darkness, and of course is when people play the good music at the festivals.

I think that the perfect time to dose is 2pm for acid and 4pm for mushrooms. That way you have a good chunk of daylight before sunset and then a good chunk of night. Perfect.

Night tripping... I do enjoy day tripping, but its harder to just sit and enjoy it, plus you have to wear sunglasses or the sun really sucks. Night tripping, walking around the city, is amazing...plus most good parties happen at night

lsd first thing in the morning on the hottest and sunniest days of summer out at the cabin, absolute best environment for me

They both have their ups and downs. To me, tripping during night vs. day on the same substance is kind of like a totally different dynamic/trip - it's almost like taking two different drugs. So I really like to trip during the day and night on a substance to get the most out of it - then make a decision based on each substance. Currently about to try MG seeds at night, only have done it at day - very exciting!

Do you trip harder at night?

I think it makes a big difference. Night is quiet and moody, to the point where sometimes, I feel like I'm in an altered state apropros of dusk alone. It always enhances the experience for me, makes it dreamier and more surreal.

Visually, night is going to be stronger. Typical visuals come not from seeing things that aren't there, but in interpreting things more creatively. Branches on a tree become hanging bats. A painting in dim light looks like it's moving. In daylight, everything is clearer and hence more difficult to interpret. I've taken 1.25 tabs at night and spent the peak seeing gnashing hydras in trees and the entire Underworld plus the Greek pantheon in the clouds and aliens crawling on bedcovers. I've taken almost two of the same tabs in the day, and all that happened visually was, everything looked sleek and high-definition, running smoothly at 100fps, but not really distorting.

I tend to like night more anyway. Darker and full of hidden possibilities. Most psychedelics were meant for the night. Is it only me, or does everyone else notice this setting makes the trip a lot stronger?

Yeh I generally find I trip harder at night, for one darker = more shadows which means more visuals so I think that helps, and it's also a lot quieter so it's easier to sink into you're own thoughts rather than be distracted by things going on around you.

I also find it gives the trip itself a darker edge to it, somewhat less happy/bright than during the day. For introspection I much prefer tripping at night.

Could just be that I always start my trips in the evening and therefore the starts more recreational as there's people around and I'm doing shit and then latter on everyone goes to bed and I've got nothing to do but sit and trip though %)

Interesting, now that you ask I realize 80%of my trips were during night.. yeah I think I trip harder and better!

^ I find day trips are way better for blending out in public. Nothing screams suspicion more than a young male (or a few young males) wandering around smoking at 3am :sus:. Pretty funny though as despite looking like I'm about to commit a robbery I'm busy contemplating the meaning of life and admiring nature 8)

I find that if I lay down and try sleep it off its just goes into overdrive

That's because your mind is still way too wired and stimulated to sleep but especially that laying down and trying to sleep pretty much constitutes an attempt at sensory deprivation... something that is known to be psychedelic on it's own and it can certainly make things introspective, visionary and inescapable.

100% of my bad trips have occured at night. I think i'm more prone to a bad trip at night because I feel more limited...nobody is awake or around, nothing is open, going outside is more limited. I'm just way more prone to anxiety, but I don't think I actually trip harder.

That's because your mind is still way too wired and stimulated to sleep but especially that laying down and trying to sleep pretty much constitutes an attempt at sensory deprivation... something that is known to be psychedelic on it's own and it can certainly make things introspective, visionary and inescapable.
Yer thats why I do it now I know what it does that I do it intentionally
Very psycedlic

The only differences I notice when dosing at night are increased OEVs and not having to shield my eyes from light when viewing CEVs. My mindset takes a hit only when the environment is takes on an unfamiliar and/or negative aura. Or I psych myself into it. Dose is not a variable right now.