• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Day vs Night Tripping Thread

night mostly because its much much more quiet and peaceful and you can really lose yourself without distractions. of course if your living in a big city or a down town then thats not really true.

I like tripping during the day fairly early if possible I really dont like coming down from tripping after spending a whole day awake. If I drop at night I always end up exhausted at 3-7 in the morning but not able to sleep because my mind is still thinking real hard. Does anybody enjoy tripping in really heavy fog during the day? Specially if youre in a car stuff sort of poofs out of no where at you its quite funny looking.

Depends on the substance, also depends on my intent.

As a general rule, with some exceptions, the phenethylamines seem more suited to day trips, and the tryptamines are more for nighttime experiences.

But many exceptions to that rule.....MDA, MDMA, M1, etc are all night time experiences for me. 2C-T-7 works great at night, so does 2C-B. 2C-E is day-time only for me, its a very creepy and uncomfortable experience when taken at night (for me, YMMV).

Tryptamines all lend themselves to giving me very mystical experiences when I take them at night. Some exceptions are DMT, which is good to smoke any time of day.

I've never tried a-MT but I bet that would be best suited for daytime.

LSD is good any hour, but the night time experiences around a campfire are the most memorable.

Finally, if my intent is recreation I take a psychedelic during the day. If I am searching for something deeper than just fun...I take it at night.

Does anybody enjoy tripping in really heavy fog during the day? Specially if youre in a car stuff sort of poofs out of no where at you its quite funny looking.

Fog tripping is awesome! Day is cool, but riding in a car at night thru fog... the headlights are sublime while tripping! My late partner did a whole series of paintings (he was quite skilled) of deeply colored imagery of cars driving at night through deep fog, inspired by exactly that, riding in a car at night through fog while hugely tripping. Also, just taking a walk through the woods during a fog or misty conditions day or night while tripping borders on a mystical experience, IMO.

^^ Hahahah Fog tripping that sounds well good, haven't had the chance to try that yet!!

Depends on the drug for me, but i have to say i think i prefer tripping in the daytime because there's much more to see!

Day tripping vs. Night tripping

I've tripped twice and there may have been some other factors (it was the same batch), but it seemed to me that night and day are very different on LSD. The night was scary and i was more scared and uptight. The day was just beautiful and i took in all the colors and was totally chill and content with life. However night tripping seemed to make more hallucinations while day tripping was just visual effects and amazing colors.

Day tripping vs. Night tripping... what do you like better? I'm going w/ Day because the sun gleaming off plants and water and the sky is too amazing.

there's already a big & dandy about this somewhere, but I'll add my $0.02

my first trip was with wild psilocybes on a cool autumn seattle night. the sky was the deepest purple, brick pavement was an endless palette of oranges reds browns, grass glimmered with thousands of shades of green glinting off dewdrops, and streetlamps were bright yellow beacons of sodium gas. i could hear the sound of DNA being transcribed in every plant i touched or looked at.

sometimes day tripping feels to be a little too much stimulation of the retina, if one's pupils are at their full dilation. sunglasses are nice for situations like this. also day tripping in the city is surrounded by sober people, compared to city night when only the weirdos are out and about. i've only had a couple of day trips (compared to a dozen or so night trips) but the visuals are definitely wildly different.

some people say tryptamines like psilocin are 'designed' for night time, while phenethylamines like mescaline are 'designed' for daytime... i say your mileage may vary and it's always a complicated combination of set, setting, and dose :)

OP, im the complete opposite of you. day trips dont tend to allow me to 'let go' as they say. i always feel like there might be something i need to do. with LSD i like to dose about an hour or so before sun set. when its night time i feel like i have more freedom and less to worry about. but im the type that doesnt like to see sober strangers or family/friends when im tripping, i like to be at my own little tripping safe house. now if theres a nicely planned out day trip somewhere without worries, i think i might see if differently. but nothing beats a clear night sky on mushrooms, nothing! the stars swirl around and you can almost see how far space extends to.

Day Tripping is more subtle and relaxed.

Night Tripping is more intense.

I enjoy them both equally, apples and oranges to me.

I enjoy both day tripping(like paul) and night tripping but each one has its pros and cons.
For daytripping it is all about setting and how comfortable you feel at the place you are tripping. A secluded spot on the beach, under a tent, with the beach as your visual is top of the class. The sky melts into the water and you can't tell what is sky and what is water. The sun helps open eye visuals to be beautiful and full of life. The bad thing about daytripping is that you run more of a risk of running into other non-trippers who might not understand why you can't communicate with them :)

For night tripping I like to be indoors around people I trust(or alone). The closed eyes go off the best in a dark room where no light can enter.

Either way is good it is all about setting and the people around you.

I prefer day tripping because everything is more beautiful. You can walk outside and appreciate the world around you more. The night is beautiful too, but like you said, the trip tends to be a bit "darker".

This is a great question...but I really can't say. I've only tripped about four or five times, and all but one of those was during the day. (Mostly because I only had two days planned out each time, for the trip and then recovery, and didn't want to throw off my sleep schedule.) The time I tripped at night was my first time, and I was inside the whole time, so I can't really give any input there. One day I will trip at night again to get the full experience, now that I understand acid better, but until then, I feel I can only really talk about day tripping.

Which is great! I feel like the sun's vibrancy combined with the color-sharpening effects of acid makes the outside world beautiful while tripping. Each time I have tripped during the day I have taken a nice walk down to the river for the sole purpose of appreciating nature, and I love it. Also, it's enjoyable to use natural light when sitting inside, rather than fluorescent lighting. Granted, since tripping on acid lasts so long, and I usually don't start until 10 or 11 AM, it often gets dark outside while I'm tripping. But when the sun goes down, I take that as my cue to go indoors and do things there (often using blacklights and listening to music).

Maybe one day I'll go outside at night while tripping, but I don't know if that's the best idea in my town. Don't really live in a big city, though, so walking around at night might be suspicious and give greater risk to a run-in with the cops or shady types of people - both situations would be bad for a trip...

The night is beautiful too, but like you said, the trip tends to be a bit "darker".

a bit "darker"

kramerscared.gif

I'm going w/ Day because the sun gleaming off plants and water and the sky is too amazing.

I agree. I get more visuals in complete darkness but bright, colourful visuals are much better.

Plus tripping at night is just not as good a headspace for me. My body is used to being asleep and doesnt like being forced to stay awake all night.

I trip ONLY at night,so much better for so many reasons... the music events,the silence,the visuals.

Night is night..... but I understand some people are afraid of darkness

night and alone,thats how I like it... dark solo

(aplogies for off-topic but BTW Busty, LOVE the Kramer animgif, thanks! Saved it to spring on friends. Any idea what episode that's from? The way his hair bounces around is just crazy hilarious... skilled stylist to enable it to do that, haha!)

You know what I meant, but I had a feeling somebody would bring that up lol :p. Darker in the sense of the tone of the night. I was gonna say sinister at first, but I felt like that's too strong of a word heh.

I have tripped on the beach with blotters. and on the roof of my house. but each setting ive trippin has been at night. i cant wait until i find a good batch and make a weekend out of it.