• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy DALT (N,N-Diallyltryptamine) Thread

Alright, so I tried this stuff this morning. I'm still on it right now to an extent. I insufflated 40 mg up the left nostril and waited ten minutes to see what it did before deciding if I would do more. The most significant thing that I noticed was a steadily rising burn that was really persistent; it wasn't as bad as snorting 2C-I but it was maybe more throbbing. I suppose some people might not find it too bad if you're used to snorting psychedelics but I'm usually kind of sensitive to burns, and it's been a long time since I took anything that way. Anyway, the burn was bad, but there was barely anything else happening other than some very, very low threshold serotonin agonist effects for me like increased salivation and my skin feeling a little weird. If I really tried too I could make a little bit of visual flashing barely happen, but I can kind of do this while sober anyway. So at exactly T+0:10 I decided to insufflate for more. I had another 40 mg lined out but half way through the it I kind of reconsidered whether or not I really wanted to double the dose just yet since I've heard incredibly little about this drug, so I just snorted at least a pretty significant chunk of it, definitely more than half. I put the rest of the powder aside so I can measure it out to get an exact number in a little while. The burn got a lot worse at that point, to the point of tearing up and feeling like my nose is plumping up. I had the urge to sneeze a lot but I held out for a good ten minutes or so before letting that happen and I never saw any powder come out, so I'm pretty confident that I got the dose. My nose had been pretty clear beforehand but it was pretty snotty afterward, and still is to this moment, about T+1:45. It took a lot sneezing and tissues, but I'm finally getting to the point where I'm just sniffling a lot. It's worth noting that the weather changed severely here over the last couple of days, so I might have been a little bit more sensitive to this going in even if I had been feeling find.

Around the time I had started sneezing I also took a couple hits of weed. I had felt like the effects of the DALT were increasing in *some* way but I couldn't really pinpoint how, so I wanted to try to bump it up a little bit. There's not really a whole lot to speak of. There is still sort of a shading over my vision that tells me that visuals could happen in some way, but they don't seem to be for me right now. I did feel something of a warmth spreading through my body, which was maybe the strongest tryptamine effect I noticed. It felt very peaceful like all of the other tryptamines I've used, but was not stimulating at all like any of the 4-subs, even the more sedating of those give me a lot of energy stored up. This was more of a just a blanket of relaxation like DMT. The feeling was sort of nice, but the other main feeling I was getting was an increased and harder to check heart rate, so I wasn't really too into it. After about twenty minutes from the second dose and thirty from the first, I was starting to feel pretty confident that this wasn't going to develop into anything incredibly significant, and it had already pretty much stopped feeling like it was continuing to rise. I ended up eating 10 mg of chlordiazepoxide to calm my heart; it's notable that I normally take double this dose for stimulation on psychedelics and it doesn't kill the trip. I tend to try to balance it out by smoking some more weed and doing a big balloon of nitrous before the benzo really kicks in too, which seems to help for me. I ended up doing the same this time, so around T+0:35 I'd say was when the balloon was done. Nitrous is always crazy for me, and this time honestly wasn't too different from my normal experiences with it, but it was a little more intricate and colorful than normal, but not by much. I did feel like the DALT had kicked in a little bit stronger after I started to return to reality though, which was a very slow and funny transition.

The one thing I can really say about the mindset of this drug is that while it was VERY mild at this dose, what I did feel was sort of intense. This may reflect its unsubstituted tryptamine status; the only other one I've tried to compare it to is DMT. I still felt pretty normal in my state of mind and more just really high now than anything, but there was still this very vague filter over reality that made me start to associate variables of my current situation with past events or stored stereotypes in my mind and brings those connections into the present like psychedelics tend to do for me. Due to a combination of the cold weather and gray skies outside, dressing in PJs, the peaceful glow that I had, and the sneezing and sniffling and watering eyes, I had sort of this weird nostalgia to times in the past that I would stay at home while sick and just sort of enjoy not having to do anything all day. It gave me a chuckle, but I'd say that that was the most significant thing that I really experienced. After that the trip became slowly more replaced with being high, which is what I feel that it mostly is now. Heart rate and everything is back to normal. And I'm down to just a little bit of sniffling.... If anything remains, I'd say it's just a little bit of a body glow.

I have no intention of insufflating this again. The amount required for literally any effect vs the intensity of the burn was way too much for me. I still have a good bit left to work with, so next I think I'll try smoking it. Maybe that will prove more fruitful.

No problem, perpetualdawn. :) tweetycat, that's what I intend to find out. I know that smoking DPT HCl is effective, despite what people think.

I've heard that too. Is there a reason that the freebase would be more effective than the salt when it's inhaled?

In my experience with smoking/vaping the freebase and hcl of dpt, they seem about as effective, but freebase is much more comfortable and less harsh on the lungs.

Just thought I'd add a little update here. I haven't smoked the DALT yet but I did try a test dose of DPT and thought it might be worth mentioning for comparison. I tried smoking 25 mg of DPT HCl which I thought might be a very small, possibly inactive dose in myself. No other drugs besides weed and alcohol have been in my system since I tried the DALT.

I would be **extremely** cautious in saying that one is better than the other because DALT is such an unknown and DPT already has a great reputation of being powerful, and I've barely tried either of them at all, but so far I would have to say that I liked DALT more. Though, I didn't particularly like either one. I would say that my dose of DALT was only very slightly more active than this 25 mg of DPT, if even more active at all, considering that I also had weed that time but not this time. For future testing I will consider these doses about equivalent.

I don't really have much to say; psychedelic effects were threshold at best, similarly to the DALT, though I would say above placebo. Heart rate increases slightly, again like the DALT, and notable because it's unlike every other psychedelic for me except for DMT. I get the feeling that sigma-1 agonism might be at play here, just a guess anyway, based on my reactions to DXM and MDMA.... The only significant difference I noticed is that DPT actually started giving me very mild tremors reminiscent of 4-subbed tryptamines at this dose, which is not surprising based on what I've heard about it, but it was a little off-putting considering that there really wasn't anything else going on. I was hoping for more of the blanket feeling of relaxation that DALT gave me, but so far it seems to only share that with DMT.

Anyway, make of that what you will. I'll be back when I have more to report.

In my experience with smoking/vaping the freebase and hcl of dpt, they seem about as effective, but freebase is much more comfortable and less harsh on the lungs.
could it be, that if you smoke the HCl salt, you are effectively inhaling some gaseous HCl? I'm not sure, but I see the possibility... HCl is definately pretty harsh on your lungs ;)

Hello everyone:) My first post here outside of the welcome form. I have recently received a generously weighed 116mg sample from probably the same vendor mentioned above. I had heard very little about when purchased, but was making another purchase at the time so why not haha? The info on this says it's kind a DTPish but I've never done that for comparison. What would be a good starting/threshold dose(recommend of course) and likely best route of ROA? From what I've seen here it would appear to be insuffulation, but I also saw it might be possible to be smoked? If so would it be more like DMT were it would be much stronger by weight or more like 4-AcO-DMT were it's essentially worthless due to the required amount to be smoked for effect. Again, sorry if I'm saying something redundant or this seemed so long haha, I'll learn;)

Well from reading Goddess Mode's report, I definitely wouldn't insufflate. I would go for either rectal, vaporization, IM, or IV.

tryin it today hcl form....cant find shit about it.

Well from reading Goddess Mode's report, I definitely wouldn't insufflate. I would go for either rectal, vaporization, IM, or IV.

why do you say def not insufflated??? jc

im not sure of dose since im going off what i saw for 5 meo but with normal 5 meo dalt dose its nothing great. mild chill chem..

comboing with 4 aco dmt and mxp in a few

Last edited by a moderator:
Smoking (vapourising) is probably the way to go 4aco-dalt is actually quite decent that way.

So by "vaporization" could it be smoked with weed similar to hash per se`? Layer some of the DALT in the middle of a bowl lighting the top of the bowl gently so the herb acts as a charcoal and the DALT is never in direct contact with flame? Would that be an effective way of smoking/vaporizing?

No one would be able to say without knowing the vaporization temperature of DALT, comparing to other chemicals which are easily vaporized in that method's vaporization temperatures, and then seeing if it's in that range.

I registered here after being a long time lurker to hopefully shed some light on DALT. I received a free sample *snip*. Everyone is correct: INSUFFLATION IS PAIN! Just don't. I am used to insufflation, this isn't worth it. Alternatively, I tried smoking it. This created a nice body euphoria with very minimal CEVs. That is about it. The body high lasts for a while (I'm still on it). DALT is not mental or very visual, but it will make you feel nice for a little while. I hope this helps a little seeing as there is next to zero info out there.

EDIT: Upon further studies, plugging seems to be the preferred route so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am on some mxe and reallllly want to plug some of this I have to find out what it does.

Then I realize I want to find out as in intelecually read about it or some such, and not actually experience it right now. So I will not be doing that. At some point in the next month or so I will most likely give it a shot, combined with mxe. If some magic can be found with this via RA at 100mg or less I will find out!

... just not today

well I took a small 1mg allergy test of DALT around 7pm. Took 20mg mxe via RA around 830.

Plugged 15mg DALT around 11pm and sat down to meditate. There was definatly a come up... anxious and what not. Leveled off into something with a definate tryptamine feel. I mean, knowing I took a tryp, I could tell one was in my system... barely. Meditated around 40 minutes. got up and started moving around, and I'm not sure I feel much of anything. Have around 90mg left, but I have somewhere to be at 830am. Don't want to use everything I have left, so I will leave it for another day. Probably take 30mg then the other 60 an hour later. Or maybe all of it at once.

hrrrrm.

For comparison, three weeks ago I did the same thing with DPT. 20mg mxe, then a few hours later 15mg DPT and sat down to meditate. There was no denying the DPT was there, the DALT I had to pay much more attention too.

I just packed a bowl containing 110 mg of well cushioned DALT, to be inhaled later in the evening. I'm not sure how much I'll end up smoking, but I may report back during, and will definitely report back after.