• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Blindness/Vision Problems & Psychedelics Thread

Recently someone asked me on behalf of another person who happens to be blind if I would introduce them to the wonders of DMT and 4-aco-DMT.
I am a little apprehensive because of the added safety risks but I will personally be sitting for this person and only after getting to know them for a bit. I am also very interested to gain a better understanding of the effect of these compounds.
This person became blind in the last three or four years. Since becoming blind he has had no psychedelic experience whereas prior to becoming blind he had experiences with psilcybin and LSD.

A blind mans tripreport on psilocybe semilanceata

Hey guys, this is my first post here.
I found this thread, and I thought I'd share this tripreport with you guys, as it is relevant to the thread, and seeing there aren't many tripreports like this out there, I thought you'd might like this.

This is from a norwegian forum, experienced and written by a blind man (not me).
Some background info he shared is that he's reading/writing on the forum using some sort of speech to writing/writing to speech computer program for the visual impaired.
Please keep in mind that this is roughly translated using Google translate (as I couldn't be arsed translating the entire thing myself) from norwegian to english, so it might be a little off, but I'll edit the worst parts, so that you'll understand the basics of it.

"Hey !
I've been snooping around here since the dawn of time and have read many a wonderful drug / trip reports , and thought it was appropriate that I wrote my own , now I also know what it means to trip and because I feel I have something a little alternative to bring to the table , as I shall explain below .

You may have noticed that I wrote " Fleinsopp (norwegian word for psilocybe semilanceata), from another perspective " in the subject line ? It 's the fact so that this man was born blind, and has since been obviously enough with very little vision throughout life . Having long dreamed of trying a psychedelic substance ( since I was about 13 ) , to find out what kind of effect it will give me versus a seer . It's common knowledge that very many of the hallucinations most trippers receive is visual, very much in fact , if I should take countless reports and stories I have been served even considered. later I have the understanding that to hallucinate is a fairly small part what it is to trip . All feelings and thoughts that are generated inside the head plays a much larger , and for some perhaps a much more important role in the experience , me included .

So it all started when I met a guy at a summer camp for the visually impaired , and in short we had the same music passion and had the same interests when it came to psychedelic drugs. We agreed to meet so me, him and one other person (who is also blind ) would experience this new world that I had read many a good word for.

I think Thor, Odin or some other higher power heard my prayers when I heard that Skrillex would make his appearance in Oslo, and I even managed getting tickets to this crazy event. Myself and my blind friend ( let's call him J ) , would sleep at our mutual friend, a psychonauts house , let's call him C in case something should happen. I 'm not going to describe that particular trip , as I feel it is less important than the Trip I experienced at home, as it was the one from which I clearly learned the most out of.

So it just so happened that J would stay with me for a few nights after the concert , as he lives in a completely different part of the country , and as the slackers we are, none of us are particularly alien to take a few days off from school . On this occasion we had purchased about 3 grams each of dried mushrooms , which we thought to consume one of these days in the upcoming weekend.
The consumption date was Friday night a week ago as of this writing , I ate my three grams around noon . 0:00 , as did J. As many may agree with me is not dried flein doesn't taste particularly good, and the aftertaste lingers for ages. But luckily I had plenty of coke to swallow it down with , and it was definitely manageable . I and J sat and waited , put on music and waited for the magic to occur. It took about 40 minutes , then began a oozing sensation to occur in the stomach. A bit like when you are sitting on a plane that is well underway to rev the engines to give momentum to the take off . After a further 20 minutes I started to feel kind of stoned. I was very unfocused, laughing , caught up in my own thoughts and generally quite remote . statements that used to make sense was now pointless to say, and I could rarely say more than a factual statement at a time until everything went into a whole lot of nonsense aimlessly . What separated this from being normally stoned, was that I did not have the lazy feeling, quite the opposite,I had difficulty sitting still, and found myself constantly rocking back and forth, both in time and in sync with the music , as it suited me . My friend J was apparently on a completely different wavelength than me, because we had difficulty communicating or explain each other what we actually thought and felt . Eventually I fancied myself something to eat, so I took a couple of lemons I had left , and had a taste . Never before had I felt a greater taste sensation in my mouth and it felt completely and utterly heavenly . I sucked and sucked on the lemon , and lemon juice ran down my face and felt I was in a completely different world , it must have been quite a sight ! Then I'd throw the empty lemon peel , I began to drum my hand in the sink in a fast beat, where I added the amazing vocal lyrics " here goes the skin in the trash, in the trash ! I Think stood there for 2 minutes or so, when I heard a roar of laughter from the other side of the apartment, and J asked what the hell I was doing over there. to be completely honest , I had no clue , and it ended up that I burst out laughing , before I continued my epic song. to my great surprise , I discovered that the sound from me drumming on the sink suddenly was in surround, and went zooming throughout the room. Slightly shocked I stood there, just admiring it, but when I tried again i heard the sound perfectly normal . bit disappointed by this , I went back to my seat to sit down.

I just sat there for a while , I do not know how long, when I began to notice that everything felt much clearer, and it felt as if my whole body would rise from the chair I sat in . The stoned feeling disappeared , and I was filled with an feeling of immense euphoria/happiness . I thought to myself that this is something everyone should try , and the bastards who feel they need to drink alcohol to have fun should really take their drunkeness and go to hell . I also felt like that drinking was just pointless now, and I should stop immediately. I felt ashamed I had only gone around and been stoned and played beats on my own sink and sung that I should throw a lemon in the garbage. Suddenly J says to me that we most likely had a whole lot to tell each other the next day . But I began to explain my current mindset to him , and it turned out that we thought some about the same and were completely on the same wavelength. We had an intense discussion about life, society , self-confidence and our accomplishments in life in general. I remember we talked about that the authorities did not like the free-spirited people because they were afraid of us , and therefore Forbode anything that could be called psychedelic . We came to the conclusion that everything can be done , if your open to it . never say no to anything, if your goal is to marry Katrine Moholt (norwegian celeb) and it means that you have to jump rope the rest of your life , do it then! We laughed at those who were skeptical that we would try this , even though we didn't tell many people that we did this . we thought that people who take psychedelics just for the visuals were pissing on the experience of tripping itself , and they should try closing their eyes every once in a while, and not just think about the damn OEVs all the damn time. We seldomly laughed , but I do not think any of us had ever felt this happy, ever . Suddenly J wanted to take a shower , to feel what it felt like in such a state. But when he asked if I could help him find the towels because he had forgotten where it was , I felt on the measures it was to do something you did not want to do. So , if I had wanted to find the towel it would've been zero problem , but I didn't. hard to explain, it probably sounds incredible spaced out. Eventually I found one for him , and he disappeared into his own world , while I put on some music, namely "Carbon Based lifeforms" ( a Swedish psybientband I would recommend anyone tripping to check out) . Never before have I been as one with the music , nor witnessed anything so universally beautiful ... The only thing that could top this would be to have a beautiful woman lying on top of you. while listening to this I lay there thinking for myself while I let myself drift into eternity .I sat there listening to music for what felt like ages before J came back and we continued our discussion as we were coming down. It was great to feel the trip slow down a bit , it felt like I had driven a roller coaster for an eternity and finally could get off . I sat and drifted around in my own little world while I halfheartedly discussed with J, and I know he felt the same way . Hundreds of weird thoughts flowed in and out of our heads , and shared them with each other laughing hard and long at every single one of them . they were quite internal , and to list them here would both take forever and might be a boring read. But the name Eric was suddenly very funny and all voices sounded incredibly comical in my head . I had almost forgotten, every time I thought about how a persons voice sounded , I could hear their voice so clearly, that I sometimes wondered if people actually stood behind me. It is funny that I could get them to say almost anything i'd want , and it sounded realistic , as I said , almost as if they were in the same room , maybe even right behind me. We lost some of our own world again, and I was sitting with my music again . This time it was Knutsen & Ludvigsen who did undergo , and the lyrics sounded somehow not as absurd any longer. eventually I started to descend down to normal, and the overman in me as I talked about earlier also disappeared . I almost breathed a sigh of relief , because I was getting weary of all the new impressions my brain had produced. J and me were sitting , still chattering about what we had experienced , and I found out that he had also come down at this point. We agreed to look at the clock , and to our surprise it was half past six in the morning . Ergo , we had been tripping for about five and a half hours . We decided to go to sleep , and it has never been lovelier to lie down in a bed before . It was like so insanely soft and good , and I fell asleep right away .

Didn't feel much side effects the next day , apart from being incredibly tired and I really just wanted to go back to where I was the day before .

If I 've learned anything from it? Definitely ! Learned a lot, but the most important is that I have to limit myself in relation to these kind of substances, because I could feel how very "out of touch with reality " you'll feel for a long time . Going to take it again , but should probably wait a bit. Also wanted to try other things like LSD , Mescaline and DMT , but I do not rush with anything. It'll happen when it happens , be it in a few months or a few years , as long as noone tricks me into taking Datura : P

So far, all I have to say. Feel free to give me feedback . Constructive criticism is good criticism in my eyes if I have been too little descriptive or if something is missing in general !"

in later posts he answers questions about if he experienced any form of visuals, in which he responded he had absolutely no CEVs or OEVs as he was born 100% blind, but have experienced dreaming that he could see, telling it's hard to explain how it was.

I tried correcting most of the spelling errors and such, but it's still a little rough, if you have any questions I'll try to answer them as best as I can, retranslating and so on.

Edit: I just found he also wrote a tripreport on LSD, if anyone is interested I could post that one aswell.

Last edited: