View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy bk-MBDB (Butylone) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey crazy, what exactly is a smart drug? like a nootropic?

Having never tried the drug ill give my opinion anyway.

I think itll feel like you underdosed on a drug and will leave you wanting to take more to achieve some sort of high.
I havent heard anything about it helping with focus and attention and all that.

MDPV would be a better option IMO if those are the effect you're looking for.

I think itll feel like you underdosed on a drug and will leave you wanting to take more to achieve some sort of high.

MDPV made me extremely paranoid and gave me terrible chest pains, never touching that one again.

I was thinking because of the stimlation side effect of this compound it may be a really usefull one to studie or something like that.

Yeah i know amphetamines would also work but 2CD has been reported to work as a cognitive enhances, maybe this one also has some potential.

And everyone talks about being overstimulated, maybe it gives you just the right ammount of energie on a low treshold dose.

I've tried 2cd at around 10mgs a couple times. I'd say it does have some potential as a smart drug. Not in the sense like stimulants that increase output and attention, but more in the sense that it could help you with understanding and integration of new information.

i never got the smart drug effect from 2c-d, i dont think.

aMT in low doses does have potential though. I get motivated and have more energy.

I can't imagine butylone having any value at all as a smart drug. I found that low doses just produce a slightly uncomfortable, niggling, low-level stimulation. Not a clean stimulation though. I'd find it distracting and irritating more than useful, I think. Any lower and you don't really feel anything much.

So, a friend of mine has 1g BK-MBDB en route. This friend has been taking Kira brand St Johns Wort (the German pharmaceutical LI-160 formula that almost all positive studies of SJW used) twice a day for a few months.

I have heard that SJW will nullify a MDMA roll, but does this hold true for BK-MBDB as well? Any experience with this or M1?

So, a friend of mine has 1g BK-MBDB en route. This friend has been taking Kira brand St Johns Wort (the German pharmaceutical LI-160 formula that almost all positive studies of SJW used) twice a day for a few months.

I have heard that SJW will nullify a MDMA roll, but does this hold true for BK-MBDB as well? Any experience with this or M1?

I advice you not to take the 2 togheter, read this:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=466447

I dont see any reason why such thing wont happen with butylone.

I can't imagine butylone having any value at all as a smart drug. I found that low doses just produce a slightly uncomfortable, niggling, low-level stimulation. Not a clean stimulation though. I'd find it distracting and irritating more than useful, I think. Any lower and you don't really feel anything much.

Allright, thx for your experience.

^ YMMV of course, but it's definitely not a good choice for a smart drug, in my opinion.

Very true. St John's Wort has mild MAOI properties but they're not mild enough to avoid the risk of serotonin syndrome. I would strongly advise against using any stimulating drugs whilst using SJW.

Well, I think that guy might have had a bad reaction, I've taken SJW or another SSRI on the day after MDMA several times to minimize damage\depression and I've never had any negative effects. I'm curious about this because these days I'm taking SJW every day opposed to my previous acute SJW doses, and also I've heard BK-MBDB is less serotonergic than MDMA so maybe it won't be such a waste to mix it with SJW? :?:?

^ As mentioned above, SJW is an MAOI not an SSRI so serotonin syndrome is a definite risk. Really bad idea to combine it with any stims or psyches.

Well, I think that guy might have had a bad reaction, I've taken SJW or another SSRI on the day after MDMA several times to minimize damage\depression and I've never had any negative effects. I'm curious about this because these days I'm taking SJW every day opposed to my previous acute SJW doses, and also I've heard BK-MBDB is less serotonergic than MDMA so maybe it won't be such a waste to mix it with SJW? :?:?

I advice you to not do that ever again, you could be playing russian roulete. Butylone probebly isnt as serotonergic as MDMA but it still would be dangerous to mix it with MAOI's.

Piracetam has been reported to reduce the comedown so i suggest you to use that instead.

@ sham ^ Actually it's both.

I think it's main effects are on SSRI side fo things with some mild MAOI thrown in there.

I used to take SJW on MDMA comedowns all the time with no ill effects.

I'd say it's best to steer clear of SJW for the main effects, not only because of the mild MAOI activity but the SSRI component will kill any serotonergic high.

I was taking SJW on a daily basis for a while and tried taking MDMA while on it and it didn't do squat except give me a bit of a jittery buzz. Basically the same effect as if you take MDMA with a pharmaceutical SSRI.

Well, as peppersocks said, SJW actually has very strong SSRI effects via TRPC6 activation, as well as GABA, dopamine, glutamate and nor\epinephrine reuptake inhibition.

The MAOI effects of SJW are thought to only be active at the micro-molar level, and even then there is only MAO-B inhibition.

Ahh but ok, I guess it's a bust, SWIM'll have to sell it all. mehh. >_<

Thanks for the extra info, fellas. Didn't realise it had other effects than the MAOI effect. I still wouldn't risk it personally. I've gotten away with combining MAOI/SSRI/SNRI drugs with stims and psyches many times. Not deliberately but purely through ignorance. I recently got bitten hard by a case of serotonin syndrome combining tramadol (SNRI properties and probably some others cos it's a weird drug) with LSD. It's not a mistake I'll be making again :|

Well, as peppersocks said, SJW actually has very strong SSRI effects via TRPC6 activation, as well as GABA, dopamine, glutamate and nor\epinephrine reuptake inhibition.

The MAOI effects of SJW are thought to only be active at the micro-molar level, and even then there is only MAO-B inhibition.

Ahh but ok, I guess it's a bust, SWIM'll have to sell it all. mehh. >_<

Well its the report of that guy that really worries me, i would be carefull.

I kind of tried it (B1) for researching/writing papers and didn't care for it. Not my favorite recreationally either, but did like the M1/B1 combo. Suspect that M1/Mephedrone would be better.

I'm trying out low dosage MDPV soon as adderall/ritalin substitute for studying/papers.

I'd like to find a good alternative for MDMA. I live in holland and I can't get a hold of any good MDXX pills. I have to chose between MDPV, bk-MBDB, bk-MDMA.
I don't want 4-MMC (mephedrone) because I think it's very toxic..
What will be the best choice? BK-MBDB perhaps?

I'd like to find a good alternative for MDMA. I live in holland and I can't get a hold of any good MDXX pills. I have to chose between MDPV, bk-MBDB, bk-MDMA.
I don't want 4-MMC (mephedrone) because I think it's very toxic..
What will be the best choice? BK-MBDB perhaps?
Oh forgot to mention MDAI is also an option.
I am finding a combination of MDAI and bk-MDMA to be particularly lovely as a euphoric entactogen. In my experience, if one lines up all the abovementioned in a line from stimulant-like to entactogen-like, it goes something like MDPV, bk-MBDB, 4-MMC, bk-MDMA, MDMA, MDAI. I guess that maybe reflects a dichotomy between mostly dopaminergic and mostly serotonergic action; but I'm not sure what the objective data on that are (or whether my personal experience accords with most other people's experiences). Anyway, personally, I feel that bk-MDMA lacks some of MDMA's entactogenesis, while MDAI lacks some of its more stimulant euphoric aspects, hence the rather loveliness of the combination. I haven't yet worked out the ideal ratio and dosage for me yet, but perhaps somewhere in the region of 150 mg of each. (But you should start much lower, of course, and not in combination, to be on the safe side! :))

Re: bk-MBDB, I have always found it to be more stimulant, with the emphasis on unpleasant stimulant side-effects like gurning etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.