• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Beginner Psychedelic Thread

Peyote buttons is an option. 2 to 3 medium sized buttons chewed or made into tea. There are places in TX and OK where you can harvest if you're sneaky

Ill just go with a true and clean psychedelic, but with a low dose.
Shrooms, 4oh/aco DMT/MET, LSD (this one is hard to dose, may be not a first choice).
I found AMT, 2CX and 5 sub trypt can be a little inconfortable, just begin with clean stuff.

Fuck the "low dose" wimp-out. All that will do is ruin it when you do a "real" dose, like reading spoilers to a movie.

Take the swan dive, only way to do it... you point is self-revelation, right? SO what are you worried about? It's ONLY YOU in there (and maybe even out here too, haha!)

This whole idea of baby fraidy-cat toe-in-the-water "trial" of a psychedelic is so *WRONG* I am beside myself.

The whole point is to be shocked into seeing the world in a WHOLE NEW WAY... not peeking around the corner!!!

The whole point is to be CHALLENGED like on a Native American "VISION QUEST"

As Yoda would say: "There is no try, there is only do."

So... wrestle up your courage and daring-do, and do 3grams dried of shrooms. Very good 1st trip. Very "organic." Can be a little scary... have a sitter with you for reassurance and maybe to program the stereo.

Or... first trips with a good stiff dose of good clean real LSD (150-200 micrograms... usually 2 of todays blotters, even "good" ones) canbe less chaoitic than shroom, you do feel less like something alien is forcing itself upon you and more in control of the flow of events.

Believe me, you will be VERY glad you took this approach. Anything less is just a total waste, IMO.

"Trying a little" psychedelic... HAHAHAHAH! The idea is just so foolish & ridiculous you apparently cannot even imagine. If you are not ready for a "real" trip then skip it entirely... stay home until you are ready for THE REAL THING.

2c-c is by far the best "beginner" psychedelic I have tried. Things stay under well under control until about the 60mg mark.

2c-c is by far the best "beginner" psychedelic I have tried. Things stay under well under control until about the 60mg mark.

You just might be right about that. Its far less stimulating than 2C-I or others, and in fact tends to feel actually a bit sedating and like you are slightly drunk, which might ameliorate anxiety by feeling kinda familiar.

I tried this a couple times only though, and it seemed less trippy than 2C-I... which creates the most intense trails I ever saw. How is 2C-C for visual effects in your experience? Maybe I never got up to a high enough dose (most I did was 45mg... perhaps you do need to hit 60mg for max visual effects to kick in.)

I agree buying acid on the street is like buying coke, and we all know how frustrating that can be!!!

It's not quite that bad, LSD is less of a moneymaker than coke. 2C-I is a pretty mild psych, less of a mindfuck. Although I find LSD is always a good way to introduce people to psychs.

Salvia divinorum was so absolutely terrifying the few times I have tried it, that it made me fearless of traditional psychedelics. So I suggest trying LSD, then salvia D., then LSD again.

Of course, consider your psychological set and physical setting before dosing.

Luckily one of the first real trips I had was on AMT and I think that's the best way to dip your toe into the water of psychedelics. Even in the higher dose range it's a pretty good introduction since your mind is still pretty manageable and your emotions are stable.

For me aMT was the best introduction to psychedelics. However on the other hand my GF tried it for the first time and experienced all of the common side effects but very heavily. After about 4 hours she got into it but she still thinks its to intense. Best not let her near the DPT I will have soon...

Personally I would suggest a-MT. A low dose like perhaps 30mg would yield a very mild trip, with plenty of energy and probably a certain amount of euphoria. When administered rectally I have always had a positive experience with no body load. Xorkoth and his posts on a-MT are an excellent reference in regards to this.

EDIT: Some people may consider a better first time dose to be lower than 30mg, perhaps around 20mg.

Last edited:
personally began with mushrooms, and loved them ever since, even if i tried other rc's out there.

even if i am never the bravest one i went for a medium dose at first and loved every hour of the trip. read a lot before, had some expectations and hopes and most were realized above what i thought.
they had everything i knew about psychs. a little discomfort, great visuals, some mind tricks, great insight, a nice afterglow, fine memories.

i find the 2c family a bit rough sometimes (even though i have only limited experiences), and have not had the pleasure of lucy.

have a nice time!

Fuck the "low dose" wimp-out. All that will do is ruin it when you do a "real" dose, like reading spoilers to a movie.

Take the swan dive, only way to do it... you point is self-revelation, right? SO what are you worried about? It's ONLY YOU in there (and maybe even out here too, haha!)

This whole idea of baby fraidy-cat toe-in-the-water "trial" of a psychedelic is so *WRONG* I am beside myself.

The whole point is to be shocked into seeing the world in a WHOLE NEW WAY... not peeking around the corner!!!

The whole point is to be CHALLENGED like on a Native American "VISION QUEST"

As Yoda would say: "There is no try, there is only do."

So... wrestle up your courage and daring-do, and do 3grams dried of shrooms. Very good 1st trip. Very "organic." Can be a little scary... have a sitter with you for reassurance and maybe to program the stereo.

Or... first trips with a good stiff dose of good clean real LSD (150-200 micrograms... usually 2 of todays blotters, even "good" ones) canbe less chaoitic than shroom, you do feel less like something alien is forcing itself upon you and more in control of the flow of events.

Believe me, you will be VERY glad you took this approach. Anything less is just a total waste, IMO.

"Trying a little" psychedelic... HAHAHAHAH! The idea is just so foolish & ridiculous you apparently cannot even imagine. If you are not ready for a "real" trip then skip it entirely... stay home until you are ready for THE REAL THING.

Relax dude
was just asking a question

thanks for the advice everyone. Im looking forward to it now :)

And I was just giving my opinion answering. Sorry if I offended or gave an oafish impression. Just trying to give voice to the gonzo Hunter S. Thompson point of view, haha! There is some merit in it... many classic Hippies would and do agree.

Have fun and good luck whatever you do! :D

I don't think there's anything wrong with working your way up, dosage wise. You never know how a compound will affect an individual. For example,a small number of people who are lacking a certain enzyme in their body can have FULL BLOWN TRIPS from small amounts of psilocin.

Straight from Erowid:
Psilocybin-containing mushrooms produce unique mental states, which are greatly effected by dose and an individual's sensitivity to psilocybin. For some rare people 0.25 of a gram of Psilocybe cubensis (a very small amount) is enough to propel them into full visionary states, with open eye visuals, unpleasant stomach cramps or gas, and other high-dose effects. For others, the same amount would be barely (if at all) noticeable, possibly causing a slight cold feeling during the first hour and other "threshold" effects. Wise users gauge their individual reactions to all entheogens by testing their reaction by ingesting only a small dose the first time.
Many would completely disagree with you. I do agree that you should take ~100 mics (1-3 "standard" hits depending on strength) of LSD, as that seems to be quite stable in its effects across most individuals...

And I was just giving my opinion answering. Sorry if I offended or gave an oafish impression. Just trying to give voice to the gonzo Hunter S. Thompson point of view, haha! There is some merit in it... many classic Hippies would and do agree.

Have fun and good luck whatever you do! :D

ok cool

fuck the "low dose" wimp-out. All that will do is ruin it when you do a "real" dose, like reading spoilers to a movie.

Take the swan dive, only way to do it... You point is self-revelation, right? So what are you worried about? It's only you in there (and maybe even out here too, haha!)

this whole idea of baby fraidy-cat toe-in-the-water "trial" of a psychedelic is so *wrong* i am beside myself.

The whole point is to be shocked into seeing the world in a whole new way... Not peeking around the corner!!!

The whole point is to be challenged like on a native american "vision quest"

as yoda would say: "there is no try, there is only do."

so... Wrestle up your courage and daring-do, and do 3grams dried of shrooms. Very good 1st trip. Very "organic." can be a little scary... Have a sitter with you for reassurance and maybe to program the stereo.

Or... First trips with a good stiff dose of good clean real lsd (150-200 micrograms... Usually 2 of todays blotters, even "good" ones) canbe less chaoitic than shroom, you do feel less like something alien is forcing itself upon you and more in control of the flow of events.

Believe me, you will be very glad you took this approach. Anything less is just a total waste, imo.

"trying a little" psychedelic... Hahahahah! The idea is just so foolish & ridiculous you apparently cannot even imagine. If you are not ready for a "real" trip then skip it entirely... Stay home until you are ready for the real thing.

qft

I took a good dose of shrooms for my first time and it was good that way. Totally blasted my fucking face off, wich doesn't sound enjoyable, and to be honest it wasn't. But it thought me respect for psychedelics. Before this shroom trip I thought "oh psychedelics, just another drug ha ha."

Getting a slap in the face for the first time is a good way to learn respect for psychedelics and also is a good lesson in self-reflection as you will have a lot to understand and think about after an overwhelming first time experience.