Votes: 19 29.7%
  • Yes, but only a little

Votes: 24 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 18 28.1%
  • Sometimes / Completely depends on whether it is salt or freebase

Votes: 3 4.7%

• Total voters
Oh man I remember this stuff. First psychedelic I ever did back when it was a legal RC. It's a tricky one because dose too low and it's like MDMA but with way harsher side effects (so just take MDMA) and dose too high and you are tripping hard for 12 hours and nothing will stop it even if you eat loads of benzos (and it feels dirty af so if you want a long trip just drop clean acid).

And yes I get bad nausea from the come up. Once it's fully kicked in it died down though.

I actually still have a bit of this left but honestly it's been sitting there for over five years because I just feel no desire to take it when I also have LSD and MDMA. It's much dirtier than both.

I have had some decent trips on it back in the day. Just got no reason to still take it when the classic psychedelics and empathogens are an option.

AMT is one of my favorite drugs, it feels so good, great euphoria, great duration, I prefer it to MDMA. I don't even get bodyload or nausea anymore for some reason. Also, unlike almost every other euphoric stimulant/empathogen, it is great for sex, it doesn't impede my functioning at all and I can last for as long as I want to (though it doesn't specifically make me horny). Unfortunately I ran out and no idea when or if I'll ever get more. :(

AMT is one of my favorite drugs, it feels so good, great euphoria, great duration, I prefer it to MDMA. I don't even get bodyload or nausea anymore for some reason. Also, unlike almost every other euphoric stimulant/empathogen, it is great for sex, it doesn't impede my functioning at all and I can last for as long as I want to (though it doesn't specifically make me horny). Unfortunately I ran out and no idea when or if I'll ever get more. :(
Your glowing reviews and constant endorsement of this compound made me obsessed to try it. Unfortunately I have never seen it available as a RC in my country which is odd when all the other tryptamines are widely available.

I guess some twisted interpretation of the analogue laws lumps it with amphetamine because of the Alpha-Methyl part. I can't see any other reason that would make it's status different from all the other tryptamines.

3rd plugged experience yielded very pleasant results... ~80mg on empty stomach got me on that blissful aMTrain for full 10hours(!!!). This compound seems to be trickier to dose than MDMA or 6-APB, I see that now. With aMT I need to have totally empty stomach. Last time was not that enjoyable, because I had eaten breakfast 2 hours prior. This time I only took magnesium tablet 1 hour before plugging and during the experience ate few fruits, rice cakes and little bit of yogurt. This way I was able to achieve really nice and long ride. 10 hours of grinning and just feeling this clear-headed bliss. It felt much like the after-glow which I get after when I've been in gym or ran. Only that this after-glow felt better and lasted 10 times longer. MDMA, 5-APB and 6-APB may have more euphoria on me, but they both produce kind of mudded and dirty feelings compared to the aMTs effects. aMT feels so natural, in a way. Somehow my body feels the opposite of what @Wilson Wilson wrote!

Euphoria wasn't as strong than when I first time plugged. I think it was probably because before that amazing experience I had eaten 5-htp regularly for few weeks (tho 1 week break before aMT). This time I didn't preload with 5-htp at all. Don't really know if it was because of that, but it would make the most sense. Other reason that popped into my mind was that when I had that 2nd not-so-nice aMT experience, I was feeling really good before plugging! This time I had some worries on my mind and if you take into account the fact that aMT was made as anti-depressant in the USSR (actually have read somewhere that it is still legal in Russia, but don't know if this has any real basis), your current mood could really make a difference.

I noticed that if I had negative thoughts during the trip, they made me actually smile even more and small waves of extra-euphoria flushed over me while erasing those thoughts! I actually then forced myself to think dark things and it had the same effect! Unbelievable. Empathogenic qualities were witnessed when watching movies and if there was a scene which showed love, bonding or laughter between people, I connected with those characters even more than sober. I also have to say that even when the first plugged experience made me feel more euphoria, the duration was shorter. Now the peak started +1h and lasted till +11h before gradually coming down until +12h. There was a moment somewhere around +8h that I thought "okay, its done now" and then yet another wave hit me. No nausea this time neither, at all. I had 40mg booster dose weighed, but there was no need for it... although If I hadn't had work the next day, I might've gone with it... few glasses of rum and I was ready for bed and slept nice 7-8hours straight. Now that I have "studied" this chemical alone enough, next time I think I will spice things a bit with 2C-C or 4-AcO-MET when coming down and do it when I have the next day off. Or just do the re-dose and party till morning.

Hmm, I'm now officially realizing that I might be in love with this compound haha :love: @Xorkoth and @babooon87, I hope aMT finds you!

3rd plugged experience yielded very pleasant results... ~80mg on empty stomach got me on that blissful aMTrain for full 10hours(!!!). This compound seems to be trickier to dose than MDMA or 6-APB, I see that now. With aMT I need to have totally empty stomach. Last time was not that enjoyable, because I had eaten breakfast 2 hours prior. This time I only took magnesium tablet 1 hour before plugging and during the experience ate few fruits, rice cakes and little bit of yogurt. This way I was able to achieve really nice and long ride. 10 hours of grinning and just feeling this clear-headed bliss. It felt much like the after-glow which I get after when I've been in gym or ran. Only that this after-glow felt better and lasted 10 times longer. MDMA, 5-APB and 6-APB may have more euphoria on me, but they both produce kind of mudded and dirty feelings compared to the aMTs effects. aMT feels so natural, in a way. Somehow my body feels the opposite of what @Wilson Wilson wrote!

Euphoria wasn't as strong than when I first time plugged. I think it was probably because before that amazing experience I had eaten 5-htp regularly for few weeks (tho 1 week break before aMT). This time I didn't preload with 5-htp at all. Don't really know if it was because of that, but it would make the most sense. Other reason that popped into my mind was that when I had that 2nd not-so-nice aMT experience, I was feeling really good before plugging! This time I had some worries on my mind and if you take into account the fact that aMT was made as anti-depressant in the USSR (actually have read somewhere that it is still legal in Russia, but don't know if this has any real basis), your current mood could really make a difference.

I noticed that if I had negative thoughts during the trip, they made me actually smile even more and small waves of extra-euphoria flushed over me while erasing those thoughts! I actually then forced myself to think dark things and it had the same effect! Unbelievable. Empathogenic qualities were witnessed when watching movies and if there was a scene which showed love, bonding or laughter between people, I connected with those characters even more than sober. I also have to say that even when the first plugged experience made me feel more euphoria, the duration was shorter. Now the peak started +1h and lasted till +11h before gradually coming down until +12h. There was a moment somewhere around +8h that I thought "okay, its done now" and then yet another wave hit me. No nausea this time neither, at all. I had 40mg booster dose weighed, but there was no need for it... although If I hadn't had work the next day, I might've gone with it... few glasses of rum and I was ready for bed and slept nice 7-8hours straight. Now that I have "studied" this chemical alone enough, next time I think I will spice things a bit with 2C-C or 4-AcO-MET when coming down and do it when I have the next day off. Or just do the re-dose and party till morning.

Hmm, I'm now officially realizing that I might be in love with this compound haha :love: @Xorkoth and @babooon87, I hope aMT finds you!

Great report. Was that dose with freebase or one of the salts? I have some old freebase I would love to use, but I have forgotten what my preferred dose was. Its been a long time!

I've got to send it off for testing, its about 10 year old freebase. Looks the exact same as when I bought it, just doesnt stink as bad. Back then I got 5g for 150$ :)

When/if I ever find time for it I am going to add in some P. Cyanescens midway. Though I am also very intrigued by combining it with LSD, that combo is highly spoken of. Candyflips are about as good as it gets IMO so there is some potential there.

Great report. Was that dose with freebase or one of the salts? I have some old freebase I would love to use, but I have forgotten what my preferred dose was. Its been a long time!

I've got to send it off for testing, its about 10 year old freebase. Looks the exact same as when I bought it, just doesnt stink as bad. Back then I got 5g for 150$ :)

When/if I ever find time for it I am going to add in some P. Cyanescens midway. Though I am also very intrigued by combining it with LSD, that combo is highly spoken of. Candyflips are about as good as it gets IMO so there is some potential there.

Freebase. I used drops of vinegar to make it dissolve in water. I also have few tabs of 1P-LSD that I might use in combination with aMT. :p

I have decent experience with alphamethyltryptamine (CAS 299-26-3).
My fav dose is 30mg, has me rolling but better for 12+ hours. Sometimes i micro/mini-dose 2,5mg.

I recently tried the (R) isomer of alphamethyl tryptamine. CAS 7795-52-0. Not lab tested btw, but ordered from a chemical compounds site, so i suppose legit... Dosage was 1,25mg, to be on the safe side. First half hour was a bit of anxiety (placebo - trying something new, i guess). After that a definite psychedelic feel developed, increased focus in yoga class, looser muscles. All these things happen with "regular" amt as well. The mood lift wasnt as pronounced but this could be the smaller dose.

Does anyone know what isomer they have? Or can we assume that all amt going round (pre ban) was the 50/50 mix of isomers? Is it safe to go on to higher dosage?

Any input is appreciated!

I would imagine it's traditionally been racemic, but I'm not positive about that. I seriously doubt I'd even feel 1.25mg. I wouldn't chalk up a lesser mood lift at that dose to any properties of the R isomer over racemic.

That's cool you managed to get an isolated isomer, please do report back when you've taken a full dose. :)

Indopan was available in 5 mg dosages as an antidepressant, I believe 1.25 mg could definitely be doing something, but I blame the power of suggestion for anything psychedelic occuring, maybe just the wrong wording on your end?

Last edited:
You're right, i probably used the word psychedelic with a tad too much poetic liberty 😁. I'm the guy who thinks a medium dose of mushrooms lasts at least 8 hours 😉.

Lets say i felt a definite stimulation and relaxation combined, both physical and mental.

Oh I forgot to change the period in a question mark, I did understand what you were getting at and in all fairness the term psychedelic is pretty ambiguous, but actual mind expansion and such that'd be remarkable at that dose (the word I was looking for was psychotomimetic). I'm more than interested in your results though, curious what 2.5-5mg would do personally, depression sucks, this could be a viable option, who knows.

So I just noticed amt was rumoured to make a comeback, hopefully unrestricted, yes the eu needs it too. Haven't checked the whole internet obviously, but I spent some time googling a couple days ago and nothing but sketch popping up, very little too, so this came as a welcome surprise.

I need it. It makes me happy. It is a sign. I'll buy now and ask questions later.

Last edited:
There was about a day, a few months ago, when some place was offering AMT freebase for absurdly cheap. I was going to get, oh, quite a bit, but in the time it took to get BTC together, it was sold out. That may be why. In fact one of my vendors started listing it after that for about a 1000% markup (actually more than that).

I truly hope it makes another comeback. It must be fairly easy to make, it used to be extremely plentiful and quite affordable, for quite some time.

I just had some 10 year old aMT freebase tested via FTIR. The sample had been stored in two baggies with dessicant, in the dark. It was exposed to occasional high/low temperatures.

Sample came back as very pure, minimal degradation detected. Happy day. Now I just need to find time to take some!

@ Cream Gravy? - I'm surprised that you're afraid to try aMT. There's really nothing to it, as long as users keep in mind that it's a triple monoamine reuptake inhibitor and releaser, and an MAO inhibitor. Because of those properties, users must take certain precautions in order to avoid adverse or dangerous side effects. Here's a list of things to avoid when using aMT:

I. Drugs:

* SSRI's (i.e. anti-depressants)

* Opioids

* Cold medications

* Cough medications

* Nasal decongestants

* Fever medications

* Stimulants

* MDxx compounds

* Other psychedelics

IIa. Foods & Beverages (high tyramine content):

* Aged, mature or fermented cheeses

* Dry and/or fermented sausages and meats

* Liver

* Pickled herring and salted dried fish

* Smoked fish

* Shrimp paste and oyster sauce

* Broad beans and pods (e.g. lima, fava, lentils, snow peas and soy beans)

* Meat extracts

* Liquid or powdered protein dietary supplements

* Ginseng

* Yeast extracts, Brewer's yeast and yeast vitamin supplements

* Most soups (it's best to avoid all, because they often contain extracts of meat, protein or yeast, or a combination thereof)

* Beer (including non-alcoholic)

* Red wines (including sherry and vermouth)

* Sauerkraut

IIb. Foods & Beverages (low to moderate tyramine content; it's OK to consume these in very low quantity)

* Cultured dairy products (e.g. buttermilk, yogurt and sour cream)

* Certain fruits (e.g. bananas, avocados, canned figs, raisins, red plums and raspberries)

* Spinach

* Nuts

* Soy sauce

* Chocolate

* Caffeine

* White wines

* Port wines

* Spirits

As long as you're vigilant of what you consume prior to and during a trip, aMT can be quite fun and rewarding. Don't be hesitant.

I think he's afraid because of the nausea/stomach issues people report. I could be wrong. Yeah AMT is about as friendly as it gets.

I think he's afraid because of the nausea/stomach issues people report.
This is true.

I also hadn’t even thought about certain foods to avoid. How long before dosing AMT do you have to abstain from those foods?

Also, why can’t opioids be mixed? Or caffeine?