View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy ALD-52 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Volsam, overheating, I remember this now.
The end of my last trip was me with no shirt coming back home in public transport.
I known it was not something to do but I was so sweaty (and of my tits ) that I did it.
Any other user noticed this overheating on ALD52 ?
Never got it with any other drug exept MDMA.

Nope, never had even a hint of overheating or any other bodyload issues whatsoever on ALD (or LSD). It feels utterly transparent on the body other than the wonderful warm glowing body high.

^^^ Same for me. I absolutely LOVE LSD and it feels very healthy and natural, but ALD-52 seems to be not as effective, not as magical, so a bigger dosage needed and it produces unpleasant overheating for me. Maybe it is the origin of the blotters that matters the most?.. Mine was from the one who's still upgrading now - I hope it wont be considered sourcing. Personal drug metabolism plays a big role too imo.

For me, every time I've taken ALD-52, it's been the best "LSD" experience I've ever had, every time has been better than the last. Of course I have never known exactly what dose of LSD I've taken precisely, but my last trip with one 125ug blotter of this was stronger and better than a trip I had with 5 blotters of LSD, where a half of one of those blotters gave my friend a nice trip. To me, ALD-52 is basically just the best, cleanest, most positive acid ever.

Mine is from the original place, perhaps such a thing really matters...?

Truth ^ I also experience absolutely no issues at all with Ald-52

This one continues to surprise. 125ug can really blow your mind. I'm starting to wonder if I like this better than good ol' LSD. I'll write up something about it here when I get the time this week.

Mine is from the original place, perhaps such a thing really matters...?
Im jealous of you guys who's got it good!... :sus:
Going to try some from a different supplier and update whenever I'll get it!

Dr Mamba, how would you compare your experience to regular LSD (if you have had such experience)? Interesting that you've also noted overheating, for me it also came closer to the end of the trip and was really bothering me to the point where I could not enjoy the afterglow, neither play music which is my favorite activity on lysergamides, that time I've taken a single blotter rated at 125mcg.

I found this interesting info stating ALD-52 tends to decompose to LSD-25 and supposedly it is "smoother" than regular acid - https://erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_ald52.shtml That might explain such difference in reports, could it be that by oxidation process over time it turns to the cleanest "acid" (LSD-25, Meth-LAD)? Anyone knowledgeable here to back up the decomposing theory?

A bit off-topic again, I kept AL-LAD, LSD and Eth-LAD in the same baggie when I went traveling and when I got to take a single hit of my good 'ol acid it was definitely different and a lot stronger, is it possible that those lysergamides could be reabsorbed by the moister paper in the baggie, making that particular blotter the strongest?..

Last edited:
I also have experienced increased body temperature from ALD-52. Not to an extreme degree, but enough that I had to take my shirt off to be comfortable. The most strongly I've gotten this though was from 200µg of ETH-LAD. I was outside at night in late December in Canada and still had to take my shirt off during the peak.

Overall I've had a very positive impression of ALD-52. Great euphoria and headspace (kind of empathogenic like a candyflip) and metabolizes very smoothly (although I did have some some slight G.I. issues once). Haven't had outstanding visuals from this yet, but I attribute that to set and setting (static dimly lit environment with lots of distractions). The only thing that I might prefer LSD for in some situations is the amount of energy it gives you. LSD is great for a long walk with friends or crazy Hunter S. Thomson-esque adventures. ALD-52 seems to me to have lower binding affinity to dopamine receptors than LSD, making it less potentially manic and overstimulating, but also less energetic. This may just be set and setting though, I have yet to try ALD in a social setting.

Has anyone done this in total darkness yet? I'm considering taking this up to 300µg next time and I'd like to try to maximize the visual aspect.

...I'd like to try to maximize the visual aspect.
- my recipe for that is preloading with about a gram of Piracetam (the lightest nootropic, simply put, increases communication speed between left-right hemispheres) and at times also with about 500mg of Phenibut (in structure very similar to phenethylamine and GABA, activating dopamine and GABA receptors) as well as going sightseeing before the trip. I always end up having beautiful mandala-like CEV's and morphing electric colors OEV's if I do the preparation right! =D

- my recipe for that is preloading with about a gram of Piracetam (the lightest nootropic, simply put, increases communication speed between left-right hemispheres) and at times also with about 500mg of Phenibut (in structure very similar to phenethylamine and GABA, activating dopamine and GABA receptors) as well as going sightseeing before the trip. I always end up having beautiful mandala-like CEV's and morphing electric colors OEV's if I do the preparation right! =D
I often use the same preload (Piracetam + Phenibut) but no OEV and CEV for me. But like starless my main activity is music so I don't really care.
I also take NADH at the beginning of the peak it makes the trip more relaxed and focused.

Another thing I should note is that I think the rumors of ALD-52's instability are greatly exaggerated. I've kept mine in the original mylar envelope in a drawer for months on end and have noticed no significant degradation. As long as it's kept away from extreme heat and moisture, it should keep for a long time, so don't worry about stocking up.

I agree Starless, but "months on end" isn't much time for degradation to occur even with more unstable chemicals.

I've got 2 tabs that I've had for about a year now. I found them after looking for awhile in the bottom of my stash. So, I'll try one tomorrow with my gf and post of it degraded.

Planning to take a sugar cube of LSD-25 and maybe some Eticyclidone about 2 hours on, I find it adds a lot including 24 hour trails. What a great time for chems!

I've got 2 tabs that I've had for about a year now. I found them after looking for awhile in the bottom of my stash. So, I'll try one tomorrow with my gf and post of it degraded.
- as far as I understand it, ALD-52 will degrade into regular "acid" over time of oxygenation, so either way you'll have fun imo! ;)
Couple years ago I've had, supposedly, blotters from 1965 as well as liquid from supposedly same time and they were the best I've tried. As far as I know, only ETH-LAD is rather quick to decompose into something not very active. Correct me if I'm wrong!

..all I can find is Nick Sands related.
- same here... Unfortunately there is not much research papers for novel psychedelics and I can't find anything to back up that statement, so it's just a speculation. I'd love to know what really happens though so if someone has the knowledge, please share!

A chemist tested ALD-52 and 1P-LSD so see if they easily degrade into LSD, and they don't. He posted about it on the fourth page of this thread.

I think I can contribute some valuable info here. First of all, both the ALD-52 (shouldn't we rather call it 1A-LSD?) and 1P-LSD from the blotter source are legit, I performed NMR analysis. Also, both powders (or rather stones) were quite pure, although the ALD was rather yellowish. I guess this explains the drying stains on the blotters. Since low stability was mused, I performed a stability study: I let the NMR tubes with the solutions of both 1P and ALD in D2O (deuterated water) and 1P in DMSO stand for about 3 weeks at room temperature in a shaded corner of the room. So the samples were exposed to some ambient lighting but no direct light and no or almost no UV. Both aqueous solutions gradually turned yellow, but the NMR were virtually indistinguishable after 3 weeks. Maybe 1-2% was degraded at most, and no LSD was formed during the process. This was confirmed by TLC. So there is no need to worry about the stability of the solid or blotters, if even the solution behaves this way.
- my bad, I have missed that... Thank you, cj187! :)

Last edited:
The best way to describe ald-52, like the cleanest acid you have ever took with a Valium or 2 chucked in to mellow out the whole experience

Last edited:
^ Have you ever taken LSD-25 with diazepam? I've combined 4-AcO-DMT with lorazepam, and it significantly dulls the trip in a way that isn't very appealing. I doubt that ALD-52 is much like LSD/diazepam.

ALD-52 will only degrade in the presence of acid or base (pH) and won't degrade in water or alcohol solution. The shelf life is longer than LSD-25, the experience is like LSD-25 with none of the bodily or mind discomfort. No come up anxiety, no manic thought patterns, toned back stimulation, no vaso constriction.

ALD-52 is the only psychedelic I've tried with zero bodily and psychological discomfort. It retains the potency of its Mother compound, but it's less rigid on the body and mind. This is due to the acetyl group allowing for a slow release of LSD basically, as well as being active on its own in the BBB before fully metabolizing into LSD.

ALD is a 1/5th of the toxicity and a 1/8th the pyretogenic effect comparatively to LSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.