View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy AL-LAD Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My issues with Chinese chems and their government are independent of each other. And I would probably disagree with you that Chinese chemists are doing a "fine job" compared to Euro batches especially when it comes to the more psych based RC's. Simple synths of stims and such, which hold little interest to me, are one thing, but when it comes to something more involved like AL-LAD I think only a very small percentage of the Chinese RC labs are capable of a quality production.
I feel like within your argument is the assumption that the Chinese have shitty universities; I feel like that is invalid in this argument, those Chinese chemists likely have fine educations comparable to that of the west in matters of science and mathematics. Therefore, why wouldn't they have the capabilities to follow a synthesis? It may even be easier to get precursors over there, who knows?

Oh lawd, how did you extrapolate an opinion about Chinese universities out of any of that? I feel like this tangent has gone off the rails a bit.

Yes, lets keep the discussion on-topic shall we?

I am sure if more than one supplier began to produce Al-Lad, there'd be more competition & a corresponding drop in price. But lysergide synthesis is complicated synthesis & it may take the Chinese a little time to catch up. I also suspect that some secret technique has appeared & is being used to produce Al-Lad without using LSD as a precursor. Just speculation.

The darker crystal is in fact of greater purity than the original batches of Al-Lad, perhaps because the dark crystal pushed the chemist to further purify the material.

I have used both the old batch & the new, slightly darker tabs & noticed no difference in the effect whatsoever. I have however only used the new batch a couple times. I've read plenty of stories about dark LSD crystal that produced the same kind of experience as clear crystal, so perhaps the colour variation is a result of varying production methods & doesn't suggest an impurity.

What dosage were the tabs from the new batch you tried? Were they 100mics instead of the old 150mics?

I'll try to find out some info about the appearance of the tabs in question.

However, such a color would definitely indicate a substantially less pure end product, unfortunately my chemistry knowledge isn't great enough to speculate as to what the actual cause of such coloration is.

This is an interesting point: LSD (and presumably AL-LAD), as a molecule with lots of rings, has some interesting optical properties (such as UV absorption). I wonder if just a small amount of 'not-necessarily-black' impurity could change the organisation of the solution/crystal such that it changes the light absorption properties?

Be careful and store your blotters well! Keep them away from air and light in refrigerator. Otherwise, they will fully degraded in one week like my 5 blotters. No effects at all(

Be careful and store your blotters well! Keep them away from air and light in refrigerator. Otherwise, they will fully degraded in one week like my 5 blotters. No effects at all(

How many did you take at once? Have you done al-lad before? Are you sure it's not just a dosage issue?

I keep mine wrapped in foil, in a plastic bag with the air sucked out, in a box. I don't keep it in the fridge, though. I haven't noticed any loss of potency. Is al-lad supposed to be extra sensitive to heat?

Are you sure you weren't just ripped off? Total degradation in just one week sounds unlikely unless they where wet and in direct sunlight.

I was always floored from this al-lad blotters. Now I took one blotter, then four in 3 hours. And it did nothing. Tolerance is not the issue. Blotters were from well-known british vendor.

I was always floored from this al-lad blotters. Now I took one blotter, then four in 3 hours. And it did nothing. Tolerance is not the issue. Blotters were from well-known british vendor.

But tolerance may well have been an issue. Those four you took might not have had any effect even if they were active because you took them 3 hours later, when your tolerance would be super high.

First blotter also had zero effects. My girlfriend who is very sensitive to psychedelics and has much less tolerance felt nothing too from one blotter.

How many did you take at once? Have you done al-lad before? Are you sure it's not just a dosage issue?

I keep mine wrapped in foil, in a plastic bag with the air sucked out, in a box. I don't keep it in the fridge, though. I haven't noticed any loss of potency. Is al-lad supposed to be extra sensitive to heat?

1 week? hard to imagine. i've kept somefor 6 months in a amber glass vial, away from light but at room temperature. had them last weekend ... still fucking us up good as expected.

airtight in amber glass this should stay at least 6-8 months potent. same thing in deepfreeze maybe up to 2 years.

1 week? hard to imagine. i've kept somefor 6 months in a amber glass vial, away from light but at room temperature. had them last weekend ... still fucking us up good as expected.

airtight in amber glass this should stay at least 6-8 months potent. same thing in deepfreeze maybe up to 2 years.

Mine was not airtight.

I cannot see tolerance producing a completely inactive trip! It may affect the quality of the trip but not kill it dead.

Even if it was not 100% air-tight, I cannot see the material degrading so quickly either. I am sure, with 5 tabs, if there had been some degradation within a week there would still have been enough material to have some sort of effect. If the tabs were completely inactive even with fives doses, that suggests that the active ingredient was long, long gone. I suspect in fact that the vendor himself has failed to store the tabs correctly, or is selling some of last years batch that have degraded over time.

I will say that I have had varied effects from the same batch of blotters. A few pages back I was complaining of lack of visuals from 150 ug, this past weekend I took 100ug with some ethanol and I had crazy visuals (not to mention a blast). The more I take them, the stronger they get?

Perhaps there are hot and cold spots, I don't know.

I'm still working on the theory that these tabs are very evenly laid, and that the molecule is about as stable as LSD (with respect to storage).

Right now I think that the reports of varied strength are just because of one or both of these things:

1) Tripping is always weird and so so subjective, (it's reflexively or recursively subjective if that makes any sense) and so it's really hard to compare one trip to the next. Maybe the AL-LAD experience is particularly vulnerable to expectations or interpretation.
2) There's some x-factor that we haven't figured out yet, like some food or metabolic condition that affects the strength of the trip.

Maybe my opinion will change if I start experiencing these same differences :)

Yea has any body tried the crystal from the UK? I think I might have better s
Results with it. But if the 11/2 al lad grey blotters had me at many a plus 2. The lsz is on much thicker paper. I Dunn how long ago this batch was laid. Bit anyone with experience with the crystal y that is now available let me know if you have had better results please

Status
Not open for further replies.