• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 'Age and Psychedelics' thread

If you use psychedelics, please tell us: how old are you?

• < 12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 12-15

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • 16-18

Votes: 45 16.0%
  • 19-21

Votes: 87 30.9%
  • 22-25

Votes: 52 18.4%
  • 26-30

Votes: 33 11.7%
  • 31-40

Votes: 31 11.0%
  • 41-50

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • 51-65

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • > 65

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
I'm just going to note that it bothers me how much people (here) advocate the idea that psychedelics are so beneficial. I do agree that, in some cases, psychedelics can be helpful, but it's still a drug. It still affects the chemicals in your body that control mood, sight, adrenaline, etc. A lot of you guys seem to be completely ignoring any harmful effects that the drug might have, and exaggerating the beneficial effects it might have. Not to mention, most of you have only an empirical attitude on the matter.

But more to the point: alls I'ma sayin', don't let your love of the drug blind you. :) <3 :)

Agreed, I thought I had super powers for a while after I started taking LSD. Luckily I had already graduated, if I had lost my marbles during high school that wouldn't have turned out well.

in'tresting poll results

does it mean young people quickly become fascinated with psychedelics and then get bored? or maybe this is just the average age people start researching and seeking to understand psychedelics, hence finding a poll on bluelight

my vote reflects when I was actively using psychedelics (16-18 ), the only psych's ive used in years are Ketamine (recently and only at low doses), and Salvia (a few years ago and only twice) - but during my teen years I used mushrooms and DXM on a regular basis.

What harmful effects?

I think psychological side effects from tripping too often and difficult trips would be a lot stronger in younger people. I know when I was 17 and abused acid for about 4 weeks in a row and after that I kept getting intense HPPD during the week (Have got used to it now) and insane feeling of falling out of my body and had to grab onto things so I wouldn't fall over, even though I wasn't falling at all. That to a 14 year old could be very stressful and leave a lasting impact.

IMO anyways.

Telling exact age since you're allowed/able to take psychedelics is just stupid. You can't turn 18 and suddenly your brain has developed et cetera you're allowed to try LSD.

If you feel like it's a good idea and you have any brains, then it is a good idea, most propably.

I started smoking weed the summer before my senior year. After figuring out that it was a) pretty cool, and b) not particularly bad for me, I went kinda crazy. I tried shrooms for the first time nearly 4 months after trying weed, then went to DMT, Salvia and some other stuff.

In the past year (its been only 1 year since I first smoked) I have done over 15 psychedelic drugs spread out over over 30 different experiences. I'll slow down once I get to college but for now my thought is this is the summer of experimentation. There was only once that I thought my usage level was too high (DMT 5 days in a row with some salvia and nitrous thrown in between).

I'm only 15 and I agree with most of you people. At my age most of us( but not all) use LSD and other hallucinogens for recreational reasons, to have fun and not to gain inner insight. I have used LSD 8 times (once 5 strong tabs at once). I've used low doses to help me with inner problems but I still have used to to get fucked up in a way numerous times. I am mature enough to use it but I just use it for different purposes. Everybody is different and has different purposes/ reasons to trip so I don't think age matters. But I do think age effects how you view tripping and perceive it

I first started taking acid regularly when I was about 14-15, think it was 15 to be honest. I've noticed that as I've gotten older trips are a bit more introspective, reflecting and taking something from the trip and less about running about fucked off my head laughing. But hitting the giggles and loosing it for a few hours is still a big part, wouldn't do it if it wasn't fun. I used to really love going out with a carry out running abut the streets or to a party and having a few trips instead of pills but would now tend to take pills just as it's less to think about. But then again I would've smoked a pipe out anywhere without a care or paranoid thought at all back then. Save my trips now for times with a few friends or good music or summer/festivals. There had been one or two times back then though when combining them with other drugs like pills/drink I ended up getting full parahead though but it was easily solved with something like 15mg diazepam.

I don't really know my opinion on it though to be honest, has it done me damage I'm unaware. I do think it made me into a better person though, definitely made me more open minded and just stop and look for a second. Plus had unreal times with friends on psychedelics. Awesome chemicals and visuals. :)

I started using acid pretty regularly at 13 (I was a full blown drug addict by 12) and into 14, didn't trip again till 16 and continued heavy drug/psychedelic use until now at 18. I take breaks here and there ranging from days to months, however i haven't gone without getting high or drunk for over 9 months in a row since 11 years old but hey, I start college next semester, I'm healthy, VERY bright, and am saving for my own car and appartment soon.

^ haha what I was getting at in my previous post is that I don't think age matters with tripping, although when I drive past my Jr. High and see all the 13 year olds I always think "Damn how was i able to hadle up to 6 hits of acid being that young." go figure.

when I drive past my Jr. High and see all the 13 year olds I always think "Damn how was i able to hadle up to 6 hits of acid being that young."
First got into drugs sophomore year of highschool, DXM came first, then pot, then I learned where the acid was by the end of that year. Didn't do anything else until a couple years later. 31 now, and god god damn do high-school kids look young.

Might of done a little better for myself if I didn't let my depression my first year of college turn into xanax, booze and pot every night with the kids that obviously were not gonna make it. The psychs never hurt me beyond a couple weeks of having the creeps. DXM, benzos and my hermetic and self-loathing tendencies on the other had certainly limited my options in life, and the psychs never really helped that either. I have always loved tripping though, and likely always will.

First got into drugs sophomore year of highschool, DXM came first, then pot, then I learned where the acid was by the end of that year. Didn't do anything else until a couple years later. 31 now, and god god damn do high-school kids look young.

Might of done a little better for myself if I didn't let my depression my first year of college turn into xanax, booze and pot every night with the kids that obviously were not gonna make it. The psychs never hurt me beyond a couple weeks of having the creeps. DXM, benzos and my hermetic and self-loathing tendencies on the other had certainly limited my options in life, and the psychs never really helped that either. I have always loved tripping though, and likely always will.

Haha yeah some of them are really young looking.. but then there are the few girls who you would swear were in their twenties who will land your ass in jail lol! I think its all an age perspective thing though, you and I were both just as young looking. Its like being a child and thinking every year there was at least 4 feet of snow and now you wonder where all the snow went.. it never really went anywhere, its just your perspective changed (regardless of the psychs!)

Tripping has always been a truly unique experience for me, I can't wait to test run this 25i-nbome I acquired. its been quite some time indeed. looking for something a little mellower on the head than mushrooms and LSD is rare/impossible to come across for me, so to RC's it is :)

I've met two people that I consider 'on the level' with me. By 'on the level' I mean I don't have to explain myself to them, they understand are of similar mind. One was E, my partner of almost 9 years and you hear about her in my reports from 2000-2003 and then a new friend, Lococo. Anyway, E turned on with me at age 18 or so, she had already come into her own and the LSD we took showed her place in the universe. Since then, she and I had a lot of trips and she continues to trip in her own life now that we are a few states away....she has never had a 'bad trip' and never had her ass handed back to her (like I used to ALL THE TIME). Same with Lococo, my new buddy and first officer.....he turned on in his early 20s and continues to surprise me when we trip together with his big head and no fear attitude. He never has had his 'handed to him' except on 5-MeO-DMT.

I turned on as a little kid, just barely 15, with a full dose of morning glory locked away in my bedroom at night with my old best friend J. Then got into LSD and mushrooms at 17 or so...and used to have trips most people would define as 'bad' and they were all things BUT bad.....however, they were psychological tormenting to the fullest extreme. As a graduate of psychology, I can see in hindsight why I used to freak the fuck out and why I don't now.

Point of my rant....wait until you are 18. I know 18 isn't a magic age, some 15 year olds are more mature than some 30 year olds...but 18 is the age in the West at least we all agree makes us an adult.

I think you will get so much more from a trip if you wait until you are an adult, and the smart people I value around me prove my contention to be true.

I'm 50 and take mushrooms and lsd. Been taking them since I was 18 or 19. Usually dose quite low, around 2g liberty caps or less than 1 tab.

I'm 52, and my drugs of choice are beer, mushrooms and cannabis. I've tried 4-HO-DiPT and 4-AcO-DMT in the last few weeks. Started experimenting with drugs in 1985 when I started pharmacology as a grad student. Marijuana first (see, it is a gateway drug....Hah!). I dropped out/was kicked out (depending on who tells the story :)) in April/89. As a grad student I started abusing benzo's and barbituates and once made metahamphetamine. Since 1989 I've been a lab tech. My current drugs of choice are still beer, mushrooms and cannabis (and add tryptamines into the mix). Never tried stims, and am just not interested in them.

I make/grow my favorites.

Tom

Well I think after higschool would be smart, just so the drugs don't distract you from your work HOWEVER i think age has nothing to do with it, as long as you have a strong sense of self and a firm understanding of the world you'll be fine.

Well put! =D