• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Adrenochrome Thread

What Yerg said. It's a chemical but not a psychedelic. It's not used anywhere in the world (certainly not "recreationally") so there is no dose or street price to worry about :)

Isnt it just adrenaline gone sour ( so to speak). Having no real psychadelic properties

Merged the loose ones in :)
Don't expect to find revolutionary info in these pages tho

As long as people keep reading Hunter S. they will be curious about Adrenochrome...

I'm pretty sure i read an interview with thompson where he said that the adrenochrome story was fictitious, can't find it right off hand though, will post if i do. I know adrenochrome semicarbozone is not active, but as for other variants, i'm not sure. I am pretty skeptical though

According to my fictional analysis it makes pure mescaline look like ginger beer.

But seriously, adrenochrome posesses no psychedelic properties afaik. As Mr F&B put it:

Oxidation product of adrenaline (pinkish colour vials). If you want to stop your capillaries from bleeding profusely, use adrenachrome semicarbazone, but don't expect that in the process you'll get anything psychedelic.

Maybe you could post some info that was left out?

The Adrenochrome portion of Fear & Loathing is fiction for sure,in the book they say it can only be obtained via the adrenal (or pineal I forget which) gland of a living human being.In the book his lawyer gets the Adrenochrome from a group of satanists in exchange for a debt and while in the hotel room you can hear the radio in the background talking about how the police found a body w the gland removed.But I think maybe part of the reason why people ask about Agrenochrome semicarbazone is that it was featured in a book called Legal Highs.I had the book but I forget what it said about Adrenochrome semicarbazone.Most of the book was BS though it featured things like smoking banana peels or California poppies and things like that that don't get you high at all.

Last edited:
The way they get adrenochrome is by sacrificing a living person and scaring the shit out of them while they ritually murder them... blood is harvested from certain parts of the body and then drink it that's why satanists have it.... hunter s Thompson was a very disturbing man who supposedly got off on watching children be murdered in this fashion

I have to admit I was more than a little disapointed when I found out this wasn't a real thing and was in fact made up. It makes for a great pieace of fiction though. That part in the movie I remember being really young and think "wow this is so amazing satan visuals and how much stronger than mescaline it is". I remember thinking about this one often even during comeups of rough trips thinking "well at least its not as strong as that scene from fear and loathing" and this would calm me down.

Adrenochrome was investigated by Humphrey Osmond upon learning that in WWII there were accounts of hallucinations from people hooked up to bags of aged adrenaline which had turned pink. He experienced spots in his vision and nothing noteworthy taking place in the mind.

Hunter Thompson's report on adrenochrome sounds much more similar to what one might expect from a whopping large dose of DOM, which is likely to have been tried by the author. "It felt like a combination of Mescaline and Methedrine" the notion that it lasted 3 days appears in the account as well. And having taken too much resulting in a super long and disorienting trip. There it is - my theory is that Thompson had tried DOM and it was insane, and he wrote about it under the guise of Adrenochrome being extracted from living human tissue because that severely ramps up the Hard Core Tripping Story factor.