• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Adrenochrome Thread

Hunter Thompson is (was) a journalist with a flair for, shall we say exaggeration in the process of getting the point of a story across. Humphry Osmond was a psychiatrist who was a leading researcher into psychedelic drugs and their theraputic applications from the 50's onwards.

If you want an accurate description of the central effects of adrenochrome (or adrenolutin), find a copy of the book Osmond co-authored - 'The Hallucinogens'. If you want a good story with little to no clinical pharmacology, look to HST.

Adrenochrome semicarbazone has a clinical use for stopping bleeding from capillary beds; it is NOTHING like the description in 'Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas'.

If no-one has anything more that's relevant to it's central actions, I'm going to close this thread.

The clock is ticking...

Oh and BTW

and about Hunter S Thompson being a journalist for ESPN, that is a crock of shit, the guy shot himself in the head sometime earlier this year. read the following article my friends there's pictures and all

Look at the dates on the other posts. He WAS a journalist working for ESPN at the time the posts were written.

For fuck's sake. I swear that the number of people putting their opinion in gear without ever engaging their brain on here is getting worse all the time.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, this discussion will continue to pop up now and then...mainly because a lot of people want to know the effects but apparently noone has had the balls or opportunity to try it.

I had (oral, snorted and smoked) and I posted a short report in another adrenochrome thread of the psychedelic drugs forum. It was poorly psychoactive, and certainly not hallucinogenic.

But you can also search for pages posted by Morningloryseed in another thread which describe Osmond trip report with adrenochrome IV which was successful (hallucinogenic)

[q]For fuck's sake. I swear that the number of people putting their opinion in gear without ever engaging their brain on here is getting worse all the time.[/q]

well excuse me! no need to be a fucking prick about it im sorry im not perfect like you mr almighty fastandbulbous. what the fuck is wrong with these boards?
this world really is fucked up!
ps. what is it with people online being so fucking full of themselves and stuck up?

Last edited:
well excuse me! no need to be a fucking prick about it im sorry im not perfect like you mr almighty fastandbulbous.

I'm not perfect - I've made plenty of mistakes, but YOU were the one saying that it was a 'crock of shit' (your very words) that Hunter Thompson was a journalist for ESPN. Yes he WAS, but if you'd bothered to look at the date of the last post before yours, you'd see that it was from THREE YEARS AGO.

ps. what is it with people online being so fucking full of themselves and stuck up?

You were the one who started off using language like 'crock of shit' like you were the expert (a "I thought he was dead" would have sufficed) on his history; so when you start off like that, don't be surprised when people counter you using the same sort of exacerbated language. Had you asked a question about him being dead, rather than being full of swagger and having an attitude of 'he's dead, you idiots', then I'd have replied quite politely.

The fact that at no point did you even hint at 'Oops, never realized the last post was 3 years old' just goes to show that I was most probably accurate in my initial assessment.

I would have apologized for going off half-cocked in such a situation. As to your question "what's wrong with these boards?", I'd venture to repeat my initial comment about people's mouths/opinions being put in gear without ever troubling to include their brain.

ok, i apologize it's been a REAL bad day. maybe i shouldn't have reacted like that . and yes, maybe i shouldn't have been so rude in my first post.
you're not the first person's head i bit off today

Fair enough - I've not exactly been Mr Tolerant these last few weeks. It's all water under the bridge now :)

semi-on topic but it seems appropriate here given the misconceptions floating around

HST's words from 'The Great Shark Hunt'[excerpt in the jacket for FALILV]

So maybe there's hope. Or maybe i'm going mad. These are not easy things to be sure of, either way... and in the meantime we have this failed experiment in Gonzo Jounralism, the certain truth of which will never be established. That much is definite. Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas will have to be chalked off as a frenzied experiment, a fine idea that went crazy about halfway through... a victim of its own conceptual schizophrenia, caught & finally crippled in that vain, academic limbo between "journalism" & "fiction."

and that should be the final word on using HST's accounts there as watermark

The Main Adrenochrome Thread

Is this stuff actually real? According to erowid it seems to be iffy...

Just wondering if anyone could share some insight about this substance?

Wikipedia said its a realy chemical, that is rarely used as a psychedelic and does not have to be obtained from a living donor

This topic seems to pop up at least once or twice a year, with little more then this type of discussion. Some people are adamant its active, others aren't. My view on it would be that if it was active and psychedelic, there wouldn't be much doubt. Using the search engine will find you very similar threads. :)

Oxidation product of adrenaline (pinkish colour vials). If you want to stop your capillaries from bleeding profusely, use adrenachrome semicarbazone, but don't expect that in the process you'll get anything psychedelic.

Hunter S Thompson must be peeing himself with laughter up there (or down there, but I do hope not!) that so many people believe the passage about it in 'Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas'.

may everybody forgive me for digging this out, but seeing that it has been 4 years since the last post, has anybody and new and relevant information?

I refuse to believe...

Adrenochrome

Adrenochrome.
1. How rear is it.
2. In what parts of the world is it used as a recreational drug most.
3. What is the recomended dose for a new user.
4. What are street prices like.