• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Big & Dandy 6-APB Thread (Part 5)

Man it does take a long time to hit then huh? Do you get any of the empathetic effects people talk about?

Only sometimes. Euphoria is always there, more so than with mdma, ime. But half the time, instead of empathy, I'm filled with my own hedonistic joy. It has given me empathy in a group setting. But, I think it might be better suited for a long night alone. One where I can do as I please, when I please.

After six weeks my tolerance is still high, I used to be able to get completely screwed on half of the branded 6-APB...Oh well.

Also I seem to have developed a really awful sweat rash from stim use on my arse. I'd rather psychosis than anything physical dammit!

Well I finally got a pure batch of the 6-apb. I have yet to try it though. Will let you know how it is compared to the other batch I had which I did not enjoy much at all.

To me, 6-apb seems like a bad choice now that 5-IT is in town. This is because 6-apb seems like it can't be taken except once a month? That is pretty extreme with the wait period. Even MDA I could take several times a week and get off great every time. So 6-apb must be a lot more draining or something....this is what turns me off, but I'll wait till my brain is fresh (if that ever happens) and try it out. I know 5-IT works everytime I take it, and you never seem to get a tolerance to that stuff much....too bad 6-apb is not like that or I would give it a try sooner, but I don't want to waste the experience by risking it on low brain chemicals.

I had told a friend about 6-apb and she decided to buy some (a rather large quantity at that) and decided that after trying it she did not want it anymore and decided to just give me the rest to get it off of her hands. A buddy and I decided we were going to use it at a festival. We had taken one (aprox.115) at about 3:30 pm and didn't feel much until about 5:00 and only felt like we were slightly rolling on MDMA. By 7:30 we had taken three each and felt a very strong rolling sensation very similar to the effects of MDMA. I had smoked 2 joints after swallowing the third pill and felt pure bliss. I felt kind of lazy and was enjoying just sitting down and taking everything in. When i'm on MDMA I'm ready to go and find it very hard to sit down. By 8:30 the one dj we were all there for was finally on and me and my buddy are in a heavy roll, the music has taken over and i almost felt like i had no control as my body was just in constant movement. Everything from 9pm-12am is one huge blur, i vaguely remember kissing a girl i was with and getting a light show from someone but everything else is lost and i have absolutely no recollection of the last two hours of the festival or getting home. No chance in hell i was sleeping on this and i was rolling til about 5 in the morning before i saw any signs of a comedown. diarrhea for about two days after taking but not so much for my buddy. days after i still had a feeling like everything wasn't right, i felt like my days were just blurred together but maybe it's a summer thing. Every time i had tried to sleep for the next 7 days i was getting some of the most terrifying nightmares i had ever had and found myself almost scared to go to sleep. I also felt a lot of emptiness emotionally, i was depressed and felt alone for a good week after taking these which is never me usually. i am a very happy person generally so to find myself feelings these emotions was daunting. all in all the feeling of the 6-apb was like very strong MDMA in the dosage i had taken. I do not think the feelings after the fact were worth the 5+ hours i got to enjoy at a festival. The week after was a very lonely week for me...

Anyone know if Zyprexa will block the effects of this drug?

Also, is Marquis or mandelin a better reagent when testing?

Last edited:
Only sometimes. Euphoria is always there, more so than with mdma, ime. But half the time, instead of empathy, I'm filled with my own hedonistic joy. It has given me empathy in a group setting. But, I think it might be better suited for a long night alone. One where I can do as I please, when I please.

Redbong I'm with you on this, That is exactly what it did to me, I enjoyed the hell out of it but I would really rather have something I can enjoy with a group of people. I would like to find something similar to mdma, Something that will make me enjoy being around people. I wonder what would be a better mix mdai/6apb or 5apb/6apb

I'm still in a way wondering if I didn't just get a shitty batch also, Because I had no jaw clenching and no real side effects, After reading all the reports I figured I'd be in for a shitty comedown, but the worst I had was a major headache and throat hurt like hell, probably from snorting about 100 mg altogether. Maybe I did just get a bad batch.

Last edited by a moderator:
6-apb is not meant to be snorted. I'm pretty sure its too thick and doesn't break down in the mucus membranes the right way so you wont get the full effect, should of tried popping it for the first time.

I did pop it first almost 100 mg I didn't snort it until an hour and a half passed by and I still wasn't feeling it. Thats why I took it up the nostril after that I did feel it though. Along with alot of pain. I think it might be much better if I take it with some 5apb or some mdai It seems to lack what they bring

I started out on Friday night and ended up doing 1 gram by saturday night and got nothing like what I've read about. Seems like I should have been feeling some major effects. I enjoy sitting around relaxing and chatting with people but I got none of this from the 6, I don't know maybe its just not for me. Maybe I react differently than most people. To tell you the truth I seriously got more out of mdai alone than this. It just lacked the whole social aspect of things.

Last edited by a moderator:
5-IAI has never been synthed. Every vendor selling it is bullshitting. Analysis of each 5-IAI batch has revealed it to be other chemicals.

I did pop it first almost 100 mg I didn't snort it until an hour and a half passed by and I still wasn't feeling it. Thats why I took it up the nostril after that I did feel it though. Along with alot of pain. I think it might be much better if I take it with some 5apb or some mdai It seems to lack what they bring

That"s cause apb can easily take up to a full 3 hours to hit ya, so probably some of the nasty snorted dose added a littlemtomyour overall effect but it was surely mainly from the oral dose:)

Take your planned dose orally and wait for it to come on fully next time, best way bar none imo.

Though if you never got a good effect, then the batch was either bad, you had a tolerance from other substances or simply, apb works really bad for you :)
Br/c-dc

you got a link that prooves that ?

You got a link that shows 5-IAI was ever synthed? I'm pretty sure any GC/MS results I have seen for substances sold as 5-IAI showed that there was in fact no 5-IAI. I'm pretty sure I read this in the 5-IAI Big and Dandy threads somewhere. Maybe I didn't, but the point still stands that unless it's sent for analysis, you certainly can't say for sure that what anyone received was 5-IAI.

Anyway, first post! I have tortured though all of the 6-APB threads, and I would just like to complain at the total lack of control from the moderators. I read them all to get as much info as I could about this substance, only to read endless pages of rambling. More recently, the painfully repetitive and off-topic posts from King of Beans. Please, for everyone's sake (and harm reduction's sake), enforce the rules that you run by!

I have tried 6-APB 6 times now, with doses ranging between 100mg and 150mg. This is a very promising substance. My experiences coincide with the other good experiences on here, so I see no use in making any trip reports. I would like to say, however, that I do get very hot while under the influence of 6-APB. I suffer from hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) so I sweat very easily. In fact, I over sweat, and I often get the chills due to this. I also get diarrhoea during the come-up. These are the only side effects that put me off. I also get a dry mouth, large pupils, wobbly eyes and legs, jaw clenching, increased heart rate, but these don't bother me so much.

Could anyone suggest a remedy for the diarrhoea on the come-up? I am yet to try this substance out in a club, only because of this reason.

I would just like to stress that I personally can overheat very quickly while on 6-APB, and it is possible that you could too. Drinking water and having breaks like you would on MDMA is strongly advised. In fact, treat this substance exactly like it were MDMA. Remember the 1 Month Rule, but ideally 3 months at least is recommended. I have had no bad come-downs or Tuesday Blues with 6-APB, maybe I'm lucky, who knows.

Also, this can take a long time to kick in. Please, for your first time, give at least 3 hours for effects to kick in before you even consider redosing. Also, the high comes in waves. One minute you're fucked out of your brains on tunes, the other you feel completely sober. Don't redose while on the sober part of a wave thinking that you're coming down. Be aware that the high could come straight back when considering redosing.

On the topic of redosing, I haven't had much success with it. The desired-effects/side-effects ratio decreases massively after redosing. It seems that to get the best effects, the first dose has to be just right. You need to find your dose, so start low and work your way up. I started with 125mg and was almost overwhelmed by the experience. Slightly higher and things may have gotten out of control. 100mg is a good starting dose, but if you're new to recreational drugs, or are nervous about your first experience with 6-apb, 75mg would be a good dose to give mild effects, and will certainly not be too much.

Make sure you know how to look after yourself while under the influence of this drug. I would follow the same recommendations as with MDMA. And don't think of this drug as an MD(M)A replacement; it is a wonderful drug in its own right! Perhaps when this gets banned, we will be looking for a 6-APB replacement! And most importantly... have fun! (And before you say that being safe is more important than having fun, remember you chose to consume a research chemical in the first place... By all means be safe, but have fun at the same time)

Last edited:
Redbong I'm with you on this, That is exactly what it did to me, I enjoyed the hell out of it but I would really rather have something I can enjoy with a group of people. I would like to find something similar to mdma, Something that will make me enjoy being around people. I wonder what would be a better mix mdai/6apb or 5apb/6apb

The combo of 5 and 6 apb is definitely better for empathy, though I still wouldn't say its on par with mdma. Nothing has been ime. I've never had mdai though.

MDAI is a highly Selective Serotonin Releasing Agent (SSRA). 6-APB is speculated to be a releasing agent and reuptake inhibitor of serotonin, norepinephrine and dopamine. If I were to try this combo I would definitely be careful with dosages, as to avoid serotonin sydrome. I suspect the same goes for 5-APB. A combo of 5-APB and 6-APB has been tried by many. I would suggest reading these to give you some ideas:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/548570-The-Big-amp-Dandy-5-APB-Thread
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/600567-6-APB-Subthread-Combinations

I have only tried 6-APB so far, but with all the contradicting comparisons I've read between the two, I think they are very similar in effects. 5-APB does seem to be ~30% stronger dose for dose, so if anything, it is more cost effective. 6-APB has been used MUCH more though, which gives me a somewhat more peace of mind than if I were experimenting with 5-APB.

IMO 6-APB isn't a drug to combine with. It acts as a releasing agent AND reuptake inhibitor of the 3 aforementioned neurons, so there is nothing missing chemically. I agree that I do find myself lost in my own world of bliss on this substance, and I can imagine not being very social among a group of friends. To me, this is a drug for those rainy nights home alone. I'm still willing to give it a go in a club before I finalize this idea though.

Maybe some drug combos will work, maybe they won't, but I personally believe this drug is it's own drug and not accompanied very well. Plus you're putting yourself at more risk when combining drugs.

you certainly can't say for sure that what anyone received was 5-IAI.

Excuse me, but what?!
Did i say that ??
If the larger vendors are lying then the info needs to get out. Someone being 'pretty sure' they may have read something somewhere is hearsay, not evidence. I was asking a question, not making a statement.

Im going to a 12H non stop rave this weekend, so out of all options thought 6-APB would be the best option for such long party, but I was thinking.... If things get boring would top up with low dose mdma be recommendable? Any potential downsides?

Also, just one more question, anyone tried mixing with K?

Thanks in advance. ;)

I've found 6-APB to work fine for 12H "music festival then club" enjoyment, with a redose about 4-5 hours in as part of the plan. You will have definite waves during it, with inevitable trough periods. I find it great though, and am looking forward to doing it next friday at a music festival myself.

Also excellent is AMT with occasional doses of MXE - AMT trip lasts even longer than 6-APB and is also good for euphoria / music appreciation if not quite to 6-APB levels. More trippiness / visuals though with amt. The MXE boosts that side of things nicely towards the end of the trip....