View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-MiPT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think 5-MeO-MiPT is an MAOI (other than it's very small competitive monoamine oxidase inhibition, which all tryptamines share). There's an inkling that it may be a mild serotonin releaser, which doesn't explain much since other SRAs can be used in combo. I admit, I'm not really sure why it is bad in combo with empathogenic stimulants, but it does seem to be the case going by other's reports.

Anyone here combined meoMIPT with stims before? I'm a bit sketch about the possible MAOI (and subsequent serotonin syndrome) effects.

I recently tried a combo of 13mgs of 5-MeO-MIPT and 50mgs of MDMA. It was intense to put it lightly. There was a period of about 30 minutes or so where I felt totally lost in a cacophony of sound and light. I could handle it but just barely. I didn't notice any adverse after effects from it except for a total inability to sleep for about 16 hours or so. It was just not going to happen. It didn't seem to increase to muscle tension that I usually associate with MIPT but the increase in overall energy was rather extreme. If I ever try this again I will definitely be lowering the doses.

I don't think 5-MeO-MiPT is an MAOI (other than it's very small competitive monoamine oxidase inhibition, which all tryptamines share). There's an inkling that it may be a mild serotonin releaser, which doesn't explain much since other SRAs can be used in combo. I admit, I'm not really sure why it is bad in combo with empathogenic stimulants, but it does seem to be the case going by other's reports.

I think it's just because 5-meo tryptamines are generally weird/harsh on the body. I took m1 on the tail end of a moxy trip and it didn't feel dangerous, just incredibly uncomfortable with exaggerated vomiting.

The transition from a methoxetamine-induced state of consciousness to a low-dose of 5-meo-mipt(5mg) was really odd and uncomfortable for both myself and my gf.
Setting could have played a part, but we were both having sexy time and decided to take the 5-meo-mipt on the afterglow(shortly after peak) of methoxetamine. Around 20 minutes after orally consuming the 5-meo-mipt, the predominant "whosh whosh whosh" fan noises in the background came to an abrupt hault and the room became silent.

We both became pretty anxious/depressed. This was not anything like what we experienced a week prior on our first 5-meo-mipt trip which was double the amount(10mg).

Could the 4-FA that we tried the day before have had an impact on this experience? Lack of serotonin, tolerance, etc.

We were also already up and moving during our first experience on 5-meo-mipt which could have played a part in how much we enjoyed it. We were already on methoxetamine during our first trip as well so I don't believe the methoxetamine had anything to do with our disappointing second trip.

It did not feel good to lay down to us. Would being up and about on the comeup possibly fix this for future trips. I'm obviously going to do this next time, I just wanted to point out the weirdness that was experienced while going from the disassociated state to another.

The transition from a methoxetamine-induced state of consciousness to a low-dose of 5-meo-mipt(5mg) was really odd and uncomfortable for both myself and my gf.
Setting could have played a part, but we were both having sexy time and decided to take the 5-meo-mipt on the afterglow(shortly after peak) of methoxetamine. Around 20 minutes after orally consuming the 5-meo-mipt, the predominant "whosh whosh whosh" fan noises in the background came to an abrupt hault and the room became silent.

We both became pretty anxious/depressed. This was not anything like what we experienced a week prior on our first 5-meo-mipt trip which was double the amount(10mg).

Could the 4-FA that we tried the day before have had an impact on this experience? Lack of serotonin, tolerance, etc.

We were also already up and moving during our first experience on 5-meo-mipt which could have played a part in how much we enjoyed it. We were already on methoxetamine during our first trip as well so I don't believe the methoxetamine had anything to do with our disappointing second trip.

It did not feel good to lay down to us. Would being up and about on the comeup possibly fix this for future trips. I'm obviously going to do this next time, I just wanted to point out the weirdness that was experienced while going from the disassociated state to another.
Whenever I research 5-MeO-MIPT, I always make it a point to try to move around. It can be just walking a bit or dancing or swimming (highly recommend swimming on it). It seems to really help me with any problems I might have with the comeup and prevent any kind of muscle tension/soreness that can come from moxy.

In recent weeks, I have found that a low dosage mix of moxy (below 5 milligrams) and a functional stimulant (10-20 mg d-amp or 20-40 mg methylphenidate) puts me exactly where I want to be.

On its own, in moderate doses, moxy provides me with a pleasant tryptamine buzz, an exceptional tactile enhancement and wild flights of imagination (akin to what a medium dose of mushrooms or a strong cannabis high could offer) and at the same time leaves me significantly clear-headed. That is, compared to other psychedelics, so it still has some body load, confusion and laziness which renders it less functional than one might request.

And this, of course, is where the addition of a functional stimulant (preferrably amphetamine) comes into play. With this modest tweak, all the positives of moxy remain while the negatives are flushed away. A kind of heightened awareness is produced, which retains both the sharpened focus of the stimulants and the immense "here and now" aspect of moxy. Naturally, the first 2-3 hours are slightly more moxy-dominated, with the rest being increasingly functional.

Regarding combinations with higher doses of either substance, it is probably unwise, at least for reaching the aforementioned balance of effects. The physical discomfort of moxy would likely be intensified and other potentially serious side effects might emerge. Higher doses of moxy also tend to be less friendly in terms of emotional stability IME.

Anyway, as I mentioned initially, the described state of mind is something I personally find highly desirable, and particularly so for spending time alone (reading books, playing guitar, etc). For example, cannabis grants milder but similar psychedelia, but even layered atop some central stimulation, it's still kind of hazy. So judging by the ratio of psychedelic effects to function impairment, this combo is a strong contender! But if one wishes primarily to savour moxy's aphrodisiac qualities, the addition of a stimulant is probably redundant. And I can see how many consider mixing in MDMA and the like for weekend settings, but personally I'd pass on those combos.

So my friends and I tried a 5mg dose each a few nights ago and experienced a weird uneasiness, almost on the verge on nausea but not quite. Does anyone else experience this? I'm thinking it might have to do with us just sitting around watching tv and having all that anxious energy and/or the dose wasn't too strong so we were stuck in that awkward spot of not fully tripping.

^^ probably a mix of both the things that you said in that last sentence. under-dosing a psychedelic can be less than enjoyable, and watching TV on any dose can be pretty weird haha.

^^alright, I just wanted to check since I didn't come across too many reports where the person felt uncomfortable/nauseous. We will try again at higher doses and in a better situation. Even as it was, it wasn't unenjoyable though.

So my friends and I tried a 5mg dose each a few nights ago and experienced a weird uneasiness, almost on the verge on nausea but not quite. Does anyone else experience this? I'm thinking it might have to do with us just sitting around watching tv and having all that anxious energy and/or the dose wasn't too strong so we were stuck in that awkward spot of not fully tripping.

Nausea seems to be fairly prevalent with my friends at least (probably more than half experience it at least some of the time). It seems to help if they get up and move around and the feeling tends to go away in about 30 minutes or so.

I have had 2 different experiences with this compound. Version 1 of the compound is very mellow, euphoric, sensual, and easy on the body. No nausea, just an amazing experience from start to finish. This version is light and fluffy in appearance

Version 2 seems like a different substance entirely. Same psychedelic head space, but speedy in feeling, punctuated by heavy nausea and anxiety. This version appears more salt like. Basically not even enjoyable.

My partner and I have tried these versions independently as well as combined, and both reported the same issues.

Are there different synths for this? Or different forms that cause it to react differently?

I have had 2 different experiences with this compound. Version 1 of the compound is very mellow, euphoric, sensual, and easy on the body. No nausea, just an amazing experience from start to finish. This version is light and fluffy in appearance

Version 2 seems like a different substance entirely. Same psychedelic head space, but speedy in feeling, punctuated by heavy nausea and anxiety. This version appears more salt like. Basically not even enjoyable.

My partner and I have tried these versions independently as well as combined, and both reported the same issues.

Are there different synths for this? Or different forms that cause it to react differently?

I know there's a HCL form and a fumurate form, but I've never heard people having different experiences from them.

Me and my friend are sitting on an egg waiting to crack it open, is there anything you all would offer as advice to guide the trip when ingesting 5-meo-mipt? Kinds of music? Blankets?

Me and my friend are sitting on an egg waiting to crack it open, is there anything you all would offer as advice to guide the trip when ingesting 5-meo-mipt? Kinds of music? Blankets?
In my experience just about all music sounds good on it. It's better if it's something danceable because it is quite stimulating so it's nice to be able to work that energy out. Also, go swimming on it. You will not be disappointed. Be prepared for some initial nausea (doesn't always happen but is fairly common) but know that it will go away eventually.

5meomipt+2cp ? i think i read in a thread that it was risky but can't find it...
im thinking on doing this next week but can't find info on the combo

5meomipt+2cp ? i think i read in a thread that it was risky but can't find it...
im thinking on doing this next week but can't find info on the combo

I've never heard of anyone doing this combo, but if you do, keep in mind that the MIPT is going to wear off before the 2c-p does.

I've heard a few people say that mixing 5-MeO-Mipt with a stimulant makes it feel more MDMA-esque. What is your guys favorite stim to mix it with? Experiences? Anybody have experiences mixing it with 4-FA or 2-FMA?

I mixed it with M1 and the result was projectile vomiting. Moxy kinda has a weird body load to it, and I think mixing it with stimulants only exacerbates that. If you do plan to do an M1/stimulant combo, I'd suggest dosing low on both to begin with.

5-MeO-MiPT and other 5-MeO tryptamines tend to raise blood pressure a lot (more so than other psychedelics), so mixing that with random stimulants is probably a bad idea.

I've heard a few people say that mixing 5-MeO-Mipt with a stimulant makes it feel more MDMA-esque. What is your guys favorite stim to mix it with? Experiences? Anybody have experiences mixing it with 4-FA or 2-FMA?

I would advise against this. The one time I mixed it with something was not really a pleasant experience. 5-MeO-MIPT is already somewhat close to an MDMA feel IMO. I mean, of course it's not the same but you do get an increased sensation of touch and some more emotional openness. It's really best to just experience MIPT by itself and enjoy it for what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.