• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-MALT Thread

I don't know exactly how much I smoked, but I weighed out 10mg and it looked like more than half was left afterwards. I was tripping fairly hard, but not to the point of leaving reality or anything like that. The main effects were about an hour but I experienced some residual stimulation for quite a while afterwards. I think it was 5 or 6 hours later that I was able to sleep.
This are good news.

In a Swedish forum they commented that the duration for vaporized 5-meo-malt was similar to DMT. It seems that there are different versions about this.

DocLad

A week ago I insufflated 5mg of 5-meo-malt hcl.

I have been a bluelight lurker for many years, and know others will find this to be valuable new information, so that's why I finally joined to share this.

On tripsit, insufflated is listed as:
5-10 light
10-20 common
20+ strong

But as far as I can see on what has been reported in this thread, I believe that's most likely based on the freebase and/or oxalate.
The dosage listed could be correct, but judging by what I experienced I have a feeling it might possibly be a bit more potent.

I went in thinking I would experience light bodily effects, and nothing visual.
But I was very pleasantly surprised, as I got a good amount of visuals, creeping and crawling, enough to believe 10mg may very well be pretty strong.
Slight bodily tension in legs and neck was present, like one can experience with phenethylamines, or dare I say 5-meo-mipt, but didn't notice much else.
Music was really immersive, can't imagine what it's like on a higher dosage, guess I'll have to find out.

I was peaking in half an hour, visuals were gone in one and a half, with bodily sensations lingering on for a bit longer.
Felt really good and revitalized, if the bodily effects don't dominate like they supposedly do on 5-meo-dmt (scared to try it) then I'm sure this one is going to be perfect for me.

I felt a tiny bit of pressure in my nose during the come up, and a miniscule amount of drip, so the route of administration, at least at this dosage, was perfect.

Next time (maybe tomorrow) I'm going for 10mg insufflated, and see where that leads me (With no tolerance of any kind).

A week ago I insufflated 5mg of 5-meo-malt hcl.

I have been a bluelight lurker for many years, and know others will find this to be valuable new information, so that's why I finally joined to share this.

On tripsit, insufflated is listed as:
5-10 light
10-20 common
20+ strong

But as far as I can see on what has been reported in this thread, I believe that's most likely based on the freebase and/or oxalate.
The dosage listed could be correct, but judging by what I experienced I have a feeling it might possibly be a bit more potent.

I went in thinking I would experience light bodily effects, and nothing visual.
But I was very pleasantly surprised, as I got a good amount of visuals, creeping and crawling, enough to believe 10mg may very well be pretty strong.
Slight bodily tension in legs and neck was present, like one can experience with phenethylamines, or dare I say 5-meo-mipt, but didn't notice much else.
Music was really immersive, can't imagine what it's like on a higher dosage, guess I'll have to find out.

I was peaking in half an hour, visuals were gone in one and a half, with bodily sensations lingering on for a bit longer.
Felt really good and revitalized, if the bodily effects don't dominate like they supposedly do on 5-meo-dmt (scared to try it) then I'm sure this one is going to be perfect for me.

I felt a tiny bit of pressure in my nose during the come up, and a miniscule amount of drip, so the route of administration, at least at this dosage, was perfect.

Next time (maybe tomorrow) I'm going for 10mg insufflated, and see where that leads me (With no tolerance of any kind).
Nice! I hear good things. I tried vaping a little bit once and I got major body tension, so I figured it wasn't for me.

This is interesting seems to be only in hcl form at my source. Can i just "crack" it up with baking soda like i do with DPT? I don't like snorting things.

You can eat it, but generally yeah you can turn it into freebase. Don't see why baking soda wouldn't be basic enough to do it, but I can't confirm for sure.

Just logged in after a while since I saw this was available and check if a lot of people were talking about it. Don't sleep on this one, I once got this as a free sample since no one was buying it at the time and so far my most ridiculous experience has been on a combination of this and 3-MeO-PCE and 5-MeO-MiPT. I cannot really explain and it's been far too long, but just the fact that I come back after all these years just to share this should tell you something :laughing: One of my favorite experiences ever, though it was a bit much at the time because I was out partying lol. I must insist though that this combination is not recommended, given the potential for serotonin syndrome but I was dissociated and did not care about any harm to myself at the time. Dodget a bullet there.

But this material even on it's own does very unique things, like not time dilation but things actually moving in slow motion, heavy trailing, glowing/breathing effect. It's also a very colorful substance, good body high too but tension does indeed occur. Insane CEVs at higher dosages. I do not remember my exact dosages but I didn't need a lot for sure. Also don't remember what salt it was, so maybe my info wouldn't be relevant anyway. At any rate, this is IME a top tier substance and I've been looking for it ever since my few experiences with it. I've definitely purchased some again and will compare to my memories if it's even remotely as good. I must say 5-subs favor me well, so ymmv of course.

Also can confirm oral is very much a viable ROA and my preferred method for all 5-subs that are active in this way. Though 5-MeO-DMT through the nose is a thing of beauty, but given the tension and cramps you can get with 5-MeO-MALT I'm more wary trying it that way. Same goes for most other 5-subs, which I do like a lot.

EDIT: The info I was missing was right in the thread one page back, it was oxalate. Apparently I did insufflate 10mg? Well I definitely remember doing it oral and it being potent too. And the weird bitter/sour taste, though that could have been the drip. At least it was a keeper but I never reported back on that either. Ugh, should've kept some notes since it's a pretty obscure material and Shulgin himself was interested in developing the MALT line further than he had I've heard, so there's definitely something there. The reason my memories fail me and I never reported must be because I was blasted away in awe of my experiences and needed some time to recover.

Last edited:
As promised, a day ago I went in using 10mg of 5-meo-malt hcl nasally without any tolerance for reliable results (last was my experience with 5mg).

15 minutes in I noticed my heart rate was starting to increase, and the visuals where building pretty fast, fast enough to get the feeling I might have just dosed way too high.
Ultimately this didn't prove to be the case, although my heartrate did climb to a, at the time, uncomfortably high of 127, while laying in bed!

Does anybody have experience with this?
It was my second time using a HR monitor, the first was during the 5.
So don't know if psychdelics usually increases your heart rate like that, maybe being aware of my heart rate made me notice it..?

I was too distracted to really look at the visuals, I just wanted to look away from them while hoping it wasn't going to get worse.
I anticipated it was going to get a lot worse indeed, so I went into a state of alert calmness, to be as relaxed as possible to try and slow down my heart.
If I wasn't focused so much on staying relaxed I imagine the visuals would have been pretty cool, I remember in between me trying not to lose my composure catching a glimpse of square segments of my vision individually twisting in on themselves.

Even when I knew I was alright I didn't look to see what the visuals looked like, because I already was busy doing something else any way:
I love watching epic series on psychedelics, often hold off watching season finales for when I've dosed, this time it felt appropriate Van Helsing should finally be enjoyed.
So even though I was preparing myself to have to cling on for dear life, I wasn't going to let some bad experience ruin this moment!

One word, Beautiful!

I do not remember experiencing any bodily sensations, apart from the increased HR it was all visual and emotional as far as I could tell.
It did bring me to a state of what I would call psychedelic empathy, where you experience really seeing your own and someone elses perspective in a profoundly companionate and realistic way, a higher state of consciousness you might say :)
That's why movies and series are so great on psychedelics in my opinion!
So that helped me quite a bit in a team effort I'm engaged in at the moment.

The duration was about the same, but I didn't take notes so I don't know for sure.
I remember getting to half an hour in and I was relieved to know it should have reached it peak.

I'll be revisiting this substance again, to see what the visuals are like..
Maybe if you have some suggestions or even requests I'm open to it, just let me know.

@ Mr Kid, I stopped using dissociatives so won't be trying that combo! But did you mean to say the main combo was 5-meo-mipt and 5-meo-malt?
If so I might try a low dosage of those two!
I only do 5-meo-mipt orally and that substance is pretty visual for me, although it get's very boringly 2-dimensional on high doses in my experience, so hopefully 5-meo-malt is better!

Maybe I'll do oral next and see if it's different for me, or just a lower dosage nasally, but good to hear you had some wonderful times, and I hope you have more!

Thanks for the report. :) Would you consider posting this in Trip Reports as well? We have very few reports on this substance. Actually both of your reports would be good to submit as it would add to the body of knowledge. I mean you posted here too, but trip reports is in the process of being turned into a database similar to Erowid's so will be more accessible for some and easier to find for those looking.

That hear rate is particularly high, generally stimulating-style [psychedelics will increase my heart rate some, but maybe to 90, 100 max. My guess is that nasal dosing produces more stimulation, and oral dosing may prove more comfortable.

Thanks for the report. :) Would you consider posting this in Trip Reports as well? We have very few reports on this substance. Actually both of your reports would be good to submit as it would add to the body of knowledge. I mean you posted here too, but trip reports is in the process of being turned into a database similar to Erowid's so will be more accessible for some and easier to find for those looking.

That hear rate is particularly high, generally stimulating-style [psychedelics will increase my heart rate some, but maybe to 90, 100 max. My guess is that nasal dosing produces more stimulation, and oral dosing may prove more comfortable.
Thanks! I'll have to see if a different route of administration will make a difference.
And I'll certainly post it over there then, minus the stuff that was meant for this forum.

Tonight I will try 15 mg orally, I'll just have to see for myself what the dosage is going to lead to, and report back.
Hopefully it will be a bit easier on the body!
I could do 10 mg for comparison, but I imagine that will be a bit too weak for my liking tonight.

By the way, 20 mg insufflated listed on tripsit as being 'strong', more like 'dying'...
Can't imagine double of what I experienced, even if the dose response curve is linear!

I decided to try 15mg 5-meo-malt hcl orally, which turned out to be weaker than 5mg insufflated, I did it first thing in the morning, and after an hour and a half I was making breakfast.

4 days later I rather impulsively went ahead and did 27mg orally even though I anticipated to experience some tolerance, but I really felt in the mood so I just accepted it.
It was weird, not the effects themselves, but the fact that they didn't kick in until more than an hour had past.

I had a bit of yoghurt 3/4 hours before, maybe that had something to do with it, I imagine it could have caused the capsule to improperly dissolve or something.

The visuals were just a bit more prominent and colorful than my 5mg insufflated and my heart rate remained below 80.
So I probably have to dose even higher orally to achieve decent effects.

What followed might be considered a bit irresponsible, but I did not experience any side effects afterwards:
2 days later I decided to insufflate 10 in about 15 minutes devided by 6 piles, 3 for each nostril to see if it was the fast comeup that made my heart go racing like crazy.

It was very good! Heart rate stayed pretty normal, and could properly enjoy the psychedelic headspace it gave.
The visuals I would describe as being rather dark and sinister, with a relaxed and gentle euphoria accompanying the experience.
Both the headspace, the visuals and the euphoria where consistently present, on 7 consecutive evenings!
I dosed 10 each time and experienced zero tolerance, absolutely great experience every time, very psychedelic!
No hangover whatsoever, and just felt great just like you normally would feel waking up after a night of tripping.

Normally I like long acting substances, because I enjoy binge watching series on a higher state of consciousness, but this actually is a good alternative.
Just watch 1 or 2 episodes, and save the rest for another day, not having to worry about tolerance.
Quite a game changer if you ask me.

Oh and the music, my lord it's good! Reminds me a bit of 2ce!

Because I waited 5 minutes in between doses, I can definitely say 3mg is very active on it's own, you quite immediately get propelled into a psychedelic state of mind with light visuals.

It has been a week since I've last indulged, and I'm planning on doing 4-ho-met in a few days :)
And then dose 5-meo-malt the day after to check if it has any cross-tolerance.
My guess is it doesn't ^^