• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-MALT Thread

Is there any reason to suspect that taking syrian rue first would be either dangerous or worthwhile with this stuff? I find the duration to be rather too short and I happen to have rue but I don't want to do anything stupid.

I am glad you asked. This is how harm reduction sites keep drug users healthy. You should start with extremely low doses and slowly increase the dose. This is the normal responsible procedure with your first experience using any drugs and drug combinations. Others have observed combining the similarly structured drug 5-MeO-DMT with MAOIs resulted in potentiation. The link is from Erowid, they have multiple experience reports there.

This is a long-quiet thread and probably a long-disappeared substance but I thought I would add back in....

5-MeO-MALT was 5-6 times more potent than 5-MeO-DALT in my experience and that of a few friends. For me it had some real OEV when vaped which DALT lacked. Shame it got banned so fast. I have not tried all that many tryptamines but it had a lot of what I was looking for in a tryptamine- fast-on, fast-off again, visual and relatively lightweight/fun.

15mg was ++ but no further, I hope this one gets added to the annals of interesting chemicals in this family.

It seems like there are chemists who can and who cant synth it. I got some from Eastern-Eu vendor and this chem does nothing for me, tried 20-30mg orally severl times.
I would be delighted if it were like 4-aco-dmt as someone earlier said in this thread.

I would be delighted if it were like 4-aco-dmt as someone earlier said in this thread.

Where in this thread did someone say that? I can't find that claim anywhere, and I don't believe I've ever heard anyone say that about 5-MeO-MALT anywhere else either.

I have heard people say things like "DMT lite", but only when using it through vaporization, or sometimes insufflation. From what I've heard, oral dosing is largely ineffective.

Just got a small sample of 5-Meo-MALT oxalate, seems to be something right up my alley, is this vapeable or will insufflation help me better? Dose information is a bit scarce on this one, so anything would be nice.

Trying a 10mg bump tonight, though may go a bit deeper if I want to. Really interested in the vaping route, does anyone have any experience vaping oxalates or should I turn it in to a freebase? Don't have a lot of material but wanna experiment with what I have, might be a keeper.

I vaporized 10mg of malt and experienced complete ego death, I forgot everything etc. I only took one hit and held it for as long as I could. I was incapable of taking another hit because I had already completely lost my grip on reality. There was probably 30-40% of vapor I never inhaled. This was very similar to my ego loss (don't think it was quite death) on 300ug of LSD where I saw and touched the white light. I looked for the white light on malt, and could almost feel its presence but never found it. It was almost fully back in reality after 3hrs, but I wasn't able to sleep that night, kept losing my grip on reality while I layer in bed. By far most profound and life changing that I've had on a phsychedlic. Don't know why it had such a strong effect on me at such a low dose, but you should start smaller than 10mg if you plan to vaporize unless you want to get vaporized.

I vaporized 10mg of malt and experienced complete ego death, I forgot everything etc. I only took one hit and held it for as long as I could. I was incapable of taking another hit because I had already completely lost my grip on reality. There was probably 30-40% of vapor I never inhaled. This was very similar to my ego loss (don't think it was quite death) on 300ug of LSD where I saw and touched the white light. I looked for the white light on malt, and could almost feel its presence but never found it. It was almost fully back in reality after 3hrs, but I wasn't able to sleep that night, kept losing my grip on reality while I layer in bed. By far most profound and life changing that I've had on a phsychedlic. Don't know why it had such a strong effect on me at such a low dose, but you should start smaller than 10mg if you plan to vaporize unless you want to get vaporized.
Was this 5 meo malt or just malt freebase if it is just malt freebase please either start a new thead or erite a trip report. I have heard great things about 5 meo malt smoked and how its simlar to dmt so n-malt sounds even better.
You said it lasted 3 hours is that much longer than dmt?

Malt or 5meomalt? Its helpful to be specific.

This stuff sounds great (not just from this recent mention of what may or may not be the 5-MeO, but also from every other report I've read of it). Interestingly and significantly different from 5-MeO-DALT.

Well I would have thought it odd if it were very like 5MeO-DALT; that's one of the most sensual psyches - 5MeO-MALT I would say is the same or less potent orally - not nice as far as I took it where as 5MeO-DALT very pleasant if your not after any depth; vaping 5MeO-MALT 10mg or is plenty in my book - 1000mph rocket fuel

Would the tolerance to 5-meo-malt be similar to DMT when smoked, or would it be comparable to other tryptamines?

Would the tolerance to 5-meo-malt be similar to DMT when smoked, or would it be comparable to other tryptamines?
I do not think it would effect dmt tolerance. I would guess that it would effect other tryptamines like lsd. After breaking through on dmt, I can say that these experiences are not very alike. The only similarity between the two is ego death and massive consciousness expansion. 5-meo-malt offers a quick 4 hour ego death similar to other tryptamines. Dmt is ego death with other dimensions.

Have you tried snorting it MrJoldman?
Have you tried 5-MeO-DMT? How does it compare if so?

I have not tried snorting it. However I do microdose with it occasionally. It is probably my favorite phsychedlic to microdose. At low doses, 5-10mg subliminally, it provides a nice functional euphoria and body high. I have not used 5-meo-dmt (it's on the bucket list) but from what I have read it doesn't seem very similar. 5-meo-malt unlike 5-meo-dmt has obvious visuals. There is something special about malt though. I believe I experienced the logos flowing from things which Terrence McKenna spoke about. I have only experienced this one other time for about 10mins on a DOM trip. Sorry for rambling haha

I just got some 5-MeO-MALT. I vaporized about 4mg in a freebase pipe and it had me tripping pretty hard. My experience was pretty much in line with other people's reports. It feels a lot like 5-MeO-DMT, but maybe slightly less intense, more comfortable physically, and more visual.

I have also tried MALT before, and I can see the similarity. However, I would describe 5-MeO-MALT as being primarily a 5-MeO-DMT type trip, but with a floaty, detached quality reminiscent of MALT.

I think the 5-MeO tryptamines are not for me, but I did find 5-MeO-MALT to be pretty interesting. If you enjoy 5-MeO-DMT, this one is definitely worth trying.

BTW, it's crazy how much this stuff smells like grape flavored candy.

I just got some 5-MeO-MALT. I vaporized about 4mg in a freebase pipe and it had me tripping pretty hard. My experience was pretty much in line with other people's reports. It feels a lot like 5-MeO-DMT, but maybe slightly less intense, more comfortable physically, and more visual.

I have also tried MALT before, and I can see the similarity. However, I would describe 5-MeO-MALT as being primarily a 5-MeO-DMT type trip, but with a floaty, detached quality reminiscent of MALT.

I think the 5-MeO tryptamines are not for me, but I did find 5-MeO-MALT to be pretty interesting. If you enjoy 5-MeO-DMT, this one is definitely worth trying.

BTW, it's crazy how much this stuff smells like grape flavored candy.

4mg made you trip hard?

The concentrations that I have to vaporize in the e-cig are 75mg/ml of 5-Meo-Malt. I do not know how to measure the dose of each puff so I'll have to be very careful. It is really powerful.

By the way, what has been the duration?

DocLad

Spot on description, cj187.

In retrospect me starting with 20mg was not the smartest idea but it sure was a fun time, anyways. I wouldn't be surprised if there was the potential for toxicity from serotonergic overstimulation because of the raw emotion amplifying power of this drug. But really, do we know if we are actually experiencing intense emotion physically? Or is our conscious perception of it just distorted? Is there a limit to emotion, where the neuron burns out? Or maybe it is capped by some physical limits like wavelength reaching Planck's constant.

On reddit fractal-fruit described the visuals as oily and I think that description fits perfectly. It was a bit too intense for me to recall the visual effects during the peak but initially everything looked like it had become slick with oil, shortly after digitizing into voxels.

I didn't write down the duration for some reason, but I think it would be not more than an hour to baseline (with a rather extreme afterglow...)

I don't know exactly how much I smoked, but I weighed out 10mg and it looked like more than half was left afterwards. I was tripping fairly hard, but not to the point of leaving reality or anything like that. The main effects were about an hour but I experienced some residual stimulation for quite a while afterwards. I think it was 5 or 6 hours later that I was able to sleep.