• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DiPT Thread

Ah...the Foxy Flip. Good times.

I recommend doing the foxy first, because it tends to last longer (6-8 hour plateau?) than mdma. Foxy has no inherent euphoric push, so if you were on foxy and were depressed because you are coming down off your roll, I would expect the feeling would be magnified. So I like to come down on the foxy at or before my come down from mdma. But if you are going to be re-dosing mdma to extend the roll, this may be less of an issue.

I recommend having ghb on hand to smooth out any rough edges -- foxy can make you anxious and jittery.

Foxy can be unsettling for many people if there is too much stimulation. Doing it with mdma would likely lessen this issue, so a rave or club might be okay (I've enjoyed it in such places), but I'd recommend having a quiet / calm place you can go to if you do not like it.

Foxy messes with your sense of time. Expect lots of deja vu. Don't drive on a foxy flip because your sense of speed may be shot to hell.

A number of times on my foxy flips, I went through a difficult stage where I felt like I was going insane, once I kept saying that time had fractured, just very frightening experience, then to roll kicked in and it all became heavenly. For a while I had a theory that you have to pass through this hellish stage to get to the heavenly stage. Like the foxy and mdma have to do battle before they can make peace. But I'm not sure it happens every time or to every person, it's just something I noticed for myself. I think it also depends on the dose of each that you do.

Both of these substances amp me up, so I am really giving myself a work out dancing, screwing, whatever, to the point that I fear I may have a heart attack. Never bothered to measure my pulse, just felt I was really pushing it. But that could just be anxiety.

Foxy itself I think is generally bad for any bright, noisy, crowded type of environment. I've enjoyed it most either at home, at small parties where I felt comfortable, or in loungy places. It has no euphoric push, so you better be in a good mood or you might really not like the experience (some ghb is good for giving it a soft euphoric push, xanax would probably also work well).

Those are just some thoughts from reading the last few posts.

~psychoblast~

just picked up a good amount of the foxy. Enough for several trials. I was wondering about some of your thoughts concerning how I should go about my experiments with the material.

In what ways did you come to know foxy?
What were you expectations for the material?
When in your experiments did you become able to navigate the 5-meo-dipt space with special focus and/or confidence.
Anyone have problems with early trials and decided to abandon?

Any recent thoughts on the material would be nice to have. I started reading through some of the older posts... but I'm looking for some fresh ideas. Thanks.

So far, I have had 2 trials with the material. About 3 years ago I was able to acquire a dose, which i had taken with my girlfriend at the time. It was a 20 mg capsule which we divided in half. I took what looked like the bigger half... probably between 10 and 12 mg I would say leaving her with 8-10 mg. It was not very good for me, and it was somewhat strange for her. It was her first rc experience.... and probably last and she wasn't particularly fond of hallucinogens at this point. They scared her a bit.
We came on and it was a very strange come up for at least 2 hours... we could not find a balance despite our efforts to find one. We went for a walk, but got weirded out and decided to walk back no sooner than 10 minutes after we had set out. When we got back the come-up got stranger. it was probably 45 minutes after initial dosing at this point. I was having terribly strange stomach feelings. Very unpleasant body effects. I spent some time on the shitter, but it was very tough for me to actually complete the process.I spent time on and off the toilet for the next few hours. I got pretty fucked up bodily effects from it, and her bodily effects were not too bad. She didn't complain too much, but it weirded her out that I had such a strange reaction to the chem. I think she had expected me to handle much better than I did. I was fine, I just couldn't help but sit on the toilet due to the weird feeling in my stomach.

Afterwards I think we took a shower together.... I can't remember that may have been another trip. Then we laid in bed and kissed and made wonderful jokes with each other. We laughed and listened to all sorts of types of music. Music sounded great... I could hear the raw intensity of each artist's expression and I was very pleased.

I couldn't get hard though. That was a negative. We wanted to make love, and it was near impossible for me to get hard. This doesn't usually happen on any other drug. Usually if I try it isn't too hard at all. This time I really wanted to get it up for her, but I had to be the disappointment this time. ah well. It may have been the fact that my body still felt pretty terrible.

Kissing and touching was fun though.

So then I got my recent supply, and had a rainy day off from work, and I decided to do an experiment early in the morning. I did about 8 mg... although it may have been a bit more. the scale said 8, but sometimes it can be a mg or 2 off. I should have double checked. oh well. I figured it was low enough where it wouldn't matter all too much. I think i got it about right.

I had a similar trip to the first one. My stomach was fucked up. I had a bunch of chinese food the night before... and I think a bowl of cereal that morning. So that may have been the problem. I believe my first dose was on a somewhat empty stomach. I spent much more time on the toilet this time I am sure. But I was alone, so i didn't have much to do besides go back on the toilet in hopes of moving something out. Never really happen... maybe a couple squirts, but that's it... no substance... but still that lingering feeling.

The first hour wasn't bad. The come-up was smooth, despite the nausea. It wasn't very alarming... the negative body effect had a gradual increase as did the decent mental, psychedelic effects. The mental effects were light, but noticeable... I am excited to try higher doses to grasp a better understanding of the mental effects this material produces. I had a jam session with my brother. I did some guitar and vocals while my brother played the conga. It was a pretty incredible experience. I haven't jammed with him in a few years. He just stopped playing, and I was kind of off doing my own thing. It was awesome to drive him. I had a nice psychedelic push and a special edge and character to my vocal display. The guitar playing was pretty dope too. My brother got the conga going real good as he helped bring out his intensity with the changes of rhythm and tempo. It was awesome. We smoked a little weed. I was hoping it would make my negative body effects go away, but it didn't... It may have made them worse, giving me a tension in my chest and the feeling that I should lay down. My brother went back to bed, and I stayed up.

The next 4 hours were me attempting to read some camus, sitting on the toilet, and laying around and bed, I listened to a small amount of music using my headphones.... but It was uncomfortable and I was too lazy to set up the speakers... I would just strum the guitar every time I wanted some sound.

The visual effects were minor, but noticeable. Slight morphing and shifting of objects. It happened especially in the floor tiles while I sat on the toilet... Bathrooms always get my tripped out when I'm using psychedelics. They somehow increase the effects in all areas just a bit. maybe it is just my imagination.

more to come in the next few months. My plan is to use the material over the next few months... maybe the next year. I'll probably do a dose every 3 - 4 weeks or so. I'm not so sure about how fast I'm getting work up the doses. I'll probably hit up a high dose in the winter. Sometime in September I think I'm going to go for my next experiment with the material. I'm thinking about using between 12-15mg. I haven't fully decided whether I should stay lower or go higher... I'm pretty sure I could ride out the higher dose trips... I just like gradual building and strengthening my comfort level with the material. The high doses are better when you are somewhat acquainted with the material, I believe.

I'll stop now... I'll be back to post more when I know more.... or when I have found some sort of interesting information. Peace.

So I have me some real Diisopropyltryptamine rather than the 5-MEO substance but there is no big and dandy there is very little on bluelight about genuine dipt, am I missing something or is just a rare substance.

i recently sampled some foxy....
dose was ~9mg (1mg variation), orally. it happened at night, in a club setting. there were no substances consumed for up to a week prior to the experience.

t-0: eaten in a gelcap, on top of a very light dinner eaten a couple of hours earlier. started dancing waiting for the comeup

t+30: alertness regarding the trip start, some jitteryness, pupil dilation apparent. half a beer was consumed, but no interaction apparent

t+1:20: trip is generally estabished, though it is hard to tell visual distortions because of the general darkness of the setting. there is a definite lift in mood, increased confidence, and dancing feels great, like there is no care in the world. music is undistorted, but something is different about it... hard to explain, it is like i should be paying more attention to it, but it is not the increased enjoyment i get from other substances (like mdai, or 2cs)

t+2:30: side effects become a bit of a bother. gi effects not so evident, no sickness, just great thirst that i cannot satisfy with water. drinking anything feels uncomfortable (like drinking on a full stomach). smells are a lot more apparent: anything unpleasant make the nose cringe. there is also some time dilation, songs feel longer and sometimes i lose interest midway. there is stimulation, but the general need to move on to other more interesting things is also there. still, the positive outweighs the negative

t+3h: convesations are not this substances strong point. there is a lack of openness and loss of words. the ideas are there, but the words do not seem to find themselves easily. nothing insightful shared with others. getting a bit worried about the trip going bad, i leave the club setting and head for home

t+4h: at home, watching some images on the computer, it seems there are some visuals to be experienced... not patterning, but breathing of models, text sways on the page. the stimulation persists, as does the boredom after doing the same activity for more than a few minutes.

t+4:30: sleep is attempted without problems.

next day: no hangover, general mood is ok (not lifted) memory of previous night is intact.

general opinion: interesting substance, though my experience with rcs is not that vast. i say interesting because the setting for the trial might not have been the best, and so the results though overall positive were a bit unspectacular. will be trying it in the future, but in a more private setting. dose-wise might go wither way, a bit higher or lower next time

so, thinking back a while after my experience, I wonder what would be the best scenario to experience this substance?

also, any cross tolerances with other chems?

I've taken this substance twice now. Both times oral and I'll most likely try it IM in a week or two. I was pretty skeptical about this substance, given the fact that most reviews border on the negative side.

1st time: 15 mg, oral & sublingually. horrible taste, but manageable.

t+40min: felt a pressure in my stomach. tried to barf, but couldn't get any air out without solids. went to the toilet. puked very naturally. body high went away and the puking wasn't bad, I actually enjoyed it. The problem was that I've eaten some lentil curry 2 hours earlier. bad idea.
t+40-t+3h: mild visuals, but present, very nice euphoria, mild auditive distortions, definitely psychedelic mindset, but all in mild proportions.. basically, it was very 'refreshing' and euphoric at the same time. had great time with the lady friend. nice. nothing serious. very good evening.

2st time: 25mg, oral & sublingually
t+20: same pressure felt, even though I have eaten only 2 baked potatoes 1 hour earlier. tried to puke to get the pressure out of my stomach, but managed to barf a few times and only puked enough to feel better, not much. body high returned to 'strong enough to feel good' for another 20 mins and then it subsided.
t+40-t+4h40mins: wow. the visuals are quite strong. strong and weird. everything is pulsating, very strong ripples, fractals dancing everywhere, ALLOT of traces and 'smoke'. external geometrical patterns that I'm used to have while closing my eyes are appearing quite randomly in my OE field. very nice stuff, but a little creepy because the pulsating microlight is quite strong. extremely nice body feeling, warmth, erotic, waves of womb-ness feeling... very nice. intense psychedelic mindspace. can't be too analytical like on 2C-E..the coldness and detachment isn't there.. I'm totally emotionally immersed in my thoughts. auditive distortions are clearly present. my gf actually had a few hard moments, until she got used to them.
t+4h40min-t+6h40: effects are starting to weaken. the body sensation was too strong(in a good way) to have sex, even though we could have. now its ok. sex is fucking great. erection lasts longer than usual :) nice comedown, the only downside is that I didn't have a deep sleep.. woke up a few times and took me a while to get to sleep(my lady friend had no problems), but awoken after 6h very refreshed and in a sort-of-nice afterglow.

so, all in all, POSITIVE feedback and I'm eager to try it IM and plugged. Didn't expect this impact. great stuff. ymmv :)

I was pretty skeptical about this substance, given the fact that most reviews border on the negative side.

I still can't believe a lot reviews are negative. I've had my most profound and euphoric experiences on this stuff. :)

Gonna be sampling this before too long hopefully. Anyone ever vape this stuff? I'd assume it would be possible, but not sure as to how effective.. Also, since i'll be starting with low doses, this could be a good way to top up (potentially). I'd like to avoid insufflation, and I'm a bit anxious about the purported GI disturbances, which is why I was considering vaporization.

I tried this stuff yesterday(14 mg orally), and didn't like it much(although I am a fan of MeO-tryptamines).
I think it is deeper and more "sexual" than 5-MeO-MiPT, but bodyload spoils all fun.

It is kinda strange that it was popular during pre-WebTryp era.

EDIT: but the afterglow is nice. :)

Last edited:
I tried this stuff yesterday(14 mg orally), and didn't like it much(although I am a fan of MeO-tryptamines).
I think it is deeper and more "sexual" than 5-MeO-MiPT, but bodyload spoils all fun.

It is kinda strange that it was popular during pre-WebTryp era.

EDIT: but the afterglow is nice. :)
Aw, that sucks, that you didn´t like it :(
You being a fan of 5-meo´s and all.

I personally like it. But yeah, most people I know get a lot of gastric problems from 5-meo-dipt. I luckily don´t.

^ I can see why people like it.

IME, 5-MeO-DiPT is "amplified" version of 5-MeO-MiPT. They key problem is that negative side effects are "amplified" much more, comparing to positive effects, thus making 5-MeO-DiPT less balanced chemical(in term of effects).

The muscle tension is what renders all experience bad. But I am definitely going to give 5-MeO-DiPT another try. Maybe I'll take 25 mg the next time.

25 mg 8o Taking larger doses will amplify the side effects too (stating the obvious)

I don´t know....when I take it, I take either 10 or 12 mg. I don´t think taking 25 mg will make it more enjoyable. But well, I guess it´s worth a try =D

I never get muscle tension really.

Taking larger doses will amplify the side effects too (stating the obvious)
This is true. :) Well, 25 mg is an overkill probably, but I am not going to dose lower than 20 mg. It is high dose too, but 14 mg was underwhelming in terms of mental effects, and I would like to test the potential of 5-MeO-DiPT for mindfuck.:)

Is 5-MeO-DiPT thought-provoking, mind-altering psychedelic at 10-12 mg? Or is it more of entactogenic/aphrodisiac/mood-improving type of drug?

This is true. :) Well, 25 mg is an overkill probably, but I am not going to dose lower than 20 mg. It is high dose too, but 14 mg was underwhelming in terms of mental effects, and I would like to test the potential of 5-MeO-DiPT for mindfuck.:)

Is 5-MeO-DiPT thought-provoking, mind-altering psychedelic at 10-12 mg? Or is it more of entactogenic/aphrodisiac/mood-improving type of drug?
at the 10-12 mg level, that I take it, I think it would classify more as entactogenic/aphrodisiac/mood-improving, but still with a touch of tryptamine trippyness, of cause.

I don´t think I ever took more than 12 mg in one go. But I have friends who did, and as I understand it, the sexual stimulating feeling can become almost too overwhelming at high doses.

on a side note, it works fine to insufflate it, and it doesn´t burn at all. it´s quite pleasant on the nose actually.
I´ve been doing it a lot at festivals when tolerance becomes an issue.
I find that when redosing it several times, together with other psychedelics, it kind of changes character, and looses the stimulating/entactogenic/aphrodisiac side. And becomes more like a "regular" psychedelic. But still not too deep, I´d say. it´s definitely on the recreational/hedonistic side.

Actually, Allium, I don´t think you should be so quick to write 5-meo-dipt off.

I recently did a proper trial with 5-meo-dipt. Im not quite sure how much I ingested, but likely somewhere in the 20mg range. It must also be noted that other compounds were taken in the same timeframe, and prior to ingestion of 5-meo-dipt. MDMA and 2C-D were dosed earlier in the evening. As the effects from the mdma subsided slightly, more 2C-D was added, and the first dose of 5-meo-dipt taken. I didn't really feel the effects of 5-meo-dipt until the mdma had mostly worn off. I decided to take more 5-meo-dipt and 2C-D about an hour after my first dose. By now Im tripping nicely. This drug feels very euphoric to me, it has a very strong body high which I find to be extremely pleasant, and sometimes erotic in nature. It is somewhat visual as well displaying the typical range of 5-meo-trypt visual effects. My thinking feels quite analytical and controlled, and watching a documetary on tv, it feels like cognition and learning is enhanced(possible nootropic effect of 2c-d?). Due to time constraints, I decide to cancel the trip with 1mg flunitrazepam, which brings me back to baseline in 20-30min.

Edit: Also to be noted; I suffered no gastric distress or any other unpleasant body effects from 5-meo-dipt. All doses were insufflated. Though, I would not recommend this roa due to the horrible taste and drip of this chem, similar in nature to 5-meo-mipt.

Ate about 12mg recently, after waking up from a nap. I was having wild dreams, and within minutes of waking up I weighed some foxy and ate the capsule. I waited a half hour or so, then jumped in the shower. After getting out, I became very stimulated, then began experiencing some gastric problems. I was reluctant to go sit on the toilet. I made a sandwich, and after only a few bites I had gone to the toilet. Fairly normal toilet experience. Time seemed to slow down. After getting off the stimulation continued and I was starting to get anxiety. I tried to chill out. I smoked a hit of weed.... After the hit, my mind was set on leaving the apartment.

I walked about the city for a few hours. The mind-space was pretty good. It was really nice for me to get outside. I felt better and better the further I walked from my place. My thoughts were a bit crazed, and in some ways I felt like I was still in the dreamscape I was in before waking up. I had a lot of thoughts going on about various life situations. The thought patterns reminded me of mushroom experiences from the past.

The experience wasn't visual at all really. I felt wonderful. The euphoria was good. I felt a bit goofy, and felt that all things shared this goofy feeling. Walking felt great. The coldness outside felt good. The wind felt good. When I returned home my hands were frozen. I didn't really notice while I was out and about.

A cartridge of nitrous felt grand.

I got to bed some 8-9 hours after dosing. Talked to the roommate and the lady friend for a while during the latter half of the trip. Socializing was fun. My subtle goofyness carried through.Getting to sleep wasn't very difficult.

I enjoyed foxy at this level. Moreso than my other experiences. 20mg was too much, and I found it to be too much of a sensory overload. The audio effects were strange, the visual effects were fairly interesting, and the stimulating effect made it feel awkward to sit and relax. The effects lasted 8-10 hours. 6mg was too small. It was mostly just stimulation with a slight goofyness for 5-6 hours or so.
10-14mg seems as though it'd be the most enjoyable level for me.

Does anyone know if this stuff is still legal? If so are there websites still selling it?

It's illegal in the US. I hate this stuff, gave me and 4 of my friends HPPD for several months. Each time I took it (by accident, my rolls had MDMA + Foxy, so only the MDXX showed up on the tests) I never feel right for the next 5 days, like I've poisoned my brain almost. Stuff doesn't seem right to take, IMO at least. I've heard only good from others, maybe its just the foxy flip that made it so terrible.