• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DiPT Thread

Don't risk it Ody. People have, certainly, but people have also had significant physical problems from high doses with this material. I wouldn't exceed 24mg, and even that is risky.

God, I wouldn't want to exceed 15mg... when I did my heart felt funny, because it was beating so fast. It was mostly very uncomfortable. And this was during a time when I was tripping 2-4 times a week and had a huge tolerance to everything.

^^ Sounds like someone had a bad reaction to a very high dose of 5-MeO-DiPT. It would certainly be a giant leap to say that such a reaction to a (very high) dose of a drug means that 200mg of that drug over one's lifetime would have detrimental effects.

But I'll try to make a trip report post fact however, unfortunately at like 2 or 1 i dosed a buttload of xanax and i don't remember anything after that :X

i have dosed 30mg but 2 15mg doses 2 hours apart from each other. nothing special at all.

Does anyone have any specific tips on enjoying this substance besides freebasing it?

Start low... dosing too high produces a very uncomfortable sensation of racing heart. Music is good to listen to on it as well. Marijuana would probably help.

I have enjoyed 5-MeO-DiPT on several occasions... it's a bit finicky though. For what it's worth I enjoyed it rectally the most because there was no body load.

Freebase 5-MEO-Dipt

I was just wondering if anybody has done this + smoked it? If so, what were the effects like? I saw a report on erowid from someone who had done this, said he experienced an out of body experience after two minutes and was far superior to 5-Meo-DMT without the "fear element".

Any help would be great :).

I tried to turn my 5-MeO-DiPT HCl into freebase using the method below, but it did not work and I wasted like 20mg. I probably fucked something up -- I'm sure it would work if you did it right. I have IV'ed 5-MeO-DiPT before at around 10mg (this would probably be similar to smoking)...it was better than oral (no annoying side effects), but not mindblowing (i think i was rolling at the time though).

I don't think 5-MeO-DiPT could EVER be compared to 5-MeO-DMT in intensity or in effects. They are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT drugs with completely different effects. 5-MeO-DiPT has never given me a true mindfuck, just mild effects...while 5-MeO-DMT scares the shit out of me and it effectively & completely obliterates my ego.
***Put your 5-meo-dipt in a spoon, and put a few drops of household ammonia on it. It should freebase instantaneously into a nice small chunk. Then vaporize it. I don't think it works for all tryptamines, but I know it works for 5-meo-dipt. And yes, I would definitely wait till the ammonia evaporates before smoking

***I wouldn't smoke 5-MeO-DiPT, personally. But if you're set on it, go ahead... but be sure to report to us about it, as I've never heard of such a method of administration for it.

The way to convert any alkaloid salt to freebase (tryptamine or phenethylamine) is to dissolve the salt in distilled water (so chlorine and others from tap water don't break it down), and slowly add a base to it. Ammonia must be a base although I wasn't aware it was. Sodium hydroxide (lye) is the most often used base for this. When you add it (drop by drop so you don't overreact it) to a solution of salts (which are formed when an acid attaches to the freebase molecule) it causes the substance to revert back to freebase.

Likewise, you can convert a freebase to a salt by dropping some acid (like hydrochloric, which will form the HCL salt) into water with the freebase floating in it.

But be careful with phenethylamines... many if not all of them are caustic oils in their freebase form.

if you use the simple routine above, you'll have ammonium chloride in your 5-MeO-DiPT freebase, which is surely not optimal for smoking.

you can also smoke 5-MeO-DiPT as hydrochloride, btw. - only a small amount of it will degrade, so don't use your best pipe for it.

Moved the preceding 3 posts from the 5-MeO-MiPT thread into the proper one. ;)

I think someone else put it in the Mipt thread...But thanks for putting it in the right place ;)

You may still get a significant bodyload when plugging 5-meo-DiPT because not all of the nausea/GI discomfort is from the chemical absorbing into the body (but some is from this), but rather from the molecule's affinity with 5HT3 in addition to HT2a (the psychedelic serotonin receptor we know and love).

5-MeO-MiPT is a much better drug comparatively. Have you read about this one? Maybe a friend of yours has some you can have for free? :)

peace,
samadhi <3

check out shulgin's writing on it (in TIHKAL, you should buy this book dude if you don't have it! the essays in it that aren't available online are really entertaining).

Then check out the big and dandy thread on it (and come to the understanding that our experience's with these chemicals sometimes slightly diverge from grand master shulgin's =D).

balance and harmony to you,
samadhi <3

Yes, I find 5-MeO-MiPT to be an entirely different drug from 5-MeO-DiPT... but more useful. It's very healing for me, energetically healing. 5-MeO-DiPT is pointless recreation for me, and not great recreation at that.