View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DALT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get how I managed to get such intense visuals from it since I was just 12 hours on a AMT trip. I think it may have been a stroke of luck, they were nice visuals with epic trails, merging and shapes forming. Also really boosted music appreciation.

Wierd thing is I've combined this with AMT before a few days before and had a good trip but nothing like that.
I don;t know if I like smoking it that much, it's too short and just not psychedellic enough for my liking. Plus it tastes like a bitch.

Plus it tastes like a bitch.

:):)

Yes that is what is concerning me !!

Not being experienced at all in "vaporizing" or smoking powder - has anyone got any suggestions for the best way to go about this, as from the various reports, this seems to be the preferred method for this RC. Am a bit concerned at the re-dosing aspect of this though if the smoking buzz is short lived.

Saying that - maybe it tastes so awful that a need to re-dose is not a problem !!

I did redose when smoking quite a bit actually, it's a bad taste but it is bearable when smoking, just after it lingers on the mouth.

:):)

Yes that is what is concerning me !!

Not being experienced at all in "vaporizing" or smoking powder - has anyone got any suggestions for the best way to go about this, as from the various reports, this seems to be the preferred method for this RC. Am a bit concerned at the re-dosing aspect of this though if the smoking buzz is short lived.

Saying that - maybe it tastes so awful that a need to re-dose is not a problem !!

The best way to smoke it with the best taste is to sprinkle some bud in your pipe, then a thin layer of the powder, then another layer of bud over the powder. Then gently light the top layer of bud and as the bowl cherries it will vape the powder. The taste is definitely noticeable, but not at all unbearable considering most of the plastic-y taste is covered by your tasty nuggets.

I sampled some of this yesterday and had mixed results with various ROA. Firstly i tried chasing very small amounts until i could detect a small effect which was, rather oddly, the sensation of having shrunken arms when opening the fridge. Deciding this was not really working i opted for the nasal route with again very small amounts spaced out over time until i felt nothing more than, as someone else has stated, 'vaguely stoned' and found the program about cows probably more interesting than i perhaps i normally would. I was ready to write it off and presume i was probably amongst those who felt no profound effects from this and decided to finish the end of the bag off into a joint rolled with some typical thai. Half way through smoking the joint i felt like i'd imagined i feel after reading the reports on here. I put it out half way through as i could feel it coming on and went inside to watch some tv. Almost straight away i was getting strong visual and audio distortions that made watching tv rather difficult. It was like smoking a joint and getting a moderate lsd type of trip from it. Colours were greatly enhanced. I also felt a little horny and found sex to be not only entirely possible but also great with no problems 'sealing the deal' shall we say. The peak lasted maybe an hour or so and tapered off in about 2 hours after that. I ate a pretty decent meal and had little problem getting to sleep. This morning i feel utterly fine and in hindsight really enjoyed the experience.

I used 500mg stagered throughout the day. The person with me used the same amount but didn't smoke any of the joint and noted only a faint reaction which was like being faintly stoned. I'm aware that 500mg seems quite a lot but it was consumed in a gradually increasing scale which i felt comfortable with.

Tried this out yesterday. Came in the form of a fairly fine, odourless pale yellow powder. Weighed 60mg and split it twenty forty. Snorted the twenty and waited fifteen minutes. Nothing happened. No pain though and a weak, slightly fruitish perfumey smell. Snorted the other forty. At that level perhaps something but extremely subjective. A bit of the feeling of otherness of objects and a little restless but that might just be placebo combined with concentrating on my angst.

Tried plugging 40mg and still didn't notice much.

Waited an hour to let the system clear a bit then loaded the front end of a tobacco roll up so the first three or four puffs would carry the material. Success. Not that horrible to smoke. Some euphoria and a sense of disconnection from my body. Warmth and a certain lassitude in the limbs. No noticeable horrors with the heart though quite the sweaty person.

Glad to have tried and certainly wont be giving the surplus away but all things considered I would put my hard earned somewhere else.

Here's my 2 cents:

I took 30mg measured on a 0.001g scale lined it up and snorted. After 10 minutes or so I started to notice the firstr effects, namely mild aggitation, no noticable peripheral effects which was odd as I felt like my body was flooding with epinepherine (sp? [adrenaline]) but heart rate, body temperature etc stayed steady. I felt slightly jumpy and generally uncomfortable.

My vision was affected slightly, walls warped slightly and dimensions seemed deeper i.e close things seemed very close while things that were further away seemed a long way from me.

After 45 minutes to an hour nothing had really changed, the effects were waring off slowly and gently.

I lined up another dose of approx 60mg. After 10-15 minutes I felt happy, not euphoric but in a good mood. The aggitation turned slightly into anxiety but it never got too heavy.

The effects lasted approx 1 hour until the peak slowly reduced.

The morning after, I felt slight nausea although less than would occur with alcohol.

With this experience, I was not impressed, from what I've read, the dosages required vary so much from person to person and the environment the user is in at the time.

I will give this subastance another chance at a house party to see if envronment improves the effects.

My experience, while at times uncomfortable, never reached a point where I wanted to abort.

I hope the above info is interesting to anyone planning on researching this substance. I do NOT recommend that anyone takes the high dosages that I took. Start low and work your way up slowly. I am what Alexander Shulgin would call a "Hard Head" and generally need higher doses than other people to get the same effects (this is not said in a bragging way, I wish I was not a "Hard Head", it would save me a lot of money!)

Euphoria - 5/10
Anxiety - 3/10
Overall - 4/10

I will update after the party situation to see if the effects improve at all.

EDIT:

The substance received was a very fine powder of a similar consistancy to white flour. It was white with a very slight yellow tint making the powder slightly beige. There is very little odour and at the dosages taken, there is an unpleasant bitter taste but it is not overbearingly strong.

Last edited:
Here's my 2 cents:

I took 30mg measured on a 0.001g scale lined it up and snorted. After 10 minutes or so I started to notice the firstr effects, namely mild aggitation, no noticable peripheral effects which was odd as I felt like my body was flooding with epinepherine (sp? [adrenaline]) but heart rate, body temperature etc stayed steady. I felt slightly jumpy and generally uncomfortable.

My vision was affected slightly, walls warped slightly and dimensions seemed deeper i.e close things seemed very close while things that were further away seemed a long way from me.

After 45 minutes to an hour nothing had really changed, the effects were waring off slowly and gently.

I lined up another dose of approx 60mg. After 10-15 minutes I felt happy, not euphoric but in a good mood. The aggitation turned slightly into anxiety but it never got too heavy.

The effects lasted approx 1 hour until the peak slowly reduced.

The morning after, I felt slight nausea although less than would occur with alcohol.

With this experience, I was not impressed, from what I've read, the dosages required vary so much from person to person and the environment the user is in at the time.

I will give this subastance another chance at a house party to see if envronment improves the effects.

My experience, while at times uncomfortable, never reached a point where I wanted to abort.

I hope the above info is interesting to anyone planning on researching this substance. I do NOT recommend that anyone takes the high dosages that I took. Start low and work your way up slowly. I am what Alexander Shulgin would call a "Hard Head" and generally need higher doses than other people to get the same effects (this is not said in a bragging way, I wish I was not a "Hard Head", it would save me a lot of money!)

Euphoria - 5/10
Anxiety - 3/10
Overall - 4/10

I will update after the party situation to see if the effects improve at all.

EDIT:

The substance received was a very fine powder of a similar consistancy to white flour. It was white with a very slight yellow tint making the powder slightly beige. There is very little odour and at the dosages taken, there is an unpleasant bitter taste but it is not overbearingly strong.

i found the effects of nasel route to be very similar to yours only slower onset ie nothing much at all but oral effects were much more evident.

The only visual effects I've noticed from 5-MeO-DALT, were mroe vibrant colors, some minor "metallic sheens" (Take a PEA, you'll know what I'm talking about), and minor, minor sparkles.
This was at 80-100mg

The mental effects for me at this same, 80-100mg dosage, were like, a very minor 5-Meo-DMT headspace (as in the, "Holy shit! whaaaaaaat the fucckkkkkk," but to much, much less of a degree, I was in complete control) and some nice, music enhancement.

It last so short, which is cool, but I have no more interest in experimenting with it.

Still, its another chemical under my belt, and thats really my goal in terms of psychedelic drugs...

Right I re-tried this compound at a rave in a field last night and say that the oral route is much more effective. I still had to take rather large amounts though (70-90mg). There were no real psycedelic effects, in fact it slightly reminded me of Methylone (not a replacement though if someone is looking out for one) but it gave me a very similar body buzz and felt as if my limbs were lighter giving a floaty feeling. I also noticed reduced bad effects (eg. anxiety) but that may have been because I was with some of my best friends and had high moods anyway. The starts looked like they'd been painted on a screen which was just out of reach which was pleasant, colours appeared sharper which was great when the sun started to come up and there were just a few lone clouds in the sky giving out some beautiful blues, oranges and whites.

So this time I would rate it:
Euphoria: 6.5/10
Anxiety: 1/10
Overall: 5.5/10

IMO this chemical is never going to be the next big thing, I'm sure it will have people that enjoy it, but the dosage problems and unreliable effects limit it's enjoyment. I won't be buying more but if someone offered it out at a party etc... I would probably have some.

I seem to be pretty sensitive to the hallucinogens (as opposed to the stimulants) so I frequently enjoy threshold doses of these things. I noticed that most posts refer to taking more to get more effect or experience but very little on trying to get the most out of a little. I have had only a few occasions to try DALT as it seems to be very uncommon, at least in the states. That said, 2 of my most favorite experiences have been with this stuff. With higher doses (~30mg - this is "higher" for me) the trip starts out great with feeling a little more energy and interest in things and morphs into more of a visual distortions, less energy sort of feeling, and ending in an uncomfortable hour or so of CEVs featuring random images that appear to age 1000 years in a second before flashing to the next random image. I think it is easy to see why this stuff isn't very popular because for what you expect to get out of it, there are so many other, more exciting choices to be had.

However, (and again your mileage may vary) a threshold dose, say 18mg may appear to have little to no discernible effect. But when I have taken this museum dose and then just went about my business for 2 hours it seems to prime me for incredible CEV visions if I take nitrous oxide. Equally interesting, the effect seems to persist for a day or so, perhaps suggesting that the DALT is active for longer than it seems.

Nitrous oxide has two modes of experience for me. There is the, let's all hang out and be social mode and the introspective and meditative mode that requires a very very low-light, or no light setting and a fair bit of concentration as well. For me, the latter mode is what I like most. With enough nitrous by itself, I begin to see patterns in the normal closed eye visual noise. Like following a golf ball in the sky, you have to follow the object in order to keep seeing it. if you just look up into the sky and try to find it, you'll never see the ball in the air. Same with the pattern in the noise. Once it resolves into anything, it seems important to not get distracted from watching it.

I won't go into the details of my visuals because I am certain each of us have unique perceptions and their substance induced alterations. With the 5-meo-dalt, what I "see" is very clear, colorful and easy to see, like the contrast has been turned way up. Just nitrous, it looks like I need glasses in comparison. A difference like looking at led lights as opposed to diffuse reflected sunlight on the floor.

So far for me, this experience is repeatable.

Having just sampled this product recently I have to say I was pleasently surprized. Evryone seems to be a bit disappointed by this substance but for me it seemed to have a very pleasing effect

Used the oral route, ~15mg, chased with water on an empty stomach.

The comeup was fast, after 20-30minutes, and unexpectedly violent. Was not expecting to feel anything really after reading other's reports, but for me it came with a bit of muscle trembling, slight nausea, a bit of disorientation and even visuals resembling those on mushrooms at the very beginning, with slight pattering and breathing of surfaces. At this point I thought that maybe the vendor had the product wrong, especialy since I started to feel a bit anxious (was expecting euphoria). Relaxed thinking this will not be long, even if it is a bad trip, it will still end sooner rather than later.

Fortunately, 1h after ingestion everything settled and seemed to be back to normal. No OEV, very very slight CEV - had to really look for these. But evrything changed when I went outside.

The world seemed friendly, more than usual. Definite color enhancement, it gave everything that tryptamine shine, indeed like the world was color corrected somehow. There were no dull colors. Better said, evry color and shape could be enjoyed. No pattering or breathing or morphing whatsoever, just the sights seemed better somehow. People are normal, interactions are normals, feeling in complete control.

Mood is elevated, but nothing brutal or out of control, just slight. Went from a "feeling down and blue" afternoon to a "watching the scenery, enjoying the setting sun". Chatting over the phone is natural, and I feel fine with myself. Movements are normal. Music is only very slightly enhanced, one doesnt feel completly absorbed by it, but rather finds it genly caressing the ear

Effects lasted for around 3 hours (almost all of which was spent outside walking around), with the comedown gentle, to near baseline in 4 hours. No after effects, no hangover, no depressed mood or any physical symptoms.

I can see how this would underwhelm most people, but for me, this substance will stay with me and I feel we will be good friends.

I just know this substance would go great when going to the movies (especially 3D...) as I feel this color enhancing property would add to the sfx. anyone with experiences like that?

I very much enjoyed it for a couple of concerts/museum outings. Just know where your upper limit is with this stuff cause when you cross it there's some really bizarro bodyload issues, including a weird twisting feeling in the chest. But so long as you're not testing out a new high mark in dosage, being at concerts and museums has been a blast. I felt so much of a lust/like/love for all the hot city dwellers surrounding me.

on 25 mg right now

LOVIN IT

dont understand why so many people are dismissing this substance, i'm trippin face!!!

snorting 5-meo-dalt?

just gave 25 mg in a capsule a test run today and was LOVING IT.

has anyone else tried insufflating the stuff? i'm thinking about giving it a run tonight and seeing how it goes. just not sure if the dosage should be about the same or if its gonna be doubled up or what? gonna start real small, at any rate.

snorting had a greatly diminished effect compared to all other roa's. I never achieved much more than some mild stimulation that way. Smoked and oral have been my favorite methods.

Wow man, you just had a big trip the other day. So I take it you don't have much tolerance if you can get off from the 5-meo-dalt.

Certainly an odd thing there...

Status
Not open for further replies.