• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DALT Thread - Part 2

So I experimented with 5-meo-dalt the other night.

I'd had a few drinks/etizolam with friends, and allowed the alcohol to wear off slightly before using.

We used a bong and lots of ash to carefully vapourise the 5-meo-dalt and my friend tried 10 mg with zero effects.

Eventually he got a hit out of it at 17 mg, so that's what I tried.

The effects were, I guess, similar to a psychedelic MDMA of some sort. I sat down and closed my eyes for the entirety of the trip. I seem to remember being very fucked and kind of focusing on the music. My friend Tom received similar effects.

The next time I tried 20 mg and received less of an effect. Music sounded cool, though not as cool as I hoped for. Either the smoking method was inconsistent (undoubtable, really) or tolerance builds fast. After the initial effects we were left with a cool sort of hedonistic feeling. Almost like a very, very mild candyflip.

My friend smoked 25 mg the next time, and received little effect.

So he decided that he wanted to smoke 50 mg [!!Please do NOT do this!!]. I talked him out of it and he settled for 35 mg. This was still too high. He became very confused and his eyes darted around the room whilst he repeatedly asked us 'what was going on'. My friend tried to talk him out of it and reassure him for five minutes to no avail. My other friend went quiet and then, again, asked us to tell him what was going on so I intervened and said 'right, basically you've taken a drug. It's called 5-meo-dalt. In five minutes it will ware off and everything will be normal. You are okay'.

A wave of realisation swept over his face and you could see the relief wash over him. He suddenly started talking normally and ecstatically as if nothing was wrong. This dose is far too high, although I do think my friend had trouble riding the experience out each time he smoked. He would have his eyes open trying to make sense of things repeatedly asking "what's this drug called again" and inevitably seeming very confused each time I uttered the words 5-meo-dalt (he know's what 5-meo-dalt is, but I guess it still sounds like a confusing jumbled mess when you're actually on the stuff).

To sum things up, I'd say a vapourised dose is 15-20 mg~, as per p-helix recommendation on the previous page. Tolerance builds fast and you need to make sure you smoke it all.

Now that I know it's active I will probably try about 40mg orally.

Last edited:
Lower doses are better, then you just tend to get the euphoria without the weirdness & problems, it's active at 1-5mg vaped. Oral doses are 15-30mg & last longer than vaping, up to about 2 hours.

Lower doses are better, then you just tend to get the euphoria without the weirdness & problems, it's active at 1-5mg vaped. Oral doses are 15-30mg & last longer than vaping, up to about 2 hours.

Would you say that 40 mg is the weird territory? I guess I'll try 30 mg.

Thanks for the detailed report, it can get quite scary at high doses as I found out the hard way eyeballing a dose whilst high on mdma which was too high and it was horrible, cold sweats, walls melting, struggling to speak. I was on my own too so made it worse, I just about managed to phone my mate to come down in case I passed out or done something stupid, I could hardly get my words out. by the time he arrived it had calmed down and I was feeling ok. I've not touched it since lol

Would you say that 40 mg is the weird territory? I guess I'll try 30 mg.

40mg is a strong dose, getting close to weird/uncomfortable territory, for me. I had some 40mg pills & took them in halves. Different people may react differently, I'm pretty light & not the fittest young thing around, but I'd start with the Shulgin recommended 12–20 mg, orally.

For me 50mg oral gave me a weird bodyload, felt very heavy like I was carrying a load of extra weight, gave me joint pain, cold sweats & made people's faces warp/melt, wasn't terrible, just not much fun, was definitely weird, I wouldn't take that dose again & definitely wouldn't try more, I'd stick to max 30mg unless tolerance was a problem. 20mg is a nice light euphoria & warm comforting body high without any visuals or much headfuck, like vapourising about 5mg, but longer lasting. I'd rather have a low dose & mix it with a low dose of something else. I'm not sure if you were wasting some when you smoked/vaped it, maybe you were burning some off in the bong or some got dissolved in the water, but 10mg vaped should be very strong, maybe get a crack pipe or an e-cig to vape it without burning it.

It's not a chem you can eyeball, you need milligram scales, it's active at low doses & higher doses get unpleasant. The stuff I got was a little clumpy too, so it'd be impossible to eyeball 20mg.

Oral doses usually seem to start working after about 10-15 minutes & then last about 2 hours. Can redose once or twice without much tolerance problem, although you may get a tolerance from using it regularly.

It's not a very visual tryptamine, I think to get much visuals you'd have to go past the euphoric stage & well into weird bodyload territory.

BTW, it dissolves OK in PG & vapes in an e-cig. Around 25-35mg per ml seems to work nicely.

Last edited:
40mg is a strong dose, getting close to weird/uncomfortable territory, for me. I had some 40mg pills & took them in halves. Different people may react differently, I'm pretty light & not the fittest young thing around, but I'd start with the Shulgin recommended 12–20 mg, orally.

For me 50mg oral gave me a weird bodyload, felt very heavy like I was carrying a load of extra weight, gave me joint pain, cold sweats & made people's faces warp/melt, wasn't terrible, just not much fun, was definitely weird, I wouldn't take that dose again & definitely wouldn't try more, I'd stick to max 30mg unless tolerance was a problem. 20mg is a nice light euphoria & warm comforting body high without any visuals or much headfuck, like vapourising about 5mg, but longer lasting. I'd rather have a low dose & mix it with a low dose of something else. I'm not sure if you were wasting some when you smoked/vaped it, maybe you were burning some off in the bong or some got dissolved in the water, but 10mg vaped should be very strong, maybe get a crack pipe or an e-cig to vape it without burning it.

It's not a chem you can eyeball, you need milligram scales, it's active at low doses & higher doses get unpleasant. The stuff I got was a little clumpy too, so it'd be impossible to eyeball 20mg.

Oral doses usually seem to start working after about 10-15 minutes & then last about 2 hours. Can redose once or twice without much tolerance problem, although you may get a tolerance from using it regularly.

It's not a very visual tryptamine, I think to get much visuals you'd have to go past the euphoric stage & well into weird bodyload territory.

BTW, it dissolves OK in PG & vapes in an e-cig. Around 25-35mg per ml seems to work nicely.

I tried it orally. One friend had work so just smoked a bit, and was able to relay what happened. He weighed out the doses but can't remember how much he gave us. I told him 30 mg was a dose though.

Basically, I was a bit drunk and had taken etizolam, as had everyone else. I don't remember anything except dancing for a bit. I assumed it hadn't worked.

Apparently, me and my two mates who were on the oral dose got stuck in a loop. I'd say I wanted to listen to psy-trance, and then my friend would say she wanted to listen to a tune they'd been working on. Then they'd realise they couldn't because it was an ableton project and wasn't finished. Then my mate would try to find it and remember it wasn't finished so he couldn't play it. Then I'd say just put psy-trance on, then my friend would suggest putting their tune on. Then my mate would try to find it on his computer... etc etc.

You get the picture. I'd have taken less if I'd seen your post. If you ask me we should have just left the set I put on, on and things would have been okay. I seem to remember enjoying myself.

I can't stand it when people interrupt to play individual tunes. Especially when they're fucking ableton projects!

But yeah, it was strange and confusing. It would have probably been uncomfortable if not for the etizolam, of which I took too much.

I have tried this chemical many times now. It is really interesting and enjoyable. I have mostly smoked it but have done orally a couple times, and have plugged it a number of times also. Smoking then plugging being my favorites, not necessarily in that order. Each has it's own merits.

The most notable thing is the euphoria when smoked. It is really intense and enjoyable. It doesn't last very long at all, however. This chem can be dosed repeatedly via smoking with seemingly no build in tolerance (or at least not much) but there might be cross-tolerance with other tryptamines. I can't really tell you exact dosages because it has been all eyeballed (bad idea I know, but I started really low and very slowly edge my way up).

One time I smoked 'too much' and actually started to trip! It was really fun though to be honest. I freaked out at first because I'm thinking "Shit! I don't know how safe this is, I'm tripping balls, this could be it, I've only read about like one other person who has tripped on this." After the initial panic though I really enjoyed it. I am trying to carefully push myself back up to that dose, and have gotten close a couple times, on the cusp of tripping but not quite there yet, just a lot of distortion and some melting (as apposed to seeing cartoony faces and some patterns and random shit).

This shit is damn near therapeutic. Almost like crack but the euphoria hits right away and falls immediately afterwords, rather then building at all, and doesn't last as long. It doesn't seem to be that bad for the body though. Heart rate seems to go up a little for me but nothing serious, there is a feeling like my heart is beating hard but I bet that is from vasoconstriction or something similar as when I tested my heart rate during one of those times it was something like 70bpm (my resting hear rate is in the high 50s).

Like some other people have said it does feel similar to mdma, but in more of a tryptamine way. It's like if molly was more of a tryptamine first, with the euphoria following in the wake of the tryptamine action. Not quite as intense though, although it damn near feels as good. It is sort of less of a physical euphoria, where as your body feels more tryptamine like, and slightly energetic, yet relaxed.

Strange stuff but I really like it.

what a wondrous chem.. i have enjoyed for years... tempted to vape this shit

Never had a great time with tryptamines, though I haven't tried a huge range. When I obtained 5-meo-dalt about a year ago (still have most of it left and rarely touch it), it would add a light buzz smoking it with friends after a night at the bar or something, but doing it alone I kind of get fuzzy and then just want to sleep. I've tried a pretty big range of dosages, I smoke it off of foil leaving enough distance from the flame to just vaporize rather than burn it. I want to have these dancey happy feelings other people get, but it's never worked that way for me.

I'm not on SSRIs but I am on Wellbutrin and a couple of other "trip-killers," aka a light dose of benzos, not necessarily every day. Might be an issue? I don't know enough about the chemistry of the substance, all I know is it's never gotten me to the point of loving the shit out of music, feeling lovey with friends, etc., and definitely never gotten even close to an MDMA vibe. I also seem to get a heavier body load than what most people have described here. A feeling of general physical unease, tenseness or pain in my neck, spine, back muscles, etc.

Went back and tried it a different night, just smoking it off foil (which I don't really like to do but works in a pinch). Body load still there, but I got some mild OEVs, wavering lines and warping of text, and an enhanced enjoyment of music. Still not my favorite thing but it's nice to see the potential.

Since Shulgin invented 5-meo-DALT, I've always trusted it.
It was really nice to take - 4 hours of trippy feeling then gone.
It was also a great sex drug - surprisingly.
So what happened - did it get banned? I can't find any.

Is this still available? I remember it being widely available but took no interest at the time, I had no idea about how it was vaped. Sounds very interesting.

Is this still available?

I thought it was gone but lately I've seen it pop up here and there.

It used to be my go-to substance for a pleasant, but mild and short experience, like a psychedelic snack of sorts (sorry if that sounds sacrilegious) but over time it lost that position to 2C-D.

I haven't touched it in over a year; earlier today I took ~35mg (orally in a gelcap) to test its activity but I hardly felt any effects at all. Seems like it doesn't last for eternity. Now I kind of miss it, time to restock.

Bump^
Just recently tried this material. Was not impressed to say the least. Just a dull feeling, with a strange body load. But luckily it didn’t last long

This one is so strange, I'm pretty sure Kaleida wrote a report about base DALT (not the 5-MeO), and definitely tripped. But unlike every single other tryptamine family I can think of, in this case the 5-MeO seems to make it LESS potent rather than more.

I never found this one interesting-sounding so I never bothered to get any. On the other hand, 5-MeO-MALT sounds like a good one.

Personnally, 80mg oral was wonderfull. Nice glowing experiences, not too long duration, easy comedowns.

But, I tried 110mg nasally one time, and it was too much. I puked and felt bad for a couple of hours.

This one is so strange, I'm pretty sure Kaleida wrote a report about base DALT (not the 5-MeO), and definitely tripped. But unlike every single other tryptamine family I can think of, in this case the 5-MeO seems to make it LESS potent rather than more.

I never found this one interesting-sounding so I never bothered to get any. On the other hand, 5-MeO-MALT sounds like a good one.

Are you sure you're not thinking of 4-AcO-DALT? I wrote a few reports on that, but I haven't actually managed to get more than a high out of DALT yet. It does definitely feel like there's something to it though, though it may require a high dosage.... I only have a small amount of it left to work with and will probably end up smoking it like the other base tryptamines. I have heard of at least one or two accounts of typical geometric visuals and such when used by this route of administration.

I'm still optimistic about 5-MeO-DALT personally, other than the possibility of body load which for this class can be kind of harsh for me. 10 mg didn't do much for me as a tester dose, but it does seem to have significantly reduced potency from most 5-MeO tryptamines as you say. In particular, I'm really excited about it now due to the fact that among the 4-substituted and possibly also the base tryptamines for me so far it seems that the DALT tail shares some of the more unique qualities of the DPT and EPT tails that separates them from the more classically DMT-like tails, which is a style I'm really coming to enjoy as of late and as I understand it is more mescaline-like than the typical indole (and it definitely applies somewhat to my 2C-C experience), and that's notable to me since 5-MeO-DPT appears to possibly be a dud due to physical toxicity from the scarce reports at doses that are far lower than would seemingly be required to produce effects alike a full dose of 5-MeO-DALT, which is apparently not unlike 5-MeO-DET, so 5-MeO-EPT while being a total unknown right now could be similarly bad too. On the other hand, 5-MeO-DALT seems remarkably safe by comparison, for whatever reason.... On top of all that, I'm also particularly drawn to it now given that I seem to have an uncommonly strong hallucinogenic response to 5-MeO tryptamines based on my experiences on 5-MeO-MiPT and 5-MeO-EiPT so far, so I'm hopeful that with a high but still reasonable dosage and some good cannabis and nitrous I'll be able to fairly easily enjoy a full-spectrum psychedelic effect out of it to make the most of these properties with. But, we shall see.... I'll probably come back to this in the near future, but maybe not before trying 5-MeO-MiPT again first.

5-MeO-MALT sounds great too, I'm really sad that I didn't get it when it was around in retrospect now having tried 4-AcO-MALT and MALT. It's been a pretty fascinating class for me so far.... Very sexy and strong but also subtle and mysterious. I really hope someone brings it back around some time.

I've got a night in, and am feeling experimental. And then I realized I have some of this. I'm thinking about 25-30mg orally. Anyone have experience or opinions? I read through much of this thread and reports seem mixed. I am anticipating a slightly trippy, euphoric experience, with little to no depth.