• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DALT Thread - Part 2

well my first experience with 5-meo-dalt was actually extremely lsdesque - and i'd dropped 40mg along with a friend in the park. lasted 2 hours, we dropped another. would have kept dropping over and over frankly if we had more pellets so i can see an addictive side to this stuff.

also noticed 0 diminishing returns with it too. bizarre substance. has been a big let down for me lately though, not sure if vendor to blame, or my tolerance.

Has anyone ever experienced heart burn from this substance. Tired about 15mg on friday and since then i have had constant heart burn and even omeprazole doesn't seem to help much. Im thinking maybe the bomb could have opened before it reached my stomach and possibly burnt my oesophagus? It was from a reputable source and all the effects where just as i expected so I'm pretty sure it is 5MeO-DALT. Iv got a Dr appointment in 2 days just incase its something else but any information or similar experiences would be much appreciated.

hm, omeprazole is the right way forward. 40mg/day should be fine. you may also try adding a few oral antiacids and avoid other causes of hearburn.

personally ive eaten (too) many substances and not all were in foil. havent had one erode the oesophagus, though the worst offenrer was ah7921..
tryptamines may taste like shit but are rarely what you might call agressive to mucosa, and the dose you took was small enough.... u sure it wasnt something else?

get well soon!

Thanks for the reply. The Dr gave me more omeprazole and the heart burn went away a few days after. Still dont know if 5-Meo-DALT caused that but it was the worst heartburn i have ever experienced! lasted about a week or so if i remember right and it left me feeling like i had a throat infection but lower down in my oesophagus. As i said though the omeprazole did the job. I ended up flushing the rest because the subtle effects weren't worth the possible health complications for me.

Hmm... forgot about this thread. For anyone wondering if I tasted the potential moxy/5-meo-dalt mixture (highly doubt it), I did and I'm quite sure there is no moxy in it and I must've ingested a ton of moxy when blacked out, whatever you live and you learn.

Anyways, I've tried it via all ROA's excluding IV/IM and still haven't found a use for it. It's kinda pleasant for a little while when plugged and slightly less when eaten but overall it hardly even feels like a psychedelic IME. Reminds me of cannabis and low dose dxm...in a way at least. It's very stoning...

The major downisides for me were that it causes quite a bit of tachycardia and chest/throat tightness, muscle tension, and a neutral feeling body buzz. By "neutral" I mean that it's not unpleasant but it's also not necessarily pleasant... likely because it was stimulating and I don't care for stims. Oh well, the only 5-meo I liked was 5-meo-mipt so I'm not surprised. Like most, I'm still puzzled by shulgins experiences with this stuff and at such low doses. I need at least 30-40mgs of this stuff for a plus one.

Hmm... forgot about this thread. For anyone wondering if I tasted the potential moxy/5-meo-dalt mixture (highly doubt it), I did and I'm quite sure there is no moxy in it and I must've ingested a ton of moxy when blacked out, whatever you live and you learn.

Anyways, I've tried it via all ROA's excluding IV/IM and still haven't found a use for it. It's kinda pleasant for a little while when plugged and slightly less when eaten but overall it hardly even feels like a psychedelic IME. Reminds me of cannabis and low dose dxm...in a way at least. It's very stoning...

The major downisides for me were that it causes quite a bit of tachycardia and chest/throat tightness, muscle tension, and a neutral feeling body buzz. By "neutral" I mean that it's not unpleasant but it's also not necessarily pleasant... likely because it was stimulating and I don't care for stims. Oh well, the only 5-meo I liked was 5-meo-mipt so I'm not surprised. Like most, I'm still puzzled by shulgins experiences with this stuff and at such low doses. I need at least 30-40mgs of this stuff for a plus one.

Which one was it? Stoning or stimulating :p?

Has anyone else noticed that this doesn't seem to enlarge your pupils like other psychs?

Poor adjective, replace stoning with buzzy if you wanna get nit-picky... though in all honesty was a bit of both. Stimmy but not so much that it's impossible to relax.

when is the ban as this stuff is being sold at stupid prices at the minute tried thought nothing of it depending on next week may get 5g at that price

It seems a lot of you are doing it wrong & missing the point with this, expecting effects that aren't there & missing the fact this is an amazing functional psychedelic - it has a single specific function, sex. It wont get you really high or give any interesting visuals, it could be dangerous to try higher doses or smoking it looking for that & you wont really get much from this.

At around 20mg oral, on top of a moderate dose of a proper psychedelic/stimulant, I've tried it with bk-2c-b, probably a low to moderate dose of 2CB or MDMA would work too, it's the ideal sex drug. If you don't have a sexual partner there doesn't seem to be much point in doing this drug. If you do, it's possibly the greatest drug ever.

The powder I got was pure white & sparkly, it's a fine powder, but seems to clump slightly & it sparkles under light. It's quite dense & clumps together easily, so please make sure you measure your doses. Effects of the substance I got seem to be as most people describe them. I had 2 doses at around 20mg each (measured, but bad scales), once before bk-2c-b & once when I'd plateaued from a moderate 120mg bk-2c-b dose. Little or no visuals (slight fishbowl effect), little euphoria, pleasant body feeling (may turn bad at higher doses), a clear slightly psychedelic head, almost like a powerful nootropic, so the first dose seemed pretty pointless, maybe a bit more powerful than a heroic dose of noopept. Hours later, when it had totally worn off & I'd plateaued off the bk-2c-b my second 20mg dose of 5-meo-dalt seemed to reduce or even totally remove the light visuals I was getting from the bk-2c-b, gave me a much clearer head & pretty much made me feel like superman, amazing sexual effects, everything you could ask for if you want a few hours of hard sex. Re-dosing & tolerance don't seem to be a problem, so you can keep the effects going for longer.

It's an amazing drug if you do it properly, use a small dose in combination with something else & have sex, but it'll be disappointing if you're looking for typical psychedelic effects, they're not there.

You have to understand Shulgin was a bit of an old hippy & looking for the ideal sex drug, he seems to have found it.

It also seems to combine well with standard doses of noopept & ginkgo, gingko may help with any vasoconstriction. Cannabis works well with it too. This is just a drug for wild drug fuelled sex.

Last edited:
Tried again at 50mg (oral), on a light (50mg) bk-2c-b trip, just to test if there's anything good at higher doses, my result was negative. Around 20mg seems perfect.

At 50mg it still killed visual effects from the bk-2c-b, but the body load was too much, it brought my back pain on again pretty bad. I felt tired, in pain & uncoordinated. My mind was confused too, it wasn't good at all. Body load was worse than a heavy dose of mushrooms, more painful for me & my head felt a bit confused like I'd had a light dose of mushrooms, but without any kind of visuals or euphoria. No particular sexual energy effects at this higher dose either.

120mg bk-2c-b & 20mg 5-meo-dalt taken when the bk-2c-b has plateaued seems ideal for me. I certainly wont try higher doses, I don't know how I'd manage the body load on 100mg+, it sounds a stupid idea to me. It's pleasant at lower doses & just gets unpleasant at higher doses. It's slightly stimmy at about 20mg, but the body load drags it down too much at 50mg.

I regularly supplement with noopept & I'm recovering from chronic joint pain, so that may have affected the experience, but I wasn't in any pain immediately before I took the 5-meo-dalt.

Last edited:
So is a vapourised dose roughly the same as an oral dose? What would people recommend to start with, for vaping?

So is a vapourised dose roughly the same as an oral dose? What would people recommend to start with, for vaping?

Vaping this compound should be about 15-20mg max. This should deliver a strong tryptamine rush and psychedelic effects lasting for about ten minutes. You would be feeling very Tranced for the duration. Music is pretty good. The taste can be abominable so try to get one or two good lungfuls without needing to reheat the 5-MeO-DALT. I have never tried an oral dose.

Vaping this compound should be about 15-20mg max. This should deliver a strong tryptamine rush and psychedelic effects lasting for about ten minutes. You would be feeling very Tranced for the duration. Music is pretty good. The taste can be abominable so try to get one or two good lungfuls without needing to reheat the 5-MeO-DALT. I have never tried an oral dose.

Interesting. Think I'll try 20mg~ oral first, then give the vaping a blast... maybe when I take mushrooms. Cheers for the info.

You would be feeling very Tranced for the duration. Music is pretty good.

Aye, that's what I'm after. %)

I eventually gave up on this as a psyche and instead used it as a stimulant empathogen or a booster for other things.

I eventually gave up on this as a psyche and instead used it as a stimulant empathogen or a booster for other things.

It works pretty well like that, I love it. Sometimes I don't want to be hallucinating too much, want to be back to baseline in under 2 hours & just want some nice psychedelic euphoria. It's pretty awesome, like mdma-lite, shorter duration, lower intensity & none of the side effects.

It's properly amazing for sex too, or even a wank.

Better eat it up before it's illegal, today is 5-meo-dalt day for me, been vaping it half of the day & just swalled half a 40mg pill - the smallest half.

E-cig vaping it works well too for a 10 minute rush & I like the taste, but I'm weird. It's much more potent vaped, I'd guess about 4x stronger effects than oral, but not lasting as long.

Last edited:
I was having 10-20mg oral boosters & e-cig vaped boosters along with several drugs (ethylphenidate, bk-2c-b, cannabis, alcohol, cocaine), always seems to produce a warm euphoria, energy & mushroom-like body high without too much visuals, horny too. It was only at 50mg oral (in a single dose, on bk-2c-b comedown) when I got some bad feeling body load. It was best with cannabis and/or bk-2c-b. With bk-2c-b it dampend the visuals & gave me the horn.

Last edited:
This thread has reminded me I got a stash of this stuff from 2 years ago, would it be any good after that long? might give it a little try this weekend.

The last time I tried it I combined it with mdma and thought I was gonna die.

Still low doses, weed & 5-meo-dalt can make my heart race a bit. Quarter that low dose if you're smoking or vaping the 5-meo-dalt. I wouldn't take it at exactly the same time as another drug either, better to wait until the main course has reached it's peak & then add a little 5-meo-dalt if it feels safe to do so, even oral doses of 5-meo-dalt tend to work quickly.

One combo I forgot about that went wrong was with 5f-akb48 & nicotine, don't do that, but just stay away from 5f-akb48 & other synthetic cannabinoids in general.