• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-AMT Thread

I, at one point, ended up eating what I was told were 6 hits of acid. The guy who sold them to me didn't expect me to eat them all. I get a call less than an hour later telling me the blotters were 3mg of 5-meo-amt each for a total of 18mg and I may need to seek medical attention. Needless to say, it was sheer hell, but I rode it out without hospitalization. I never spoke to the guy again after that night, but I'm sure as hell more careful about buying street drugs these days...

Always buy lots, and test a little before eating the big pile.

It is a hell of a lot easier to eat a 10 strip than it is to eat 20mg of 5meo amt that's for sure.

Even with acid though, potency varies. You could expect a pretty solid trip off 3 new hits... but end up getting floored on them. Other times you can eat the 10 strip and enter the solid state.

yay blotters.

yes 5 meo amt has come on blotters. But i havent heard about that in years. Ever since DOx's hit the scene.

This just in... 5-MeO-AMT is a very resilient molecule.

I have a batch I got from a source that got busted in Operation Web Tryp still to this day because everyone I know was no longer interested in taking it. I have about 100mg+ left out of the gram I bought which over the last 6 years has been stored in a variety of conditions (including at 140 degrees F in the dark for about 10 hours accidentally immediately after I received it in the mail). Other conditions this batch has been stored in are: in the freezer wrapped in aluminum foil, protected from light while in the fridge, in up to 90 degree heat wrapped in Al foil for several months - multiple times cumulatively, in room temp - in and out of the light. Just about all conditions you could store it in in some place in your house, this batch has been through it.

Laser mass spectrometry was performed on a sample from my batch this week and it is still as pure as the day it was born.
The 5-MeO-AMT is still completely pure. There are no detectable organic impurities or degredation products in it... just one beautiful peak.

I attached this, but I don't know how to make vBulletin not be retarded. So I'll post the image this way.
5-meo-amt-lc-ms.png

Last edited:
187coopa, what auditory hallucinations do you mean? How are they scary?

I've been looking for something with intense aural hallucinations man. :)

^^ Nice update. :) I'm looking forward to try 5-MeO-AMT, it is the only one 5-meo-tryptamine which I have yet to taste and which is available on the market.

I've been looking for something with intense aural hallucinations man. :)
Well, you might try(and like!) DiPT, which is well-known for its effects on auditory system. It isn't hallucinogen in the sense it doesn't make you hear sounds which aren't there(at least for me, at least in 45 mg and 90 mg doses), but it does distort sounds.

BTW, it is a magical psychedelic for me, but it is a different story.

DiPT, I've heard of that. I'll try to find it in my menus haha.
By chance does this story involve communication?

Yesterday I took 2mg's. This was perfect for a party (kalkbrenner's guten tag tour). 3mg might be the sweet spot but since I was with one non tripping friend I'd chose to take 2mg.

It brings me in a zen like state with lots of energy. I don't think I'll ever go a lot higher, just because I don't see the point.

Yesterday I took 2mg's. This was perfect for a party (kalkbrenner's guten tag tour). 3mg might be the sweet spot but since I was with one non tripping friend I'd chose to take 2mg.

It brings me in a zen like state with lots of energy. I don't think I'll ever go a lot higher, just because I don't see the point.

How was the bodyload?

Some of the reports for this one have really intrigued me, and while it's still a world away, the link to aMT has me further interested due to how much I enjoyed that one. I've recently got access to this substance, and have been considering giving it a try, but it'd also suck if the bodyload really is as bad as some people say, even at small doses.

For reference, I've never really had much of any bodyload from any psychedelic, *except* aMT which gives me incredibly strong nausea on the come up - though after I peak or throw up I feel much better.

As far as bodyload goes, there was none. Except for T+0h30-T+0h45 there was slight GI discomfort but nothing serious.
Then again, I never experienced vomiting or anything from a psychedelic (even aMT), except the first time (organic mushrooms). I have done my fair share of RC's.

For completeleness I should add I also smoked weed that night. Might have helped with the bodyload.

Had to go to the toilet a few times, probably because of drinking large amounts of water.

Maybe 2.5mg is where the sweet spot lies.
2mg was great, mood lift, senses opened, at ease yet stimulated ("bodyload"). I wouldn't want that stimulation to be more extensive so therefore I think for me 3mg would be the max.
But 2.5mg might heighten psychedelic effects without adding too much bodyload.

Comparing to aMT:

aMT used to be my favorite. Now it seems I am moving to 5MeOaMT.
I believe 5MeO to be roughly 10-15x stronger than the original.
With aMT it takes 2.5-3hours to reach peak, with the 5MeO it was more 2-2.5hours. It would seem to 5MeO lasts shorter also, in the equivalent aMT range. I'd say for me (onset-comedown) 15hours with aMT and 9-10hours with 5MeO.
Peak definetly lasted 6 hours, then *very* gradually went away. Until t+8h, where I went to sleep after vaping cannabis. I don't think this would be possible with aMT.

I also have a question:

Does 5MeOaMT release monoamines ? Or is it only an agonist ? Or does the brain treat is as just serotonin ?

That were 3 questions :)

Does 5MeOaMT release monoamines ? Or is it only an agonist ?

It is possible it releases monoamines but not proven. Reuptake inhibition is also suggested to be involved but it still seems that its pharmacology is not well studied.
Like virtually all other psychedelics 5-HT2 activity is involved, shown by ketanserin experiments.

Or does the brain treat is as just serotonin ?

Not quite, something that is not serotonin will not be treated exactly like it, simple as that. But the close resemblance seems obvious to matter, it would be expected to participate in a lot of serotonergic processes. 5-MeO-AMT is serotonin with 2 modifications: the 5-methyl ether changes polarity so that it can pass the blood brain barrier better, and the alpha methyl prevents enzymatic deamination (which would be certain death for the drug metabolically). Alpha-methyl-serotonin may be a metabolite in the brain which is very close to being serotonin itself but somewhat protected from being broken down.

^5-MeO-aMT releases mononamines very similarly to aMT. See table 3 in this paper for figures. I just remembered that about a decade ago some irresponsible vendor sent me 5-MeO-aMT hydrochloride instead of DPT by accident. I hid it away back then because aMT was easily available and 5-MeO-aMT was associated with proportionally more reports of GI distress than it.

But now I'm thinking I could just use it intramuscularly after taking some ondansetron (a selective 5-HT3 antagonist anti-emetic) and it will probably be pretty close to an aMT experience, only a full dose of the 5-MeO IMd will probably be between 2.5 and 4 mg, meaning because I got sent 500 mg by accident I maybe have 200 free aMT-like experiences for free.

Does anybody have experience with 5-MeO-aMT either injected or rectally? What was the dose for a plus three experience and did the alternative ROAs reduce GI distress symptoms?

^5-MeO-aMT releases mononamines very similarly to aMT. See table 3 in this paper for figures. I just remembered that about a decade ago some irresponsible vendor sent me 5-MeO-aMT hydrochloride instead of DPT by accident. I hid it away back then because aMT was easily available and 5-MeO-aMT was associated with proportionally more reports of GI distress than it.

But now I'm thinking I could just use it intramuscularly after taking some ondansetron (a selective 5-HT3 antagonist anti-emetic) and it will probably be pretty close to an aMT experience, only a full dose of the 5-MeO IMd will probably be between 2.5 and 4 mg, meaning because I got sent 500 mg by accident I maybe have 200 free aMT-like experiences for free.

Does anybody have experience with 5-MeO-aMT either injected or rectally? What was the dose for a plus three experience and did the alternative ROAs reduce GI distress symptoms?
From what I've seen that looks like too high of a dose, you'll be tripping balls. I hear people taking oral doses that are lower than that.

^Erowid states 4 - 10 mg oral results in strong effects for 5-MeO-aMT. Most orally active tryptamines seem to be a little more than double their potency orally when intramuscularly injected in my experience, including with the qualitatively similar aMT, so I imagine around 2.5 mg plus of the 5-MeO IM'd will get me in plus three territory like I'm looking for. But yeah, there's no sense in potentially leaping into the deep end of a drug experience with a very long-lasting compound that likely has a heavy body load. If nobody can point to actual reports I'll probably do 1 mg a half hour after 4 mg ondansetron and wait 30 minutes, then possibly the other 1.5 mg IMd or swallowed. I usually have a good idea of where I'll ultimately be plateauing by then with IM aMT HCl.

DPT and aMT is one of the most exquisite combos I have experience with, so I'm hoping the 5-MeO-aMT and ondansetron I plan to take will provide a foundation for something qualitatively similar to aMT, and also that the addition of 4-ho-DPT will produce an experience akin to the sensuously luxuriant inner landscapes and expanded sense of space I've previously enjoyed after taking the unsubstituted combo.

Yesterday I took 2.5mg at a festival. I had tried 2mg a few months earlier.
It wasn't too much, but I wouldn't go higher than 2.5mg. I think my sweet spot is 2.25mg :).
Comeup 2hours, plateau 8hours, clean comedown with some sleep at T+14h. Now T+20h and I think I will stay awake some more and go to bed early tonight.

I love this compound at these dosages. Mood lift, confidence, energy. I think most people with a negative experience take too much of this.

edit: two friends enjoyed their experience but had a headache towards the end. I might have drunk a bit more water than them. By the end I was awake for 28hours but basically without side effects.
definete CEV's with the aid of a light and visuals show. I was "in that place" for a few times. Total focus.

Last edited:
^Sounds like it is, for oral at least. The dosages reported by experiencers on Erowid lean towards overshooting the mark by quite a bit. I've always thought the real value of aMT was in using plus two doses to give a positive euphoric push to plus three doses of more rough n' tumble tryptamines (DMT, DPT, 5-MeO-DMT, 4-AcO/ho-DMT/DET/MiPT and MET), so if sticking to the lower side of 5-MeO-aMT is the way to go it's fine by me.

^ Indeed. Also I'd like to add there's a wonderful afterglow. I feel more at peace.

BTW, when describing this to friends I make sure to make clear this is a potent compound standing on its own, but that there are some correlations with MDMA. (monoamine release, ..)
This leads them to think they will experience an MDMA high, just for a longer time. It's not like that IMO.
It's much more "subtle", although 2-2.5mg is very in your face/body/mind.
MDMA *forces* you into "that place", with 5MeOaMT it takes some effort. There is excess energy building up in your system (be it body, mind or soul) and it takes some effort to "challenge" that energy to something "useful". But the place is equally beautiful, if not more so. I was on the verge of tears for most of Gui Borato's live set. I felt my chakra's loading.

Also I'd like to add, when sitting down between sets (getting old you know), I realized when I sat down, my body was completely relaxed. As in, I wouldn't think I'd have the energy to get up later.
When I did get up, there was some ortostatic hypotension. Getting dizzy, some headrush. It never went black before my eyes but I felt I had to concentrate more when I just got up.
When I was finally up and I was in range of the music, the energy came back full force. My belief is that the compound doesn't "give" energy like MDMA does, it allows you to use the energy/vibrations surrounding you.

Intramuscular IM 5-MeO-aMT HCl

With 4 mg of ondasetron 1 mg 5-MeO-aMT HCl intramuscularly injected caused no gastrointestinal issues or headache like many have reported with oral doses of this compound. I had weighed out 5 mg and used liquid measurement, so I wanted to use all 5 mg. I used 1.5 mg plugged about an hour after IMing, and finished the remainder of the 5 mg a few hours later. I can't comment on how much more potent it is than oral because I've never used oral, but 1 mg IM plateaued at perhaps a plus 1.5 within 40 minutes, with first alerts within 5 minutes, similarly to aMT. The additional plugged doses were felt more slowly than the IM, but I'd say I plateaued from each within an hour with first alerts at 20 minutes or so.

There were few visual alterations but otherwise if felt fairly similar to aMT -- a tryptamine flavored light to moderate empathogen/euphoriant. It combined beautifully with 4-ho-DPT (32 mg IM). Next time I do 5-MeO I'll probably start with 2 - 2.5 mg IM.

This 5-MeO-aMT HCl was from a glass vial I mostly forgot about/ignored for about a decade. There were no signs of degradation. I'm not sure how much the ondansetron helped but if you are sitting on a bunch of 5-MeO you bought years ago but have been ignoring because of negative symptoms it might be worth a try.

Last edited:
Wif you are sitting on a bunch of 5-MeO you bought years ago but have been ignoring because of negative symptoms it might be worth a try.

Yeah this perked my interest. Most of the bummer reports I read (and I've just check again yesterday) involve an unknown amount or more than the 2.25mg the above poster said is best. I suspect in the coming year I will have a alpha-O report myself.