• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Big & Dandy 5-IT / 5-API Thread

I was feeling fine, not depressed or any anxiety, just a little tired (but trouble sleeping). The days after was like a normal day for me ;)

Someone asked for an MDMA replacement without the comedown. I delivered.

I'm probably missing something? In what sense? It's nothing like. The only thing that's ever been like MDMA, or will ever be like MDMA is MDMA.

Thanks for your input! The bad comeup sounds similar to AMT, except that one lasts up to 3 hours. Can anyone else say something about the comedown/hangover?

How was yours?

@nicklazz: How was your comedown and more important: The hangover the next days, after taking 400mg?

The come-up is nothing like aMT, don't worry. Nor is the comedown. Come-up is completely smooth. It's a gradual build over a coupla hours. Not nearly as stimulating as aMT ( or 6-APB for that matter ). The come-down is just as gradual, creeping heaviness, like 'I think I should probably be going to bed about now'. No more than that. Next day is fine, so long as you've had a sleep. No suicide Tuesdays at all IME. My highest dose - 500mg in a single session, for what it's worth. Not that I'm recommending anyone go anywhere near, obviously.

Last edited:
Need to give this a go, the duration sounds like it's challenging AMT for the crown of longest lasting legal stimulant. :D It doesn't sound as "rushy" as AMT or 6-APB though. As someone said earlier in the thread, we need some more dopamine heavy empathogens like Mephedrone, Methylone, 6-APB...

Your description sounds very much like the comedown from AMT to me. Do you think there is more of a comedown/hangover with AMT?

Yes. aMT has a bit more of a hangover. It may be just to do with duration, it may be to do with stimulation, psychedlic effects, serotonin, whatever, IDK, but 5-IT has less of a come down IME than aMT.

Morpheus19 said:
Would you say that you are somehow resilient in terms of hangovers, or just normal?

I don't know. Seems I have to dose high to get anything like the effect some others claim of lots of the new RCs. Quite possibly maxed on anything Serotonergic having had a bit of a run though, and having a bit of a rest. My hangovers from the lot of 'em are nothing like what I'd expect from MDMA, Cocaine, Amphetamine, or any of the other usual suspects. Make of that what you will?

Morpheus19 said:
From what I get from the other reports, 5-it sounded somewhat more like a stimulant compared to AMT. Does AMT really have that much stimulating effects for you?

I find aMT *very* stimulating. Much more so than 5-IT. Much more psychedelic also. 6-APB and 5-IT are pure stimulants >for me<. [edit]except in combination, when together they're a whole different drug. See above.[/edit] aMT > 6-APB > 5-IT stimulation-wise. Not all that comparable.

Hope I'm not confusing things? We're into purely subjective effects territory, yeah? They're difficult to describe. ;)

Last edited:
Does AMT really have that much stimulating effects for you?

I do love to sit and "relax" on AMT but it's very stimulating for myself and many of my friends, though we all agree it's quite a dopey (as in makes you feel stupid - in a good way) sort of stimulation. :p

I feel razor sharp on aMT. And extremely stimulated when moving or lovely and sedated when sitting down.

Yeah, aMT's very steerable isn't it cannibalsnail? You can do things with the lift and focus or just veg out and drift with the current on it, however the mood takes you. In that respect 5-IT is very one-dimensional. It kind of does its thing very simply having a very narrow range of effects in comparison.

*order's some more aMT*

I'm blaming you bastards for that!

Gawd I love me some aMT =D

Ok this time i got trough 800mg in about 30 hours, great high, some would maybe feel to "fucked" but I liked it, but there was some side effects (of course, insane high amount). Sweating a lot, My legs shaking a lot in a rythm, it shaked like crazy in 20 secs then stopped for a bit then come again, and it was going on for a couple of hours. Couldn't pee for 7 hours. No anxiety or other mental side effects was noticed.

About the high, it was totally bliss of euphoria, extreme mood lift, music sounded fuckin amazing, colors was stronger, lot of energy and the horniness was crazy, and no problem getting it up for sex!

Will add more about my binge later. :)

Last edited:
Ok this time i got trough 800mg in about 30 hours, great high, some would maybe feel to "fucked" but I liked it, but there was some side effects (of course, insane high amount). Sweating a lot, My legs shaking a lot in a rythm, it shaked like crazy in 20 secs then stopped for a bit then come again, and it was going on for a couple of hours. Couldn't pee for 7 hours. No anxiety or other mental side effects was noticed.

About the high, it was totally bliss of euphoria, extreme mood lift, music sounded fuckin amazing, colors was stronger, lot of energy and the horniness was crazy, and no problem getting it up for sex!

Will add more about my binge later today, need some sleep :)

You couldn't pee for 7 hours? I can't think of a correct phrase to describe this post so I'm just gonna use this smiley :|

I'd heavily advise others not to repeat this kind of dosing with a chemical that has only (except for isolated cases) started being ingested within the past couple of months......

You couldn't pee for 7 hours? I can't think of a correct phrase to describe this post so I'm just gonna use this smiley :|

Well if u have nothing to say why comment on it? ;)

Don't know why I couldn't, I really should pee, but it would not come out, so a lot of pain under my stomach in those hours.

I find it hard to stop redosing on this, that's why I ended up doing all that.

Gonna try this next time I go out. I've taken 6-apb several times of the past year but not its just no where near as good as it used to be, and doesn't make me dance much either. Plus it makes me look like a retard while on 6-apb.

Sounds like you experienced some kind of craving. Can you compare the intensity of it with other drugs you have taken? I don't really experience any urge to redose on AMT, but I can't stop taking methylone for example. 2-fma on the other hand is hard to stop, but it's possible. How would you rank 5-it?

When it was at it's highest peak (have done around 500-600mg there), the intensity was something like Mephedrone and Methylone, just a more relaxed feeling in the body, but my mind was blown away! :D

It's easier to stop redosing than mephedrone, amphetamine, ethylphenidate etc, but still pretty hard.

I tried this the weekend just gone, dosed 150 mg. The come-up was annoyingly long, but the high itself was great! Had a bad case of fiend though, dosed another 200mg after about 5 hours. After 11 hours, when I started to come-down I dropped 7mg Etizolam. So as for the the next day... I lost it in sleep!

I didn't find it fiendy at all as far as redosing went. It wasn't a compulsion to redose or a craving as such. It was just I was enjoying myself and felt I could quite easily go higher than where I was at at the time to no ill effect and wanted to keep the good vibes going. I'm rubbish at saving drugs I've got at the best of times, always have been, even when I know a redose of the substance at hand won't necessarily improve things, as with aMT and 6-APB for example where redosing doesn't really work once you've hit peak. Can't say how well 5-IT redoses now I think on it. Difficult to say as I've comboed it when redosed thus far. Seemed to be some extra lift IIRC, but as per usual with substances like this not nearly as much as you might expect having just doubled up on an initial dose.

Last edited:
So would you say the craving had sth. to do with the high dose you took? Do you have also experience with a lower dosage?
How was the craving for the others who have already tried it?

First time I used it I ended up doing 400mg, and I didn't start up too big, so yea I got it too on lower doses.

But I didn't craved it when it was gone, like I would do on mephedrone, just when I was doing it, and wanted to save some but ended up doing it all both times :)

wow some people must love to get totally spangled, half a gram of this stuff in one night?! I would be a gibbering, gurning mess by that point. I got some pretty bad bruxism off 70mg! My highest dose so far. I chewed my gums quite a bit, and I know from higher doses of MDMA etc I've gurned badly and my mouth can take a week or so to recover. Magnesium helped with MDMA for me, but seemed to only make a little difference with 5-IT. But YMMV of course!

I'm planning to try this for the first time tomorrow, 125mg orally around mid-day to allow for the long duration and also its supposed to be a nice sunny day and I reckon this could be fun outdoors. What concerns me is the comedown. I've heard that the effects are similar to 6-apb which I'm familiar with and enjoy, but I get quite a rough 'suicide Tuesday' from it if I hit it too hard. Does anyone have any personal experience on how this will pan out in the days afterwards? I'm not planning to cane it, but I have a big day on Saturday and don't want to feel like shit.

Well if u have nothing to say why comment on it? ;)

Don't know why I couldn't, I really should pee, but it would not come out, so a lot of pain under my stomach in those hours.

I find it hard to stop redosing on this, that's why I ended up doing all that.

Sorry my post was really arsy - far too easy to judge someone on a stimulant binge when I'm not on one. :)

For something actually constructive: Sitting down can help alleviate some of the pressure on the bladder so make it easier to pee but IMO the best option is cannabis - at the end of a binge smoking some on the come down sorts out the bladder problem instantly and always allows me to finally piss (am-2201 also works well).

Thanks Morpheus19. I've read just about everything on every forum so I guess I just need to get stuck in! I'll report back.