Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MiPT Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
4-ho-mipt

I recently tried 4-ho-mipt ( 4-hydroxy-N,N-methyl-isopropyltryptamine ) and i couldn't find a thread about it on bluelight so i thought i'd start one.
I believe the typical dose is about 20mg and I found the effects to be very similar to that of shrooms, a very emotionally-attached and spiritual experience.

curious to see what other BLers have to say about it..

You didn't look very hard. :) This thread already exists

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=154051

At the top of the page is the 'essential reading' list. Check it out before posting.

Personally, miprocin was too similar to mushrooms to take my interest. Might as well eat the real deal. The only mushroom analogue that ever really interested me is iprocin...because it is so different from mushrooms....makes it worth my time.

i found 4 ho mipt to be very different than shrooms.
I found 4 ho det to be alot closer to shrooms.

If one had 4-HO-MIPT Fumarate, and was planning to make it last like 3-4 months, would it be absolutely necessary to freeze it? He have a mini-fridge that gets ALMOST as cold as a regular fridge, will that be sufficient? He does not want it to degrade. Does he need to freeze it or not? What do you guys think?

You asked this before. It is best to freeze it. Some people manage to store it ok, but why take the chance?

It is best to freeze it. Some people manage to store it ok, but why take the chance?
So I plan on freezing it in an airtight glass vial with silica gel and no access to light. This should work well.

I have one question though...I know it takes about an hour for something refrigerated to thaw out...but how long should I wait after taking it out of the freezer before opening the vial (to avoid moisture)? What's the usual length of time for thawing from a freezer? Is there some way I can tell when it has become fully thawed out?

morninggloryseed said:
You asked this before. It is best to freeze it. Some people manage to store it ok, but why take the chance?

Because a freezer will of course be checked if any law enforcement agents knock on your door. Not to sound paranoid, but I prefer not to store these chemicals at any residence for these implications. Also, I don't generally like the idea of having very potent psychedelics laying around where others might get to them (I guess you could solve this by keeping them in a lock box in the freezer).

However, I stand by my claim that the best place to store them is a relatively high altitude mountain on the north (shady) side of a boulder or tree, buried deep down.

Peace!:)

However, I stand by my claim that the best place to store them is a relatively high altitude mountain on the north (shady) side of a boulder or tree, buried deep down.
So I have to drive 2 hours to a mountain and look for a needle in a haystack that I buried everytime I want to bake? ;) just kidding dude, but it wouldn't work for me.

Do you have any idea about the length of time to thaw from the freezer?

As soon as the material/vial has come to RT (i.e. won't form condensation because of a difference in ambient temp). You'll notice as you take it out of the freezer the outside of the vial will condensate. It will take a different amount of time depending on at least these factors: the temperature of the room, temperature of the freezer, and relative humidity.

I'd guess around 45-60mins would be playing it safe.

Too cool story; there's a boulderfield in New Hampshire that has boulders with little mini-caves underneath and in these caves they are frozen solid, in the middle of July! That would be a great year around stash spot! Beautiful woods to boot!

Peace! :)

samadhi_smiles said:

Peace!:)

Well if that works for you, go right ahead. Freezer is fine for me. Nobody goes in my freezer without my knowledge, and I don't see law enforecment at my place ever. Why would I? Actually I have to say if you are that worried, you are definitely either very paranoid, or you do a lot of law-breaking. Most people don't sit and worry about cops coming to their house, that they have to bury drugs on a mountain top.

You have gone Crazy!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Aaaah, now we have a quest! SS's psychedelic treasure!!

He gave us the hints like any self-respecting pirate would on his vague treasure map.

Now lets go climb mountains and see who finds SS's treasure!!!

:)

I just figured I'd contribute my experience with substance in case someone was looking for more information as to what to expect.

I took about 26-28 mg of 4-HO-MiPT. It was beautiful, lasted about 6 hours, and had 2 or 3 hours afterwards of a bizarre kind of body-roll type feeling. There were times when it was startling, but it was easily managed. I did not have ANY sorts of erotic feelings when on this, it was quite the opposite in terms of that. I'd also suggest using Miprocin in daytime, the best part of the trip was when the sun was shining- the visuals were much more "sweet" and powerful when outdoors, the artificial light made everything washed over with a sickly yellowish tinge. I also had very interesting auditory hallucinations- bells ringing, glass shattering, windchimes, all at once. Definitely spiritually powerful as well. LOTS and LOTS of crawling.

Be safe, enjoy, take care.

Hello,

After trying this chemical's relative (4-ACO-MIPT), I gained access to approximately 100mg of 4-HO-MIPT. Since I didn't have a scale, i made a poor decision (though it would have been worse with a larger amount) and eyeballed a dose.

At t+0:00 I took 12.5mg, and at t+0:20 I took another 12.5mg. I also snorted 6.25mg at t+0:30 which had the effect of pushing the trip off its natural progression up towards its peak almost immediately (by t+0:40).

I made the error of assuming this substance's dose would be similar to the 4-ACO version, which was a pretty poor decision on my part (I didn't do my homework and rushed into it too fast). The trip was extremely intense and the body load was really uncomfortable; I had intense jittering, jaw clenching, tons of sweating and I felt really "on edge" for the whole time.

Besides the body load, though, it was a really intense psychedelic experience. I know the visuals are kind of hit or miss with this substance, but in my opinion it is an extremely visual drug: tons of color, shape and depth distortions, the (white) christmas lights I hung up in my room finally paid off with rays of rainbow-colored light.

I was disappointed in the mental aspect, though. I -know- there's something there mentally, but the whole experience was at a level of intensity that I couldn't say "stop" to even a small extent: on psychedelics, I like to be able to take a step back (even if just for a second) to get my bearings, or realign my path on what really is a "journey."

I will say that I finally truly appreciated the beauty of good music while on psychedelics; I listened to The Beatles' Abbey Road and really appreciated it on a level that I don't think I've reached while sober; interconnections in the album, the amazingly intense guitar of I Want You (She's So Heavy) really spoke to me on a pretty deep level that I (thankfully) retain through sobriety and to today, around 3 days later.

My scale should be coming in the mail today or tomorrow, and when it does I'll both weigh out what I have remaining (my supplier is known for their exact measurements in orders) to determine what dose I took this night, and probably trip again on a more reasonable dose that might facilitate some traditional psychedelic exploration (15-20mg, perhaps).

Thanks for the TR!

Do you think that level of appreciation for music is there while you are sober it is just being blocked somehow by your rational/judging mind? Sometimes I see psychedelics as allowing me to embody my natural state of being.

Please do not eyeball 4-substituted-Ts. It will send you to the emergency room eventually.

samadhi_smiles said:
Thanks for the TR!

Do you think that level of appreciation for music is there while you are sober it is just being blocked somehow by your rational/judging mind? Sometimes I see psychedelics as allowing me to embody my natural state of being.

Please do not eyeball 4-substituted-Ts. It will send you to the emergency room eventually.

at least he only eyeballed out of 100mg. even if he really fucked up splitting it into 10ish piles, he would most likely not go over 25-30 mg, which is high but not beyond what some of our BLers have done. :\

get a scale

who said:
at least he only eyeballed out of 100mg. even if he really fucked up splitting it into 10ish piles, he would most likely not go over 25-30 mg, which is high but not beyond what some of our BLers have done. :\

get a scale

There is no vendor on this earth that can always send exactly the amount you request. To think otherwise is to surely be a fool. This is no joke - they are VERY potent chemicals that can cause serious physical, mental, and emotional damage if used incorrectly. Vendors make mistakes - and with alarming frequency in my experience with even the most trusted vendors. Then there are some blessed vendors which will purposely give you 75-100mg more even on 100mg sample orders.

A 250mg pile of 4-substituted-t looks VERY much like 100mg to me even though I've seen various batches of each a few times.

Without a scale it is impossible to for sure tell the difference. Now, splitting a 250mg pile into 10 piles you would AT best be taking 25mg when you thought you were taking 10, but perhaps you eyeballed wrong and you're actually taking 50mg? This would be an almost guarenteed disaster.

I am advising you buy an accurate scale or do not use these chemicals. Scales are not that expensive and if you can afford the chemicals you can afford the scale (you should build cost of scales, cost of regeants, etc into the price of the chemical experience you are buying).

It is very annoying and also sad that so many feel they are above the danger of working with pure psychedelic compounds without a scale. I guess psychedelics really do cause schizophrenia, because numerous people here think they are superman.

Folks, if you have money to buy "research chemicals" then you have money to buy a scale. That is like buying a car, and refusing to drive with insurance. You WILL get burned at some point. Use the brains Allah gave you, and buy a scale if you are going to be experimenting with these drugs.

samadhi_smiles said:
There is no vendor on this earth that can always send exactly the amount you request. To think otherwise is to surely be a fool. This is no joke - they are VERY potent chemicals that can cause serious physical, mental, and emotional damage if used incorrectly. Vendors make mistakes - and with alarming frequency in my experience with even the most trusted vendors. Then there are some blessed vendors which will purposely give you 75-100mg more even on 100mg sample orders.

A 250mg pile of 4-substituted-t looks VERY much like 100mg to me even though I've seen various batches of each a few times.

Without a scale it is impossible to for sure tell the difference. Now, splitting a 250mg pile into 10 piles you would AT best be taking 25mg when you thought you were taking 10, but perhaps you eyeballed wrong and you're actually taking 50mg? This would be an almost guarenteed disaster.

I am advising you buy an accurate scale or do not use these chemicals. Scales are not that expensive and if you can afford the chemicals you can afford the scale (you should build cost of scales, cost of regeants, etc into the price of the chemical experience you are buying).

i agree that a scale is a requirement, not something to be viewed as optional. which is why the last sentence of my post was "get a scale". if you use the liquid method you don't even have to have an expensive scale. i was just stating that this guy isn't as dumb as say...JucieJay who eyeballed DOI for himself and a friend. at least this guy is semi-sane in his endevors. even if, like you said, he got 75-100mg more, which is the most extra weight i have ever seen in one of my samples, he would still only be dosing around 25-30mg, which is bad if you're not ready for it.

GET A SCALE PEOPLE
or if you go to college make friends with someone in the chemistry/any other lab based department and use one of their scales. if doing this make sure you are doing it after hours, so you don't get your friend fired from their job.
be safe folks.

^^ Absolutely true. Although to be fair, JuicyJay did that months and months ago and seems to be a responsible user now.

ahhh Juicy finlly learned his lesson...or he stopped posting about his crazy misadventures with potent chemical compounds.

on a different note. i recently tried some 4-HO-MiPT and had something happen to me that has never happened before with this chemical and i was wondering if it has happened to anyone else.

i ingested 12mg of miprocin at roughly 1:20 pm. an hour passes, and nothing happens. two hours pass and nothing happens. then a thrid has passed and i'm thinking, i got burned or it's a bad batch, but atleast i won't be a raving loon now that my significant other is home, and then bam 3hrs 20min after ingestion i'm hit with an almost immediate +2 which climbs to a soft +3. needless to say i held it together just fine since we were just watching movies and laying on the couch, but damn was that a long come up with absolutly no body warnings of the impending visual and mental circus that was coming at me. strange ehh?

Status
Not open for further replies.