• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MET Thread - Part 3 - 4-HO-ME's for life

5mg of 4-aco-mipt are enough for a psychedelic experience? we talk of IV here or this guy is ultra-sensitive? :)

DocLad

5mg of 4-aco-mipt are enough for a psychedelic experience? we talk of IV here or this guy is ultra-sensitive? :)

DocLad

Are you saying that you are ultra-sensitive and are wondering whether 5mg IV'd will be enough for you? If so, I would imagine yes. I can't see it being super strong, but it could be pretty nice.

I love this compound. I'll admit I'm not much of a psychonaut, but I'm in love with this stuff. I'm particularly fond of smoking it, since the awkwardness of the come-up is reduced in terms of duration. Lately ive found a beautiful synergy between 4-ho-met and PPAP (N, alpha-dipropylphenethylamine). The combination results in an optimism and lust for life that is really quite exceptional. The other evening i smoked about 45mg of 4-ho-met alongside about 25mg of PPAP and the result was pure joy (after a short come-up). This is beautiful stuff.

I love this compound. I'll admit I'm not much of a psychonaut, but I'm in love with this stuff. I'm particularly fond of smoking it, since the awkwardness of the come-up is reduced in terms of duration. Lately ive found a beautiful synergy between 4-ho-met and PPAP (N, alpha-dipropylphenethylamine). The combination results in an optimism and lust for life that is really quite exceptional. The other evening i smoked about 45mg of 4-ho-met alongside about 25mg of PPAP and the result was pure joy (after a short come-up). This is beautiful stuff.

Do you vaporize it in the form of salt? I thought vaporizing would be more powerful and that a lower dose would be necessary.
How long are the effects?

DocLad

Are you saying that you are ultra-sensitive and are wondering whether 5mg IV'd will be enough for you? If so, I would imagine yes. I can't see it being super strong, but it could be pretty nice.

Not me, him.
5mg of 4-aco-mipt for me is not even a threshold dose (oral). Rectal, IV or IM can surely be noticed.

DocLad

I'm sensitive, i can trip hard with 1'5 grams of mushrooms, and only 75 mcg of al-lad is very fun and euphoric to me

Do you vaporize it in the form of salt? I thought vaporizing would be more powerful and that a lower dose would be necessary.
How long are the effects?

DocLad

t's actually quite inefficient and is perhaps equipotent to oral dosing. All said and done it is about 2.5 hours in duration, consisting of the entire 4-ho-met experience only abbreviated. I have been using the hcl salt, and would probably advise against smoking the fumarate salt as it would produce maleic anhydride. I believe making the freebase would be worth the fuss. In any event, the ability to go from sober to glowing in 2.5 hours is what makes smoking this substance so attractive. Add PPAP and the experience is radiant. Regardless of route however, this stuff is exceptional. Simple long forgotten truths are remembered, excitement restored.

The feeling reminds me of a passage from Nabokov's short story, "God's":

"Listen. I want to run all my life, screaming at the top of my lungs. Let all of life be an unfettered howl. Like the crowd greeting the gladiator.

Dont stop to think, dont interrupt the scream, exhale, release life's rapture. Everything is blooming. Everything is flying. Everything is screaming, choking on its screams. Laughter. Running. Let-down hair. That is all there is to life."

May seem unprofound in a sense, but thats the nature of this compound. This mindset is heightened by the addition of PPAP. This compound might work well in concert with 2cb-fly.

Nice passage.:\

4-ho-met orally is not that it lasts a long time, what bothers me are the intestinal gas that produces me and the consequent pain. I have to try it rectal yet.
I don't know if the 4-ho-met I have is the HCl salt or Fumarate, so I completely rule out any attempt to vaporize it.

DocLad

I use this one to meditate, similar to how one might use shrooms. There is a lot of stress in my life at the moment, and the trip was a reflection of myself. It had me pondering aspects of myself and why I am that way and how I might change. I was in the present moment but thinking a lot about the past and what I can learn from it. I have been sitting in silence, and my brief social interactions have been polite. I am deeply immersed in my thought processes and how I might make better decisions in the future, why I get depressed, why I get anxious the reasons. Are they even valid reasons? Am I really like thi? Am I really that way? Oh, I didn't notice that before. Feelings of anything from discomfort and pain to bliss. I'm getting some really neat visuals now that I smoked a heavy bong toke after not smoking for some time. The cedar planks and ceiling tiles are intricately patterned and it is hard to believe my eyes. Chron definitely potentiates this, I was coming down before.

I prefer to gently rail it. 10 - 20mg for me, not much tolerance really. I wouldn't take this one too far. I find it increases my heart rate, could be anxiety but I find it pretty stimulating especially near the end of the trip. It is more sedating near the beginning I find this consistently. Not that I don't mind stimulating psychedelics, if I wanted to get really far out I'd just smoke dmt or rail 5-meo-dmt.

It promotes Awareness.

Hi, i want to try 4-HO-MET for the first time. I did several trips with Shrooms (psy. cubenis) up to 4g and (1p-)LSD up to 225 μg. What dosage would you recommend me, for a similar, full psychedelic experience?

thx
konan

I'd start with 25mg, and see how you react, should be similar to 4g of mushrooms. I like 30-35mg with this the most personally but I'm kind of a hardhead.

^Holy shit man, 25mg? I only needed 15 to get very uncomfortable, and at the time I was into dosing three tabs of LSD or an eighth of mushies at a time. Dip your toe in low the first time. 4-ho-met was the closest I've come to entity contact. Creepy contact...

Well okay, it's true that some people are more and less sensitive. So probably start at 12mg, good call.

Just wanted to put that out there. 20mg was the minimum my friends needed to have a decent trip, but for me I was very sensitive.

Since i need more substance for a satisfying trip (eg 150 μg LSD does not bring me beyond the psychedelic border), I will try 25 mg.

^That's just the thing tho... I can easily handle a hard trip on other psychs, but 4-ho-met was incredibly potent. Being hardheaded to one substance doesn't mean squat for another. I'm sure you'll be fine (psychs like this aren't toxic) but I did not enjoy going past 20mg, in the slightest.

^Holy shit man, 25mg? I only needed 15 to get very uncomfortable, and at the time I was into dosing three tabs of LSD or an eighth of mushies at a time. Dip your toe in low the first time. 4-ho-met was the closest I've come to entity contact. Creepy contact...

Creepy indeed! I need to try out the other 4 subs or take a proper dose of mushrooms (haven't in like 4 years) and see if gets that same vibe going. Something about the trip and visuals of 4-ho-met are just, ghoulish. I'm still very curious of the stuff, glad its so light on the mind since those visuals would maybe be not so nice if the head high was going off too.

The question was on dosage equivalency, not about where a reasonable person would begin titrating up. I'm a lightweight with many psychs, but my sweet spot with the very similar 4-AcO-MET is 30-35mg. A friend, however, was white-knuckling at 5mg. We're all different, and we react to every material differently. Dosage equivalencies are rough approximates at best.