• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MET Thread - Part 3 - 4-HO-ME's for life

I agree with the above poster.

Although metocin has the nickname "colors" it has the potential to be far more profound than that.

I still remember that one time Jesus came by and took my hand and showed me The Way to God. Crazy stuff for (at the time) atheist-me??

After much success combining 4-aco-DMT and AL-LAD this year on multiple occasions, I'm thinking AL-LAD will pair nice visually with 4-HO-MET.

For those who have done this combo I am curious of dosages, how the administration of each were timed together, and how they synergized.

Anyone has very strong auditory effects, like when you close your eyes everything starst tu humm and the all kind of beeps tweeks splreqrs and stutters that you can feel in every cell of your body?

I still remember that one time Jesus came by and took my hand and showed me The Way to God. Crazy stuff for (at the time) atheist-me����
This part of your post caught my eye - do you mean to imply that you are no longer atheist? If not, is this directly as a result of your experiences on 4-HO-MET or other psychedelics, or other factors?

I am curious because my own experimentation with 4-AcO-DMT and 4-HO-MET has consistently lead to some of the most profound psychedelic experiences I've ever had, as well as the feeling of being in the presence of God, so to speak. I am still effectively atheist but it has made me a lot more curious about religious ideas.

Vastness,
I never got that from 4-ho-met, but my first time with 4-aco-dmt (30mg + 150mg MDMA) had me feeling a sensation of being in the presence of divinity. Not big-G "God" necessarily, but something for sure.

Still atheist as well. I have never felt anything similar while sober so it's easy for me to chalk it up to taking hefty doses of strong drugs. Also, there's this: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_helmet

^Actually my recent 4-HO-MET dose was combined with DCK, dissociatives and tryptamines seem to be a pretty reliable inducer of profoundness, so for me it remains to be seen if 4-HO-MET can induce that feeling on it's own. My first experience of this sort was on 25mg of 4-AcO-DMT alone however, and was, at the time, surprising to me because it seemed incongruently powerful compared to the trip itself, which was a powerful experience even prior to this, but not exactly an Earth-shattering, white-knuckle ride in terms of intensity.

Still though, I don't doubt either that the primary cause of this feeling was the fact I had taken a powerful psychedelic drug :). I don't think that detracts from it's meaningfulness though, although, if I'm honest, exactly in what way it was meaningful to me or anyone else is something I probably have yet to completely figure out.

Thanks for that link, just skimmed it briefly for now but will have a proper read later, looks like an interesting experiment.

Anyone has very strong auditory effects, like when you close your eyes everything starst tu humm and the all kind of beeps tweeks splreqrs and stutters that you can feel in every cell of your body?

How much of a dose invokes such effects?..

With both 4-HO and especially with higher dose 4-AcO-MET I would feel and even hear electric zaps in my head, very synthetic sounding, they especially prominent if trying to fall asleep while the action is still going on.

Recently while tripping on 1P-LSD I decided to lay down, close my eyes and ears completely and just waited for about 20 minutes. Then I started hearing the hum - like my body constantly makes this hum but normally I dont pay attention to it, besides hum I started noticing squeaks and groans as well as deep thumping of my heart. My breathing started sounding like an ocean tides. I enjoyed it for about an hour and it kinda resonates with Buddhist teachings on how to learn to hear an orchestra within by simply introspecting deep enough.

So maybe those sounds were in fact your body's natural sounds, amplified by the substance's "electric" character?

Tryptamines tend to give me strong auditory effects like you describe, not just this one. Not only tryptamines either... 2C-E seems to do it particularly strongly.

Tried this substance around 7 times now, mainly experimented with smaller dosage ranges (15mg) for social settings, watched the new blade runner at the cinema with this and had a great controllable experience.

One negative effect I haven't seen posted by anyone is a post trip body load with it that I get.

On my second trip I decided to take 20mg and then redose 20mg x2 over a couple hours being unhappy with the effects, only until after did I understand why people said redosing was pretty much pointless and have to agree didn't benefit from it and haven't done it since.
However after first dosing +5 hours I got this very strange, quite scary body load. Which I remember being a burning itch sensation all in my body and remember my skin feeling hot and tight, it wasn't painful enough to visit a hospital however it was as though someone was prickling me with hot needles all over my body, this subsided after about 4 hours of tossing and turning in bed which is when the faintness, nausea and vertigo kicked in ended up being ill for the rest of the day being sick.
Quite scary and a good kick up the arse to not do something so stupid and 'chase' the high.
Luckily I have always been responsible with my doses and settings so recognized this fault to put me back in line probably needed the experience to remind me of that. That being said on any dose of metocin 10mg+ I notice this bodyload every so slightly on the latter stages of the trip and up to 6ish hours after, feeling a pricklish heat to the skin perhaps a slight swollen feeling.

Would be interesting if anyone else relates to this, or whether it is an allergy thing despite doing allergy tests.
Other key information was I attended a rave 5 days prior where I took lsd, E, metocin with hourly intervals( 40ug, 100mg, 100mg, 10mg) so this probably attributed to the severity of the bad bodyload. However I still experience this burning, itching sensation on a much milder scale, enough so that I can sleep after a smoke on the smaller doses but there is definitely some unatural skin feeling on any dose above 10mg.

Tried this substance around 7 times now, mainly experimented with smaller dosage ranges (15mg) for social settings, watched the new blade runner at the cinema with this and had a great controllable experience.

One negative effect I haven't seen posted by anyone is a post trip body load with it that I get.

On my second trip I decided to take 20mg and then redose 20mg x2 over a couple hours being unhappy with the effects, only until after did I understand why people said redosing was pretty much pointless and have to agree didn't benefit from it and haven't done it since.
However after first dosing +5 hours I got this very strange, quite scary body load. Which I remember being a burning itch sensation all in my body and remember my skin feeling hot and tight, it wasn't painful enough to visit a hospital however it was as though someone was prickling me with hot needles all over my body, this subsided after about 4 hours of tossing and turning in bed which is when the faintness, nausea and vertigo kicked in ended up being ill for the rest of the day being sick.
Quite scary and a good kick up the arse to not do something so stupid and 'chase' the high.
Luckily I have always been responsible with my doses and settings so recognized this fault to put me back in line probably needed the experience to remind me of that. That being said on any dose of metocin 10mg+ I notice this bodyload every so slightly on the latter stages of the trip and up to 6ish hours after, feeling a pricklish heat to the skin perhaps a slight swollen feeling.

Would be interesting if anyone else relates to this, or whether it is an allergy thing despite doing allergy tests.
Other key information was I attended a rave 5 days prior where I took lsd, E, metocin with hourly intervals( 40ug, 100mg, 100mg, 10mg) so this probably attributed to the severity of the bad bodyload. However I still experience this burning, itching sensation on a much milder scale, enough so that I can sleep after a smoke on the smaller doses but there is definitely some unatural skin feeling on any dose above 10mg.

The only worrisome side-effect from metocin and metacetin I've noticed is brain zaps and feeling of electricity running all over the body that may become too intense.

Personal observation: When taking psychedelics too often and too much, the sought after psychedelia and euphoria disappear first, body load and negative effects will become more pronounced.

Its been proven that besides being acting as psychotomimetics and causing fun effects, most psychedelics are also strong TNF-a inhibitors, which has a lot to do with body's inflammatory response (check side effects section for TNF-a inhibitors), there is also unresearched sigma receptors interactions.

In short, don't do it too often - even once a week will become burdensome eventually.

I havent experienced the zapping/flanging sensation yet with 4 HO MET but I remember getting a very similar effect from AMT

What effect is it when 2 or 3 hrs into the trip everything is going accordingly then all of a sudden you become confused and panicky and the tv screen or/and program youve been watching skips around or slows down or something that feels like you are a circuit shortening out and you can't think straight feel like your loosing it so you hurry down the hall to benzo supply but then decide to wait a min or two and it starts to subside so I ride it out the next 1 or 2hrs? Can somebody help understand what happened?

What effect is it when 2 or 3 hrs into the trip everything is going accordingly then all of a sudden you become confused and panicky and the tv screen or/and program youve been watching skips around or slows down or something that feels like you are a circuit shortening out and you can't think straight feel like your loosing it so you hurry down the hall to benzo supply but then decide to wait a min or two and it starts to subside so I ride it out the next 1 or 2hrs? Can somebody help understand what happened?

That effect is called a panic attack, and it's not due to the drug, it has to do with something in your environment/mind suggesting to you that you aren't fully in control and that can have a profound effect while tripping. It's good that you were able to meta-cognitively right yourself. In those situations your heart gets going and you feel very on edge but you really just have to tell yourself that you fooled yourself and everything is actually fine. It can take a while for your body to calm down which can be a pretty dissonant experience where you continue to try to find reasons to be as anxious as you are but with practice you can flip in and out of those situations with relative ease

Yeah im assuming that's what it is but this one time felt unique in a more out of control delirious way. Other experiences with this one produced very unique beautiful visuals.

I always feel like shrooms/4HO lead to much more delirious thoughts than say LSD or 2C-B (for me at least). For some reason I've had several difficult experiences on even low doses of 4HO (even 10mg is strong for me, when I took 14mg I thought I was becoming crazy and was legit scared I would not get back to normal...). Such experiences have never happened to me on either LSD/2CB. I feel like I have a lot to learn from tryptamines.

I would tend to agree, I have never experienced significant paranoia on anything but 4-substituted tryptamines. That and it tends to follow a predictable pattern of suspicion -> pronoia -> paranoia

I think I'm posting too much

I totally get what you're saying, for me it's indeed often something like this: feeling weirded out --> no actually you just gotta let it go, man that's amazing --> I think I let myself go way too much and I don't understand anything anymore.

I totally get what you're saying, for me it's indeed often something like this: feeling weirded out --> no actually you just gotta let it go, man that's amazing --> I think I let myself go way too much and I don't understand anything anymore.

I can definitely relate, the second guessing myself about letting go is something I've gotten better at, it's weird that at one point I thought I had to relax my meta-cognition and stop overthinking the trip, but now I understand that what that's really doing is blocking out my own thoughts, which is a big part of what sets off the whole paranoid/magical thinking for me.

Does that mean you're on tryptamines right now? :) Because I'd say you're not posting too much, I wish everyone posted more.

Haha unfortunately not, but thanks Xorkoth. That means a lot, especially coming from you

Vastness,
I never got that from 4-ho-met, but my first time with 4-aco-dmt (30mg + 150mg MDMA) had me feeling a sensation of being in the presence of divinity. Not big-G "God" necessarily, but something for sure.

4acoDMT alone have this strong spiritual feeling for myself too, divine rapture. This is why I mix it with 4hoMET, it give a profound/spiritual aspect to it.