View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MET Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on dose, but I would say that 4-HO-MET is more visual than 2c-b.

Things can look crazy on 2cb at times
I think the only way to really no is to try sadly

On 4-HO-MET you can barely contain the amount of visuals.

I've tried 2c-b a couple of times, and the visual activity is nothing compared to 4-HO-MET.

plug 25mg and jesus fucking christ.

Shulgin said in blind test he couldn't tell it from Psilocin
Would ppl agree

it isn't similar enough to psilocin to say I wouldn't be able to tell them apart, but it's quite similar. If you've tried any 4-substituted tryptamine you've probably gotten the gist of what to expect. Yawning, Extreme Euphoria, Extreme emotional enhancement and music appreciation, Overactive tear ducts, neon CEV, blurry/colorful/mayan OEVs and stuff looks like it sometimes has a thin film of pattern over the surface of it.

I have also noticed the post-trip stimulation and I have to say I don't like it. It made me feel like the world was going to end :/

Does anyone feel like after they've had as magical/spiritual a trip as possible on 4 substituted tryptamines that the amphetamine qualities of the drug stand out more in later trips?

Does anyone feel like after they've had as magical/spiritual a trip as possible on 4 substituted tryptamines that the amphetamine qualities of the drug stand out more in later trips?

Yes actually, I've yet to try 4-HO-MET, but with 4-AcO-DMT now on the drift back down from the peak I often suddenly become extremely overstimulated, unable to lay still, thoughts racing at a million miles per second.

For when I get a chance to try it, for those who've tried both - what dose of 4-HO-MET roughly compares in strength of experience to 35mg of 4-AcO-DMT fumarate, (a rather strong dose for me) in your opinions?

So that's why It was so uncomfortable in the comedown phase, I was anxious, nervous and shaky! (It's now like 6 months I haven't use 4-Ho-MET again). Damn!

Tried this one a couple nights ago, ~25 mgs. Wasnt that impressed to be honest, it was a dull experience, visuals were not very profound, no mindfuck at all, sometimes i would just sit there with a thoughtless head. I felt like I had no soul.

^Really? That's an atypical reaction, it may just have been a bad day. It doesn't even sound like 4-HO-MET to be honest. 25mgs is quite a dose, I would definitely be having good visuals at and a euphoric headspace at that dose.

Are you sure you got it from a reputable vendor? Also, you said "~25mgs" which implies you didn't know the exact dosage. Did you use a scale? If not, your dosage may have been well off.

Why not try it again under different circumstances.

People say it's "weaker" than 4-AcO, but I found it to be just as strong at the same dose...maybe stronger. It definitely lasted waaay longer than the 4-AcO and had more intense visuals. This was at 25 mg or so.

Yes actually, I've yet to try 4-HO-MET, but with 4-AcO-DMT now on the drift back down from the peak I often suddenly become extremely overstimulated, unable to lay still, thoughts racing at a million miles per second.

For when I get a chance to try it, for those who've tried both - what dose of 4-HO-MET roughly compares in strength of experience to 35mg of 4-AcO-DMT fumarate, (a rather strong dose for me) in your opinions?

when I did 25 mg of 4-ho-MET I would compare it to a little over 20 mg of 4-aco-DMT probably.

Set and setting is actually a pretty big factor though. The greatest trip I ever had, was during senior week which I had been looking forward to pretty much for the last 4 years hahaha.

so ive been interested intrying this as ive been experimenting with 4-ho-mipt and its great. the thing is, i seem to need doses of 50mg or more to get a decent effect. does anyone think it might be the same for me with 4-ho-mipt?

Did anyone find a trick to reduce the bad speedy and anxious comedown? Not everyone has this problem and I didn't have them at the beginning either. I have the same problems as Hoffmanblotter and I don't use it anymore for the same reasons. But the times I used it were very very good and changed my personality to the good.

Big big fan of this tryptamine. Haven't had it in many many moons but reading up on this thread motivated me to seek some out. I love the euphoria and stimulation, it's so straightforward. Reminds me of LSD in a lot of ways, much more so than any other tryptamine I have tried. 22mg was a perfect dose every time. I only got to try it a handful of times but every one was wonderful.

so ive been interested intrying this as ive been experimenting with 4-ho-mipt and its great. the thing is, i seem to need doses of 50mg or more to get a decent effect. does anyone think it might be the same for me with 4-ho-mipt?

4-HO-MET has roughly the same dosing ballpark as 4-HO-MiPT, from personal trials. If you are needing doses greater than 50mg of 4-HO-MiPT though, I would think that you either have a very large tolerance, or some very bunk material.

Still, try the 4-HO-MET at the sensible dose range first, as it may be that your 4-HO-MiPT actually is bunk. (I don't know why this would be the case, but stranger things have happened).

Surprised to see how many fans this has, I found 4-HO-MET very much along the lines of generic. Potent, but nothing special.

Honestly, the only two lab-created 4-XX-tryptamines I really enjoyed to any great extent were 4-AcO-DMT and 4-Ho-DiPT. All the rest were more of the same, or little of what is good.

I found 4-ho-met to require less material (most I took was 22mg) than most other 4-subbed-tryptamines.

This is the most recreational psychedelic I have taken in that it isn't mentally "deep" but it does provide a very interesting and refreshing psychedelic experience. Interesting to note that I get almost uncontrollable hysterical laughter every time I take this chemical.

Combines fantastically with aMT and/or ketamine.

Status
Not open for further replies.