View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MET Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyhow tried high doses? Talking 30mg+. 25mg plugged is crazy intense, but anyone tried say 35mg oral or something?

I plugged 35-40 by accident, the come up was fucking horrible. Hit way too hard and fast and gave me plenty of vomiting and anxiety, with hot and cold flushes. After that wore off it was the funniest trip I have ever had, got pretty intense but I had no choice but to laugh. The after glow was great in combination with the worn out feeling from laughing so much.

Yeah I also experience pretty bad bodyload during the comeup when i plug, it just all happens way to fast. Which is why I am going to do oral or sublingual if I wanna do a high dose.

I agree with the above post, I always start small & build up when I can & havent had any problem redosing with 4-ho-met. But, the reason I post today is . . .

I don't remember where I came upon the story, may have been on Erowid or it may have been right here on BL but I read about 4-ho-met & other 4 substituted tryptamines degrading. As I've now had some experience with some degraded metocine I thought I'd post a quick report in this thread about it.

I decided to take some metocine with me to visit a friend in the west country for a weekend late last year. I wrapped 100mg into a rizla, like a teeny, tiny thin little joint & slipped this into a container that, it turns out, had not been adequately dried after having been washed out. The opportunity to use the compound did not appear but I forgot that I'd stashed the stuff & left in an overnight bag for about a week.

Suddenly, I remembered my stash & when I removed the 4-ho-met rizla from it's container I found that the rizla was damp & had turned a rich reddish/brown colour. Needless to say, my heart sank. I thought the compound had been destroyed. Still, I decided to try to dose effectively with this brown mush, cutting the brown rizla into lots of tiny pieces (not easy, very sticky, like cannabis oil!) & then dissolved it in 100 ml of vodka. I then dosed my usual 8mg & was very surprised when the desired effects appeared! Despite having been damp & forgotten about for at least 2 weeks, this strange brown mud appeared to have the exact same effect as the original white powder!

I unfortunately failed to refrigerate my mixture & a repeated experiment failed even after increasing the dose to 30mg. Clearly the compound continued to degrade & eventually became useless, the process taking about a month. I suspect refrigeration may have slowed the process.

Having read about this elsewhere I thought I'd support the conclusion that degraded 4-ho-met DOES still work if you're quick about it. But damp & warmth (my overnight bag was next to a radiator!) eventually does destroy it's activity completely. I count myself lucky to having gotten the one, good buzz off it when I did!

Well something simillar hapenned to me. i mixed 300mg of 4-ho in a bottle of water, had a 3hours flight, i was a bit worried about the temperatures, and once landed i shaared a half of the bottle with few friends. All the effects were ok, the day after i tooked a 2day trip by train, and waited about 3 other days before opening my bag, and the water turned really dark, i tried to drink it and it was useless. I suspect the oxygen to degrade this compound.

Hmmm interesting about it degrading. I have metocin from 2008 and it is still a just slightly off-white powder and was quite active when I sampled it over the summer. I can't remember if it was a salt or a base I was provided with, I suspect the fumarate salt would be fairly sturdy.

Even though this was no psilacetin, the 12mg I sampled via SQ was very potent.

Last night me and two friends took some that had been just lying in my cupboard in wraps for over 2 months and I didnt notice any loss of potency, but I guess that might not be enough time for any serious degrading to happen.
Also, my friend that took it with me had never done it before and took about 20mg, he enjoyed it and laughed alot but said that he had next to no visuals other than slight blurred vision. Whereas, I had intense visuals like every other time I had done it.
I guess it just goes down to the "drugs effect everyone differently", I was just annoyed he didnt get to experience it fully.

Getting some of this much-coveted trypt soon and am looking for activity ideas for my trip. How social/euphoric/recreational is it compared to other trypts? How is the body load? I don't usually enjoy psychedelics but thought a low dose of 4-HO-MET with a micro-dose of 4-FA would be a pleasant ride :)

Any suggestions for trip activities?

I've only tried 4-ho-met once at 25mg, and found it to be the mildest tryptamine experience. Low body load, nice visuals, little confusion/head-fuckiness. Maybe comparable to a much lower dose of 4-aco-dmt but with a higher doses' visual quality. The visuals seem to vary based on person. Little emotional depth; moderate euphoria (if such a thing can exist).

I thought it was very low effort to go out to a music show. For me, at this dosage, this is an "easy" public tryptamine.

had 250 mg of 4-ho-met about a year ago. @ 10-20mg. each time was great and funny, but not very "in depth".

I remember the come up was remarkably fast @ 10 mins or so. I liked it a lot :). Fun, but not too deep @ 10-20mg. didn't go beyond that.

Holy FUHCK, this stuff is no joke! Expected an easy, 4-FA-meets-mushrooms high. Spent the day tripping balls in my bed for 10 hours on 25 mg :D Attempted to write a trip report (in trip reports section) but it doesn't do it justice. An awesome, underrated substance IMO.

I need to get my hands on this compound soon. I keep hearing great stuff about it, I just need to wait until I can afford it.

Is 4-HO-MET stimulating at all/difficult to sleep on after the come down? I've been researching moxy lately and often have trouble going to sleep after it and was wondering if 4-HO-MET is like that at all.

@ConspiracyTheory: YES. It's probably the most stimulating tryptamine of the whole bunch from what I've read...definitely more so than shrooms or 4-AcO-DMT (both of which I've tried). It also lasts longer than 4-AcO, so don't take it if you're trying to sleep within 8 hours or so after dosing. The main stimulant effects I got were dehydration and jaw clenching, so drink plenty of water and chew gum! ;)

@ConspiracyTheory: YES. It's probably the most stimulating tryptamine of the whole bunch from what I've read...definitely more so than shrooms or 4-AcO-DMT (both of which I've tried). It also lasts longer than 4-AcO, so don't take it if you're trying to sleep within 8 hours or so after dosing. The main stimulant effects I got were dehydration and jaw clenching, so drink plenty of water and chew gum! ;)

Thanks. Damn, I'll have to wait to take it then. :\

Yes, it will keep you awake for a few hours post-trip. It has a peculiar stimulating edge, which seems to manifest during the latter stage of the trip and last a few hours in to the afterglow.

Explain shrooms to me

Hi if tried 2cb salvia and mdma amoungs millions of other unrelated drugs
Now i've done a little reseach and found I may be interested in this could any of you tell me somethings I may experisnce with this chem that I would not have experanced with above chems
And what things may be familer

Last edited:
4-HO-MET is highly visual, very friendly, recreational and little to none mindfuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.