• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-MiPT Thread

Okay this thread has been edited and scraps have been archived. Anyone have anything they want to add to this thread? It sounds like a good one, maybe I'll get around to trying it someday...

EVERYTHING BEFORE THIS POST HAS BEEN CLEANED

Last edited by a moderator:
Hekog said:
I just wanted to say that I gave this one a low-dose test run last night and I almost want to keep it for that purpose. (maybe not, but it was pretty cool)

I imagine it was about 12mg (fumerate salt). It gave me a really nice tingly/electric body high, a mild euphoria, and just a general positive vibe that was perfect for what I did (curling up under a blanket and watching American Beauty).

There was a little bit of associative thinking at that dose, but nothing major. Some minor visuals (light flashes and objects breathing).

Fell soundly asleep after the movie was over (about 3 hours after dosing).

That about sums up my experience as well. I liked the spatula after transfering mine to a vial. That was the only time I have ever eyeballed a substance like this...I suspect I ate no more than 8mg or so. This was with that first batch that turned to goo upon exposure to air. I cannot remember if it was the base or the salt...I threw away the COA long ago.

morninggloryseed said:
From what I have read (never attempted myself) the hcl of this compound is not very water soluble. Perhaps try gently heating the solution. Another thing would be to add a few drops of HCL. You can get that at a hardware store. Be careful using heat...this compound is probably not the most stable.

Citric acid in very small quantity(approx. .5mg per 10ml) worked without heat to get mipracetin in soultion in distilled water. It took about 20 mins to fully disolve though.

[don't incriminate yourself] I want to try out a couple different routes of administration.

Does snorting/vaporizing/IM administration work? And if there are no personal experiences could someone with more experience and knowledge of chemistry and drugs explain the dangers (if there are any) of trying a new route with a new chemical. I'm open to experimenting, I just want to know if it's a good idea or not.

I have yet to try this chem out, but my friends say it's amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is best taken oraly. I tried freebasing 4-ho-mipt converted to the freebase with no real effect.
Snorting it works, but the drip is terrible and it is just not worth it. I personally had a very bad reaction to insnufflated 4-aco-dipt.
Tread these waters with caution.

I tried it!

I took 15 mg, measured with a syringe off of a 10 mg scale...not the best method, but the mg scale is coming in the mail soon.

It did remind me of shrooms a lot. The come-up was amazingly fast and nausea free, the first psychedelic I've tried that didn't have a body load at all. My past psychedelic experience includes shrooms, 2c-i, 2c-e, 5-meo-dmt, salvia and DXM. My only bit of nausea was fleeting and cured by a loud and healthy belch.

Visuals were cool, a lot like shrooms, except I got noticeably more CEV and slightly less OEV. During the come-up, all the cars that would drive by in the distance would look exactly like toy cars. My sense of perspective was completely fucked. Me and my friends spent the first half an hour coming up just walking around dizzily feeling fucked up. Patterning was amazing, especially when I was on the ice. We walked on a ice rink next to a school but it felt like we were walking on a lake...cool shit.

Intensity of 15 mg seemed to be about a half-eighth of shrooms, but these things are hard to gauge based on the variability of tripping. One of my friends took 10 mg and was definitely tripping less than me, although he's usually very sensitive (at least to phenethylamines)

My trip wasn't amazing though; I didn't feel like I got much out of it. The whole time I felt like coming down, and I had terrible circular thinking. These things are more due to my set, but I couldn't help but be extremely paranoid about all my friends around me. Everything they said seem to carry extra meaning. Their words were a plot. When my friend talked about the sunset I could see the hidden motive in his words and would start to plan my words accordingly...it was all in my head.

I never found shrooms to be a very helpful psychedelic either, it's hard to process your thoughts when you keep forgetting everything every 3 seconds. I much preferred 2c-e. Endless hours of stimulated insanity coupled with realizations bubbling up from my inner consciousness seems to be more to my taste.

In terms of length, I was expecting a 4 hour trip. I took around 4 and at about 8:30 I considered myself mostly down, but still going just a little. Then I smoked three bowls and that completely changed. On other psychedelics, if I smoke weed after the come-down it just makes me really high and brings back a couple aspects of the trip, but this time, I was tripping, just as hard as my peak. It was almost as if the trip completely started over again. I still live with my parents and they are opposed to such experimenting, so coming home was difficult for me.

Sleep didn't come until 1 in the morning, even after the weed.

P.S. (to nife): I'm still a greenlighter (15 posts) and cannot send PM.

Last edited:
Wow, you've only posted 15 times since October? For some reason it seems like I've read a lot more than 15 of your posts 8o

so ~25mg of the fumarate would calculate to how many mg of the HCl?

didn't realize the fumarate's molecular weight was so much greater.

had a chance to try the freebase. that was so awesome. I really really enjoyed that! An absolute favourite - insightful yet gentle like few others.

Just going to report my second, much more positive experience with this compound.

I was in my house in the middle of the night weighing stuff out, when I decided to dose myself. My friend had taken some earlier and said that it was extremely weak and must have degraded or something. It turns out, he was lying and didn't actually take the drug for whatever reason, which I found out from him the next day. This influenced my decision to take a large dose. I took a 15 mg pill, and then 10 minutes later I just ate what was at least 20 mg, but I wasn't really sure. I wanted to trip, and just ate an eyeballed amount.

It was kinda stupid, but the result was amazing. As my entire world melted around me and I was shaking in fear, I slowly started to become more and more comfortable with myself and overcame my fear of intense psychedelic experiences. The rest of the night I was flying in my own bliss, listening to angels singing and love pouring into me.

I would just like to recommend that people try large doses, Terrence McKenna did say once that no mushroom trip should be under 4 grams, and I think I agree... I feel completely reborn. %)

eggsminuspan said:
and then 10 minutes later I just ate what was at least 20 mg, but I wasn't really sure. I wanted to trip, and just ate an eyeballed amount.

It was kinda stupid, but the result was amazing.

I have been guilty of this rash re-dosing with 4-AcO-MIPT as well. And Xorkoth has just written a report where he describes dosing 4-AcO-DMT multiple times... my first dose was also carefully measured, and my second and third (the top-ups) were eyeballed... I do have a feeling that these chems are fairly forgiving even if one goes up to, say, 50mg. Well, at least in terms of actual physical harm done. In fact, it seems to be next to none in terms of actual toxicity.

For the record, this is just a hunch I have for a number of 4-substituted tryptamines. It may not be true for all of the 4-substituted tryptamines, and it may not even be true at all - it has just been my experience that they seem to invite redosing more than other chems, and that they're more benign as well (compared to, say 5-MeO-MIPT and 5-MeO-DIPT, and the 2C-T's and the 2C's).

Everyone please proceed with caution, and know how much you're ingesting. Only redose if it feels right to you.

Ximot said:
had a chance to try the freebase. that was so awesome. I really really enjoyed that! An absolute favourite - insightful yet gentle like few others.

Many often say 'freebase' to indicate smoking. DId you smoke it, or you just mean you ate some that happened to be in the basic form?

/\ I was given it by a good heart who asked me to report back to him on how smoking goes as he doesn't smoke. I may have smoked a few mg's but it didn't really do what I had expected (did I make it too hot and destroy the molecule?), and I ended up eating it, later on snorting a little off my finger. On another (earlier) occasion I plugged a fairly big amount (approx. 20mg, I don't remember, around what would be a strong oral dose for many) ... kinda getting permeated by the molecule through every orifice... only had 100mg, and they all went in 2 sessions... one alone, and one in company (where the other person did about 15mg). So I basically caned at least 80mg of this stuff in 2 sessions. Hard to find a more morish molecule. The fumarate I have didn't quite feel so morish - but then i haven't touched that one for a while, and set/setting may have had to do with the perceived morishness of the molecule, I'm not sure (call me an unreliable narrator...).

So, the 4-aco-mipt (i always just say mipt, being the only mipt I have dealings with) that I have been using is now a questionable substance.

My friend was in a large possession of the chem and was arrested for an unrelated crime. They found the pills and claimed they were heroin. A week later when she was let off (yesterday), the police told her they sent it in for testing and found it showed up as "mostly heroin".

This makes absolutely no sense to me, because it felt sooo much like shrooms, and I'm very skeptical when I'm taking chemicals, especially one's I haven't tried before. I for one do not believe that it's heroin, except possible in a small enough amount to not matter, why would my supplier (a generally considered great vendor, I'm sure most of you would agree if I was allowed to post sources) lace my product with heroin?

Anyways, to my question. How would I go about testing? I'm looking for people with experience and knowledge of both H and psychedelics who could tell me some obvious things to look for. I was thinking, since H's oral dose is much higher than the mipt's dose, We would try smoking it. My idea was to have a volunteer smoke 10 mg, depending on the strength, smoke another dose an hour later, then another dose an hour later, and so on, until the tolerance of the mipt prevents the test subject from tripping, but they could still feel the heroin?

Can I get a marquis-reagent test or something? Test melting points? Any ideas?

I have a feeling that's bullshit and the police are trying to get your friend for drug possession. They probably had it tested, didn't know what it was, saw that it wasn't illegal, and thought it would be easier to claim it was a schedule 1 substance.

Just my feeling about it, though. As you said, why the hell would a vendor of legal substances (quasi-legal) lace a product with heroin? Especially since heroin is worth more on the street by far?

You better request some test results, have a lawyer check this out. I strongly doubt there's H in that stuff. lol

crOOk