• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-MET Thread

So I had this really interesting experience earlier this spring, on Bicycle Day.
So I decided to write trip report, 4-AcO-MET/~33 mg - 2nd trial - Suddenly there was a change

Now I normally wouldnt post such a trip report but the stark and sudden change in visuals surrounding the confusion I experienced really made me wonder ... This change persisted for the rest of the trip (perhaps in part due to the setting sun??). Has anyone experienced something similar?

About the China - quite pointless discussion, as I see pros and cons with everything. But in the sake of harm reduction:

IMO buying straight from that country drastically reduces the guarantee of the authenticity of the product (ie you'd think you're getting 4-AcO-MET but it can easily turn up to be some designer cannabinoid active in micrograms). Whether if it comes from reseller, vendors usually want to keep their customers alive and well (as I would imagine they themselves dabble in some experiences) so they at least try to make sure it is what it really is. Of course there are exceptions, like with BromoDragonfly deaths and infamously known vendor who was indeed a reseller of chems from China. It was a very tragic lesson for all vendors and users.

So I had this really interesting experience earlier this spring, on Bicycle Day.
So I decided to write trip report, 4-AcO-MET/~33 mg - 2nd trial - Suddenly there was a change

Now I normally wouldnt post such a trip report but the stark and sudden change in visuals surrounding the confusion I experienced really made me wonder ... This change persisted for the rest of the trip (perhaps in part due to the setting sun??). Has anyone experienced something similar?

REPOSTED FROM TRs:

These kind of things happen to me very often and lately it started involving auditory hallucinations and distortions as well. My first ever trip on mushrooms showed it in all it's glory - I got freaked out because of some disagreements with my then girlfriend and it triggered visual demonic growth in everything, it was quite realistic looking too. 8o
But then, as I changed the setting to going outside for a smoke, visuals changed into hunter's instinct and euphoric zooming in and fracturing, all demonic stuff was gone in no time! %)

Usually this happens when I'm not able to get out of confusion that creates too much tension. The resolution is to clear the mind and remember that it's empty by nature - this aspect of our minds especially prominent when tripping. So whatever comes in there, becomes embedded in patterns that the overactive mind is creating, so we start seeing realistic distortions. When we are scared even a tiny bit, it can easily become an infinite visual terror if we let it happen.

Playing singing bowls is really really good for situations when obvious hellishness starts to come out IME. Reason behind is that resonating signing bowl will create sound patterns as various mandalas - our mind will pick up on it and rearrange itself accordingly - it will become like a mandala. It will bring back rainbow colors and sparkliness of a clear mind. Just keep playing it till you feel great! ;)

Aye I have had these sorts of externalizing of my inner confusion but I was simply not expecting it from this compound. It caught me off guard, in a good way.
I just wanted ot make sure I wasnt having some sort of episode (/ psychotic break). Ive posted about it after various acid trips (alone (high dose) and in combo with T7, another with 2ce and mushrooms and another high dose with mda) but no one really had any insight other than "ya Ive had that when Im tripping hard." But Ive also had it from a dxm+weed trip. So thank you for your insight Volsam

Im just curious though does anyone have any insight on combing this with md(m)a?
I have a festival coming up and I think this might be a wonderful combo. Bright and visual without too much headspace. Im hoping the m will synergize and add some mental aspects.
Thoughts?

edit: after considering the weather and Ms increased neurotoxicity with elevated temperatures and the fact this will be a day time trip and I dont want to just bunker down in the shade.... I think Ill pass on the M.

But Im still interested in the 4 aco met... I know the safety profile is similar to mushrooms (et al) but would there be any cause for concern to combine with 5 meo mipt? Given 5 meo mipt is said to have maoi properties?

Last edited:
Took 11mg of this stuff last night with no psychedelic tolerance, combined with a bunch of wine

Got pretty spun, definitely less of a creepy come-up in comparison to 4-aco-DMT, still got a bit paranoid and loopy though. Hard not to be paranoid during this creepy coronavirus world we're living in

Stood up from my couch and said "oh my god!" out loud when it started hitting me because the colors on my TV were blowing my mind haha.

Didn't have a great time because I combined it with so much wine and I got all stupified and disoriented, but it seems like a great drug and look forward to trying it again when the world is more normal and without alcohol

I've never tried 4-ho-MET but it was similar to how it's been described

Didn't get any weird side-effects that couldn't be ruled out from the wine, although it was pretty stimulating. I felt a big sick towards the end but I attribute that to sleep deprivation and wine. Less of a forceful stimulation compared to phenethylamines though.

It was a brown powder with the classic tryptamine smell. Appeared and smelled the same as a batch of 4-aco-DMT I had 8 years ago, minus the clumpiness.

Last edited:
It’s nice stuff, one of my favourites. I prefer 4-AcO to 4-HO but they are very close. Not for everyone but my most euphoric experiences has been with a 50/50 combo of 4-AcO-MET and 4-AcO-DMT. Careful with the dose, many call this one mild in the headspace department but I have found if I push the dose the visual experience gets so intense and beautifully sinister. I have had what appeared to be entity contact OEV on 45mg 4-AcO-MET combo with 15mg 4-AcO-DMT. These are high doses for and I have had a lot of experience with them both alone, so everyone is different.

Yes I once comboed this with 4 aco dmt and dxm
I took 400 mg of dxm. At t1:00 I took 20 mg of 4 aco dmt and 20 mg of 4 aco met.
The plan was to be more social than a higher dose of any of the three but by t2:00 I knew Id made a huge mistake lol ...

Playing video games with friends became entirely undeisrably and I passed the controller
so that I could roll on the couch. With a warm electrified but mellow body a plethora of colours danced over open eyes.

At one point a foaf made mentioned how I was fucked and laughed about my hair... and I suddenly tried to sit up and straighten up. Only to be rolling unabashedly in ecstasy some minutes later. It took a few hours to come off the peak. It was a challenge not to just excuse myself to escape as my mind raced... but not into the loops which higher doses of either dxm or 4 aco dmt (or other full psychedelics) seem to cause for me,.

The experience wasnt social and for a party where everyone was drinking was a little too intense
but ..it was managable and I will def repeat on my own, in a proper setting

20mg 4-AcO-DMT + 20mg 4-AcO-MET would be a strong experience on it's on.

400mg of DXM + 20mg of any 4-sub would also be a strong experience on it's on. DXM potentiates psychedelics by a lot, and 400mg isn't necessarily a low dose of it, either.

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. I would have been out of there ASAP :ROFLMAO:

20mg 4-AcO-DMT + 20mg 4-AcO-MET would be a strong experience on it's on.

400mg of DXM + 20mg of any 4-sub would also be a strong experience on it's on. DXM potentiates psychedelics by a lot, and 400mg isn't necessarily a low dose of it, either.

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. I would have been out of there ASAP :ROFLMAO:

I should note that I had a higher tolerance to dissos from recent dxm use in months leading up to this event.. So though 400 was only half of what I had weighed out lol, another 400 for t3:00 but 15 min after dosing the tryps I realized how silly such a large dose was with dxm as a launch pad...

And as much as i wanted to bail it was a birthday party for a friend... at my place ... and I had bailed on New Years on these guys (after overshooting a 1a-lsd and 2ct7 combo lol). So I figured I should stick this one out ...

Just ordered my first 4-ho, I'm a big fan of 4-aco. At big doses I find it the same as oral DMT without the hellish vomiting. Absolute brain food - it's like your brain says "Excuse me while I take the controls for a bit mate". Don't think I've ever experienced laughing fits like it.

I'm planning on researching a different tryptamine than the usual 4acodmt soon, and this has had my eye for awhile.

Anyone that's tried it, how does it compare to 4acodmt, mushrooms, dmt, and lsd?

I have also tried 4homet and 4homipt, but they were both so long ago and I only tried them once so they are less of a useful comparison but still desired if anyone can.

4-ho-met is a lot more gentle than 4-aco-dmt. its like how methylone is to mdma. its like "psilocin light".

I'm planning on researching a different tryptamine than the usual 4acodmt soon, and this has had my eye for awhile.

Anyone that's tried it, how does it compare to 4acodmt, mushrooms, dmt, and lsd?

I have also tried 4homet and 4homipt, but they were both so long ago and I only tried them once so they are less of a useful comparison but still desired if anyone can.
Again, can't go wrong really.

You might like this recent report by @Pfafffed

4-AcO-MET is somewhat less in your face, which applies in every context of the word, but out of all tryptamines 4-HO-MET is closest. Generally people like 4-HO-MET better though, there was some more discussion about the differences between the two a while ago in the social threads. They're all great honestly.

oh this is 4-aco-met. i hav eno idea.
I think it's theorized that 4acomet is a prodrug for 4homet anyway. So I'm assuming they're fairly similar. I remember enjoying 4homet, but it's been so long and I never had a peak experience like I have with 4acodmt so it's less memorable for me.

Again, can't go wrong really.

You might like this recent report by @Pfafffed

4-AcO-MET is somewhat less in your face, which applies in every context of the word, but out of all tryptamines 4-HO-MET is closest. Generally people like 4-HO-MET better though, there was some more discussion about the differences between the two a while ago in the social threads. They're all great honestly.
Nice! Thanks man. I've read that it's a little more visually intense, which I'm totally cool with.

Trypts are generally my favorite but I like to combo with phens too, I feel that usually ends up feeling like a completely full psychedelic experience.

Nice! Thanks man. I've read that it's a little more visually intense, which I'm totally cool with.

Trypts are generally my favorite but I like to combo with phens too, I feel that usually ends up feeling like a completely full psychedelic experience.
4-HO-MiPT is also well liked, combos great with phens too :) speaking from limited but somewhat relevant experience.

so yesterday I tried a small taste of 4-ACO-MET. I put an ammount that didn't even register on my cheap Gemini-20 scale and then about an equal amount that stuck to the tweezers in a glass of water. I'm guessing this was 3-5mg total. I wasn't expecting to feel anything but was surprised to feel a definite +1 some time later (2 hours maybe?). The buzzing (flanging?) in the body felt really good, and there was some sparkling to the visual field as well. No visuals, more like the pixles were tending to flicker in slightly bigger clumps. Its been a few years since I've used mushrooms and haven't tried any other 4 sub tryptamines so I feel excited about this one.

I found it to be an ok tryptamine, not really bad but there are a lot of better ones out there. From the 4aco‘s I’ve tried I found only 4aco-mipt less interesting.

I found it to be an ok tryptamine, not really bad but there are a lot of better ones out there. From the 4aco‘s I’ve tried I found only 4aco-mipt less interesting.
What did you find lacking with it?

I tried it at 21mg orally in a capsule yesterday at the start of a hike in a beautiful state park on a beautiful day after a thunderstorm. The sun came out in patches between billowing cumulous clouds. The trail was full of all sorts of wildflowers and the sun was shining through the grass and other plant. First alerts were at ~20 minutes and then at ~35 minutes the effects started building rapidly. I stopped at a bench for the next 30-60 minutes to focus on opening up to the rapidly increasing changes. Like others have mentioned there was a focus on the visual. Colors became more and more bright, vivid and saturated, and along with this an appreciation of the beauty. There was some physical intensity as the feelings in the heart center and gut increased and then an integration of those centers of feeling happened where "I" transitioned from being an observer of those centers to those centers being a part of "me". I noticed a brief moment of nausea that corresponded to a moment of resisting that integration (an old fear of being overwhelmed by the intimacy with my own feeling centers that quickly passed. In the past this would have been more difficult and taken up more time in the trip.

My watch died and I lost my pen, so I was unable to keep track of time or take careful notes. I believe the peak happened at about 1.5-2 hr after ingestion. There were DMT like closed eye visuals at the peak - images made of many fine lines of simple colors with a dark background. Around the peak I felt like I could have closed my eyes, laid down and fallen into another universe. I'm curious what would have happened had I gone with that, however I was with my girlfriend on a hike and had the intention of being more extroverted. Next time I may take a higher dose alone and see if that other universe is available.

The previous week I had spent a lot of time creating midjourney ai images in the style of different impressionist painters and this seemed to influence the aesthetic of the visual landscape of the park. I spent some time talking with my girlfriend and looking out at a large landscape and it was like a living impressionist painting perhaps a mix of monet and van gogh. I was deeply affected by the beauty, I don't know how to explain it except to speak in cliches like it was unbelievably wonderfully amazingly beautiful.

During the ramp up to the peak and at the peak I was able to talk to my girlfriend. We talked about some difficult relationship issues. After the peak we started hiking again and continued to talk about our relationship and other things. I noticed something that I feel with almost every trip on every psychedelic, a sense of deep wellbeing that inhibits reactivity. I was able to hear difficult things without the usual defenses. I seemed more clearheaded doing this than with 2C-B or TMA-2. With those substances I seemed to get pulled out of my own experience and deeply drawn into a representation of my girlfriend's mind. This useful for understanding/empathizing with her but reduced my own self-awareness.

Along the way there were great big majestic oak trees, gold finches, boston oriels, a golden iridescent daddy long legs, blue herons and even a pair of sand hill cranes that walked with us for a way and then took off together to fly across the valley. I felt so much gratitude to see these creatures and the landscape, the flowers and clouds and trees.

I love to run and I went on about an 8 mile run with my girlfriend biking along. It felt easier than normal, there are signals of discomfort the body sends when running up hills or after running for a while and these were greatly diminished. I felt full of energy and was making jokes about drinking beers with my bat boys and eating lighting bugs. I felt really close with my girlfriend and she could feel it too. She is a therapist and said something like, "people who are tripping make the best therapists" (she sometimes volunteers at festivials to help with tripping people who need help and says they often notice stuff about her and she feels like she gets a therapy session from it).

At about the end of the run we could see sand hill cranes flying into the sky from many areas of the park and gathering in a large group and flying off in the distance as the sun started to go down. This was about at the 4 hr mark and most of the primary effects were gone, although there was a great afterglow that lasted for the rest of the night. The combination of the psychedelic and the run left me feeling deeply relaxed in my body and open in my mind. I think this could be a powerful way to reset the mind and body if I ever get into a funk.

This one seems like a big winner to me. It felt very clean, very little side effects. No nausea, no thickening of the saliva, there was relaxed energy without anxiety or tightness. Even the strange electric tingling of what I imagine to be the olfactory nerve was absent (this has been present for every other psychedelic experience as far as I remember). If this experience was universal, I would recommend it for people nervous about psychedelics to try because of its shorter time and absence of side effects. It appears I am more sensitive than normal to this one, which is great because I tend to be a hard head. Its interesting that I am less sensitive to mushrooms than normal but apparently more sensitive to metocetin.